FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Forgot to say that IMO it's an electric meter, but that's just MO.

Is the guy we were talking about earlier today the same one that they are going to talk about on ng? The guy who was just arrested a few days ago from Jax?

Newbie alert: Are the rules different for forum discussion vs non-forum, such as what we have here?
Just wondering if the reason we don't have a forum is because it would hold us to rules we don't currently have, such as using names or suggesting theories?

Newbie alert: Are the rules different for forum discussion vs non-forum, such as what we have here?
Just wondering if the reason we don't have a forum is because it would hold us to rules we don't currently have, such as using names or suggesting theories?

Nope. As far as I know rules are the same.

I believe the reason we don't have a forum is sometimes the mods wait to see how long a case stretches out, how much interest there seems to be, etc...

If I am correct the sun goes down about 5pm ish in Fl. this time of year. My gut feeling tells me that Somer was murdered within a 3-4 hr window. I am basing this on the idea that the perp would not want to be seen disposing the remains, yes she might have been concealed in a bag, tarp etc. but I am sure he did not want to be seen by anyone.

If her body had been disposed of in a garbage bag, think about it - the people who were out searching might have seen someone carrying out their garbage after dark and thought nothing of it since the next day was garbage pickup day.

If I am correct the sun goes down about 5pm ish in Fl. this time of year. My gut feeling tells me that Somer was murdered within a 3-4 hr window. I am basing this on the idea that the perp would not want to be seen disposing the remains, yes she might have been concealed in a bag, tarp etc. but I am sure he did not want to be seen by anyone.

I live in Tampa and it doesn't get dark until after 6:30 right now.

wasn't it said that it was a commercial dumpster or did I dream this???? If so that rules out apartment residential and construction dumpsters.....It would be like a dumpster behind a shopping center or restaurant or something.....so maybe the crime was at the burned home and she was later driven and dumped somewhere close.....jmo

NG must have a new producer. Same old balloon boy stuff as they had on last night. And the sad thing is, that's just what they're looking for...TV time.

Baloon Boys dad must be payin'em! Cause I don't think anyone else cares.

NG must have a new producer. Same old balloon boy stuff as they had on last night. And the sad thing is, that's just what they're looking for...TV time.

I was just getting ready to post about this too. This is ridiculous...the boy was found...the dad's a nut...move on. They need to cover cases that haven't been solved where someone is missing or murdered!!!!

Well, I just have to get in on the "garbage" speculation.
I have one of the cans with a hinged lid that is picked up by a mechanical "arm" of the waste company.
Just to test it out, I got on my stepstool today and climbed in. I am 5'10" and weigh 165 pounds. I had no trouble (except for my arthritis in my knees) folding up in that can with room left on top for at least one, maybe two, bags of garbage.
So I think this is the type of can she was put in. Plenty of room with extra room on top for garbage, a mechanical "arm" that doesn't care how much it weighs, and people who would never see into the can because of the top.
That's my guess. JMO
Night all.

Wow, if the FB was public and that bad of pics, parents of her kids' playmates and even teen boys could have been looking. Definitely not a good impact on the kids at all.

Kind of makes you think about Dad's point of view, doesn't it? I admit-this is the first I've heard of it, and it's sorta been an eye-opener.
I was also wondering if there's been any information as to who co-ordinated the wardrobe on Somer's Day?

Kind of makes you think about Dad's point of view, doesn't it? I admit-this is the first I've heard of it, and it's sorta been an eye-opener.
I was also wondering if there's been any information as to who co-ordinated the wardrobe on Somer's Day?

That was quite a shocker.

GA District Atty talking with Mike Brooks about KK. Showing photos of KK on the screen. DA thinks KK may be connected because of his release from FL prison, KK having a van for quick accessibility to pick up victims, and the proximity between Orchard Park and where he was arrested in GA.

Mike Brooks has Somer's dad on the phone. His first thought is if KK is the killer, he wants the first 10 seconds with him. His 2nd though is if KK is the killer, he wants the DP. But if KK isn't the killer, he doesn't deserve punishment for killing her; dad just wants the right person arrested. He's talking about the pain losing Somer has put him trhough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413