FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you want to back yourself into the same corner I now find myself in?

I feel like Dorothy & Co. approaching the wicked witch's castle - looking at the sign that says "I'd turn back if I were you."

Yup. I'm willing to go to any corner instead of spinning around and around.

We were going with CWG and that sounded like a good route because of how strange it all was. Now I'm off that path.

Staging sounds like a pro, not an amateur, or someone that had killed her and was sophisticated enough to try to point everyone in another direction.

The more I read about the garbage, the more I think LE had some kind of tip.

I wonder how he would know Somer (if he was not her superintendent). If he did indeed say that. Or if he said it, did he just recognize her because of the photo he was shown? Interesting.

maybe because she was the only one running? Or the clothes? I just dont know. But someone said they saw her after the Gano house but they never said who saw her.. I wish I could find the video... If she is always out and about and he lived there al ong time he might have recognized her. I just dont know

maybe because she was the only one running? Or the clothes? I just dont know. But someone said they saw her after the Gano house but they never said who saw her.. I wish I could find the video... If she is always out and about and he lived there al ong time he might have recognized her. I just dont know[/QUOTE

There must be a ton of kids that walk by everyday. And she lived quite a ways away-one mile. That's far. I can't imagine that he knew her.

Would I remember some kid on a particular day? I wouldn't, but that's me.

ccane-was it the uncle of the girl who walked with Somer and he was talking about his niece?

maybe because she was the only one running? Or the clothes? I just dont know. But someone said they saw her after the Gano house but they never said who saw her.. I wish I could find the video... If she is always out and about and he lived there al ong time he might have recognized her. I just dont know[/QUOTE

There must be a ton of kids that walk by everyday. And she lived quite a ways away-one mile. That's far. I can't imagine that he knew her.

Would I remember some kid on a particular day? I wouldn't, but that's me.

ccane-was it the uncle of the girl who walked with Somer and he was talking about his niece?

No the news person said Superintendent I remember that for sure.. cause right after I watched it I googled the word Superintendent.. I thought they meant like a janitor or somthing... and now days everyone has a fancy titles for jobs so thats why I looked up the word

Yup. I'm willing to go to any corner instead of spinning around and around.

We were going with CWG and that sounded like a good route because of how strange it all was. Now I'm off that path.

Staging sounds like a pro, not an amateur, or someone that had killed her and was sophisticated enough to try to point everyone in another direction.

The more I read about the garbage, the more I think LE had some kind of tip.

I don't know everything there is to know about staging, since I'm not a criminal profiler, but I've studied it a bit and, from what I understand, it's often done by both pros and amateurs alike. The amateurs are the ones who get found out, due to inexperience and lack of knowledge of forensic evidence. But one thing they both have in common is their belief that they can & will outwit LE.

Everyone leaves traces of themselves (DNA, clothing fibers, etc.) behind, and also takes with them traces of where they've been.

I think CWG was a red herring. I think there have been many red herrings in this case - including RSOs. It's standard procedure in missing children cases to check out local RSOs.

I don't believe she was killed by a sex offender. I might be completely wrong and way off target, but I don't believe LE thinks she was killed by a sex offender, either.

I think they have their sights set elsewhere in the community.

I'm sorry I'm beating around the bush so much with this - I don't mean to!

I don't believe she was killed by a sexual offender either. At least not until LE comes out and says there was that type of assault.

I think this was anger/rage murder

I agree.

I also think it was not an intentional homicide.

Nevertheless, a homicide occurred, and as far as I'm concerned, deserves to be punished, regardless of remorse or regret, or lack of premeditation.

I think this was anger/rage murder

Think that could be very likely. On the HLN news last month, a criminal profiler was on and his opinion was that the person who committed this crime, was most likely inexperienced. The profiler thought that this person took too many chances, as far as placing the body in a dumpster in or around the neighborhood. He said that this person took too many risks to be seen on either video tape or by a witness.

I have been watching videos, and in this one, http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=45533482001&bclid=45314954001&bctid=45975873001, the woman interviewed (AF) says that she and her daughter were searching for Somer on Tuesday night and had been looking in dumpsters and garbage cans, not for Somer, but for evidence. She now believes that Somer would have been on her way to Rosemary Hill on Tuesday morning.

O/T from that ... I heard (was not in front of laptop) a video in which the Sheriff refers to the person who killed Somer as "this offender" and I wondered whether LE would refer to someone who had not sexually assaulted a murder victim as an offender. Until I find that video again, assume this was an audio hallucination by me.

Sheriff Profiles Somer Thompson Suspect
Start at about 1:28
This was the day after Somer's funeral, October 27

The dumpster was convenient.

The Gano house was convenient.

The restroom @ the park was convenient.

ETA: How's THAT for a triangle?!

I agree.

I also think it was not an intentional homicide.

Nevertheless, a homicide occurred, and as far as I'm concerned, deserves to be punished, regardless of remorse or regret, or lack of premeditation.

Yep for sure

Hopfully there is no clause for the commissary in that trust:waitasec:

so sorrell skye, you think that it is a person very close to Somer?

What is a possible scenario for you?

It is strange that there is not scent of her with the dog hunt. That indicates a car to me.

So how did the perp go to the renovated house without being noticed? When do you think they went there?

so sorrell skye, you think that it is a person very close to Somer?

What is a possible scenario for you?

It is strange that there is not scent of her with the dog hunt. That indicates a car to me.

So how did the perp go to the renovated house without being noticed? When do you think they went there?

A car is possible, and I haven't ruled it out.

But in terms of being on foot: when there are too many scents on a trail, even the keenest tracking dog can lose the trail. It's akin to when too many footprints have trampled the same path - not even the best tracker can distinguish the separate footprints. I believe that's what happened with the bloodhound. LE said as much.

The bloodhound was out after how many people had walked that same route (not to mention cars)?

If you're in a room with several dozen people, all wearing a different cologne or perfume, can you distinguish one from another?

That's one of the reasons I complained way back when about all the neighbors out helping with the search. They were, of course, wonderful for helping, but how much did they help? How much did they hinder?

I'm not a gambler, have no desire to go to Vegas and play the slot machines or poker. Never have, never will.

But I would bet that the dumpster the victim was placed in was in proximity to the park, the Gano house, and the actual crime scene.

I would also bet that LE knows exactly which dumpster she was placed in - based on the forensic evidence they found on her, with her, and around her.

I'm not a gambler, have no desire to go to Vegas and play the slot machines or poker. Never have, never will.

But I would bet that the dumpster the victim was placed in was in proximity to the park, the Gano house, and the actual crime scene.

I would also bet that LE knows exactly which dumpster she was placed in - based on the forensic evidence they found on her, with her, and around her.

OK, there's a triangle, although I'm missing the crime scene point of the triangle.

so give me some clues, please , on who you think it is. I certainly won't hold you to it if your'e wrong.

I'm sure LE knows where she was placed as well. We're always picking up garbage that people dump by the side of the road on the scenic drive on the way to or house. But how did they get her to the dumpster unseen?

Perhaps someone did see some strange dumpster behavior and that's where the clue came from to go to the landfill. Did the neighbor lady see some strange dumpster/garbage behavior?

I don't want to dominate this thread with my hypotheses. Sorry if I am or if it seems that way!

I'm just trying to answer some questions that were posed to me. Feel free to scroll past my posts if they're not of interest to you!

In terms of how the killer gained access to the Gano house - I don't necessarily believe he/she had to gain entrance, as I don't believe the crime was committed inside the house. I believe it may have been committed elsewhere (across the street at the park?), or if at the house, outside the house? IDK - this is just what has fallen into place for me personally.

I also wanted to correct something I said in an earlier post when I said I didn't mean to beat around the bush. That's not exactly true - I am beating around the bush because I have come to my own conclusions, based on what I believe happened that day (as I have said, I might be entirely wrong).

Everyone is free to come their own conclusions, as well.

Here's my last hint: who was in the neighborhood at that location on that day at that time?

ITA. Also the soot that was found is a big clue. I wonder if the soot could be linked to a firefighter? Just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc