FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my first post. I was working in Chipley all day today, and there has been a helicopter in the air all day. It's moving slowly and hovering at times. In a town of about 3,000 people, I can't imagine that it is doing anything other than searching for the child.

The latest statistics show that 50,000+ Americans die every year from treatable diseases simply because they do not have health insurance.

I've been sitting on my hands but feel the need to also point out that at least that many people die every year in other countries (including those that provide socialized care) because there aren't enough doctors to go around and they die waiting for care. So I guess we get to choose between dying because we can't get insurance or dying because so many people are lined up waiting for care.

OK Glass apples!! (cool name) what have you heard? News is slim pickens today...
Is the grandmother there yet??

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/baby-22199-chipley-continues.html

Still nothing new....

In light of the reports that both parents are "developmentally disabled", their not speaking to reporters should not be seen as a negative. Some of these reporters could get the parents saying things that would only confuse matters and not help.

Imagine 2 very young teens, living alone with a baby who has medical issues. They at least must be tired, confused and emotionally spent. I hope the sheriff's office continues to protect them, as they need protection from wolves in sheeps clothing; just as much as their baby needs to be protected.

The sheriff, described the parents’ emotional state as “upset.”

Haddock also said that Internet rumors that the mother had confessed to burying the baby were not true, and there was no search underway at the old landfill on South Boulevard. The site is being used for the various search teams participating in the hunt for the missing child.

Haddock said the two adults living at 793C Brown Street have been interviewed but he would go into any specifics about what investigators learned. Haddock also refused to release the names of the adults or release the name of the person of interest.

Haddock said the adults had no police records, and declined to say if they had been investigated by the Department of Children and Families.

Haddock said the department received word at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday that the baby was missing, and the adults said she went missing between 3 a.m. when they went to bed and 11 a.m. when they woke up. Search dogs from Chattahoochie State Hospital and Gulf Correctional Institution were sent out first and then a “fingertip-to-fingertip” search was initiated of the 500-600-foot wooded area near the home.
[/QUOTE]

OK Glass apples!! (cool name) what have you heard? News is slim pickens today...
Is the grandmother there yet??

No clue. I don't know the family. I am a student and a health care worker, so I have been a bit too busy. There may be more on Nancy Grace tonight. (How weird to see Chipley on NG!!!)

not much of an update, but the 2 helicopters started again, then stopped again since I was here before. I drove over there, the area is hard to belive, I have pictures, but where do I post them???

about 20 or so very healthy looking people were starting a finger tip to tip search of a small flat area.

I took over 6 big cartons of hand wash cloth things. I felt rather silly, it was such a small jester, but lots of people over there called out thank you mam.

The traffic on that street (if you want to call it a street, more like a wide poorly paved road) is full of lookie lues. I think they were getting ready to stop traffic from going up through there. its a traffic jam. Chipley has never had a traffic jam!!!

edit: very loud and long horn sound just now. time to stop? found something?

Trust me, the searchers in the field appreciate anything, even those that just stop with a few bottles of water, or some hand sanitizer. There is no such thing as a small gesture. Their thanks were genuine.
I was on my way out the door this morning for a search, thankfully the girl was found just after I left and my callout was cancelled.
Every little thing is so greatly appreciated. It shows that they are supported and helps fight the guilt that is inevitable after a day of not finding anything.

OT> is there a Caylee thread? Casey's defense filed to drop the murder charge on a technicality and since i'm new here i haven't quite figured out where things on the site are yet... so sorry for straying from topic today it just seems so many cases having developments except for Baby Shannons =/
holding onto hope for Shannon

OT> is there a Caylee thread? Casey's defense filed to drop the murder charge on a technicality and since i'm new here i haven't quite figured out where things on the site are yet... so sorry for straying from topic today it just seems so many cases having developments except for Baby Shannons =/
holding onto hope for Shannon

there's a whole forum, Meli

Caylee Anthony 2 years old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and don't feel bad about the OT's...it happens when all there is to do is keep vigil for a missing little one cuz there's no news to discuss or much to sleuth.

Can we please hold off on bashing her parents until we have a few facts?
There is some borderline bashing...it won't help. We have little to no facts, so bashing based on rumor has the same end result as assuming.

Not at ALL to defend the parents of the baby that was starved, but the WIC program, at least in my state, does not provide unlimited formula.In fact, they allow for only ONE can a day. At least, that was the case when my daughter was young.She had a healthy, normal appetite, which equated to more formula than was given. Way back then, I spent AT LEAST a $100 extra , @ 3 bucks a can, per month.It was HARD, but luckily, I managed. It's ridiculous, the price gouging of such essential items as baby's formula.That's one thing that should be absolutely affordable to all.
Again, NOT DEFENDING those terrible parents..just sayin.. FWIW

It can be very expensive to bottle feed an infant. Bless you for making sure your precious little one had enough to eat. Babies starving to death is heartbreaking.

This is for anyone reading here or if you know someone having trouble making ends meet. Please go to a local church. Even if you don't attend church there. Our church collects food, formula, diapers and other items year round. We collect so much a lot of it goes to our local United Way food pantry. Go to a pregnancy resource center. There are SO many kind people and companies that give back to the under served in the community.

Here is a link to Angel Food Ministries. They provide high quality food for 1/2 the retail cost. You can also use food stamps. You can also pay for a box to donate to family in need. https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

This concludes my Public Service Announcement.

Thanks for the info. missmybaby on the prematurity question. The answers to a lot of our questions about Baby Shannon's growth and development are in the DCF file IF a case worker was making regular visits to see Baby Shannon and her parents.

Do we if they have a car? Neighbors said they saw a gray van?

The latest statistics show that 50,000+ Americans die every year from treatable diseases simply because they do not have health insurance.

Not to be off topic or argumentative here, but this is an inaccurate statistic. They do NOT die because they do not have health insurance as many would like us to believe. HEALTHY people do not die because of lack of health insurance. These people die (just as well-insured people do) because they smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much, take drugs too much and refuse to follow the advice they are given when they DO have good medical care. They drive their cars too fast, drive while drinking, sit on their booties for hours and hours in front of a t.v. etc. I could go on and on. EVERY person in this country gets excellent medical care at emergency rooms all across this country no matter where or when they seek it 24 hours a day. I know this for a fact because we are part of a group that provides literally MILLIONS of dollars of free medical care to uninsured people every year.

ITA. I don't want to keep bringing up my son's growth deficiency, but it doesn't seem as if anyone is listening to me. I don't think that this baby was being fed properly, growth deficiency or not. I refuse to feel bad for the mother whatever her mental capacity be. Her baby is missing and she doesn't even shed a tear. It's like she lost her cell phone.

Hi January,

I am listening to you and respectfully disagreeing with the analysis that the baby was not being fed properly. From the pictures that I have seen it is my opinion that the baby is simply petite - there are no bones sticking out that I have noticed. Also, I have not seen any videos or still shots of the mother to make any assessment as to how she is reacting to the situation so once again am respectfully disagreeing that she is acting as if she lost her cell phone - have not seen any proof of this. The fact is that we do not know how the mother is truly reacting to the situation.

Eleph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member