FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at craigslist, and there are a few "Orange Park" RV's listed for sale. I have to look at vehicles still and other activity, and track the dates to see when some of this stuff was listed, but it's worth looking into imo.

The neighbor R. O'Cain owns a house in Jacksonville - (7939 westport bay drive). I found through public records search, he filed a lawsuit to evict the tenants there in 2008. In Sept. 2008 the bank brought a foreclosure action against the house.

On Horton Dr., he lives with his parents - W & E O'Cain.

Doubt its relevant, but thought I'd make a note of it.

Thanks. I thought I saw reference to an obit for the father - but I could not access the actual obit. Anyone else want to give it a whirl? TIA

I agree, but the sad fact is that sometimes it is the family. And often times when it is the family, they put up a pretty good front. Since the police have yet to publicly rule them out, and since we don't have anything to go on, and since so much of the early info was clouded, wrong or just didn't make any sense, I can understand why they are still a sleuthing focus for many.

For me, there's really no track here to be thrown off of... yet. Nothing is panning out for me. Nothing makes any sense yet. Where is the media attention on this "Kyle" guy for instance? Someone called and said they were at that abandoned house and saw Somer that afternoon, quite possibly the last person to admit seeing Somer, and that's the last we hear about it? That's crazy to me. 4 men arrested at Somer's home the day she is found? Held without bail? That's crazy to me. No matter if their crime was elsewhere, they were confirmed arrested at Somer's address. Just crazy. Someone accidentally gives a RSO's name and address during the initial report? So many strange, uncanny happenings and coincidences here.

I'm not locked in to any person yet, but without more info there is still a huge range to sleuth. Hopefully we can eliminate any family members soon, at least the range would tighten a bit.

Crazy isn't it... ? :banghead:

The 'Kyle' unknown last name could very well be the perp that called in.
He could be very well aware of the construction crew at burnt house-- and his way of placing the crew there with Somer instead of himself. His way of throwing LE off and to get them focused on the burnt house, as he watches them working so hard over there. Someone very close to the area...!!

I keep tossing Mom ending up at the OPAA parking lot and the video having the blackout/edit when she starts talking about that. Again- close to the arena of burnt house.

I feel strange today.

:(

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/searchNeighborhood.do

I don't know if this link will get you to list I'm looking at but the first part, up to us will get you started.

I'm making a list of SOs we have been talking about. Every time I see the initials, I have to stop and try to remember the name and context in which he's been talked about.

The list is in progress. Reading their flyers is chilling me to the bone.

This takes you outside WS.

List of SOs by me

You are missing a couple

If you compare Clay County Daily Occurance Reports since the day Somer vanished there are some that have been arrested for not reporting their change of address....more than 2 I KNOW for sure

This dude is on the occurance report from October 27:

Smith, Christopher Matthew (W M, 28) Arrest on chrg of Failure Of Sexual Offender To Report Address Change, F (F), at 901 N Orange Av, Green Cove Springs, FL, on 10/27/2009.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=31057

Going to find the other(s)

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/searchNeighborhood.do

I don't know if this link will get you to list I'm looking at but the first part, up to us will get you started.

I'm making a list of SOs we have been talking about. Every time I see the initials, I have to stop and try to remember the name and context in which he's been talked about.

The list is in progress. Reading their flyers is chilling me to the bone.

This takes you outside WS.

List of SOs by me

I'm with you Noway. That was me yesterday.

These men should not be out of jail! They get a slap on the wrist for violating a child and it sickens me to death!

I really think the most important thing to come out of the interview today is the highlighting of the car. This is the first time we've basically had confirmation that LE thinks the perp either grabbed her and put her in the car or parked when he saw her in a vulnerable place and attacked her.

The obvious question is why did he put her in a local dumpster or trash can when he could have just taken her in the car to a remote area? One logical conclusion is that he was afraid of being pulled over with a deceased child in the car. That raises the possibility of his tags being expired or him having some other reason that he would be more likely to be pulled over. He could have been afraid he was spotted also and didn't want to have her in a suspect car or been afraid of roadblocks though.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Feds to start a DNA database on everyone, including newborns, with fingerprinting. If you want a drivers license renewed you'll give your print and DNA, if you want a Soc. Card, you'll give your DNA and prints. I'd vote for it.

They already have tried to do that. Found this great article on the subject a few days ago, dated 2007. Some people are vehemently opposed to it. I don't know what the status of the situation is as of now.

U.S. Set to Begin a Vast Expansion of DNA Sampling

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/05/w...21030b8c&ex=1328331600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

You are missing a couple

If you compare Clay County Daily Occurance Reports since the day Somer vanished there are some that have been arrested for not reporting their change of address....more than 2 I KNOW for sure

This dude is on the occurance report from October 27:

Smith, Christopher Matthew (W M, 28) Arrest on chrg of Failure Of Sexual Offender To Report Address Change, F (F), at 901 N Orange Av, Green Cove Springs, FL, on 10/27/2009.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=31057

Going to find the other(s)

Another is this one on the occurance report of October 21

Robinson, Antwan Eugene (B M, 25) Arrest on chrg of Fail To Report Vacating Permanent Residence (F), at Transient, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=34597

Does anyone have any information on the 4 unsolved crimes John Walsh spoke of??

Also thinking more about the burglary suspects...Is it possible they tried to rob a member of the media?

Noway, I found 2 other "Kyle" SO's in Jacksonville, but I have them on my computer at home. I'll send you the info after I get off work.

I really think the most important thing to come out of the interview today is the highlighting of the car. This is the first time we've basically had confirmation that LE thinks the perp either grabbed her and put her in the car or parked when he saw her in a vulnerable place and attacked her.

The obvious question is why did he put her in a local dumpster or trash can when he could have just taken her in the car to a remote area? One logical conclusion is that he was afraid of being pulled over with a deceased child in the car. That raises the possibility of his tags being expired or him having some other reason that he would be more likely to be pulled over. He could have been afraid he was spotted also and didn't want to have her in a suspect car or been afraid of roadblocks though.

OK - I'm thinkin like a creepy perp who has inserted himself into a case or is watching it unfold closely.

If they are from the neighborhood and had access to a car but chose to dump her in the neighborhood anyway - then I'm feeling like they wanted her to be found to get all that much more satisfaction out of their crime. Maybe they wished they could see her be found.

Maybe she was somewhere fairly obvious that was for some reason overlooked - but the perp had thought and hoped that someone would look there while he was watching.

Instead of being found there though - she was found at the landfill?

Tarabull, thanks so much. I didn't want to wade through 9 threads to find these people. I'm editing that thread and adding more info to each name ... work in progress.

Paris_Paris, thanks to you too. I don't mind looking them up (not much anyway) so the name is great. I searched for "Kyle" and only got Kyle Rose ...

From three separate articles…..

"She never met a stranger. She was very friendly," said Robert O'Cain, a neighbor. "She was always looking for other kids to play with."

Somer "was always happy unless she couldn't find anyone to play with," neighbor Robert Ocain said. "She trusted anybody. Honestly, I think all the kids around here do."

Neighbor Robert O'Cain hasn't left the area much since Monday, when Somer didn't come home from school.
"The family lives just right here and the family needs support," he says. "A lot of people are coming through here, asking questions, so we just decided to go ahead and set up shop."
"Shop" is a command post across the street from Somer's house in the Grove Park neighborhood. Neighbors set up and are manning the command post, which is filled with pictures of Somer and flyers.
It is also there that neighbors are collecting money to keep printing the flyers.
O'Cain says people from across the county have been showing up, even if it's just to leave a memento, like Darrah DiPaul and Lorrie Brennan who were heading to Fleming Island and left flowers.
Both women are mothers themselves, and believe the flowers represent hope and support.
"I think it's good for them 'cause they feel like they're doing something," says O'Cain, adding, "it's been a big help, and it was beautiful last night at the candle light vigil

OK - I’ve seen somewhere in all my reading - back when people were thinking this guy was the RSO we’d seen in a mugshot - that this guy sat across from the home all day collecting donations.

Is he the same guy I saw in one of the vids about the funeral - the guy that was putting tags on the stuffed animals? The guy in the vid had a pony tail I think - but we only got a straight on shot of this guy in that photo of him standing front and center right next to the reporter. He could have a mullet type hairstyle that looks short form the front? I think it’s him in the vid.

Certainly seems to be inserting himself a bit by running this "command center"

I think he is 57, lives down the street on the opposite side. No children that I can tell. I think he may live with elderly mom, dad deceased. Or mom may no longer live there - just him?

I don’t know any of that for sure though.

Sorry for the long post.

Yes, that is the one we thought looked like the RSO from GA - he is the one in the news video and your sleuthing was correct, someone posted it last night, maybe that was you :)

Tarabull, thanks so much. I didn't want to wade through 9 threads to find these people. I'm editing that thread and adding more info to each name ... work in progress.

Paris_Paris, thanks to you too. I don't mind looking them up (not much anyway) so the name is great. I searched for "Kyle" and only got Kyle Rose ...

I feel like there's another....I need to do some housework tho I just learned MIL is on her way to visit, bless her heart...

Will check in again later....hope LE shares something good soon.

good sleuthing. I have to agree, I think for some reason this person that killed Somer instead of leaving the neighborhood I think he is probably interjecting himself and acting like hes helping

And I think by far Shutterfly has an awesome shortcut drawn out in one of her maps.

I still personally think she was taken out of THE GROVE - somewhere!!! So many little residences and so many mini dumpsters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75