FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from zooming in on it, seems to be some kind of thin "something" connecting the two gates....now your gonna make me wanna go back there and see......LOL

Thanks....have a feeling we will know in short order whether there is a lock or not ....it's like we have our own Investigative Reporter. lol

MH is kind of treehouse-like......could see curiosity being a calling-card.

And with Halloween approaching, this will be an especially difficult time. I hope all parents in the area (and everywhere else) keep a close watch on their little ones.
I agree.If I was this community and surrounding areas I would not be having halloween this year.It really is better to be safe than sorry.

Some of my thoughts in trying to make sense of the talk about a serial child murderer. Let's assume a few of the following are true:

..The detective who suggested the garbage trucks and dumps be searched probably worked on other missing child cases in and around Florida.

..Something about the 'mo' of this crime reminded him of another/other cases he had been involved with. Maybe it was the setting, time of day, the swiftness in which the crime was carried out, and/or the similar looks of little Somer that prompted him to suggest a search of the garbage trucks - perhaps a search that he wished had been carried out on other cases.

..Similarities between child murders occurring in different areas would certainly bring to mind a serial murderer or a copy cat.

..An hour away little Haleigh was taken from her home and has never been found. I'm sure there are several cases that come to mind when discussing a serial murderer in Florida.

If the above should be true I have to wonder where this perp's home base is! How does he pick out the next area for an abduction; is there a geographical pattern? How does he get to know the routine of the children he takes? Just some questions, along with my opinions and thoughts.

Let's hope for some information that brings justice to beautiful Somer! See you all later!

Do we know who these other cases are?

From the MH pic, is this a giant, industrial sized trash can?

trash0.jpg

It's easier to make out if I turn it into a negative....

trashcan.jpg

trashoutlined.jpg

I am re-posting this because it got it got no interest before, but I can't get it out of my mind! Doesn't this sound like the would be kidnappers that woman thwarted just a block away from little Somer's house. What do you think? This is bugging me.

This is what is happening today in my neck of the woods:

PBC: Authorities alert parents of men trying to lure students into car

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...0,854211.story

I often wonder if police talk to each other about stuff like this. In other words are our cops telling the cops up in the Thompsons area about this incident.
This is too close to home. I'm scared.

Fay you need to copy the actual link from the page, not the post. That link does not work.

no, not a trash bin there....it is a piece of plywood that is not attached on top of the fence further back....kwim

I find the broken picket fence very interesting....could have snapped as someone was pulled over it and snagged it .............good catch by the way....... jmooc

I too posted the neighbor yesterday, below is the video (at the very start). His name is Robert O. He helped with other neighbors set up a table and area across the street from the home for a memorial and to help with donations. Although this person does look like an SO from Georgia (with a different name) remember we all look like someone.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1303270323

Who lives here?
I do not know who lives there, except for two teenage guys, and a man, this is what I saw....now...there are interviews out there, not sure the channel, but they are with a man and two teens, whom I think are these people......these guys were over at the command ctr, but not there to help that I know of....I do not know anything more about them...let me find the channel and we can search for the interviews.....brb

I do not know who lives there, except for two teenage guys, and a man, this is what I saw....now...there are interviews out there, not sure the channel, but they are with a man and two teens, whom I think are these people......these guys were over at the command ctr, but not there to help that I know of....I do not know anything more about them...let me find the channel and we can search for the interviews.....brb
I'm interested in the two teenage boys.

I agree.If I was this community and surrounding areas I would not be having halloween this year.It really is better to be safe than sorry.

I think that's sad. Very, very sad.....Perhaps Mom's in the neighborhood could get together and plan a neighborhood Halloween party instead of trick-or-treating door to door.

Even still, argh.....this is just too sad. Kids should be able to be kids and do what kids do....the world we live in now SUCKS!

And the scary thing is, what I've been trying to say, is that one never knows who is safe and who is not. Truth is stranger than fiction. One's female Sunday school teacher should be SUPER SAFE....but, if she lives in Sandra C.'s neighborhood, she may not be.......

Please Mom's throw a big Halloween party for the kids at least! Don't burden kids with all this ugly evil grown-up stuff........

Who were the crew members renovating the house.I keep coming back to these crew members.Someone who didn't have transportation?Maybe more than one person attacked her.

no, not a trash bin there....it is a piece of plywood that is not attached on top of the fence further back....kwim

Thank you :)
My eyes were playing tricks on me and the illusion looked like these giant trash bins that I use to see at a warehouse that I worked at as a kid. Thanks for clearing it up!

But wouldn't it be just fine to continue Halloween tradition if parents went out with the kids and walked them door to door? My child will not be participating this year because she has reached that "too old" mark. But every year before this one she did. And we always walked with her and watched everything going on around us. No reason to make the kids suffer. Parents just need to be there for them instead of letting them go out on their own. IMO

It's NOT FAIR to make all the other neighborhood kids suffer cause of one murderous act that may or may not came from "stranger danger"......

Neighborhood mom's, throw a big party and make Halloween the best night these kids have had in ages......

Don't scare the crap of the kids without logical reason. By Saturday, LE might share some VERY interesting and insightful things with the public.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member