UNSOLVED Fl - Palatka, Uknown, "old Remains", May'18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm getting an "access denied" error message with that link. Any chance you could post an extract with the basic facts please?
Human remains which appear to be "extremely old" were recovered while Florida Power and Light employees were digging to replace a power pole near Crestwood Nursing Center.

According to the Palatka Police Department, bones which appear to be very old, were recovered when FPL employees began the process of replacing a light pole on Thursday. The bones will be processed through the Medical Examiner's Office.
These few details are all police have to share at this time.

This is an ongoing story, stay with First Coast News for updates.

When I read this post I immediately thought of Haleigh Cummings. I guess the remains are much too old for her.

Not necessarily--forensically speaking, anything more than a couple of years is going to look old to somebody just eyeballing the remains. It will take a trained forensic examiner to figure out the real age. So I wouldn't want to rule her out.

Human remains which appear to be "extremely old" were recovered while Florida Power and Light employees were digging to replace a power pole near Crestwood Nursing Center.

According to the Palatka Police Department, bones which appear to be very old, were recovered when FPL employees began the process of replacing a light pole on Thursday. The bones will be processed through the Medical Examiner's Office.
These few details are all police have to share at this time.

This is an ongoing story, stay with First Coast News for updates.

This appears to be the approximate location: Google Maps

Zooming in, it appears that there's one set of lines running more or less beside Kennedy Street and another along South Palm Avenue.

Any updates on this.Do they have DNA on these remains found?Does anyone have more information on these remains found?

Last edited:
I couldn't find any information about this specific case, but there have been several discoveries of old bones in the St. Augustine/Palatka area that were determined to be historical--Spanish and American colonists, a slave cemetery, and even some prehistoric natives. The area has apparently been settled for several thousand years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back