--

County
Pasco County

GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
--

Found On Tribal Land
No

Circumstances of Recovery

Found by a hiker in the Werner-Boyce Salt Spring State Park, located at 8737 US 19 in Port Richey Florida.

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains
One or more limbs not recovered

Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description

Hair Color
Unknown
Head Hair Description
--
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--

Left Eye Color
Unknown
Right Eye Color
Unknown
Eye Description
--

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories

Accessories
Large brown "Italian Craftskin" leather belt

Near the Body
Black baseball styled hat with "Primitive" on one side and "Mountain Dew" on the other side

Near the Body
Clothing: A large Haines T-Shirt with pocket

Near the Body
Clothing: Large Haines white
underwear

Near the Body
Clothing: 1 white tube sock made by "And One"

Near the Body
Footwear: Two black 8 1/2 sized tennis shoes

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

----

Sorry, I'm stuck with writing/editing on my phone, because my laptop is not working properly. I submitted John Paul Skirta as a possible match. Parameters match, he went missing from Palm Harbour in 2000, a 30 min drive away. The sketch looks older but Skirta went missing at age 43, so I believe he is younger in the photo they used.

Side-by-side:
65585_124980.jpg 10879_68519.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really good match. Call it in!

I'm not sure about the dentures, but the cops can rule it out pretty easily then.

Edit: Only thing that makes me reconsider is that there are only 4 m between MP and UP find. Not sure if that is enough time to turn to a skeleton.

That's a really good match. Call it in!

I'm not sure about the dentures, but the cops can rule it out pretty easily then.

Edit: Only thing that makes me reconsider is that there are only 4 m between MP and UP find. Not sure if that is enough time to turn to a skeleton.

Depending on temperature and humidity (Florida summer and fall),that is entirely possible.

I see a resemblance to this guy....
James Michael Whetzel – The Charley Project
View attachment 278243View attachment 278244

Also, am I seeing correctly, does the UID have an upper denture plate? You can see it in the 3rd photo, where they use the depth markers on the skull (not sure what they’re called).
View attachment 278245
I don't think it could be James Michael Whetzel. I see he went missing in 2019 but was later arrested in Beverly Hills, CA in 2021. MDPD has not updated or doesn't know.

What about Clinton Thomas Ingram?

Height is off but I see a resemblance. MOO

View attachment 405661

Thanks, @John/Jane Doe! Very odd that Ingram's truck was found buried. Unfortunately it doesn't say where.

Did anyone else notice the shoe size? 8.5 for a male is pretty small.
Also, as someone mentioned above, the dental work is usually called a bridge I believe.
I didn't notice the shoe size until you mentioned it. What I did notice was that the shoes were very clean compared to the socks, t-shirt and cap.
Back to the size, there's a site from India selling that exact model and it says the shoes run one size larger. If the same applies to the shoes sold in the US, maybe our JD was a size 9.5 or 10?
The shoes are from the brand "Athletic Works", a Walmart trademark. The socks "And 1" are also sold at Walmart.
The cap is a Paul Rodriguez Primitive Mountain Dew. It was most likely a free gift in the purchase of three Mountain Dew 12-packs.
Useless info, but I thought I'd share it... just in case.

s-l1600.jpg

I didn't notice the shoe size until you mentioned it. What I did notice was that the shoes were very clean compared to the socks, t-shirt and cap.
Back to the size, there's a site from India selling that exact model and it says the shoes run one size larger. If the same applies to the shoes sold in the US, maybe our JD was a size 9.5 or 10?
The shoes are from the brand "Athletic Works", a Walmart trademark. The socks "And 1" are also sold at Walmart.
The cap is a Paul Rodriguez Primitive Mountain Dew. It was most likely a free gift in the purchase of three Mountain Dew 12-packs.
Useless info, but I thought I'd share it... just in case.

View attachment 405797
I think it’s useful. I noticed the Dew logo and was thinking giveaway. The location plus the items mentioned gives me the indication that he was likely homeless.

Last edited:
Another intriguing thing, in addition to the clean shoes, a large leather belt was found but, our JD had no lower garments on . MOO JMO
There is a lot of wildlife in that area. All of his remains were not recovered, so I would say it is possible they were drug off by a critter.

Another intriguing thing, in addition to the clean shoes, a large leather belt was found but, our JD had no lower garments on . MOO JMO
Could it have been used to possibly kill the victim? Without knowing COD anything is possible (broken bones would be telltale).

Adding: I think the description of the belt is meant to say "CALF SKIN" not "craftskin". 37 inch belt length is typically for a mens size medium (34/36 inch waist approx). However IMO the belt looks a bit feminine, esp the buckle. Have these items been tested to prove they belong to the deceased person?

The shoes look hardly worn!

This person was found right in the midst of Covid. Is it possible to test remains for any trace of a viral infection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back