Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share your thoughts

i have always believed that SP's presence that afternoon was no coincidence - and i in NO WAY believe SP has any involvement in foul play - i am just going on my own gut feeling that i have had since the beginning of this case - i think it is easy to jump on the bandwagon and attack DT's lifestyle but i know many many women who have walked a mile in those shoes..i think somehow DT has gotten on the media momentum and i think the fundraisers which i believe started with the best of intentions are now bordering a little on bad taste ( i would be thrilled of the proceeds were now being donated to missing children's cases) it is my belief (and only IMO that something was not ok within the family) - i think DT knew this and wanted to consult with SP - but i may be way off base

So if I were to google Somer and info re: her murder then I would probably come across the info that is out there?

If you have the time to read , watch and listen to the media and drill down on some of the facts ..then yes there is

The jury of 12 have to make a difficult and important decision as Florida is a death penelty state..
You should have more then just DNA to make that kind of case
As for funds.. you open up alot of resources with the amber alert

So because they were able to issue an AMBER Alert (because of Somer's age and that she'd been missing overnight are the reasons I recall the Sheriff saying but could be off on that) they get federal funds? or just additional resources as in LE personnel?

My comment about the DNA was not that it would be the only evidence. You asked me if Diena's DNA on Somer would mean anything. I gave a CSI scenario. I don't know if it's possible in the real world.

i have always believed that SP's presence that afternoon was no coincidence - and i in NO WAY believe SP has any involvement in foul play - i am just going on my own gut feeling that i have had since the beginning of this case - i think it is easy to jump on the bandwagon and attack DT's lifestyle but i know many many women who have walked a mile in those shoes..i think somehow DT has gotten on the media momentum and i think the fundraisers which i believe started with the best of intentions are now bordering a little on bad taste ( i would be thrilled of the proceeds were now being donated to missing children's cases) it is my belief (and only IMO that something was not ok within the family) - i think DT knew this and wanted to consult with SP - but i may be way off base

Thanks for sharing
I dont believe her lifestyle is why I find her #1 on my list.. It's location

http://www.dot.state.fl.us/trafficoperations/ITS/Projects_Deploy/Amber/Amber%20Plan%20Document.doc

Amber Alerts in Florida

Tried to copy and paste here but the Word file was giving me fits. LOL ... and then poof it's there ... TWICE.

ØLocal media outlets
ØNational Center for Missing and Exploited Children
(1-800-THE-LOST) Florida Branch 1-561-848-1900
ØJimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abductions
1-800-JIM-RYCE (546-7923)
ØA Child is Missing, Inc.
1-888-875-2246
ØFBI National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (formerly CASKU)
1-800-634-4097
ØLocal Crime Stoppers

1.The local law enforcement agency will call the FDLE Missing Children Information Clearinghouse (MCIC) at 1-888-356-4774. The Florida Investigative Support Center (FISC), responds to all after hours MCIC requests.
A.An on-call Special Agent Supervisor will work in conjunction with local law enforcement agency to ascertain whether case meets criteria and to offer additional help.
B.On-call MCIC analysts will work in conjunction with the FDLE FISC Analyst if request comes in after hours.

2.The FDLE will work in conjunction with the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction to determine if information is to be broadcast via radio, television, displayed on DOT’s message signs and/or DOL’s LED and 07 messages on lottery machines on a regional or statewide basis.

3.The FDLE will work in conjunction with the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction to prepare information (i.e., child, suspect, and/or vehicle, contact information) for public distribution using approved format(s) for broadcasters, DOT and DOL.

4.The FDLE will record the Amber Alert information on the EAS equipment located in the MCIC area. The Emergency Operations Center will be contacted at 850-413-9900 prior to transmitting the information to verify that information is broadcast.

5.If FDLE determines if the DOT DMSs are to be used, FDLE will contact the Florida Highway Patrol Communications Center Shift Commander in Orlando at 407-737-2200 in order to alert duty officers and other call takers of the Amber Alert. The FDLE will then fax all available information concerning the missing/abducted child to the FHP Communications Center in Orlando at 407-737-2217. FHP Shift Commander in Orlando is then responsible for relaying all information via telephone and fax to the appropriate to the Shift Commander(s) at appropriate FHP Communications Center(s) in the region(s) where the activation is occurring.

6.If FDLE determines if the DOT DMSs and 511 System are to be used, FDLE will then contact DOT’s Orlando Regional Transportation Management Center (RTMC) by calling 407-736-1900 to develop the content of the message to be utilized. FDLE will fax the actual DMS Message to the Orlando RTMC to 407-736-1918, using the attached format.

7.The Orlando RTMC staff will relay the request to appropriate RTMC staff in the State to activate the Florida Amber Plan. The DOT will display the message until the child is recovered or for a maximum of 6 hours. DOT will display the alert message on all requested DMSs unless a traffic emergency occurs that requires an individual or group of DMSs to display a motorist safety message. DOT will record a brief AMBER Alert message on the 511 System. The 511 System is used only when the DMNs are displayed.

More at link in post above

DT's DNA (or any other family member's or person she comes into daily contact with) won't mean anything necessarily (unless it's blood or semen, obviously), but if there were other chemicals, residues, fibers, etc., that were found on Somer and DT (or on DT's clothing, or in her vehicle and @ the crime scene, that would definitely mean something. It would tie it all together.

Thanks for sharing
I dont believe her lifestyle is why I find her #1 on my list.. It's location

hmmm it is location that leads me to believe it was not DT but she may have been aware of what was going on (worst fears realized).. again...JMO

1.The local law enforcement agency will call the FDLE Missing Children Information Clearinghouse (MCIC) at 1-888-356-4774. The Florida Investigative Support Center (FISC), responds to all after hours MCIC requests.
A.An on-call Special Agent Supervisor will work in conjunction with local law enforcement agency to ascertain whether case meets criteria and to offer additional help.
B.On-call MCIC analysts will work in conjunction with the FDLE FISC Analyst if request comes in after hours.

2.The FDLE will work in conjunction with the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction to determine if information is to be broadcast via radio, television, displayed on DOT’s message signs and/or DOL’s LED and 07 messages on lottery machines on a regional or statewide basis.

3.The FDLE will work in conjunction with the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction to prepare information (i.e., child, suspect, and/or vehicle, contact information) for public distribution using approved format(s) for broadcasters, DOT and DOL.

4.The FDLE will record the Amber Alert information on the EAS equipment located in the MCIC area. The Emergency Operations Center will be contacted at 850-413-9900 prior to transmitting the information to verify that information is broadcast.

5.If FDLE determines if the DOT DMSs are to be used, FDLE will contact the Florida Highway Patrol Communications Center Shift Commander in Orlando at 407-737-2200 in order to alert duty officers and other call takers of the Amber Alert. The FDLE will then fax all available information concerning the missing/abducted child to the FHP Communications Center in Orlando at 407-737-2217. FHP Shift Commander in Orlando is then responsible for relaying all information via telephone and fax to the appropriate to the Shift Commander(s) at appropriate FHP Communications Center(s) in the region(s) where the activation is occurring.

6.If FDLE determines if the DOT DMSs and 511 System are to be used, FDLE will then contact DOT’s Orlando Regional Transportation Management Center (RTMC) by calling 407-736-1900 to develop the content of the message to be utilized. FDLE will fax the actual DMS Message to the Orlando RTMC to 407-736-1918, using the attached format.

7.The Orlando RTMC staff will relay the request to appropriate RTMC staff in the State to activate the Florida Amber Plan. The DOT will display the message until the child is recovered or for a maximum of 6 hours. DOT will display the alert message on all requested DMSs unless a traffic emergency occurs that requires an individual or group of DMSs to display a motorist safety message. DOT will record a brief AMBER Alert message on the 511 System. The 511 System is used only when the DMNs are displayed.

More at link in post above

If a victim is brought across state lines, federal charges can be laid as well

IIRC, the Sheriff talked about a tip that came in about a vehicle with TN license plates with a child that the person thought might be Somer.

I had wondered why the FBI got involved. Reading now.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/kidnap.htm

From that link:

And just to be clear, before we get involved there does NOT have to be a ransom demand and the child does NOT have to cross state lines or be missing for 24 hours.

hmmm it is location that leads me to believe it was not DT but she may have been aware of what was going on (worst fears realized).. again...JMO

I guess we will have to wait for them to tell us where the crime scene was

Child Abductions—No Ransom
Our field offices respond to cases involving the mysterious disappearance of a child whenever and however they come to our attention. All reports of circumstances indicating that a minor has or possibly has been abducted are afforded an immediate preliminary inquiry.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/kidnap.htm

Bold is not mine.

Tomorrow is another day. I hope it's one filled with answers. And an arrest. Good night all.

Initially in the divorce she was representing herself and was until after somers death.

From my understanding of FL divorce law it is no-fault, initially parties draw up property settlement agreements and are able to handle custody and other issues without legal represetation of they choose to. If the divorce is not contentious it is standard.

IF DT was initially representing herself in the divorce - that is indicative that she most likely assumed she would (1) be receiving full custody of the children; (2) had arranged with ST to share custody already, (3) had given ST full custody. This and property arrangements they had already decided, so she did not need a lawyer to represent her. The only other reason she would represent herself is that she felt she would do an equally good or better job than an attorney.

My question is, why did that change after Somer disappeared and died? Could it be that ST stated he wanted to get the kids out of Orange Park? Could it be that CPC involved himself and told her to get an attorney and fight ST?

Not every parent of a murder victim has televised interview or media outlets.
I never saw E.O's parents doing them. But, then again. I don't have cable TV. There was another case right after S where the husband reportedly killed the two children and then himself while she was in the shower. No witnesses. So many people speculated about her and her tragedy. I never saw her on the news or internet videos either.

It was a choice she made. It was not a requirement that she do the televised appearances. The only interview I ever heard of that she turned down was with AP newspaper reporter. No video, no DT? JMO

I always wondered why DT didn't just go on Nancy Grace, when her shows are (well, used to be...lol) all about young victims or crime victims, and she (NG) stated "Mom did everything right" so she appeared to be sympathetic or understanding. ST went on HLN. I just wondered why she did not include NG in her several interviews, because a lot of people watch that show and NG was covering it when Somer first went missing.

Cool thing about cell phones. The caller doesn't know where the receiver is.
And vice versa. The MPR is just taking statements. We don't know what "upon further examination" might have turned up. To support or refute previous statements.

LOL we have those cell phones now with the trackers, used mostly by moms to track their kids activities. Wish they had been in play that day for a variety of people. I hope the AT and AC got them for Christmas, and a lot of kids in OP. They are good safety tools.

No, but it was my belief that she meant no, she'd never run off and been gone hours and hours and hours.

I can't recall when the first time she says that is. She appeared with the Sheriff ... was that Tuesday? Wednesday?

http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=45533482001&bclid=45314954001&bctid=45725057001
Diena Thompson Addresses the Media

ETA
On Monday night, when Sheriff was interviewed by Jennifer Waugh, the Sheriff says that Somer has a slight history of running off but that we should not assume that this is the case. SO he knew about the running off.

The first interview with her where this caught my attention was not a presser. It was a more relaxed interview, either CBS or AMW or one of the many. Please forgive me if I do not look it up here right now (have to go to work). I remember I asked a question about this and a poster clarified that what she really meant (which we will never know) is that it was the first time Somer hadn't returned.....and somebody else said, "wow. The FIRST time? What needs to happen for this woman to do...whatever...? This was back when I was trying to want to try to want to believe that mom was just grief stricken and out of it. Later on I changed my mind because of book bags, MPR inconsistencies, fundraisers and etc. But for the record, I start fresh every day looking at those first pressers and grieving right along with her. And every day I say this could be me and how would I be thinking and acting?

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html

She looks like she's wearing black sweat pants. Definitely not medical office attire.

Therefore, I'm of the opinion that she changed clothes.

Here's what I wonder, though - did she change clothes at the behest of LE?

Sorrell (and others) that NYPD page I recently posted is a long read but it gives every single bit of information about what detectives do after finding a murder victim. It mentions clothing of victim and witnesses and etc., and etc., you might glean some insight into some of the things they are not telling us and why we aren't being let into those details. IT'S ALL TINY DETAILS. One little slip, the whole thing is ruined. Remember OJ and how the LE supposedly fooled with evidence and it threw the whole focus off perp.

Would LE ask the parent of a missing child to remove their clothes?

I know they were treating it as a missing child case initially but 7 hours after Somer not coming home ...

To preserve every little bit of possible evidence in case the missing child becomes a murdered child? Blood stains, etc., even hidden or tried to clean? Everyone is a possible suspect until the child is found hopefully alive or sadly dead? DNA, anything that would link anything to anything?

Worst case scenario, child is missing, mom gone too, mom has little piece of leaves stuck to sweatsuit fabric, cops bag clothes, child found dead in woods where those types of trees are, mom unable to account for specific whereabouts when saying she left work....I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT DT HERE, I AM MAKING UP A SCENARIO TO FIT THE QUESTION. Pretend it's Shanyia's mom or something if it will help posters understand why they have to look at everything and everybody, o-k? Thanks.

This is my opinion of why they may do it. On the NYPD site, they explain it.
Maybe somebody can find a similar site of FL LE investigation protocol. ?

LATER EDIT: Apologies to Noway - you have done more than enough posting FL LE protocols.

The jury of 12 have to make a difficult and important decision as Florida is a death penelty state..
You should have more then just DNA to make that kind of case
As for funds.. you open up alot of resources with the amber alert

Regarding DNA, would we assume that if there is a lot of DNA on a victim, they will run it all, and then would they not try to rule out persons based on their proximity, motive, etc.? They can save the matches and later on in investigation if there is other evidence (even hearsay) to connect a perp to the victim, they can BINGO with the DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member