FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am a bit behind on this thread but I don't think that SP was involved.

Thisis what I understand happened: the kids were walking home, Somer became upset and ran off. The other children continued home and told SP that Somer ran off. He sent them to look for her.

How could he be involved? The only possible way would be if Somer ran home and he did something to her before the other kids got home (which would have only been a few minutes) and then sent the other kids out awhile he disposed of the body.

Melissa

I agree completely. In addition....

a) It took the other kids 15 minutes before they reached home. Even if Somer ran ahead, she wouldn't have arrived 15 minutes ahead, she still had the same distance to travel that the other kids did. She would have arrived home 11-12 minutes later, just two to four (at most) minutes ahead of the others. Obviously not enough time for SP to do anything to her.

b) For all SP knew, the others may have been 10-30 seconds behind Somer. There is no way he could know that she was going to run ahead, much less when she began to run ahead.

c) As we know, a five-year-old was approached in the same neighborhood just days before. A woman driving and two men in the car, lying to try to get the child in the car. I would be shocked if these same people were not responsible for Somer's abduction. Trolling a residential area near an elementary school during the time kids are walking home... The coincidence and timing tells me the strongest possibility is that it was these people who took Somer. May they rot.

is entirely correct. Petitions must have the signatures verified to be registered voters at the county level. Online petitions do not change laws, nor do they stir politicians.

couple months ago I brought up the need for a March on Washington DC by parents to demand changing the laws, for mandatory sentencing laws. Many people said they were interested so I set up a forum to discuss it and nobody showed up with input.

couple months ago I brought up the need for a March on Washington DC by parents to demand changing the laws, for mandatory sentencing laws. Many people said they were interested so I set up a forum to discuss it and nobody showed up with input.

kikid, I'm sort of new to WS, and wasn't aware of your thread. It's a great idea! Maybe you could put a link in this thread and others periodically. There's alot of angry and upset members right now, and this may be the time for people to jump in. Maybe another thread, or in the same, to help coordinate letter writing campaigns to our politicians in each state to see what can be done to change the laws. I think the Amber alert system and its criteria need some tweaking also. Might be a great place for folks to put thier head together and share ideas of what each person can do in thier own community.

I'm not a parent, but I'm an aunt and one angry Jane Q. Public myself today. I'll write letters, go to Washington, protest, whatever it takes. Enough is a freakin 'nough with these poor children being snatched off the streets of our towns!!

Thank you kikid!

Prayers for Somer, her family, the WS members who went to help, and all LE and the good folks of Orange Park, FL

I think a lot of it has to do with the large population.

Florida is the fourth most populated state in the nation.

imo

It also has a very transient population. We lived there and I knew very few people that were native to the state. Nonetheless, we sure are cycling out a lot of sex offenders.

Body has now been confirmed as Somer's. 7:15am news conf.

news4jax.com

Body is now being confirmed as Somer's. Just heard on radio said news4jax reporting.

due to early discovery, enhanced likelihood for successful outcome

confident they will find person (people) responsible... will work around the clock

confident will find perps:

a. great staff

...can't talk about evidence

A 7 year old Somer angel returns to heaven.
You were a very beautiful and loved little girl.

Rest in peace.
Prayers said for your family.

child killer on the loose. fear for community. (leads to a non-SP thing)

not ruling out anyone yet

thought maybe to search landfills for backpack or clothing.. not necessarily expecting a body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
behindthecrime