FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a mention in the press that Somer liked treehouses. My sister & I as kids were always building forts. There was houses being built in the neighborhood & this carpenter would always gives us 2 x 4's, plywood...whatever we wanted. We thought he was our best friend until one day I showed up to a house he was building & my little sister was on his knee & he was rubbing her leg. Somer's friends maybe a good source of finding out if she had an adult friend.

Is the profile info still supposed to be released today?

I'm sorry, I'm trying to catch up, but I have a victim impact statement to write for the parole board. I am trying very hard to keep someone in prison.

If I was a child predator I would hang around convenience stores or sell ice-cream...also I would definitely have a dog I could walk-that is a great way to hang out on the streets and parks and also attract children who love dogs etc. Wonder if there are any peope who regularly walk their dogs in that area after school?
no convenience stores on this route home....not sure about ice cream trucks.....

There was a mention in the press that Somer liked treehouses. My sister & I as kids were always building forts. There was houses being built in the neighborhood & this carpenter would always gives us 2 x 4's, plywood...whatever we wanted. We thought he was our best friend until one day I showed up to a house he was building & my little sister was on his knee & he was rubbing her leg. Somer's friends maybe a good source of finding out if she had an adult friend.

This made my stomach turn.
Oh my-- can't imagine how that made you feel.

I hope this case does not end up like sweet Neveah. I thought while following this case early on that Law Enforcement had a pretty good idea who the perpetrator was?

I'm all over the place with this one today. Everything I start to sleuth ends up nowhere for me.

What do we know about the father? Not necessarily unusual or anything, just stuff we know for sure.

• Military (?)
  • Out of state
  • He and DTMOM in the middle of divorce
  • Asked by police NOT to come down to Fl during investigation
  • Left out of Obit
  • Attends funeral services
  • Publicly forgives perp on the night of the funeral

Any enemies? Did he upset anyone in the family or out, during the divorce so far? Why do you think the police would ask him to not come down there during the investigation early on? I can think of several reasons, but I know that as a father I would want... need to be there during this, even when she was just missing. Was he angry at anyone down there other then his wife maybe? Do you think he has an idea of who could be behind this?

We can all speculate many different scenarios...this was in broad daylight, in a populous area. No one saw or heard anything. Did she know the perp? LE gave us a profile. Someone in the nieghborhood...or maybe someone who used to live in the neighborhood, drove a vehicle and may have sustained injuries as a result. Are there cameras on the street corners? Do we believe the story that the siblings said about Somer running away from them? Who can verify that the children did indeed walk together on the way home? JMO

I hope this case does not end up like sweet Neveah. I thought while following this case early on that Law Enforcement had a pretty good idea who the perpetrator was?

Me too :(
If I were a betting man, I'd have bet on it! How wrong I seem to have been :(

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Feds to start a DNA database on everyone, including newborns, with fingerprinting. If you want a drivers license renewed you'll give your print and DNA, if you want a Soc. Card, you'll give your DNA and prints. I'd vote for it.

By all indications from what I am reading/hearing I do not get a sense at all that LE is going with the theory of any family members, and for that I find relief. I know for a few days here after the hit and run poster we were looking that way as well, and I never could see it was Mom. Suspense with SP and older teenager, but that's about it. I think looking at all angles is great, but after so many of these child killers, I wonder why we get thrown off track?

It is probably freaking this community out knowing this perp is more than likely right there, and watching. I would be on high red alert, especially with my children.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Feds to start a DNA database on everyone, including newborns, with fingerprinting. If you want a drivers license renewed you'll give your print and DNA, if you want a Soc. Card, you'll give your DNA and prints. I'd vote for it.

I wouldn't. I need my option to disappear, I can change my name and my appearance. I can't do that if I am identified by DNA.
And I don't mean that in any way of running from criminal activity, I refer to running away people that would hut me given the chance. Rather, hurt me again, since MI doesn't believe in putting our monsters to death.

The neighbor R. O'Cain owns a house in Jacksonville - (7939 westport bay drive). I found through public records search, he filed a lawsuit to evict the tenants there in 2008. In Sept. 2008 the bank brought a foreclosure action against the house.

On Horton Dr., he lives with his parents - W & E O'Cain.

Doubt its relevant, but thought I'd make a note of it.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/searchNeighborhood.do

I don't know if this link will get you to list I'm looking at but the first part, up to us will get you started.

I'm making a list of SOs we have been talking about. Every time I see the initials, I have to stop and try to remember the name and context in which he's been talked about.

The list is in progress. Reading their flyers is chilling me to the bone.

This takes you outside WS.

List of SOs by me

By all indications from what I am reading/hearing I do not get a sense at all that LE is going with the theory of any family members, and for that I find relief. I know for a few days here after the hit and run poster we were looking that way as well, and I never could see it was Mom. Suspense with SP and older teenager, but that's about it. I think looking at all angles is great, but after so many of these child killers, I wonder why we get thrown off track?

It is probably freaking this community out knowing this perp is more than likely right there, and watching. I would be on high red alert, especially with my children.

I agree, but the sad fact is that sometimes it is the family. And often times when it is the family, they put up a pretty good front. Since the police have yet to publicly rule them out, and since we don't have anything to go on, and since so much of the early info was clouded, wrong or just didn't make any sense, I can understand why they are still a sleuthing focus for many.

For me, there's really no track here to be thrown off of... yet. Nothing is panning out for me. Nothing makes any sense yet. Where is the media attention on this "Kyle" guy for instance? Someone called and said they were at that abandoned house and saw Somer that afternoon, quite possibly the last person to admit seeing Somer, and that's the last we hear about it? That's crazy to me. 4 men arrested at Somer's home the day she is found? Held without bail? That's crazy to me. No matter if their crime was elsewhere, they were confirmed arrested at Somer's address. Just crazy. Someone accidentally gives a RSO's name and address during the initial report? So many strange, uncanny happenings and coincidences here.

I'm not locked in to any person yet, but without more info there is still a huge range to sleuth. Hopefully we can eliminate any family members soon, at least the range would tighten a bit.

The RSO mentioned on the police report is Clayton William Graham (CWG).

ETA: I get so confused about the RSOs that I've decide to go ahead and add them to the Who's Who in a list format. (may need to scroll down)

I still have him on my list of possible perps along with SP and AC. The motor home currently being discussed also makes me wonder about others.
But CWG, SP, and AC are my list.

"Sheriff: Somer's Killer Watching Us"

Excerpt:
"Does that mean that one of them is not a suspect? No, it does not mean that," Beseler said. "It means that there was nothing that we saw immediately on the outset that made one of them an obvious suspect."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21448102/detail.html

Don't know if this is new or not.
Great article, thank you for posting.

A few quick, important (imo) excerpts, with my comments in purple:

Sheriff Rick Beseler says...

* he "believes the person or persons responsible for killing 7 year old Somer Thompson is watching the investigation closely".

* he called it a "heinous crime".

* he called it a "child abduction murder case".

Those 3 statements above put to rest any notion it could be a hit-and-run, or anything other than what he clearly states.

The Sheriff also states...

* "The fact that we found Somer's body so quickly, I'm sure it's unnerved the person responsible".

I am personally reassured and comforted by the Sheriff referring to "Somer's" body, instead of "the" body, as I have seen in too many investigations. He is treating Somer with the respect she deserves. So often, investigators talk about the deceased as objects, calling bodies "it", etc.

Regarding the location of the killer, he says...

* "He may not be right here in Orange Park, but they're still out there".

Is the profile info still supposed to be released today?

I'm sorry, I'm trying to catch up, but I have a victim impact statement to write for the parole board. I am trying very hard to keep someone in prison.

Praying for you NMK....I have full belief they will keep him there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom