FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fetal alcohol syndrome children also have distinctive facial features, including small eyes, an exceptionally thin upper lip, a short, upturned nose and a smooth skin surface between the nose and upper lip (from the Mayo Clinic site).

The boy that I know also has small, low-set ears and small eyes. It's just my opinion, but Somer didn't seem to have these characteristics (we don't know about the ears, though).

I have also thought that sometimes in death, a person's characteristics can be overemphasized -- "she was sooo loving!", "he lit up the room every time he walked in", "never knew a stranger", etc -- when actually, in life, they were just everyday nice, friendly, and liked to laugh. KWIM?

What I found interesting:

- Four different crime scenes? How did he get that number?
- Bagged evidence from landfill. Such as what?
- 5-10 minute window for abduction. Goes along with what I surmised.
- Lag in DT reporting to police - crucial time lost
- Perp profile is from FBI. I didn't know that.

Looking at your post and criminal profile - how does the born again thing fit into sudden change of religious beliefs?

Four different crime scenes refers to:

1. Scene from where she was actually taken/abducted
2. Scene where she was murdered
3. Scene where her body was disposed/left
4. Scene where her body was found

Williams Syndrome is the "original" cocktail party syndrome....
it is a genetic condition....

however, the "cocktail party syndrome" can also be found in kids with spinal bifida, "arrested hydroencephalis"...and ADHA

Cocktail party syndrome, is the effect of having inability to focus, or some form of ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Scatter-brained, quick to answer, but with little substance, attention to sounds or colors, including possibly images of sex, or other types of beauty

This site puts the 2 together in some cases>>>
ADHD and "party" syndrome....

http://oreilly.com/medical/hydrocephalus/news/learning_1.html

I know people with ADHD (myself and others LOL) but never had the party syndrome

I am not sure what it means in "solving" anything here...but for ME it "explains" something I have felt from the start, that Somer was more than just ADHA ....I am NOT "blaming" her...but it always has seemed that there was something about Somer that made her much more vulnerable than other kids....her open, chatty, over familiar ways, her lack of fear of being alone...this made her somehow a target
(or , her inquisative/overly familiar ways annoyed someone...she saw something she shouldn't see? she was going to "tell"?)

I certainly don't discount your suspicion or theory. I have long thought that SP/DT/CPC were a triangle of some kind of bizarre kind. In and out of her life, at different and same times? It wasn't only ONE reporter or article that stated SP was the live in. It was even reported and never discounted that both men lived there at the same time. These reporters had to have checked their sources, that is standard. Also, all of them had to be aware of Somer's running off. Who among them was given authority to exact consequences for this? Was there any communication? DId they party together? Did Somer or any of the other kids express resentment about having the men around (no mommy time) or having them tell them what to do? THIS IS NOT UNCOMMON - it's the subject of lots of Movies of The Week. So what do you think happened over the weekend? And could it have upset Somer or any/all of these so-called "adults"?

SP gave an address in Jacksonville as his home address (see MPR).

I don't recall whether he was going through a divorce or was actually divorced. But I'll go find and post here. ETA: Divorced (final judgment) March 16, 2007
https://showcase.duvalclerk.com/ViewCaseDetails.aspx?id=8897485&court=0

Just wondering where anyone would get idea that he lived there (did reporters feed off one another?).

Diena Thompson also advised me that Sean P. is a family friend. She said that he comes over often. She said they met for lunch today at her residence.

JMO, but comes over often would not be the same as currently living there.

Fetal alcohol syndrome children also have distinctive facial features, including small eyes, an exceptionally thin upper lip, a short, upturned nose and a smooth skin surface between the nose and upper lip (from the Mayo Clinic site).

The boy that I know also has small, low-set ears and small eyes. It's just my opinion, but Somer didn't seem to have these characteristics (we don't know about the ears, though).

I have also thought that sometimes in death, a person's characteristics can be overemphasized -- "she was sooo loving!", "he lit up the room every time he walked in", "never knew a stranger", etc -- when actually, in life, they were just everyday nice, friendly, and liked to laugh. KWIM?

I don't think she fits the fetal alcohol syndrome "look" JMO....the girl I knew did, the boy really didn't (he apparently had less of this)

Apparently this "syndrome" can be found in kids' with various other problems, the "syndrome" is a secondary problem it seems??

Also it seems that some people have some of the characteristics and lack others....it is more pronounced in some...many are not diagnosed or not diagnosed till later in life...

they do like music..."Q. I have read a lot the musicality of children with WS. How will I know if my child is musical, and how do I enhance his musicality? [back to top]

A. Many children with WS clearly go through each day with a song (or a dance) in their hearts. Music seems to be at their fingertips, and in spite of problems in almost every other area they can be totally consumed by music of every type, and have great concentration for all things musical.

Four different crime scenes refers to:

1. Scene from where she was actually taken/abducted
2. Scene where she was murdered
3. Scene where her body was disposed/left
4. Scene where her body was found

1. unknown (although reportedly last seen at Gano house)
2. unknown (near #1 and #3? or would vehicle have been necessary?)
3. known (reportedly in a dumpster)
4. known (reportedly at Chesser Landfill in GA)

ETA: As reported by media.

The rest of the first nite went smooth, as DT and party left early. (no big fuzzy hugs for me) The next day they were prepared for us and sat us on the left side of pews in front row, not in the middle set of pews with the rest of her family in front of the coffin. The family left first and we were last. We waited outside while they got the procession together, this is when mr tight jeans used us to crash somers funeral. Then we went to the burial and thats when DT and family let their hostilities be known, after the foot stomping is when the pastor approached us and LE came over and made their comment after the pastor left. It was pretty obvious at the burial site that there might be a real problem in close quarters.

So was DT other daughter at the grave side too?

3. known (dumpster)
4. known (Chesser)

I think all are unknown to the public

I think all are unknown to the public

LOL
I almost put JMO on that. But I will note "as reported by media" ...

Now reads:
3. known (reportedly in a dumpster)
4. known (reportedly at Chesser Landfill in GA)

ETA: As reported by media.

I don't know, but I sure hope LE throws us a bone soon before we move on to diagnosing her with too many more syndromes (LOL)!.

In the end, it doesn't matter if she had any kind of syndrome or not -- she didn't cause her own death, and the person who did needs to be held accountable, no matter who it turns out to be.

I don't know, but I sure hope LE throws us a bone soon before we move on to diagnosing her with too many more syndromes (LOL)!.

In the end, it doesn't matter if she had any kind of syndrome or not -- she didn't cause her own death, and the person who did needs to be held accountable, no matter who it turns out to be.

True...and as I clearly said I am not saying this "caused" her death...but I do feel that there has always been something that made Somer very vulnerable

I have been "bothered" by the fact that she "told the construction workers they were doing a good job"....just seems off or odd to me....??

The way she hugged the crossing guards....going around the neighborhood by herself...taking off by herself....?? The more I thought about these 2 kids I knew the more I realized that Somer sounded a lot like them

"Indigo child">> ???

I would be interested to know how thorough of a search LE conducted of the family residence and the victim's room. The MPR states that an officer conducted a search @ the time of the initial response on the 19th - but I wonder if it was just a cursory look just to determine if there were obvious signs of possible violence or signs of a struggle,etc., or if protocol was followed, according to the Investigative Checklist For First Responders.

Of course, if they did, that information hasn't been released to the public.

A lot of kids act like that. It's called low self esteem.

Exactly -- and I remember as a child running off to get away from the people who were hurting my feelings - like my parents and my brothers. I wasn't a loner - I just didn't like my feelings hurt or being made fun of. I was the scapegoat.

I don't think anyone who knew Somer has ever said she was over-to-top, did they? There is a difference between a loving child who likes to give hugs (they've become very popular), and someone who sucks the life out of you. I don't remember anyone saying she was "annoying", did they?

I do remember DT saying that Somer always wanted everyone to be happy with her and tried to make them feel better, that she liked puppies and kittens and liked to go to the library with her friend to look at books, liked to climb trees (hope she did all those things up to everyone's standards, unlike her "dancing" and her "clumsiness").

Sorrell can you look up court records if I give you a few cities and states

Someone posted a few threads back that DT changed Somer's room. I remember her saying that in a video.

Does anyone remember how long afterward she said she did that? Was it that first week, before the funeral, after, or did she state when she did it?

A lot of kids act like that. It's called low self esteem.

http://www.greatschools.org/LD/managing/low-self-esteem-in-children.gs?content=762&page=1

They develop coping strategies that sometimes are worse than the original problem. I should know because I had it all my life.

It could be chicken/egg...which is first?? Low self esteen or the other problems that result in low self esteem???

"Cocktail Party Syndrome" IS related to learning disorder/s too

It seems to have different variations

I know a young woman who works at a fast food place who probably has it...overly friendly, loud, loves attention...tries too "hard", too familiar with people???

From the start I felt that the "indigo child" stuff was a way to explain whatever was "wrong" with Somer ....it seemed to be MORE than regular ADD or ADHD...?? Cocktail Party syndrome is associated with both...and with non verbal learning disorders.....and it all results in low self esteem I guess

Nonverbal learning disorder
Nonverbal learning disorder, or NVLD, is a type of learning disability that affects the child's academic progress, as well as social and emotional development. A nonverbal learning disorder means that the child has the ability to learn tasks that are explained to him verbally, but has difficulty visualizing complex problems that require intense concentration.

Sorrell can you look up court records if I give you a few cities and states

I'll do my best. If you have the county, as well, that would be helpful, and would save time. Most jurisdictions log them by county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow