FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the construction dumpsters separated from the residential and business dumpsters? I'm thinking it must be done truck to semi. Surely LE knows for sure whether Somer was placed into a construction dumpster or neighborhood/business one.

Hope this helps...

Beseler credited Sheriff's Office investigator Bruce Owens' suggestion Tuesday that authorities check trash being picked up in Orange Park with the successful effort to find the body. He said Owens came to him with the idea and he assigned personnel to monitor all trash trucks and follow-up by checking out the trash that had been taken from Orange Park to the Rosemary Hill landfill in Green Cove Springs and then transferred to Folkston. They were looking through 100 tons of garbage when they discovered the legs. Beseler said if not for Owens' suggestion, it would have been very unlikely that the body would have been recovered and fresh evidence in the case preserved.

http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2009-10-22/update-body-found-ga-landfill-somer-renee-thompson

Very interesting the last sentence..fresh evidence in the case preserved.

To me this was pretty lame,ofcourse they should have checked the landfill,dumpsters and such.I don't know why LE even mentioned something like that,it should be a given in a missing person's case.Even all of us know to look in the dumpsters and landfills.I couldn't believe they were giving cudos to what should be standard procedure and common sense.

So.. what is your vibe??

See post #294 on this thread :)

I have no proof of anything obviously. Just my vibes and the weird activities of that day. Hope I am wrong.

Well I am glad I am not the only not drinking the purple cool-aid

LOL, I guess that is a compliment?? :loser:

I admire all of you for the work you are doing. I wish I had more time. When I get to these threads they are either 20 pages longer or closed and on to a new one. :waitasec:

Here is my point. Where would it be easier to search through and find a body, at a sorting station or in a semi heap of trash????

If they didn't find it at Rosemary, it didn't make it to the landfill either. That is the sum total of my contention. If you have LE there, then they are watching this sorting process, right as it goes by on a conveyor belt.
Please tell me you know what I'm trying to say.

There is no conveyor belt. I dont think they "looked" at rosemary. Garbage trucks pull up and a big metal claw picks up the trash from the garbage truck and puts it in the transfer building (not on a conveyor belt). then the claw puts it in semis to go to chesser landfill.

These semis were what was followed.

To me this was pretty lame,ofcourse they should have checked the landfill,dumpsters and such.I don't know why LE even mentioned something like that,it should be a given in a missing person's case.Even all of us know to look in the dumpsters and landfills.I couldn't believe they were giving cudos to what should be standard procedure and common sense.

True..ITA. Sad thought, probably most of our missing children met that fate. Sickening.

How is the construction dumpsters separated from the residential and business dumpsters? I'm thinking it must be done truck to semi. Surely LE knows for sure whether Somer was placed into a construction dumpster or neighborhood/business one.

Construction dumpsters are bigger like the one in front of gano. They are emptied by different trucks and emptied when the person or contractor calls for pick up. They are charged per empty. So it is not on a schedule, it is called in and then emptied.

Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said earlier today that Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs andthe Chesser Island Road Landfill, were targeted by investigators.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill.Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case.

County Manager Fritz Behring said Rosemary Hill was searched Tuesday. Investigators are at the Folkston landfill today.

Construction dumpsters are bigger like the one in front of gano. They are emptied by different trucks and emptied when the person or contractor calls for pick up. They are charged per empty. So it is not on a schedule, it is called in and then emptied.

That is exactly the way it happens here. I've had a couple at my house.

Here the construction debris does not go to the regular landfill. It goes to special ones.

Our garbage goes to a different state as well. There is big money in garbage. Think Mafia. I'm just talking about garbage as a business-no Mafia involved with Somer . Really. I am not saying that.

So my question still is, how does the garbage get out of a dumpster like at the Mall? Does the garbage man take the bags out of the dumpster or what? Nobody can lift the dumpster to empty it, so how does it work?

The reason I ask because where I live, we have several garbage companies. I have guys. I noticed my neighbors have WM which is see they have in OP as well. The WM garbage truck here is mechanical all the way.

But posters here said that OP has guys for all residential. But do they have guys for the dumpsters?

If they have guys, you think someone might have noticed if they have to take the bags out of the dumpster. But obviously, IDK.

Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said earlier today that Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs andthe Chesser Island Road Landfill, were targeted by investigators.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill.Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case.

County Manager Fritz Behring said Rosemary Hill was searched Tuesday. Investigators are at the Folkston landfill today.

WTH? Any comments on this ccane?

LE says they know which dumpster. How could they know this once it got mixed in with a whole bunch of trash from other dumpsters? How could they know it after if had joined a pile of trash that could fill 9 semi's at Rosemary Hill? They found her on the front end, not on the back end of search. I give up trying to explain my train of thought and reasonings. Nighty-night all

Now I'm confused. If all the garbage that had been collected had been taken to Chesser, why did they go back to search the other one? Wouldn't all the trash have been at Chesser?

All the trash that could be removed with the claw. Im sure there was still some trash left behind.

LE says they know which dumpster. How could they know this once it got mixed in with a whole bunch of trash from other dumpsters? How could they know it after if had joined a pile of trash that could fill 9 semi's at Rosemary Hill? They found her on the front end, not on the back end of search. I give up trying to explain my train of thought and reasonings. Nighty-night all

Don't give up on me please. I am a remedial detective and I don't get it sometimes. I still don't get it. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it when I sleep on it.

When did LE say they knew which dumpster?

What do you mean? My comments or ?

Searched on Tuesday. How did they get to Wednesday then and finding her then? That is where I am totally totally confused. But it is late so I am giving myslef a pass on my thought processes.

WTH? Any comments on this ccane?

Im not ccane.. Employee said after her body was found they went back and checked the transfer building/station. Unless they were referring to searching for her body at the transfer station (is that better?) after semis were loaded.. and went back after her body was found in ga to collect more evidence?

Searched on Tuesday. How did they get to Wednesday then and finding her then? That is where I am totally totally confused. But it is late so I am giving myslef a pass on my thought processes.

I think they found her tuesday and then looked for reactions on wednesday

On tuesday they even said in the morning they where not going to have the organized searches.. they seemed to already know

That is exactly the way it happens here. I've had a couple at my house.

Here the construction debris does not go to the regular landfill. It goes to special ones.

Our garbage goes to a different state as well. There is big money in garbage. Think Mafia. I'm just talking about garbage as a business-no Mafia involved with Somer . Really. I am not saying that.

So my question still is, how does the garbage get out of a dumpster like at the Mall? Does the garbage man take the bags out of the dumpster or what? Nobody can lift the dumpster to empty it, so how does it work?

The reason I ask because where I live, we have several garbage companies. I have guys. I noticed my neighbors have WM which is see they have in OP as well. The WM garbage truck here is mechanical all the way.

But posters here said that OP has guys for all residential. But do they have guys for the dumpsters?

If they have guys, you think someone might have noticed if they have to take the bags out of the dumpster. But obviously, IDK.

The garbage trucks have lifts that pick up the dumpsters and dump them in the trucks.

I dont know about you guys, but my brain is spinning and Im goin to bed. Ccane makes sense. Which means nothing else does. again. good nite all. geez.. now garbage dreams again... UGH.

I think they found her tuesday and then looked for reactions on wednesday

On tuesday they even said in the morning they where not going to have the organized searches.. they seemed to already know
What?! Really?!

Good Lord, I must have missed that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads