FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that clothes were found on her body would lead one to think she was not sexually assaulted. If it was a sexual assault, then dressing her again would take more time? Would this indicate that, depending on how she was dressed, they had to look beneath clothing to see the identifying birth mark?
I would think so too that she wasn't sexually assaulted.I don't thnk we know if all her clothing was found on her or what was missing ect...The little girl Nevaeh I think was found with her clothes on and I don't think there was any sexual assault.The little girl Sandra Cantu I think was dressed and I believe there was sexual assault to her.So I guess you really don't know in each case.I wish we would hear if Somer was sexually assaulted or not.I really don't know where to go with this.we really don't know much.She could have been attacked also and killed before any sexual assault could have happened.

Just so that no one jumps all over Sad's butt over this rumor....
This info was documented I believe....one of those things that those closer to the case would be privy to, and even though it might be in private records, is still a big piece of info that could help shed light on the real killer.

I just didn't want you to get attacked for the rumor mill Sad ;)

I for one had no problem with Sads post. The fact she put RUMOR before the last paragraph was great. It fits with the rules and that's what I care about.

I would think so too that she wasn't sexually assaulted.I don't thnk we know if all her clothing was found on her or what was missing ect...The little girl Nevaeh I think was found with her clothes on and I don't think there was any sexual assault.The little girl Sandra Cantu I think was dressed and I believe there was sexual assault to her.So I guess you really don't know in each case.I wish we would hear if Somer was sexually assaulted or not.I really don't know where to go with this.we really don't know much.She could have been attacked also and killed before any sexual assault could have happened.

Sadly, Ms Suzanne, we do not know what she went through before she was killed. We dont know if she was sexually assaulted or not. Being clothed does not indicate to me that she was not sexually assaulted. The perp could have easily redressed her before putting her in a dumpster, a naked child in a car would have brought attention. A clothed child propped up in a car with the seat belt....not so much.

Sadly, Ms Suzanne, we do not know what she went through before she was killed. We dont know if she was sexually assaulted or not. Being clothed does not indicate to me that she was not sexually assaulted. The perp could have easily redressed her before putting her in a dumpster, a naked child in a car would have brought attention. A clothed child propped up in a car with the seat belt....not so much.
Thank you.That is what I was just trying to say.

You are a detective assigned to this case. You know the COD, and you have learned that Somer was NOT sexually assaulted. What kinds of people are you going to be looking for, or at?

What do you think may have been the motive for this murder?

Who do you think may have been able to carry this off in broad daylight without any disturbance or anyone noticing?

How do you think the perpetrator was able to dispose of the body in broad daylight without any disturbance or anyone noticing?

What techniques are you going to use to follow up on persons that you may be suspecting?

If you do suspect some persons, why have you not arrested them yet?

I also wonder if any undercover techniques have or are being used, such as infiltrating somehow into the work environments or frequent hangouts of any persons who may be suspected.

Morning CP,

Catching up again and then I want to go back and comment on the prior pages. My take to some of your questions... based on no sexual assault:

What do you think may have been the motive for this murder?

Anger, Rage, Cover-up - Children were highly unsupervised - it seems they were one anothers care-givers, with how the "fight" ensued on the way home with the oldest sister taking on the mother role - I still think it is possible they could have communicated with older brother and possible he could have interviend - I could come up with 100 different scenarios here..

Who do you think may have been able to carry this off in broad daylight without any disturbance or anyone noticing?

A sibling or juvenile - without being noticed - the park seems like a place where it possible to go unnoticed because there is nothing strange about kids being in a park. I don't think this was an accident though - I would have to wonder if the kids or any kid would allow such an elaborate specticale when and if Somer was actually hurt - they could have called 911 and made up some other lie. The more I think about it - if it was a juvenile - A strangulation out of anger makes more sense.

If I go back to a RSO theory - I still think a short cut was taken through the apartment complexes - although this is still a possible theory.

How do you think the perpetrator was able to dispose of the body in broad daylight without any disturbance or anyone noticing?

They were large enough to hoist her into a dumpster quickly. They crime happend fair close to a dumpster. They had assistance from an adult as a coverup??

What techniques are you going to use to follow up on persons that you may be suspecting?

Not let them know you are on to them - keep them under observation. Build a case slowly an surely to gurantee a conviction before an arrest is made and loopholes are found.

If you do suspect some persons, why have you not arrested them yet?

If it is a juvenile - they best BE SURE - before they make a public arrest of what was once such a high profile case. Not to mention with any suspect - the police would want a smoking gun before they do this otherwise the public outcry might not go over so well esp if it is learned to be someone inside or close to the family. It is to LE advantage to keep people under observation.

I also wonder if any undercover techniques have or are being used, such as infiltrating somehow into the work environments or frequent hangouts of any persons who may be suspected

I think pretty basic - people talk!! There was another case here on WS - highly emotional - anyway, there were people joining WS as members and contacting members with information about this case - sure this happens alot - but even here at WS you can find character witnesses or people who have information - I know since TOS this is considered not a fact etc.. But it can put you on the right track. Ironically, with this other case most info obtained was dead on.

What is interesting though is people talk to people more than they want to get involved with LE!!! People don't want the hassle sometimes - so I have learned!!

All just my opinion and I am still waking up for the day - still not recovered from xmas :)

:sick:

You are so right.

Wouldn't sexual assault and redressing just take too much time for this window we have here? Crime of sex or crime of anger?

NCS thank you for your answers. I wonder if you are looking at a possible juvenile and list the motivation as anger or rage, based on the unsupervised backround scenario - what do you think would have angered or enraged this individual enough to actually murder this child?

And, do you think the perpetrator had been angry for a long time, or was it a crime of sudden passion? Had he thought about doing it without actually planning it? Did he know her routines and why was he in her vicinity or around her to do it on that day?

This is one thing that I respect DT for, respecting her dads wishes to keep her out of this...if that is why she did it.

You are so kind sad always being sweet and trying to find the "good" in someone -- I really think like everything else IMO, it is about "her" - Showing the public she has a child with yet another man - how many are we up to - 4? And one she doesn't have custody of - it doesn't portray her in best light to some - JMO - so I think it was about her and a reflection of her. If i am wrong and she did this to keep her out of spotlight for this child - I recant my statement - but I dont think that was the reason -

Wouldn't sexual assault and redressing just take too much time for this window we have here? Crime of sex or crime of anger?

I think we need to open up our timeline - I think we are still thinking WAY TO in the box -

Personally, I have always gone by a timeline that has been provided - with NO FACTS released -it isn't that short of time to be honest, it just seems that way - we can't go by assumption on how how the crime played out and cut our theory short with lack of time - for all we know Somer was having Tea with this person and the crime was carried out later -- I don't think that is the case though

- We don't know if mom has alibi at work for specific times
- same with PC
- I automatically make that assumption because they have not been arressted --it makes your mind think
oh they are innocent and have have nothing to do with this since they were at work and I am certain LE would be on this if it weren't true, LOGICALLY speaking-
-no clue on older brother attendence at school

again nobody cleared except Sheriff himself. I think if there is a discrepancy that LE Is aware of the LAST thing they would do is tell the public esp if relating to the family. Not the mention who would have put the RSO on the original MPR????Was that a red herring given by family? It sure as heck had me all over it and convinced for awhile.

We dont know how long the perp had her before she was taken to the dumpster. I think he/she would have waited until dark at the earliest, possibly in the middle of the night, again we just dont know.

NCS thank you for your answers. I wonder if you are looking at a possible juvenile and list the motivation as anger or rage, based on the unsupervised backround scenario - what do you think would have angered or enraged this individual enough to actually murder this child?

And, do you think the perpetrator had been angry for a long time, or was it a crime of sudden passion? Had he thought about doing it without actually planning it? Did he know her routines and why was he in her vicinity or around her to do it on that day?

I bounce around with so many theories -- let's go the incest route first-

I would think FEAR - something was going on at home that adults getting wind of. From my earlier post - there was signs and symptoms - the dynamic is in place -- doesn't make it fact just speculation -- I doubt it was out of malice - my guess in this situation there would be some sort of unhealthy "love" feelings.

Now lets explore the outside boyfriend - I think if the adults were onto it -- it sounds like a knee jerk reaction type of thing -- or if Somer at actually been meeting an older "bf" of some sort it wouldn't be hard to meet with her, would it? Or how to find her.

OR

I am going to change things up here -- we still do not have confirmation on alibis on dt bf pc -- the only thing we have is no arrest made which doesn't mean squat to me yet if LE builing a solid case. Based on info we have been told about him -- he seems to be a controlling person of DT, this sends alarms off in my head, his GF daughter has been murdered and acting for himself and not for DT and the children - if all is true -- I will write more on this after I think a few things out I don't like to write just to write hogwash -

- waiting for my ADD meds to kick in - you can see a difference in my writing usually afterward.

You are so kind sad always being sweet and trying to find the "good" in someone -- I really think like everything else IMO, it is about "her" - Showing the public she has a child with yet another man - how many are we up to - 4? And one she doesn't have custody of - it doesn't portray her in best light to some - JMO - so I think it was about her and a reflection of her. If i am wrong and she did this to keep her out of spotlight for this child - I recant my statement - but I dont think that was the reason -

BBM... LOL, I think there are several people who dont see me that way!

5 kids, 3 dads. And yes, her motive could have been exactly as you say. I wonder if the kids called PC dad. There is an interview with sam that he says "daddy sam" when talking to somer. I forgot to ask him if the kids called anyone else dad, or if AC was told to call him dad as a child, or if M was too. So, I wonder how many "dads" has AC had? Possibly four that we know of?

Is it possible that SP was napping and somer ran ahead, through the park and got home, saw SP there sleeping, dropped her bags off and left again?

What was somers relationship with SP? Some have speculated that somer was "an indigo child". I dont think this was true, I dont think it was somer that SP was there to see. I dont think enough attention was paid to somer to know if she was "indigo" or not. I think she was overlooked, never received enough attention from anyone. She was an attention seeker, trying to make everyone happy, trying to please everyone, overly friendly and looking for love. All the children I know who do not receive adequate attention from their mothers and fathers are this way. Wanting attention so badly that some consider them annoying. Her father was absent, her mother was busy.

RUMOR: Somer told her mother on more than one occasion over a year before she died that she (somer) had a boyfriend in high school. That little 7 yr old somer was seeking attention from older boys makes sense to me. She sees how her mother gets attention... provocative clothing, several men in and out of her life (friends or whatever), kids learn quickly what works for attention.. whether we think they are noticing or not. She had a crush on someone in high school a yr before she died. Who would these candidates be? We have at least three that I know of. AB's son, his friend, and I believe MC's brother, JC, and at least one close friend of theirs SM. True all of these young men graduated in 2006, but would somer really recognize that as no longer in high school? YES.. this is rumor and speculation..but something to think about.

I don't think it would be too unusual for somer to have a crush on someone older, but this RUMOR makes me wonder if she had a crush on one ofher older brother's friends. That would be more not unusual than having a crush on a high school boy, wouldn't it? SPECULATION ONLY: Maybe one of AC's friends who came over to see him a lot and he had inappropriate contact with somer...when she ran ahead of her siblings that day, maybe she ran to him and he ignored her and she threatened to tell what he had done to her? Just thinking out loud here.

We dont know how long the perp had her before she was taken to the dumpster. I think he/she would have waited until dark at the earliest, possibly in the middle of the night, again we just dont know.

But how could he/she have done this? By dark, the whole vicinity was crawling with investigators and volunteers, wasn't it? Don't you think waiting to dispose of her would have been reckless in any event?

[/B]

I don't think it would be too unusual for somer to have a crush on someone older, but this RUMOR makes me wonder if she had a crush on one ofher older brother's friends. That would be more not unusual than having a crush on a high school boy, wouldn't it? SPECULATION ONLY: Maybe one of AC's friends who came over to see him a lot and he had inappropriate contact with somer...when she ran ahead of her siblings that day, maybe she ran to him and he ignored her and she threatened to tell what he had done to her? Just thinking out loud here.

Good theory - would LOVE to see phone records and when all calls had been made - esp if this is a friend - or if a coverup taking place -- However, I don't see this boy if it is a friend just "being there" - supposed to be in school - would have had to leave for a reason?

I think we need to open up our timeline - I think we are still thinking WAY TO in the box -

Personally, I have always gone by a timeline that has been provided - with NO FACTS released -it isn't that short of time to be honest, it just seems that way - we can't go by assumption on how how the crime played out and cut our theory short with lack of time - for all we know Somer was having Tea with this person and the crime was carried out later -- I don't think that is the case though

- We don't know if mom has alibi at work for specific times
- same with PC
- I automatically make that assumption because they have not been arressted --it makes your mind think
oh they are innocent and have have nothing to do with this since they were at work and I am certain LE would be on this if it weren't true, LOGICALLY speaking-
-no clue on older brother attendence at school

again nobody cleared except Sheriff himself. I think if there is a discrepancy that LE Is aware of the LAST thing they would do is tell the public esp if relating to the family. Not the mention who would have put the RSO on the original MPR????Was that a red herring given by family? It sure as heck had me all over it and convinced for awhile.

Speaking of red herrings:
Lets list them.

Old photo.

terrible description.. height is wrong.. my four yr old grandson is 3' 8". gdaughter is also four 3' 5". So, either somer had a growth problem or the height given is way off.

Wrong bookbag, lunchbox.

RSO on the MPR... still dont buy explanation by LE.

Possible that her last location was also a red herring, it has changed several times.

The biggest red herring to me is her photo and description.
I understand this could have been the only photo she had at the time, in her wallet I believe. BUT wouldnt you immediately find a better one? This is what everyone is looking at to FIND YOUR CHILD for petes sake.. wouldnt you make sure it was accurate? The description was accurate?

BBM... LOL, I think there are several people who dont see me that way!

5 kids, 3 dads. And yes, her motive could have been exactly as you say. I wonder if the kids called PC dad. There is an interview with sam that he says "daddy sam" when talking to somer. I forgot to ask him if the kids called anyone else dad, or if AC was told to call him dad as a child, or if M was too. So, I wonder how many "dads" has AC had? Possibly four that we know of?

Now I am wondering if DT has thought about having any more children. Just wondering.

[/B]

Or older brothers of her friends. Think out loud, its how we get outta the box!

[/B]

That sounds very plausible, to me. IMO

I also wonder, though, if someone else had done something that Somer had threatened to tell someone about. There are lots of possible people from what I have seen who could have done things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious