FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever hurt Somer has neighbors, if not family. He/she has co-workers, if not a significant other. He/she has friends, if not other relations in the community.

SOMEONE has seen a change on the person, as the FBI so clearly specified on the last "significant" news conference.

There is someone out there who KNOWS of the person's involvement either by suspicion, clues, or by the perpetrator's own admission.

It must be very hard for that SOMEONE to speak out, but the person who does something like was done to Somer is capable of doing it again.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sure time it will happen again.

Whoever hurt Somer has neighbors, if not family. He/she has co-workers, if not a significant other. He/she has friends, if not other relations in the community.

SOMEONE has seen a change on the person, as the FBI so clearly specified on the last "significant" news conference.

There is someone out there who KNOWS of the person's involvement either by suspicion, clues, or by the perpetrator's own admission.

It must be very hard for that SOMEONE to speak out, but the person who does something like was done to Somer is capable of doing it again.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sure time it will happen again.

I agree the person who did this needs to Fess Up before there caught. Florida is a Death Penalty state so they better give it up before hand or the public will want them to fry

Im not completely done reading everything yet but a couple of things popped into my head....

Regarding some triangle that everyone has been talking about, two thoughts came to mind...the first is that the three points where somers home was, the place she was last seen, and the school create a triangle done they? At least that is what it looks like on the ariel maps.

the second thing is DT having 2 boyfriends (?)...but I dont think that was it.

And I was wondering about this Spires connection...was this a relation to DT? If anyone knows please tell me....DT once told me somthing about an uncle that makes me wonder......

I like this triangle. It fits in with the geographic crime scene information that somebody posted on this site. Some former LE says that you can tell where a perp lives because of geographic information.

I like it because not much else is sounding like we're going anywhere.

I think logical mind posted that Somer talked about that some guy was going to build her something. I had never heard that before. Has anyone else?

I asked my hubby if he believed that a 7 year old would walk up and say something to the construction worker(s?) . He doesn't know anything about this case, but he said he could see it if the kid was real outgoing.

It sounds like Somer was. So, she would probably go up and talk to ANYONE if she would talk to a strange construction guy. I am assuming that she never talked to him before. That leaves a pretty wide open field to me.

Do we know that there are no shortcuts from Gano to her house or to another street?If there aren't, it limits where she would have gone. Not through yards. But do we know?

I like this triangle. It fits in with the geographic crime scene information that somebody posted on this site. Some former LE says that you can tell where a perp lives because of geographic information.

I like it because not much else is sounding like we're going anywhere.

I think logical mind posted that Somer talked about that some guy was going to build her something. I had never heard that before. Has anyone else?

I asked my hubby if he believed that a 7 year old would walk up and say something to the construction worker(s?) . He doesn't know anything about this case, but he said he could see it if the kid was real outgoing.

It sounds like Somer was. So, she would probably go up and talk to ANYONE if she would talk to a strange construction guy. I am assuming that she never talked to him before. That leaves a pretty wide open field to me.

Do we know that there are no shortcuts from Gano to her house or to another street?If there aren't, it limits where she would have gone. Not through yards. But do we know?

Here is what we know about that

A county official who spoke with someone familiar with the investigation was told that tracking dogs followed Somer's trail from where she separated from her brother on the way home from school. At some point between there and her home, which was about a mile away, the trail stopped. Beseler declined to confirm or deny that account

The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

Work in progress. I have 24 hours to edit. Please do not quote. If you want to snip a portion to discuss, that would be better. This post is huge.

List of FACTS in Somer's case

Credit for compiling goes to: SharetheLight, Doggies, Dee10, MammaD, and Many Others.
These are facts as reported by media and/or from the MPR

SOMER
Somer Thompson was 7 years old when she disappeared on October 19, 2009.
Somer was wearing a cranberry jumpsuit (jogging suit?) with a matching top to the bottom and a pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath.
Somer's birthday is April 5, 2002.
Somer was not in the habit of wandering off, according to her mom in addressing the media.
Somer routinely wandered around and nobody knew where she was, according to a babysitter.
Somer wore a red ribbon in her ponytail on October 19, 2009.
AB (neighbor) drove Somer to school.
Somer went to school (GPE) and left school at regular time (2:32 p.m.).
Somer was walking home with a group of kids that included sister AT and brother AT.
Something happened on the walk home and Somer ran ahead to walk alone.
Somer lived with her mom Diena Thompson, her twin brother ST, her older sister AT. (Unsure whether half-brother AC lived with them)
Somer's body was found at Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, GA. She was tentatively identified by her clothing and a birthmark.
Somer's lunchbox and book bag have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned description of lunchbox; backpack/book bag was described several ways, including but not limited to ""black book bag"; "pink black and white backpack with skulls, hearts, and crossbones";; purple HM backpack")

DIENA
Diena and Samuel Thompson are estranged and in the process of divorcing.
Diena has a live-in boyfriend (CPC, who goes by P).
Diena had lunch at her home on October 19 with SAP, a family friend.
Diena asked SAP to wait until the kids got home from school. (from narrative MPR, but what was he to do after that?)
Dena texts SAP around 4 p.m., asking how the kids were; SAP replied that Somer had not come home with the other kids.
Diena leaves work early to search for Somer.
Diena felt something was wrong this time, and this is why she responded quickly to news of Somer not making it home that day.
Diena calls her boyfriend, CPC aka P, at about 4:20 p.m., tells him Somer didn’t come home, and asks him to leave work to help search for her.
Diena stops at OPAA to pick up oldest son AC.
Diena flags down D/S A. Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle West and Gano, and reports Somer missing.

SAMUEL
Samuel lives in North Carolina and has not seen Somer in 2 years.
Samuel came to FL on the Sunday after Somer's disappearance.
Samuel says soot was found on Somer’s body in NG interview). (Later, he recants that statement through relative on WS because the source of this information, his sister LH, is thought to be unreliable.)

SEAN A. P. (SAP)
SAP is a close family friend of family.
SAP had lunch with Diena at her house on October 19.
SAP is asked to wait at house until kids come home from school. (from MPR narrative; not sure what he was to do after they came home)..
SAP had not been asked to do this before. This was his first time.
SAP asks where Somer is when AT and ST arrived around 3:10 p.m.
SAP sent AT to look for Somer. When she returned about 15 minutes later without her, SAP told her to look again real good before he called Diena.
SAP gets text from Diena around 4 p.m. asking how the kids were doing; he texts back that Somer did not come home with the other kids and AT is out looking for her.Diena says she will leave work and come look for Somer.
SAP opened bank account for donations to Somer’s family, and the account is in his name.

C. PERRY C.

CPC is Diena's live-in boyfriend.
CPC gets call about 4:20 p.m. from Diena who tells him Somer didn’t come home; Diena asks him to leave work to help search for her.
CPC leaves work and drives to the Horton Drive home; arrives at about 5 p.m.
CPC picks up ST (twin) at the house about 5 p.m. and goes to search for Somer.

GANO AVENUE HOUSE
This house caught fire months ago and is being restored.
Work crews have been at that house.
VD&B is the contractor working on the house.
Kyle, who works with the contractor, was there on October 19, and said that Somer came in the yard, told him that he/they were doing a good job on the house, and went back the way she came. (Thanks, MammaD!)
Kyle is the last person known to see Somer alive.
There are propane tanks surrounded by a fence about a block the house (toward school).
J., a minor, was riding his bike home when he saw Somer running around near the tanks and that she he thought she was excited but had a frown on her face.
OPAA is a park and sporting fields across the street from the house.
LE searched the house extensively on Thursday and Friday.
The Gano House was proclaimed a crime scene, as was the search area.

OTHER PEOPLE
A female neighbor who asked that her name not be reported, upon hearing of Somer’s disappearance, tells LE to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. After Somer is found in the landfill, she said she wishes she would have checked it herself.

A (different?) female neighbor, when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (weird comment) (wasn't this AB, and she was going to check the trash in the morning but when she went out it was already gone ... must have been unusual? ... and maybe it was gone because LE was already checking was that her implication?)

GARBAGE
Bruce Owens, an officer suggests to the sheriff that all trash trucks should be followed and searched so they can isolate the trash coming out of this area, the trash trucks are then followed. (Later reported that Joe Jett gets credit for this.)
Somer was found dead on October 21 in the Chesser Island Landfill.in Fokston, Georgia.
LE followed the trucks to this dump.

There is at least one video of an interview with Diena that is blacked out-significant portion of interview is missing at the point where DT is recalling something from the day. (Could this just be because it was raw video and they edited out camera man movement?)

CCSO
LE searched the Gano Avenue house extensively and the men's room at OPAA briefly and came out with a bag.
Sheriff reports only one person cleared in the investigation into Somer’s death and that is him.
An autopsy was performed, and LE knows the cause of death, but that have not released that information.

RSOs
There are 161 RSOs that live within 5 miles of Somer’s home.
CWG’s name and contact info appears on the initial police report detailing her disappearance, along with the names of family members, neighbors, and others.
CWG's name on the MPR was a result of mistaken identity according to LE.
The owner of VD&B has a brother who is an RSO. His name is GCV.
Since Somer disappeared many RSO’s have been arrested for failing to update their addresses.

Noway - what an amazing collection of information regarding this case!!! Thank you for all the time it must have taken to collect, sort, and put together in a coherent fashion all this information. There are 23 threads you collected this info from!!! Incredible!!! you are truly an organizational expert! :blowkiss: mho

Take-out food containers LE removed from house are a clue.

As is the rumor about construction debris & glass (but only if the rumor is true).

LE searched the Gano house for a reason, but I don't think it's the reason everyone has been led to believe. Same goes for the men's restroom across the street @ park.

I still believe crime scene staging occurred. If it did, LE definitely knows it, and likely knows who staged it (or has a suspicion).

Staging is done to attempt to lead LE away from the guilty person. I know you all know that, just thought it bore repeating.

I have come to my own conclusions as to who killed little ST, based on everyone's excellent sleuthing & discussion, and based on my own observations & perceptions.

I could be entirely wrong.

I believe LE will make an arrest soon.

I had not heard that Somer said there was a guy who was going to build her something and look forward to finding out if that is true.

I had not heard that Somer said there was a guy who was going to build her something and look forward to finding out if that is true.

I remember reading that and believe that was someone was just speculating on what they thought happened

Noway - what an amazing collection of information regarding this case!!! Thank you for all the time it must have taken to collect, sort, and put together in a coherent fashion all this information. There are 23 threads you collected this info from!!! Incredible!!! you are truly an organizational expert! :blowkiss: mho

Don't thank me, thank SharetheLight. She had the lion's share of this listed.

Well, go ahead and thank me, but thank her and the rest of the members here who first posted any of this.

BTW, it's constantly being edited, but if you bookmark post 60 (as it stands right this second) you'll have the updated version at your hands. Once my editing time is over for that post, if we have more to add, someone (doesn't have to be me) can copy/paste it and we'll start on Version II.

Don't thank me, thank SharetheLight. She had the lion's share of this listed.

Well, go ahead and thank me, but thank her and the rest of the members here who first posted any of this.

BTW, it's constantly being edited, but if you bookmark post 61 you'll have the updated version. Once my editing time is over for that post, if we have more to add, someone (doesn't have to be me) can copy/paste it and we'll start on Version II.

Noway can you add this

The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

Noway can you add this

I will do.

Maybe under Other People.

Do you have a source? I found it here but if you have a more reliable one, I'll use it.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m..._continues_at_scene_near_where_somer_thompson

I have a dumb question - as if that's anything new! lol!

How do bookmark a a particular post?

I have a dumb question - as if that's anything new! lol!

How do bookmark a a particular post?

Not dumb at all.

Right click on the post number on the right side (this post is #133) and from the list, choose Bookmark this Link.

I do that for links I find of interest and usually name them something that includes the post number and thread, who posted it and description (like 60 in 23 NoWay Facts List).

It took me awhile to come up with this method and if anyone has anything they do, I'd like to hear it.

I also have a folder for WS Interesting Posts, which is where I have them all. LOL I also copy/paste them into a Word file if I'm going to use it for the Who's Who list.

Thanks Noway! You were posting my answer as I was bookmarking - BTW - it's post #60. I think you said post #61 in your post above.

Thank you!

Take-out food containers LE removed from house are a clue.

As is the rumor about construction debris & glass (but only if the rumor is true).

LE searched the Gano house for a reason, but I don't think it's the reason everyone has been led to believe. Same goes for the men's restroom across the street @ park.

I still believe crime scene staging occurred. If it did, LE definitely knows it, and likely knows who staged it (or has a suspicion).

Staging is done to attempt to lead LE away from the guilty person. I know you all know that, just thought it bore repeating.

I have come to my own conclusions as to who killed little ST, based on everyone's excellent sleuthing & discussion, and based on my own observations & perceptions.

I could be entirely wrong.

I believe LE will make an arrest soon.

Do you want to give anymore hints to lead some of us to what you might be thinking?

I'd like to be led in some direction as I am at a loss now.

Thanks Noway! You were posting my answer as I was bookmarking - BTW - it's post #60. I think you said post #61 in your post above.

Thank you!

LOL thank you! I could have sworn it was! Maybe someone deleted a post? So much for my naming convention!

Do you want to give anymore hints to lead some of us to what you might be thinking?

I'd like to be led in some direction as I am at a loss now.

Are you sure you want to back yourself into the same corner I now find myself in?

I feel like Dorothy & Co. approaching the wicked witch's castle - looking at the sign that says "I'd turn back if I were you."

I will do.

Maybe under Other People.

Do you have a source? I found it here but if you have a more reliable one, I'll use it.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m..._continues_at_scene_near_where_somer_thompson

That one is fine and just a FYI

In the beginning one of the news videos that I saw (but dont quote me cause I cant find the video) said the " superintendent" saw somer running but they didnt say his name. At the time I thought he was her school super so I didn't think much of it. I just thought Somer got into the little fight near school and he saw her running

But now I know he is not her school superintendent so he was probably near his own house or driving home when he seen her or the news person got it all wrong.

I wonder how he would know Somer (if he was not her superintendent). If he did indeed say that. Or if he said it, did he just recognize her because of the photo he was shown? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc