FL FL - Sara Ebersole, 26, 10pm willingly left Circle K Gas Sta with 2 unk men in black pu truck, 17980 N Hwy 441, Reddick 2 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1680271801372.png
1680271837661.png

The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to locate a 26-year-old woman from Reddick who was last seen leaving a local gas station in a pickup truck with two men on Thursday, March 2.

At around 10 p.m. on March 2, Sara Gail Ebersole was last seen in the area of the Circle K gas station located at 17980 N Highway 441 in Reddick.

According to MCSO, Sara willingly left the gas station in a black pickup truck (pictured below) with two unknown males.

Due to the length of time since Sara was last seen and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, law enforcement is seeking any information about her whereabouts. In addition, law enforcement is looking to identify the owner of the pickup truck since this individual may know where Sara went after leaving the gas station.

If you have any information that can help locate Sara, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office asks that you call 911.

1680272052281.png

Marion County Sheriff Facebook:

See reply by her sister MCT to comment by JN
Also see reply by MK to comment by ST

Authorities in Marion County are searching for a 26-year-old woman who has been missing since March 2.

According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, Sara Ebersole was last seen around 10 p.m. in the area of the Circle K, located at 17980 N Highway 441 in Reddick.

Officials say she left willingly with two males in a black pickup truck.

"Due to the length of time since she was last seen and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, law enforcement is seeking information about her whereabouts. Law enforcement is also looking to identify the owner of the vehicle, who may know where Sara went after leaving the gas station," officials said.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call 911.
Law enforcement is looking to identify the owner of the truck, who they say may know where Sara went after leaving the gas station, according to a report.

Last edited:
Sara-main-art-39dcd1.jpg

“I just know that I’m going to track down whoever hurt her,” Michelle Tullis told Dateline.

Michelle’s youngest sister, 26-year-old Sara Ebersole, disappeared from Reddick, Florida, in the early morning hours of March 3, 2023.

Michelle said that Sara is the youngest of the seven children in their family. Despite their significant age difference, Michelle said that she and Sara are extremely close. “I’m much older than her -- I’m 40,” she said. “I was in 10th grade and Sara was 1.”

According to Michelle, Sara was primarily raised by their maternal uncle and aunt in Sarasota — about two hours away from Reddick. “My mother and father weren’t involved,” she said.

Sara (left) and her sister Mary (right).
Sara (left) and her sister Mary (right).Michelle Tullis
Michelle describes her sister as a “free spirit” who “thinks everything is sunshine and rainbows.”

Sara-Gail-Ebersole.jpg

This photo of Sara Gail Ebersole was taken the night she disappeared, authorities said. She was believed to be wearing a tan shirt with sequins or a black faded sweater with hoodie that has a logo of a hockey goalie and the words "Goalie Academy

On March 2, deputies said Ebersole was given a ride by James Robinson from a convenience store to his home located at 18080 North U.S. Highway 441 in Reddick, Florida.

Deputies did not reveal the relationship between the two.

Ebersole reportedly spent some time with Robinson that night, as well as James Schaller and Teesha McDermitt, a couple who lived in the other half of the subdivided residence.

"That night, sometime after midnight, Sara either left that residence alive, or she didn’t," the Marion County Sherriff's Office (MCSO) said in a Facebook post.

The alleged Uber ride​

According to MCSO, "if the residents of that house are to be believed," Ebersole reportedly left the home with an alleged Uber driver. The vehicle was described as a newer model, blue sedan, possibly a Hyundai.

It was allegedly being driven by a Hispanic man in his mid-30’s, approximately 5’8" tall, with a thin build, and long dark hair.

"If Sara didn’t leave that residence alive, it means that something happened to her while she was there and that the story of the Uber driver was fabricated to send detectives down a rabbit hole," MCSO said in the post.

Detectives investigated the Uber ride claim and confirmed Ebersole did not order any Uber services on the night she disappeared, but they have not ruled out the possibility that she could have received an off-the-books ride form a Gainesville-based Uber driver.

Marion County Sheriff’s deputies say social media speculation hurts their efforts to solve case of missing woman​

MARION COUNTY, FL (352today.com) – The Marion County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) is asking for anyone with information about a woman’s disappearance to come forward and at the same time they’re asking for the loved ones of the missing woman to stop trying to conduct their own investigation.

Deputies say Sara Gail Ebersole has been missing for eight months. They’ve determined she was last seen in the early morning hours of March 3, 2023.

The sheriff’s office says efforts of Sara’s loved ones are hurting their investigation.

“We know that this investigation has been the subject of much speculation on social media, including by those who are trying to conduct their own investigation into Sara’s disappearance. We fully understand that those who loved Sara want to uncover the truth about what happened to her,” posted MCSO. “We share that same goal, but we also have the goal of ensuring that if somebody killed Sara or committed any other crime related to her disappearance, they can and will be held fully accountable in a court of law.”

They go on to say that “requires that evidence – including the statements of witnesses and persons of interest – be gathered meticulously and methodically, with a definite plan in mind.”

Ebersole's sibling, Michelle Tullis told FOX 35 News she wants investigators to thoroughly search the property in hopes of bringing her sister home.

"She went back and forth to my house from age 14 on, so to me she's more like my child than my sister," Tullis said.

Ebersole was reported missing on March 8, 2023. Her last known location is a wooded property on North US 441.

"When I first reached out and it went to voicemail, I wasn't concerned initially, until the next day when Sara still didn't respond, I knew at that point something was wrong because she would text. She would respond," Tullis said.

Deputies said she got into a car with a man named James Robinson at a Circle K gas station down the road from the wooded property.

Tullis took it upon herself Wednesday to find any sign of her sister.

"I was searching a little over an acre of property, combing through everything there," Tullis said.

The property was recently sold to a new owner over the summer. This owner gave Tullis the green light to search it, which is something she said the sheriff’s office has yet to do.

"I felt like if I had to reach out and identify the property owner and get permission myself, then I need to go out myself because they obviously were in no rush to do it themselves," she said.

"Without searching it, how will they know whether there is or isn't a body on it? They won't proceed forward with their investigation," Tullis said.

FOX 35 News confirmed that Marion County Search and Rescue, which is not affiliated with the sheriff’s office, will be heading to the property sometime next week with the cadaver dogs to search for Sara, nearly nine months later.

"For the last nine months, I took eight of those months to break into Sara’s different accounts from multiple Iclouds, to OnlyFans, to Snapchats, to Gmails, to get any information that I then immediately passed on to the detective," Tullis said.

Sara's sister on FB has confirmed that Marion County Search and Rescue has searched the property with a Cadaver Dog that apparently alerted to something on the property. The property has been taped off by MCSO.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 191525.jpg

On Wednesday, Marion County Search and Rescue and their cadaver dogs searched the property where Ebersole was last seen alive.

After hours of searching, those dogs may have found "something" search as rescue says.

The volunteer organization did not specify what the dogs found, and if it has anything to do with Ebersole.

Because those dogs caught a trace of something, the location has since been turned over to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office for investigation.

After seeing deputies roll out the crime scene tape, Tullis said, "I just hope that we have an update maybe tomorrow if they bring out forensics, because forensics hasn’t been out as of yet."

Deputies will be returning to the property to continue their investigation on Thursday.

A forensics team and excavator are on site on US 441 north of Highway 318, near the area where 27-year-old Sara Ebersole was last seen.

MCSO officials told TV20 they received a tip to investigate the area on December 7th.

her sister continues to rally for justice online if you search sara's full name into FB search bar am I allowed to say that if I cannot link it

Last edited:

Marion County Sheriff’s deputies say social media speculation hurts their efforts to solve case of missing woman​

MARION COUNTY, FL (352today.com) – The Marion County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) is asking for anyone with information about a woman’s disappearance to come forward and at the same time they’re asking for the loved ones of the missing woman to stop trying to conduct their own investigation.

Deputies say Sara Gail Ebersole has been missing for eight months. They’ve determined she was last seen in the early morning hours of March 3, 2023.

The sheriff’s office says efforts of Sara’s loved ones are hurting their investigation.

“We know that this investigation has been the subject of much speculation on social media, including by those who are trying to conduct their own investigation into Sara’s disappearance. We fully understand that those who loved Sara want to uncover the truth about what happened to her,” posted MCSO. “We share that same goal, but we also have the goal of ensuring that if somebody killed Sara or committed any other crime related to her disappearance, they can and will be held fully accountable in a court of law.”

They go on to say that “requires that evidence – including the statements of witnesses and persons of interest – be gathered meticulously and methodically, with a definite plan in mind.”

they clearly are directing this toward sara's sister, and sara's sister and her strong consistent effort is the only reason the police are starting to take this seriously now!!! so rude to say this about someone's grieving heartbroken family. they owe her an apology - she has desperately tried to get help about Sara for months with basically no help up until she started getting more traction on social media and the police pressure increased. that's my opinion.

this case is a rabbit hole. much to be read on Sara, her ex, their daughter, sara's job, what she was experiencing & having to file reports about before she went missing... there's so much.

I'm about to head to Ocala with a bunch of show horses. There has always been a dichotomy between extreme wealth and extreme poverty in Ocala, but with the recent addition of a world class horse show venue and 5 star hotel, prices have skyrocketed. There has been an influx of even wealthier people than before, property values have doubled, there is increasing division of large farms into smaller high end farmettes, etc.

All this to say, it wouldn't surprise me if law enforcement in Marion County is a. overwhelmed by the large number of people moving into the community, and b. more interested in working for the haves than the have nots. I think it's deplorable, but I'm sure orders are being given to please the new tax base.

I'm about to head to Ocala with a bunch of show horses. There has always been a dichotomy between extreme wealth and extreme poverty in Ocala, but with the recent addition of a world class horse show venue and 5 star hotel, prices have skyrocketed. There has been an influx of even wealthier people than before, property values have doubled, there is increasing division of large farms into smaller high end farmettes, etc.

All this to say, it wouldn't surprise me if law enforcement in Marion County is a. overwhelmed by the large number of people moving into the community, and b. more interested in working for the haves than the have nots. I think it's deplorable, but I'm sure orders are being given to please the new tax base.
This is exactly how it is here in Sarasota County also. All these ranking lists of the best place to retire, build, work, live, etc. All have Sarasota near the top of the list. I truly believe the same influence and attitude is being taken here.

LE is overwhelmed, traffic is overwhelming, developers swaying the county interests, zero housing available if you earn under $100k/year, crimes that should be nipped in the bud don't seem to be the focus. Getting the criminals doing petty crimes tamped down, would go a long way toward reducing the escalating, high profile crimes.

I can't imagine being a family member and not wanting to be involved. Picking on the sister, who deserves help, answers, resolution is not how you build faith in your community. No doubt the sister is sensible enough to not share sensitive info, but come on, she has to be the catalyst to get results.

We must know each other.

When Law Enforcement is asking for the Publics Help or Assistance, all they want is tips and leads. If you do anything proactive, like sonar searching bodies of water for a missing persons vehicle, many Florida LE agencies get upset. How dare you!!! That's our job... But they lack the training, experience, technology, and most importantly, funding, to do any of what we do. And we do it voluntarily. No cost to agencies or family.

Collectively, the 2 teams I have been working with in Florida have solved 5 Missing Person Cases just this year. We have also found over 150 vehicles with one going back to the 1950's. It can be very frustrating at times with Law Enforcement but some agencies see us as a resource and help us in our search's. In the end, it's worth it being berated occasionally by an insolent officer for finding someone that may have been missing for decades. It's not like they had been searching recently for them. FYI: 31 years missing is the oldest of the 5 solved cases. Another was missing for 23 years.

Here is an article from a local FOX affiliate. This man is the ex-husband of Sara. I'm not saying these two stories are related, just one more connection to Sara that may keep her story in the news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen
Back