Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2009/10/27/jvm.somers.dad.samuel.cnn

Vinnie Politan talks to the father of seven-year-old murder victim Somer Thompson.

I definitely get the impression that Politan (and maybe other media?) are onto the dysfunctional situation, questions asked about ST's plans to be with the twin, what interaction was there at the funeral, etc. Somebody somewhere saw something there that they didn't think made sense. Interesting how ST says he gets the impression Dets. already know who it is. I was struck also by Politan's demeanor, he looked upset and emotional during the interview? Did anybody else notice this? Why do you think this is?

If there are people who were in the area where Somer vanished who may have evidence, suspicions or information, do you think they are not coming forward because of a possible fear of retribution? Perhaps they think the perp may get wind of their identity and they fear if they tell something and LE is not able to validate it, the perp will do something?

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/10/22/body-of-girl-discovered-in-georgia-landfill/

Also, investigators say the clothes found on the body fit the description of what Thompson was wearing when she was last seen.

A source close to investigation says that this may turn into a federally-lead investigation by Thursday morning.

The fact that clothes were found on her body would lead one to think she was not sexually assaulted. If it was a sexual assault, then dressing her again would take more time? Would this indicate that, depending on how she was dressed, they had to look beneath clothing to see the identifying birth mark?

It was 5 or 6 backpacks, according to the mother in the presser with the Sheriff on the morning of 10/21, in the uncut video posted a few days ago.

Many posters have wondered about the ever-changing description of the backpack/book bag/tote bag.

I have personally never been satisfied with the final description, that doesn't seem to exist, except in an artist's rendition.

ETA: http://www.news4jax.com/video/21360276/index.html

At 21:10 in the video the number of backpacks Somer was said to have owned is stated by DT.

The "missing" bookbag that was originally in the amber alert. Then we get the description of these new bags, that no matter how we search, we cannot find anything even close to it. It was discussed that they could have been handmade.. but if so, wouldnt that be part of the description? There was also discussion about a rumor that a friend of somers said the original descriptions were found at her house.
I have always believed that the original bookbag was found at home, and the new description of "one-of-a-kind" bookbag and lunchbox is HINKY!!!!!
My question remains... "Did she make it home that day?"

Is it possible that SP was napping and somer ran ahead, through the park and got home, saw SP there sleeping, dropped her bags off and left again?

What was somers relationship with SP? Some have speculated that somer was "an indigo child". I dont think this was true, I dont think it was somer that SP was there to see. I dont think enough attention was paid to somer to know if she was "indigo" or not. I think she was overlooked, never received enough attention from anyone. She was an attention seeker, trying to make everyone happy, trying to please everyone, overly friendly and looking for love. All the children I know who do not receive adequate attention from their mothers and fathers are this way. Wanting attention so badly that some consider them annoying. Her father was absent, her mother was busy.

RUMOR: Somer told her mother on more than one occasion over a year before she died that she (somer) had a boyfriend in high school. That little 7 yr old somer was seeking attention from older boys makes sense to me. She sees how her mother gets attention... provocative clothing, several men in and out of her life (friends or whatever), kids learn quickly what works for attention.. whether we think they are noticing or not. She had a crush on someone in high school a yr before she died. Who would these candidates be? We have at least three that I know of. AB's son, his friend, and I believe MC's brother, JC, and at least one close friend of theirs SM. True all of these young men graduated in 2006, but would somer really recognize that as no longer in high school? YES.. this is rumor and speculation..but something to think about.

The "missing" bookbag that was originally in the amber alert. Then we get the description of these new bags, that no matter how we search, we cannot find anything even close to it. It was discussed that they could have been handmade.. but if so, wouldnt that be part of the description? There was also discussion about a rumor that a friend of somers said the original descriptions were found at her house.
I have always believed that the original bookbag was found at home, and the new description of "one-of-a-kind" bookbag and lunchbox is HINKY!!!!!

If she did make it home that day, who was there? Keeping in mind that the statements taken on the MPR are statements only and haven't been proven factual, unless I missed something.

If she did make it home that day, then the whole scenario about the text from DT to SP asking how the kids were doing, and everything afterward (sending AT out to look, etc.) is a lie. The only fact we have after Somer vanished is the thread we pick up when DT flags down LE.

Since skull pig was plastered all over the media, LE knew about it, let it happen - was it a smokescreen to confuse the perp? Otherwise, what purpose could it possibly serve to have such a significant news flash that would make everybody start looking for these items?

BBM

I hadn't read that! Do you think she was kept out of Somer's obituary to protect her?

Yeah now that I look at the big picture it makes more sense. I was pretty sure why DT left ST out of the obit (even tho I don't agree with that choice)
but it didn't make sense to leave out one of your own children.

So Im pretty sure that M's dad decided early on to protect her in anyway and asked DT to not mention her or something along those lines. As for the articles I read about her attending the funeral, they have since then disappeared....I am assuming it was because she was mentioned by name.

Is it possible that SP was napping and somer ran ahead, through the park and got home, saw SP there sleeping, dropped her bags off and left again?

What was somers relationship with SP? Some have speculated that somer was "an indigo child". I dont think this was true, I dont think it was somer that SP was there to see. I dont think enough attention was paid to somer to know if she was "indigo" or not. I think she was overlooked, never received enough attention from anyone. She was an attention seeker, trying to make everyone happy, trying to please everyone, overly friendly and looking for love. All the children I know who do not receive adequate attention from their mothers and fathers are this way. Wanting attention so badly that some consider them annoying. Her father was absent, her mother was busy.

RUMOR: Somer told her mother on more than one occasion over a year before she died that she (somer) had a boyfriend in high school. That little 7 yr old somer was seeking attention from older boys makes sense to me. She sees how her mother gets attention... provocative clothing, several men in and out of her life (friends or whatever), kids learn quickly what works for attention.. whether we think they are noticing or not. She had a crush on someone in high school a yr before she died. Who would these candidates be? We have at least three that I know of. AB's son, his friend, and I believe MC's brother, JC, and at least one close friend of theirs SM. True all of these young men graduated in 2006, but would somer really recognize that as no longer in high school? YES.. this is rumor and speculation..but something to think about.

Just so that no one jumps all over Sad's butt over this rumor....
This info was documented I believe....one of those things that those closer to the case would be privy to, and even though it might be in private records, is still a big piece of info that could help shed light on the real killer.

I just didn't want you to get attacked for the rumor mill Sad ;)

A few posters were very offended at Somer being classified as anything other than a happy and joyful child. She did not look happy or joyful in the "pouting photo" (brown outfit with little ST) that we saw. I have never known of happy or joyful children getting into fights or chronically running off against the mother/sister/whomever's wishes. She was "teased" a lot a according to her mother. By whom and where? If she was attention-seeking, just how much attention did she seek or demand at home? Did she "annoy" someone so much that she really became a problem? Did she cause people to lose their temper? Did she inhibit anyone's lifestyle because they couldn't get babysitters to stay? Was she ever punished for those times she ran off and they were "just getting frantic calling all the neighbors when she would show up..." What kind of punishment was it? Was she sent to her room, or yelled at, or ... beaten?

This whole "indigo" thing reveals that there may be one or more persons in her life who thought she was "different" to the extent that she needed (alternative) "therpay". Well, what we do know is that SP is a "very, very good friend" of DT's, and is a part-time Indigo healer, but does anyone have info. that can establish he was treating Somer? Or is his healing just peripheral here?

Lots of little girls have crushes on big boys. But then again lots of little girls do not run around unsupervised to - by various accounts - neighbors homes, tree houses, water, etc. The more we look at her life, the more it seems that anything is possible, that she was an open target and that her sad murder is such a huge surprise. And that the community should not necessarily be scared, because the killer was only interested in her.

If she dropped off her bag, she either had a normal spot to put it or would have just tossed it & left. I think the other kids would have known right away. IF that bag was found in the house, IMO it had to be some kind of cover-up by someone of course, if it had been emptied & stashed with the others. Usually (the one being used) would be full of papers, notes from school, supplies maybe, etc. Her bag was so unusual, maybe the teachers &/or kids remembered it wasn't the lst bag description, put out there. The whole bag thing is a bit strange!

Regarding the rumored boyfriend.:nerves:

Just so that no one jumps all over Sad's butt over this rumor....
This info was documented I believe....one of those things that those closer to the case would be privy to, and even though it might be in private records, is still a big piece of info that could help shed light on the real killer.

I just didn't want you to get attacked for the rumor mill Sad ;)

Thanks 4mer.. but I can take it.. like Ive said believe me or not.. I wouldnt say it if I didnt believe it.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...

Yeah now that I look at the big picture it makes more sense. I was pretty sure why DT left ST out of the obit (even tho I don't agree with that choice)
but it didn't make sense to leave out one of your own children.

So Im pretty sure that M's dad decided early on to protect her in anyway and asked DT to not mention her or something along those lines. As for the articles I read about her attending the funeral, they have since then disappeared....I am assuming it was because she was mentioned by name.

This is one thing that I respect DT for, respecting her dads wishes to keep her out of this...if that is why she did it.

If she dropped off her bag, she either had a normal spot to put it or would have just tossed it & left. I think the other kids would have known right away. IF that bag was found in the house, IMO it had to be some kind of cover-up by someone of course, if it had been emptied & stashed with the others. Usually (the one being used) would be full of papers, notes from school, supplies maybe, etc. Her bag was so unusual, maybe the teachers &/or kids remembered it wasn't the lst bag description, put out there. The whole bag thing is a bit strange!

Regarding the rumored boyfriend.:nerves:

These are such good points! I keep forgetting that she (Somer) had her usual routines, like where she would drop a bookbag in her excitement to go play or whatever. It just makes me more certain that somebody knew every bit of those routines and that made it easier for the crime to happen, in broad daylight, etc. Which leads one to think: If you were going to kill someone, why do it in the middle of the day when all of the kids and parents were around? This person had to have been enraged. This person, for some reason, was sick and tired of this little girl and this person had had enough. Thanks for your post.

This is one thing that I respect DT for, respecting her dads wishes to keep her out of this...if that is why she did it.

Not meaning to throw a wrench in here. I'm more inclined to think that in all of the emotional excitement and confusion, DT just "forgot" about the girl but made a point of slashing dad out of the obit. I mean, I can't get how the girl's dad would have become involved at this point. DT is so emotionally overwrought ? how can she keep all of this information straight? Plus the funeral home donated everything and the obit is part of their service, it doesn't make sense somehow...

I myself shake my head trying to get my mind around the fact that this girl is her CHILD her DAUGHTER no more or less important than Somer or AT, etc. KWIM she is not so closely "related" to Somer, but DT is her MOM. Totally bizarre reading that she would have had to attend the funeral on-line. Totally bizarre family, eergh. I feel so sorry for these kids. Adults, they have had their lives. These kids ALL have to live with every bit of this horrific situation the rest of theirs.

Thanks 4mer.. but I can take it.. like Ive said believe me or not.. I wouldnt say it if I didnt believe it.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...

LOL Christmas with my own kids....WONDERFUL!!!

Christmas with family...not so much....sitting in a room where people should be setting aside thier differences and talking to one another, but decide to ignore each other instead, omg talk about uncomfortable! [makes me think about ST at the funeral :( ]

I know you are a tough cookie and can handle everything thrown your way, you do it like a pro. (grains of salt, tomatoes....hmmm Im thinking we should start "Pasta Sunday" dinner here. :)

did anyone see my manners jump out of the window?

Sad, and everyone else....I hope all your wishes came true for Christmas as well!

Not meaning to throw a wrench in here. I'm more inclined to think that in all of the emotional excitement and confusion, DT just "forgot" about the girl but made a point of slashing dad out of the obit. I mean, I can't get how the girl's dad would have become involved at this point. DT is so emotionally overwrought ? how can she keep all of this information straight? Plus the funeral home donated everything and the obit is part of their service, it doesn't make sense somehow...

I myself shake my head trying to get my mind around the fact that this girl is her CHILD her DAUGHTER no more or less important than Somer or AT, etc. KWIM she is not so closely "related" to Somer, but DT is her MOM. Totally bizarre reading that she would have had to attend the funeral on-line. Totally bizarre family, eergh. I feel so sorry for these kids. Adults, they have had their lives. These kids ALL have to live with every bit of this horrific situation the rest of theirs.

lol my wording was kind of mixed up in my statement....the funeral wasn't shown online....I read online that she attended the funeral. Sorry

lol my wording was kind of mixed up in my statement....the funeral wasn't shown online....I read online that she attended the funeral. Sorry

No...you prob said it right and I am just losing my own marbles. Too much involvement here. Need to take a break. Just frustrated. Thanks for the info and everyone's ideas, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious