Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
eek i think i found his sisters myspace... lol

ETA: I followed the facebook info to find the name and then went to myspace... if its her, her job is creepy ...

IDK the answer to your question.

Not trying to make excuses for JSO, but I can see a computer turned in by a roommate going on the back burner for a while. Not sure the legalities of JSO looking at it - especially since they may have thought the roommate was mad for other reasons such as unpaid rent & other common roomie complaints.

Just based on MOPE - JSO used to have terrible internal communications, esp re:evidence room. [Won't bore you w/details, but evidence for a violent crime was sitting in their evidence room for 2 weeks. I had to point it out to them AND connect the dots when I arrived to retrieved the evidence from there. Yeah, I wuz very pizzed.]

Thanks for the info. I can see the miscommunications, etc. It happens everywhere, I'm sure. But I would think that child *advertiser censored* would get a free ticket to the front of the line. Guess I'm wrong! IMO, if someone is watching child *advertiser censored*, they are willing and able to do a LOT worse.

Someone spotted the guy on the video last night on another site and I was on the fence about him. Now someone here has noticed him so I'm beginning to truly wonder if it is him now. Does anyone know how tall Dienna's boyfriend is? As in is he extremely tall. Also the guy with in the video looks larger than 240 lbs if he's 6'3"? JMO

You probably saw it at the same site I saw it. I just brought a direct link to the video here to get everyone's perspective on it. I see the consensus is that it is not Harrell, so okay, nevermind. LOL

What about the guy in the vigil portion of video (1:29-) wearing a brown jacket & blue shirt who seems to be looking around nervously?

OMG! Now that does look like Harrell. Good find!

eek i think i found his sisters myspace... lol

ETA: I followed the facebook info to find the name and then went to myspace... if its her, her job is creepy ...

Not seeing this. I see one with the same name in Florida but it is not her - wrong age, definitely not her in the pic. Sister is very blonde.

I really think this is the guy, and Somer will be able to rest in peace now that he will not be able to ever hurt another child. I know we need to be careful about jumping tp conclusions to fast, and he is only named as a POI right now, but things fit. The FBI arrested him, there have been several search warrants executed. They had to have some good evidence to get those warrants! Whether or not they had a DNA match, they would do the searches of course to gather as much evidence as they can. I am happy they have him under lock and key but so sad to think what Somer went through!

I have referred to the Holly Jones case before here and my feeling this might be similar.
The man who raped and murdered Holly, admitted to watching child *advertiser censored* an hour before deciding to snatch her off the street and do his despicable deed.

With the technology we have these days, why can't all child *advertiser censored* be detected and removed from the net! So sick and now these perverts have their own sick little forums where they can gather and share.

All of these degenerates start with *advertiser censored*. I'm for freedom of speech, but not at this price.

Thanks for the info. I can see the miscommunications, etc. It happens everywhere, I'm sure. But I would think that child *advertiser censored* would get a free ticket to the front of the line. Guess I'm wrong! IMO, if someone is watching child *advertiser censored*, they are willing and able to do a LOT worse.

It's not as easy as you would think, at least not in this case. The computer was not in the POI's possession at the time it was turned over to investigators. A lot of investigation and forensics would have to take place to assure who put that *advertiser censored* on there (someone could simply plant child *advertiser censored* on a computer and say so-and-so put it there --- that's simply not enough evidence to arrest someone and have charges stick). Anyone who had access to that computer was suspect to having put it on there. Not only did they have to examine the hard drive, they had to get warrants for information from internet providers to see when the computer was logged into the internet. Warrants would have to be sent out to specific websites to see when that IP address visited those sites. If he was receiving these pictures from someone else via email, they would have to trace that email and IP and try to connect to the person distributing it (with possible arrests in a child *advertiser censored* ring).

At the time this computer was taken into custody, I'm sure they were more concerned with who was distributing it than they were with who was receiving it and it probably became a bigger part of their investigation into the computer.

In November investigators gave out a profile of the person that could be involved in Somer's disappearance. I think they were looking at the current POI at this time and trying to freak him out. One of the things they said is that the person might move....if they were playing reverse psychology with this guy, they didn't figure he would move right away after hearing that because he wouldn't want to make himself look suspect. I believe when investigators went quiet and the media coverage started tapering off, the POI got nervous because he didn't know what was going on in the case and he fled to Mississippi.

In the meantime, officials knew where he was and they were just playing a waiting game to get enough evidence back to make the connection. It does take some time to put together a solid case and we know they don't want to mess this investigation up.

All of these degenerates start with *advertiser censored*. I'm for freedom of speech, but not at this price.

I don't believe kiddie *advertiser censored* is freedom of speech - I believe it is freedom to indulge your perversions until you get to the point of acting them out. Once you act them out, you have destroyed a life, either mentally or physically.

If they can BAN a book on how to be a killer, surely there wouldn't be a problem BANNING kiddie *advertiser censored* - UNLESS there are a lot of pedophiles in high places here and in other countries. Seems to me the more power people, especially men obtain, the more jaded they become until nothing but the worst perversions can satisfy them sexually. Time for a change, I think.

My opinion only

I don't believe kiddie *advertiser censored* is freedom of speech - I believe it is freedom to indulge your perversions until you get to the point of acting them out. Once you act them out, you have destroyed a life, either mentally or physically.

If they can BAN a book on how to be a killer, surely there wouldn't be a problem BANNING kiddie *advertiser censored* - UNLESS there are a lot of pedophiles in high places here and in other countries. Seems to me the more power people, especially men obtain, the more jaded they become until nothing but the worst perversions can satisfy them sexually. Time for a change, I think.

My opinion only

Child *advertiser censored* is banned.

He was described as "reclusive" by his former roommates. It doesn't seem a reclusive type would be out in crowds and seeking attention.

its not that he would show up for attention. its not uncommon for a perp to show up to a media briefing such as this. sometimes the creeps put show up like this as a way of finding a way of self remorse or an escape of what he had done to a child...

Child *advertiser censored* is banned.

Yes, in America, it is. But then, what did you mean by this?

"All of these degenerates start with *advertiser censored*. I'm for freedom of speech, but not at this price."

Diena says she wants to know every detail. Also wants the death penalty.

2 of Diena's fears -

- It was someone who had the opportunity to "work" Somer.

- It was someone nearby.

Both of her fears may be true w/this suspect.

---GMA @ 7:21 a.m. EDST

I agree with her.I want the death penalty for him too.Sadly it would have only taken once or twice to get friendly and gain Somers trust with this dog.Even just petting the dog a few times to or from school.

It's not as easy as you would think, at least not in this case. The computer was not in the POI's possession at the time it was turned over to investigators. A lot of investigation and forensics would have to take place to assure who put that *advertiser censored* on there (someone could simply plant child *advertiser censored* on a computer and say so-and-so put it there --- that's simply not enough evidence to arrest someone and have charges stick). Anyone who had access to that computer was suspect to having put it on there. Not only did they have to examine the hard drive, they had to get warrants for information from internet providers to see when the computer was logged into the internet. Warrants would have to be sent out to specific websites to see when that IP address visited those sites. If he was receiving these pictures from someone else via email, they would have to trace that email and IP and try to connect to the person distributing it (with possible arrests in a child *advertiser censored* ring).

At the time this computer was taken into custody, I'm sure they were more concerned with who was distributing it than they were with who was receiving it and it probably became a bigger part of their investigation into the computer.

In November investigators gave out a profile of the person that could be involved in Somer's disappearance. I think they were looking at the current POI at this time and trying to freak him out. One of the things they said is that the person might move....if they were playing reverse psychology with this guy, they didn't figure he would move right away after hearing that because he wouldn't want to make himself look suspect. I believe when investigators went quiet and the media coverage started tapering off, the POI got nervous because he didn't know what was going on in the case and he fled to Mississippi.

In the meantime, officials knew where he was and they were just playing a waiting game to get enough evidence back to make the connection. It does take some time to put together a solid case and we know they don't want to mess this investigation up.

I don't think they have enough evidence on him unless there would be no search etc. They are acting on some kind of tip. I hope his DNA proves he's the killer. They can assess DNA in less than 24 hours.

I hope this is okay to post.

Mom's employer comments on FB:

Jarred' mom was my personal assistant for over two years. just after the little girl was killed they moved to Callahan very fast. We all would talk about the little girl and how terrible it was...I just can't believe this!! :(

Interesting... I wonder if the mom and step-dad covered up for him and sent him to MS.

Whoa! Wonder if the whole family had a part in the crime?

sbm

I get the waiting game but if they truly believed he possibly was the POI in Somer's case they were putting other young children at RISK while building their case..They knew his location but that would not prevent it from happening again cos I seriously doubt he was being watched 24/7 all these months..There must be a better/safer way to do their job. KWIM?

sbm

I get the waiting game but if they truly believed he possibly was the POI in Somer's case they were putting other young children at RISK while building their case..They knew his location but that would not prevent it from happening again cos I seriously doubt he was being watched 24/7 all these months..There must be a better/safer way to do their job. KWIM?

I truly feel this is a new tip. They never had this man on their radar.

Interesting info in this article on the roomate. According to the article the roommate was a young woman.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ompson_slaying_to_appear_in_mississippi_court
Thank you for this link, lurkeyloo.

Very informative article, but what is most interesting to me:
"Police have said they recently have been receiving a steady stream of laboratory tests of DNA and other evidence collected from where Somer's body was found in a Folkston landfill".

This gives me great hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member