FL - Orlando LE Officer Shot in 2018 (died 2021), 4 Children killed by gunman who took his own life

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
$

The ground outside of the complex was littered with broken glass and used police munitions. Large tarps covered broken windows. Nearby was a blue see-saw and grill where families and children would spend summer afternoons.

A trail of blood led away from the apartment, pooling near the top of the stairs. The door opposite theapartment was pock-marked with bullet holes. A young couple who emerged from that unit to take their dog on a walksaid they knew Lindsey but were too shaken to talk about him.

George Almeida lives nearby. He said he often saw Lindsey go outside for a cigarette.

“He didn’t really show any signs of anything that happened yesterday,” Almeida s

They said Lindsey was strange and they knew it was him when they heard about a hostage situation in their buildin

The apartment complex is at 4932 Eaglesmere Dr., off Kirkman Road near Universal Orlando. Sandi Marti planned to spend her day today — which marks two years since the massacre that claimed 49 lives at Pulse nightclub in 2016 — at the Pulse memorial with her wife, Carry.

Instead, the couple, who live in a nearby complex, started a memorial of their own.

4 children dead after Orlando hostage standoff; community reeling — 'It hurts too much'

Last edited:
This is so horrendous to hear. No one expected this outcome.

Life torn from these little children is so devastating and so hard for everyone to hear.

I am praying for all those involved, who knew and deeply loved these sweet children. Praying for all of the law enforcement whose intent was for a good outcome. May all of these people feel comfort and love wrapped around them.

Those beautiful children. My heart is broken. It is devastating that their lives were taken and the fear and terror they went through. I am so deeply saddened for them.

My heart is broken for this mother.
I’m sure she never imagined this happening.
My son barricaded himself in his room a few weeks ago after I called the police. It was hands down one of the scariest situations in my life. I was so scared he would harm himself or be harmed by officers doing their job. I had at least 15 officers in my condo and they were bringing in the tact team. I had a hostage negotiator tell me what to say to coax him out. Time was running out. I heard them discussing where the tact team would all be around the building. My son eventually surrendered. I’m really having a hard time with this.
I can’t belive he killed the kids. I really can’t. Why?!
This poor poor mother. My experience with my son has me still shaken to the core and no one was seriously harmed. My son is in jail.

I can’t fathom what mom is feeling. I really hope she has a strong support around her. I’m so sad.

I know we ALL go thru Websleuths.com to find the lost, spread the word of the missing, look at and read horrific things most of the public is oblivious to. This right here makes me want to cuss. I do not want to violate terms of service and its not productive, but this shakes me.. and what crossed my mind was what Margarita25 wrote.. I can't..

This is not the time or place for "how to prevent these things" but life is about odds.. this is no different..

My heart is broken for this mother.
I’m sure she never imagined this happening.
My son barricaded himself in his room a few weeks ago after I called the police. It was hands down one of the scariest situations in my life. I was so scared he would harm himself or be harmed by officers doing their job. I had at least 15 officers in my condo and they were bringing in the tact team. I had a hostage negotiator tell me what to say to coax him out. Time was running out. I heard them discussing where the tact team would all be around the building. My son eventually surrendered. I’m really having a hard time with this.
I can’t belive he killed the kids. I really can’t. Why?!
This poor poor mother. My experience with my son has me still shaken to the core and no one was seriously harmed. My son is in jail.

I can’t fathom what mom is feeling. I really hope she has a strong support around her. I’m so sad.

Dear dyannaON,

Your compassion is so deep in all of your posts, including this one.

I am sorry to hear of the terrifying experience you went through during the situation with your son.

I am so glad your son surrendered and is safe.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this.

Again, I am so glad to hear that you and your son had a good outcome from that.

I wish only the best for both of you.

Orlando Ch9 news just said Union Rep. for PD says officer that was
shot is still in 'extremely critical' condition. Has gotten no worse,
expected to survive.
Also LE knew 2 of children were dead before they went in.
None of LE interviewed heard shots that may have killed children.
Wonder if he purposely wrapped towel around gun for a silencer.

we know nothing about mom where is she is she surrounded by loved ones

there is no way as an abuse surviror she is not doing

oh my god why did i not le4ve

we all know that answer

but that does not change this for her

i think money as is often the case four kids

what did both of them dod vocationally

the apts for this market started cheap

I'm thinking he may have shot the children the same time he shot the police officer. Did he open the door and shoot the police officer or did he shoot him through the door? A couple of the kids may have been standing at the door when the police arrived and he just started shooting from there. It's possible they all died at the very beginning and he just stretched it out, leading them to believe some children might still be alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty
Back