FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly feel this is a new tip. They never had this man on their radar.

I agree.He had not been under their radar or not for long.But maybe they thought it was someone local.This was the one tip they needed.

I feel they may have the man responsible for this crime. I did a sex offender check nationally on him and nothing comes up, but that don't mean anything cuz he could have escaped signing up? its just suspicious that someone like this just so happens to have all this stuff on a computer and lived very close to somer. from what I have learned somer was a very trusting child. he could have noticed her in the past being friendly to others and maybe he gained her trust briefly prior to acting on her? this creep is probably the one? moving certainly would have been something he had to do since her body was found.... had her body never been found he probably would still be living in florida... but since her body was found he moved away from the area which is not at all uncommon after a crime such as this... I would bet that le are talking to close contacts of his to determine how he may have acted in the days after her disappearence? heck he may even have pics of somer on his computer and they haven't said so just yet.. or maybe on a cell phone. as far as the book bag, well he could have disposed of that at another location, kept it. or even thrown it away between florida and mississippi? either way his goose is cooked....

sbm

I get the waiting game but if they truly believed he possibly was the POI in Somer's case they were putting other young children at RISK while building their case..They knew his location but that would not prevent it from happening again cos I seriously doubt he was being watched 24/7 all these months..There must be a better/safer way to do their job. KWIM?

Over the Christmas holidays a CCSO was talking to another LE from another county at a dinner I was at and someone ask the CCSO if they had anyone they were interested in and the CCSO said they had (2) POI and both were being watched very closing. He said "we can tell you everytime they go to the bathroom". I do not know any names of who they were watching, trying to find that out today. I don't think they had "a close eye" on him before Somer was murdered.
I agree with the comment Angleena said there is alot of legal avenues that has to be done before they can just go and arrest a person. And it's unfortunate for the victims. Where are the victims rights?

For the FBI to point him to a POI...........they are dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's"
FBI got their monster!!!!
FBI may be looking into other children he may of hurt, murdered.
FBI may be looking at family and friends at this point.
Witnesses???
At 24 and JH has gone this far, makes me wonder how many years he 'practised'
on other children.
I'm sick over thinking about these monsters, animals don't even do this kind of thing!

I don't think they have enough evidence on him unless there would be no search etc. They are acting on some kind of tip. I hope his DNA proves he's the killer. They can assess DNA in less than 24 hours.

Possibly they have a fairly good idea and some good evidence. They would need something solid to get all those search warrants initially. My opinion is they are getting further evidence and maybe even looking for something related to another crime. Regardless of what evidence they have, they would certainly want to search his residences. The fact they were seen with shovels and rakes, and they also did some digging at the reno house, i think they are looking for something specific.

Whoa! Wonder if the whole family had a part in the crime?

It's certainly possible. Sick, but possible.

Remember Christopher Barrios?

I have been busy the last couple of days and I'm playing catch up on all the recent happenings in Somer's case. I can't believe that this and his computer were turned in back in August and nothing ever happened. I just read a post at news4jax where it said that the filth on his computer wasn't processed until after Somer was killed.

The whole thing disgusts me because if this is the guy, he should have been locked up prior to Somer's disappearance and she would still be alive.

Possibly they have a fairly good idea and some good evidence. They would need something solid to get all those search warrants initially. My opinion is they are getting further evidence and maybe even looking for something related to another crime. Regardless of what evidence they have, they would certainly want to search his residences. The fact they were seen with shovels and rakes, and they also did some digging at the reno house, i think they are looking for something specific.

I wonder if they think he made his own video of Somer and may have buried it in the yard somewhere.

They also may take soil samples from his yard on Gano if they found soil/grass on her body.

I think he left his computer behind because he didn't want it to be found with him. He may have thought that LE would think the roommates put the *advertiser censored* on there.

imo

OMG... If what ElizaAvalon dug up in the Weekly World News is really related to the POI, that is sick and it's no wonder the guy is the way he is.

Perversion seems to run in that family and now I won't be one bit surprised if it turns out to be a family thing like what happened to Christopher Barrios.

This is just disgusting and terrible.

I wonder if they think he made his own video of Somer and may have buried it in the yard somewhere.

They also may take soil samples from his yard on Gano if they found soil/grass on her body.

I think he left his computer behind because he didn't want it to be found with him. He may have thought that LE would think the roommates put it there.

imo

Good points. If they found soil on her body that would explain the digging at both places. Lots of scenarios, he could have buried other evidence, or , god forbid, if Somer had any of her body parts removed in an attempt to make it hard for LE to identify her if she was found. (Thank the lord she was)

If this POI (Jarred) is Somer's killer, I won't be surprised if this is the first time he has killed.

I think because his mother and step-father moved out of the house just two weeks prior to Somer's abduction and murder, means it was his first opportunity to commit this kind of violent crime in privacy.

I'm a bit surprised that he disposed of her body as quickly as he did (if he committed the crime), though. That part has me a bit confused...

Would a novice at child abduction and murder be that quick thinking to be rid of the body that fast? Or, does that make sense that he would, maybe in horror and revulsion at what he had done want to dispose of her quickly?

If it hadn't been for that quick thinking cop's idea of following the trash trucks to the landfill, Somer's body may have still never been found. She may have still been another 'missing' child, as far as anyone knew. (This fact alone has made long think her killer was someone with 'experience').

Whoa! Wonder if the whole family had a part in the crime?
I wonder if his parents came across evidence of the crime at the house, and covered up for him from there.

Another 'Mama's Boy' being protected by his parents, all the while it is really society's children that needed protecting from him.

So the computer was seized on 8-10-09. This guy has been watched for a while now.
It was seized before Somer was even missing. :(

Look at how many families have helped cover up the crimes of their children, no matter how horrible the crime.
This type of family sometimes thinks they can handle the 'sick' member of their family by hiding, keeping an eye on them, moving them.
But a member or friend can get involved in helping the monster without knowing, as in lending a car etc. IMO

sbm

I get the waiting game but if they truly believed he possibly was the POI in Somer's case they were putting other young children at RISK while building their case..They knew his location but that would not prevent it from happening again cos I seriously doubt he was being watched 24/7 all these months..There must be a better/safer way to do their job. KWIM?

That's the sad part but that's the way our system works. They cannot arrest and hold someone without probable cause nor would they want to....doing so would mess up the integrity of the investigation and risk flight of the POI. They need to be ready to officially charge someone when they take them into custody.

It is commonly known in the legal system (I work in the legal system) that when someone is named as a Person of Interest, there is evidence suggesting they were somehow involved or have direct knowledge of a crime. It's a way of saying suspect without infringing on someone's legal rights....because they are not being directly accused of a crime at that point.

They had their cyberteam involved in this investigation. It's highly likely that an undercover internet operation may have been set up which led them to make the connection to Somer (It could have been something as simple as someone posing as a perp and trying to get this guy to share stories). There are all kinds of scenerios that could have connected him. A warrant to an email provider (such as yahoo) for copies of all email transactions could have taken place. He could have mentioned something about Somer to someone via email or chat, whatever.

At some point, a connection between Somer and the POI was made, it may not be enough for a conviction as of yet....but somewhere in the investigation of the child *advertiser censored*, a connection was made to make him a POI.

OMG... If what ElizaAvalon dug up in the Weekly World News is really related to the POI, that is sick and it's no wonder the guy is the way he is.

Perversion seems to run in that family and now I won't be one bit surprised if it turns out to be a family thing like what happened to Christopher Barrios.

Please... what are you talking about? I missed it!
What did Eliza dig up?

Bold by me, Is that here on this thread, sorry at work and trying to read and work.

So the computer was seized on 8-10-09. This guy has been watched for a while now.
It was seized before Somer was even missing. :(

Oh boy. You cant help but wonder now what would have happened had he been charged when the computer was turned over or shortly thereafter.

Gulp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member