FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Do the dates match up too? Nice work!

ETA: If the dates match I would be sure and send this info also.
I have no idea, except for they were both in Orange Park recently, and I believe Somer was born in Columbia 7 years ago..... Can anyone find out when she lived in those towns? TIA

Ya'll are doing some super sleuthing! Great job everyone! Welcome to all newcomers, happy to have all of you here.

ooooo, do you happen to know what I can do for this toothache I received overnight? pregnant so no meds :( help before I :banghead:

O/T... I suggest you call your dentist immediately if not sooner... Last thing you need is an abscessed tooth during a pregnancy..JMO

HLN will be having a criminal profiler on regarding Somer's case on the MG show...think that starts at 5pm est.

You did, you did use "ya'll" correctly, smart blonde! And you're very welcome. Maybe we'll make a Texan out of you, too!
cajungirl, have you decided on a name, yet?

Off the top of my head...it was two years ago she lived with her dad and went to school there. Before that...I do not know but will see what I can find.

O/T... I suggest you call your dentist immediately if not sooner... Last thing you need is an abscessed tooth during a pregnancy..JMO

I bit down on a piece of ice in a weird way... I'm ok though! Just lookin for a way to get that stinging feeling out!

You did, you did use "ya'll" correctly, smart blonde! And you're very welcome. Maybe we'll make a Texan out of you, too!
cajungirl, have you decided on a name, yet?

Jaxon :D

And he will be home schooled & a mama's boy... I will never let him out of my sight... ever LOL :crazy:

i am a computer yutz and don't know how to post links but i googled shannon paulk and this came up next to that sketch - the man had a mole under his eye with two hairs growing out of it. His skin was very tanned and he had creases around his eyes, mouth and across his brow. Described as 5'11' - 6' with a stocky build amd a medium beer belly. His arms are very muscular and hairy. His teeth are yellow and crooked. There is a bump on the bridge of his nose as if broken. He is described as having hazel eyes, sandy blonde hair with darker roots and gray streaks. His goatee was darker than his hair. - description given by the last person to see Sannon Paulk. (hope this isnt a repeat of anyone elses post..took me forever to type!)
Here ya go, Violet-and you did a wonderful job!

Unknown Shannon Paulk Killer
Report a Tip
Sex:
Male
Race:
White
Height:
5'11" - 6'0"
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
* Blond
* His hair was sandy blond with dark roots and grey streaks. It was short and pushed back on top, with a receding hairline.
* mustache and goatee that were darker than the rest of his hair, but he might be going clean shaven.

Other Phys. Characteristics:
* He was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt that appeared to be too large for him, faded blue jeans, and blue Nike tennis shoes.

Traits and Habits:
* Mole on the right side of his face under his eye and two mole hairs growing out of it towards his nose.
* A bump on the upper part if his nose like it had been broken at one point.
* Crease in the corner of his eyes and mouth when he smiled.
* Yellow, crooked teeth.
* Freckles on the back of his hands, and hairy muscular arms.
* Medium "beer belly."

Location information:

* The suspect is possibly a construction worker.

* Prattville , AL
* The Candlestick Trailer Park in Prattville, Alabama

Other Possible Locations:

* Prattville , AL
* The suspect might be doing bridge or road construction.

I also think CWG is good for Shannon's killer. I also believe he was at Sommer's home and LE did not realize who he was until he was long gone. They notified Texas and his flyer was then updated to show his presence in Florida on that date. Unfortunately, he is in the wind and finding him will not be easy.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77256&highlight=Shannon+Paulk
On 16 August of 2001, Shannon Paulk was seen speaking to an unknown man in his late 30's to mid 40's (with a distinctive mole under his eye). The two girls who noticed this 'interaction', approached Shannon and spoke to her; Shannon didn't introduce the stranger to her friends, causing them to feel she didn't know the man well, if at all.

She was never seen again (alive) until the tragic news was announced that her body was found by hunters in a local wooded area. She was 11 years old, with her whole life ahead... Someone killed her and that person is still out roaming, hunting, ... looking for its next victim to prey upon.

Okay, I'm out of here for a bit- I find myself compelled suddenly to read everything I can on Shannon Paulk's murder. Will look for similarities to Somer's.

Please, don't post too much while I'm gone. It's just so hard to catch back up!

ooooo, do you happen to know what I can do for this toothache I received overnight? pregnant so no meds :( help before I :banghead:

Cajun, when i was prego I was allowed to take Tylenol and Vicodin -- no advil or anti-inflamtorys. Gosh, tootheaches are the worst!!

Wasn't there a presser where someone said words to the effect of we would all be shocked or something, that they knew this person had killed before? Maybe they do have preliminary DNA results that match other cases or the perp. Just a thought that I can not place where I heard that or if it was another case. Anybody remember anything that was said like this?

Warm compress or a nice cup of tea (it's winter here so hot tea is just the thing)!

Hope to be back later tonight. Thanks to all of you for the info for the Who's Who.

Link worked for me.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

In case this link does not work:

Sex: Male

Race: White

Height: 5'11" - 6'0"

Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
  • Blond
  • His hair was sandy blond with dark roots and grey streaks. It was short and pushed back on top, with a receding hairline.
  • mustache and goatee that were darker than the rest of his hair, but he might be going clean shaven. Which in 2003 he was (pic labeled 2004). Good reason to change appearance if you'd done something you didn't want to be caught for.
Other Phys. Characteristics:

• He was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt that appeared to be too large for him, faded blue jeans, and blue Nike tennis shoes.
Traits and Habits:

• Mole on the right side of his face under his eye and two mole hairs growing out of it towards his nose.
  • A bump on the upper part if his nose like it had been broken at one point.
  • Crease in the corner of his eyes and mouth when he smiled.
  • Yellow, crooked teeth.
  • Freckles on the back of his hands, and hairy muscular arms.
  • Medium "beer belly."
Location information:

• The suspect is possibly a construction worker.

• Prattville , AL
  • The Candlestick Trailer Park in Prattville, Alabama
Other Possible Locations:

• Prattville , AL
  • The suspect might be doing bridge or road construction.

About the mole.....

This sketch was made from the descriptions given by two children. I just imagine the fact that there was a mole there, in that spot, is what stood out about this man to them. Maybe it wasn't ALL that big. The mole is important because it stood out to you and me too. We all saw that there was a mole in the exact same spot as our guy. When I put the sketch up against the others, although not exact they come so darn close it is uncanny. Amazing it would be if those kids were able to make this artist see exactly what they saw.

Perhaps when the girls saw him, his mole had changed due to injury or infection or disease.

Yes, Cajun, I agree. I know it's OT, but Violet and I almost died before she was ever born because of a tooth infection that I didn't treat.
So, call a dentist, they can at least give you Tylenol 3 for the pain, since codeine is still perfectly safe for you to take.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77256&highlight=Shannon+Paulk
On 16 August of 2001, Shannon Paulk was seen speaking to an unknown man in his late 30's to mid 40's (with a distinctive mole under his eye). The two girls who noticed this 'interaction', approached Shannon and spoke to her; Shannon didn't introduce the stranger to her friends, causing them to feel she didn't know the man well, if at all.

She was never seen again (alive) until the tragic news was announced that her body was found by hunters in a local wooded area. She was 11 years old, with her whole life ahead... Someone killed her and that person is still out roaming, hunting, ... looking for its next victim to prey upon.
( above bolded by smart blonde)

I feel he may have already found another victim to prey upon. I feel her name may be Somer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine