FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading over all the past comments I missed. I didn't know about the rapist being arrested.

On New Year's Day, 2007, at about 8 a.m., my daughter was raped at gunpoint in Jacksonville. I didn't know any of this until April 2007 when a detective called me. They had caught him and they wanted me to find her so that she could testify. I couldn't find her - and they let him go.

My daughter and I have been estranged because of her drug use -- I am wondering if this is the same guy. I'm in shock right now.

WAT?, that's scary. Did you know who they had arrested before? I wonder if you could call the detective in your daughter's case?

I had his name written down on an envelope that I just threw away, but I think I remember the name .

Thanks for talking to me right now - I'm going to call JSO.

Oh, don't be sorry. I felt a special connection to Tori's case. It's what brought me to websleuth's. I was fascinated by the psychic element, and I felt like my Mom was trying to tell me something. It made me feel really, really special at the time.

When Tori was found, I wasn't disappointed that I didn't find her myself. And I wasn't disappointed that the psychic was wrong. I still felt like my Mom was trying to send me a message.

You can bet she was IMO!!

I just talked with JSO - the detective who is working on this case said no, that this guy was in jail at that time. She said she was the lead detective on this serial rapist.

I am just happy that her failure to go to court -- well, it's not the same guy.

Good questions.

About the perp going into the house... first we need to know IF the house is really a crime scene, or if the dumpster was the one used in the crime.

LE is not talking so we have to assume either/or is true, or not.

I would be interested in talking to the persons responsible for searching the area of the renovated house. What did they see?

Maybe the perp stayed inside the house on Gano and did his deed, then in the middle of the night disposed of the remains either in the dumpster there or in a neighbor's.

Or, we also have to think that the crime happened somewhere else and she was disposed of in the dumpster there.

Or, maybe the house on Gano has nothing to do with the crime at all.

About the scent, that is the best possibility, a car.

But, I just found the following about reasons dogs could loose scent:

http://www.mindspring.com/~sardog/airdog.html

I realize we really don't know if 1080 is a crimescene but just thinking about someone staying inside the house...it reminded me of a guy i saw on the Clay County Sherrif Daily Bullentin for October 21st...there's an RSO listed (his home address was 1.9 miles from 1080 Gano):
R, AE (B M, 25) Arrest on chrg of Fail To Report Vacating Permanent Residence (F), at Transient, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009.

How long had he been transient?? Where was he on the 19th?

Does this mean he wasn't in jail long (???) if he comes up again October 30th:
R, AE (B M, 25) Arrest on chrg of Shoplifting (M), at 901 N Orange Av, Green Cove Springs, FL, on 10/30/2009

And again Nov 10th:
R, AE (B M, 25) Arrest on chrg of Vop-providing Acl. To Person Under 21 (M), at 901 N. Orange Ave, Greencove Springs, FL, on 11/10/2009.

He's got one heck of a RECORD!!!!!

He's locked up now....

MiNd Is RaCiNg....HeAd iS sPiNnInG!
:sick:
SoMeOnE sToP tHe RiDe I WaNna GeT oFf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: SORRY if he's already been sleuthed and i missed it....and sorry to interrupt. (I just came up for air...)

Odd how the description of the victim's clothing was more less consistent throughout, but the descriptions of her book bag have changed drastically from start to finish - and several weeks after she was killed, a description was finally settled on and released to the public.

And no one can locate reasonable facsimiles thereof! I gotta tell ya - if no one here can find those items, then IMO, they don't & never did exist.

Descriptions of her clothing - right down to the color of her socks - was given.

Why was there so much variation regarding the book bag? I know media makes mistakes early on in the rush to get the story out, but they had everything else correct about her appearance. I believe they reported the descriptions of the book bag according to what they were told.

For some reason, those descriptions kept changing. Might that have been on purpose?

Ok, I've been gone for a couple of weeks and I have surrendered all hope on reading all the posts. I thought I saw something about chinese food containers- can anyone tell me what that is about?

Oh and to all the sleuths members, I appreciate all your work and time you spend on this and all the other cases you won't let die.

Snuf

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone ! :) Somer is on my mind everyday . and I wake up every morning hoping to hear that there has been an arrest. I was browsing through google archives and I ran across this:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...es_jacksonville_girl_walking_home_from_school

Probably not connected, but I found it a bit strange that it happened the same day that Somer went missing. I don't remember reading anything about this on here, but if it has already been posted and discussed please accept my apologies.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone ! :) Somer is on my mind everyday . and I wake up every morning hoping to hear that there has been an arrest. I was browsing through google archives and I ran across this:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...es_jacksonville_girl_walking_home_from_school

Probably not connected, but I found it a bit strange that it happened the same day that Somer went missing. I don't remember reading anything about this on here, but if it has already been posted and discussed please accept my apologies.

Yeah, cause that's not creepy! Sheesh. WTH is going on? These pervs are crawling out of the woodwork! Thanks for posting that Kmart, I had not heard about this either.

MommaD was it left by a female?
It looks like a quote from someone in 1974. I will try to research it to see if the origins are legit and what the circumstances were.
I agree though, it is eery.

ETA:
Here's some info about the person the quote is credited to:

Paul Kirk: From a position of distinction and renown in biochemistry, his interest in applying scientific knowledge and techniques to the field of criminal investigation brought him ultimately to international recognition and made him the dominant figure in the emerging discipline of criminalistics.

this gentleman died in 1970, which confused me b/c his quote is always cited with 1974. I found a second edition of his book Crime Investigation came out in 1974 thus the 1974 cite.

OK, here is the original source of the quote:
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]"Whereever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothing, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are, it is factual evidence, physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself; it cannot be wholly absent, only its interpretation can err. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." [/font][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Harris vs United States, 331 US 145, 1947[/font]

Wow Share you have blown me away with this... ok now I am not as upset.. maybe I need to read more crime books . I read romance to clear my head and sleep at night..

Thank you for looking this up.. I have been having awful dreams lately.. not just about Somer but either other crimes past or crimes to come.. I don't even want to sleep any more if they don't stop...

sorry O/T....

Many Blessings to everyone and Have A Happy Safe Thanksgiving ...

I would have still been here, but I just got a new computer and overnight had everything reinstalled -- not that it makes any difference whether I'm here or not, but I still care.

It makes a very much difference that you are here... I didn't post that to make anyone feel bad. But so many ppl forget what Tricia said about a sub-forum and some might not of been here even..

I know its the Holidays also, and many are busy and we just have no new info on case ....

I guess I just read every post and thread and notice that a lot of ppl have stopped coming ..

Again sorry if I offended anyone didn't mean to. I looked forward to reading posts after I have been asleep or gone for a few... I jump on praying that this time I will read

Somer's Killer has been Arrested.... I took out the large red lettering .. Didn't want anyone to think he/she was caught.. sorry

I seem say sorry an awful lot on here. sorry..

I pray this everytime I start my puter and all day long and night long..

no no fbeyes.. NONONO !!!!!

it was my wish see i changed it .. sorry .. please delete your post .. please.. ??

Dang it. they left.. I was just wishing real loud ....

Odd how the description of the victim's clothing was more less consistent throughout, but the descriptions of her book bag have changed drastically from start to finish - and several weeks after she was killed, a description was finally settled on and released to the public.

And no one can locate reasonable facsimiles thereof! I gotta tell ya - if no one here can find those items, then IMO, they don't & never did exist.

Descriptions of her clothing - right down to the color of her socks - was given.

Why was there so much variation regarding the book bag? I know media makes mistakes early on in the rush to get the story out, but they had everything else correct about her appearance. I believe they reported the descriptions of the book bag according to what they were told.

For some reason, those descriptions kept changing. Might that have been on purpose?

On the little lunch Box I think it was sanrio PIPPO PIG same maker of hello kitty . The PIPPO PIG is old school back in the day 1993 so may have got from garage sale, hand me downs, thift store etc

http://www.sanrio.co.jp/english/characters/detail/pippo/index.html

no no fbeyes.. NONONO !!!!!

it was my wish see i changed it .. sorry .. please delete your post .. please.. ??

Dang it. they left.. I was just wishing real loud ....

It's okay MommaD, that's one headline we'd all like to read!!

I know Dt explained this about the book bag on a video ,, I can't look it up now but I will when I get back from the store..

I didn't want to comment cause I was leaving but If no one finds it I will look.

Also, stated was the lunch box was inside the book bag.. it was fast but it was stated..

Funny thing is my daughter got new book bags all the time and she would never carry the older ones. and she to this day is a collector...she kept all her old book bags and just stored things in them.. she kept her boxes to barbies and new kids on block dolls etcc.. she didn't want anyone touching them.. lol
But if Somer was more tomboyish then I could see her using different ones.. my daughter wasn't prissy priss she just took care of her treasures lol ..

It's okay MommaD, that's one headline we'd all like to read!!

Thank you Infinity.. :blushing: I was changing as she was typing I guess.

yes it is a very nice headline to have read and be TRUE...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Infinity.. you are one sweet kind lady..

Many Blessings to you and everyone..

Prayers are answered just not when we would like them to be.. Patience is not my strong point... I have tried to work on that. I just forget sometimes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow