FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know that's what she did. I know her reason too because she couldn't handle it. She felt guilt for not protecting Somer. ST may have the same exact reason. Both felt very guilty and despite that showed very little respect for Somer even in her death. She deserved so much more in life and death. DT held bitterness towards ST so much so to even omit his name on the obituary notice. ST isn't the ideal father as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had bitter words for DT as well. It was all about them not about poor Somer.

Ya know Pin, I try to take everything here with a grain of salt, but some of your posts are making morton rich because of me. I try my best not to attack the poster, but the post. I really do. But this post goes way beyond offensive to me. YOU have no idea what they were going through. YOU have no idea what her or ST's reasons were for what they did. There is no way that you KNOW anything about what was in their minds. This was THEIR child.. not yours. I hope you are surprised to know that sam thompson does not talk crap about his childrens mother. I, who know him, who went through this horror with him have never heard him say a foul word.... so please tell me you are surprised and stop saying you KNOW things that are impossible for you to know.

Ya know Pin, I try to take everything here with a grain of salt, but some of your posts are making morton rich because of me. I try my best not to attack the poster, but the post. I really do. But this post goes way beyond offensive to me. YOU have no idea what they were going through. YOU have no idea what her or ST's reasons were for what they did. There is no way that you KNOW anything about what was in their minds. This was THEIR child.. not yours. I hope you are surprised to know that sam thompson does not talk crap about his childrens mother. I, who know him, who went through this horror with him have never heard him say a foul word.... so please tell me you are surprised and stop saying you KNOW things that are impossible for you to know.

I just wanted to comment about the BBM above. Never once in any media has ST shown anything but class and I have never heard him bad mouth anyone. Like I said the other day I think the man has a ton of class.

~snipped from the MPR~

She said she then left work and drove to Grove Park (OPAA) where she picked up her oldest son, AT (error, AC). She said she then continued to look for Somer Thompson in the immediate area of Grove Park when she saw D/S Coan and reported the incident.

From this, it sounds like maybe AC was in the car with her when she flagged down the officer?

That would make a difference to me. When she picked up AC and whether he was with her from the time she arrived in the area of the park.

Exactly!

Somer was murdered. She was not even viewed by her parents not because they weren't allowed but because they wanted to spare themselves more pain.

LINK!!!!!! Or is this another outrageous unsupported opinion?

Panamia,

Thank you for the response, truly.

I 'get' that part. How is that relevant to the investigation? Do you think less of them because they did not view her body and possibly torture themselves with that image for the rest of their lives? If so, how is that relevant to the investigation? Most people know what they are capable of handling and even think they can handle more than they really can, imo. The ME knew exactly what Somer's body looked like, especially her face. If the ME discouraged her family from viewing the body I would think the ME had pretty good reasons for doing such. Myself, I can not look down on them for not viewing Somer's body. I think they did what was best for each of them and I respect each of their individual decisions. It is not a weakness or a lack of love that prevents one from viewing a body but it is an act of self preservation as well as memory/image preservation, again imo.

What did ST say when his name was left out of the obituary? Do you know? Perhaps he's on his best behavior with you.

Once again I am not computing what is being said. LE did not release her body. ME did. But they didnt have to. If they had wanted they could have retained her body and not allowed it to be buried at the service. But, if they had all they needed from her body, what would be the point? Her body was released. Her body was buried. I dont think anyone wanted the purple extravaganza. I think it all became a roller coaster ride with no one able to stop it, even if they had wanted to. Seriously, everyone... there wasnt any purple kool aide.

Once again. It was LE who ASKED that she not be viewed, and as verified by statements given by DT herself this was the case, along with media reports.
Why would I have thought YOU had anything to do with funeral arrangements?!
What day does the headstone say she died? What no headstone? Hmmm.
Or is there one?

Once again. It was LE who ASKED that she not be viewed, and as verified by statements given by DT herself this was the case, along with media reports.
Or is there one?

The obituary says 10/21/09 and we know that's not the right day. That bothered me to no end.

http://obituaries.news-record.com/o...int.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=135453895

I believe that most normal parents who lose a child at such a young age experience guilt on some level because they could not protect their child from the world and it's monsters. IMO, the guilt is normal. "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" will eat at them for a long time if not forever.

I believe that most normal parents who lose a child at such a young age experience guilt on some level because they could not protect their child from the world and it's monsters. IMO, the guilt is normal. "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" will eat at them for a long time if not forever.

Of course, I feel guilty over an injury. Only human. I'm not against either parents for being human. I only wish both could have been civil. I guess that's impossible with PC in the picture.

Or is there one?

BBM
I was speaking to who asked ST not to view her body. I didnt know YOU did think I had anything to do with funeral arrangements, nor have I IMPLIED I DID. Does any of this pertain to who killed somer? What difference would it make to YOU if she has a headstone or not? If she doesnt, does that once again imply that no one cared about this child, that her mother killed her? If there is a date... does it help your "investigation" as to who killed her? If you want to know if there is a headstone, I suggest you go look... or use your great sleuthing abilities to find out.

Frankly so little info especially new info that everyone is going in circles. I think we have to go back to that police report and see if anything or anybody was missed.

Frankly so little info especially new info that everyone is going in circles. I think we have to go back to that police report and see if anything or anybody was missed.

Wasn't DT walking when she flagged down the police?

Just reading through some old reports online:

The little girl hasn’t been seen since Monday afternoon. The girl’s mother notified the sheriff’s office around 5 p.m. that her daughter had not returned home from school.

Her mother began looking for her, and after about two hours, [she] flagged down a patrol car and reported that Somer did not come home this (Monday) afternoon

Was this all chalked up to poor reporting??? Since DT was first alerted that Somer didn't come home at around 4pm????

dntslp,
I just want to thank you for sharing your ordeal with us. It must have been very painful and your post said exactly what I was trying to say and couldnt. Thank you for sharing.

IMO None of this pertains to who killed somer.

We are all frustrated with nothing new coming in and old unreliable info. Honestly in my opinion, nothing so far is pertaining to who killed Somer.

Just reading through some old reports online:

The little girl hasn’t been seen since Monday afternoon. The girl’s mother notified the sheriff’s office around 5 p.m. that her daughter had not returned home from school.

Her mother began looking for her, and after about two hours, [she] flagged down a patrol car and reported that Somer did not come home this (Monday) afternoon

Was this all chalked up to poor reporting??? Since DT was first alerted that Somer didn't come home at around 4pm????

I took it to mean that the search for Somer by family had gone on for 2 hours (3:10 to 5:06 ... time on MPR) but that is JMO.

(Tweaked format of NSC's post so that text in blue would show.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc