GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have wanted to be caught, she sure set herself up to be the martyr with the email, the repeated reports, the fact that she couldn't keep her mouth shut in the vicinity of a reporter.

This is just such awesome news to hear this morning. Eastcoast and Cleo-you are two incredible sleuths and people. I can't give you enough props for what you did.

And to all the other players who were a part of bringing this situation to a happy ending, you just make me that much prouder to be a member of this amazing community of people. Bravo.

May Shannon go on to live a happy, healthy life surrounded by love.

I think SB may be a hard nut to crack, hopefully her husband or the mom will end up blabbing everything to save themselves and they will put her away for a good long time!!

She may have wanted to be caught, she sure set herself up to be the martyr with the email, the repeated reports, the fact that she couldn't keep her mouth shut in the vicinity of a reporter.

She reminds me of Melissa Huckaby in that respect...couldn't help but insert herself all over the case and that, plus Eastcoast's terrific memory, was her undoing.

I am so happy today and I wish I could hug Shannon. Horray for East Coast and Cleo for I am COMVINCED their find led to Shannon.

I am so very happy this baby was found alive!

What I don't understand is if she wanted the baby why not just ask the parents if she could have her at her house more. If Tina was in on it why not just give old SB the baby rather than cook up this hoax? Apparently nobody thought much of SB babysitting Shannon and most likely would not have thought much about it if she had her more often. It makes no sense as to why they would say she was taken. This could have been handled a lot differently I think. If SB could talk Tina into this hoax I am sure she couldhave talked her into letting her just have the baby.

I hope Shannon gets to go home with her Texas family. As far as Tina, well I will reserve my thoughts about her until the whole story comes out. If she was indeed a part of this hoax then she needs to be fixed so she cannot have other children IMO.

Yell at me if you want, but I really hope this child stays with protective services. After reading the report with all the drug use, ect. and now this cockameemee scam. Shannon deserves better. She deserves to be somewhere that no one can take her (or give her away for all we know).

Yell at me if you want, but I really hope this child stays with protective services. After reading the report with all the drug use, ect. and now this cockameemee scam. Shannon deserves better. She deserves to be somewhere that no one can take her (or give her away for all we know).

She deserves all of that. None of which she will get if she stays in state care. that is merely an existence and she deserves more.

It looks like she has a *very* responsible and caring maternal grandmother, as well as maternal aunts. No reason at all for little Shannon to end up in the notorious Florida foster care system.

Yah, if mom wasn't in custody too, I'd be able to believe that one.
Family, yes, they are happy. Her mother, well, I'll withhold judgement until she's charged.

I noticed in the video of the press conference, after the sheriff named the 3 people in custody, and was asked if all of them had been involved in the disappearance, he said they were still to figure that out, and that "at least 2" of the people in custody had been involved. I think they're still trying to get a handle on what Tina knew and when, and trying to get from her what SB may have told her and when. The fact that James is also in custody is interesting, though not surprising. This case is just so different from the long-ago case involving James' biological children. It's crazy enough that ONE of these two would want to another round of criminal activity involving a child, and in such a different situation -- but BOTH of them? I guess we'll eventually find out whether James or Tina is the other one of the 3 that the sheriff is confident was responsible for this.

I am so very happy this baby was found alive!

What I don't understand is if she wanted the baby why not just ask the parents if she could have her at her house more. If Tina was in on it why not just give old SB the baby rather than cook up this hoax? Apparently nobody thought much of SB babysitting Shannon and most likely would not have thought much about it if she had her more often. It makes no sense as to why they would say she was taken. This could have been handled a lot differently I think. If SB could talk Tina into this hoax I am sure she couldhave talked her into letting her just have the baby.

I hope Shannon gets to go home with her Texas family. As far as Tina, well I will reserve my thoughts about her until the whole story comes out. If she was indeed a part of this hoax then she needs to be fixed so she cannot have other children IMO.

maybe they were going to sell her....

Makes me wonder now what their motivation was. If SB took Shannon to try and keep her, that's just the nutso side of it. If she took her to sell her, does that still hold out some hope for Paul? There is no body, he is technically still missing.
I want to know motive so bad, I want to know if there's the hope for another case to be closed.

ETA: For that matter, we don't even know that she was taken, which is part of what's driving me so crazy. Tina could have simply given her to SB for whatever reason.

Sleuthers, you'll never see a more moving, lovely, wonderful picture than this one of Shannon at the news conference..

http://img59.yfrog.com/img59/7329/rr2.jpg

If you ever wonder why you're here, this is it. Sleep well, little Shannon, and know the world loves you.

Ohhhhhh doggies - you are so right! Thank you for this picture!

I am so happy about baby Shannon. May her Grandma take her back to Texas and keep her safe forever with Chanii and Family from Texas and all the other extended family.

Salem

Sadly, from reports of the condition that Paul's sister was in when she was rescued from that monster, I don't know if there's really much hope for Paul :(

Let's just pray that a thorough background check is done with whomever ultimately cares for Shannon. Baby girl know that all your aunties and uncles at WS will be watching over you with prayers. Welcome home.

It looks like she has a *very* responsible and caring maternal grandmother, as well as maternal aunts. No reason at all for little Shannon to end up in the notorious Florida foster care system.

Did you see the way Shannon reached for the one aunt? How sweet was that??

Followup. Just wondeing reread newsheralds stories this morning and they stated that Baker was babysitting other kids Tuesday night after mutiple calls from her, wonder where baby was then? Just curious and bet those parents are freaking out.

Then WS gets involved and digs up the old baby Paul connection and forwards info to LE. They suddenly see her as a person of interest and the focus of the investigation swings to her. Uh oh. Now what? So Susan begins scrambling to figure a way out and starts finger pointing at mom.

FWIW, SB and Tab were pointing the finger at mom way before WS'ers made the connection. And they were pretty vicious in their statements to the media and on the internet boards. IMO, SB is probably telling LE that Tina was involved, sold the baby to her, or something to save her *advertiser censored*. I think LE took Tina in to err on the side of caution until they know the entire story.

There was just a case recently of a stolen baby that wasn't returned to mom. And to add insult to injury her other kids were taken away as well. This was all done based on a tip that mom sold the baby. I bet that tip was really the kidnapper telling tales to LE to save her *advertiser censored*. It took about a week, but an investigation revealed that the mom did not sell the baby and she got all her kids back.

I could be wrong, but I think this might be happening in this case as well.

Oh Praise the Lord -- when I watched the presser this morn, the tears are still streaming down my face. The officer that found her just couldn't let her go -- what a proud "papa". When little shannon cooed, you see a room of grown men quickly turn their heads to make sure their little girl is allright. You can bet Shannon will never be failed and will only be in the best of care here on out.

I was up this morn when the news broke, but seeing Shannon alive is so much more than reading it in a chat room. Gotta tell ya!

What a glorious day!

Mel

http://www.newsherald.com/news/shannon-78823-alive-video.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads