FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/exc...red-somer-thompson-remembers/story?id=9821495

Harrell lived on the street near where Somer was last seen Oct. 19, 2009. He was under surveillance for some time, police said.

Neighbors described Harrell as antisocial and withdrawn, and said they saw Somer occasionally stop to pet a little white dog near his former home.

After his arrest Thursday, authorities searched the new home of Harrell's family, particularly a shed.

Neighbors say that Harrell would go out to wash his car or have a cigarette - always at the time children got out of school. Guess it just didn't seem strange to people at the time or else it would have been reported.

They recently tipped the police that they found out he was living at Gano and his parents had moved out at the time Somer was killed. That's what I heard in the video. .

s&bm

From the article (below) & I believe video too it seems clear all of this took place with LE just as it says: a few days after Somer's body was found.

The Buchanans said they spotted Harrell’s vehicle outside his mother’s home a few days after Somer’s body was found and alerted police to their concerns about him. The couple said Harrell’s mother and stepfather moved out of the home about two weeks before Somer’s disappearance.

i just love Dena...every time I see her I just want to wrap my arms around her. She is so passionate and speaks so firmly yet very eloquently. When she said she wants Somer's killer to die, she wants him to get the death penalty, I just wanted to jump up and shout "h3ll yes! You go Dena!"

I don't know how these things work, but one thing I do know - there is NO excuse for a person to sexually abuse a child. NONE.

I feel that a person who was previously abused either as a child or later on in life, KNOWS of the ill effects of the abuse. They know of the physical and emotional scars, they know about the traumatizing effects that last a lifetime.

I have never understood the reasoning of those who claim to abuse because they were abused as children. I just cannot see it.

I do believe that the behavior is either a learned one (hanging out with same-type people,) or is inherited (thus the child becomes abuser not because of the abuse but because of his inherited wiring.)

I know I'm theorizing here, but every time a case like Somer's becomes public and it turns out it is a sex offender (even if not registered) who is the perpetrator, it makes me feel helpless and so disillusioned with the "human" race.

All children should be allowed their chance to achieve their full potential in life, not having their chance ruined by selfish and inhumane monsters who have no love for anyone but themselves.

If it turns out this man is guilty, I hope that the punishment is the most severe the system can muster.

I agree that there is no excuse and what kills me is how many of these freaks get let off with a slap on the wrist and a free pass to commit other crimes.

These freaks can't be rehabilitated and sometimes being on a registry isn't enough since many of them don't register new addresses when they move.

Poor little Somer, I am really glad to see that justice may finally be served for her, such a sad case

It is tempting to second guess "if only"...I think that they probably didn't have real proof that the child *advertiser censored* was Harrell's, the "chain of evidence" was murky, with roomates who were angry at him over the stolen ipod etc, that computer was in their house a week before they looked at it etc

what a sad story, at least some closure for the poor mother and maybe now all the accusations against her and anyone she knew will rightfully die down

Maybe some good will come from this : a renewed effort against child *advertiser censored*, increased penalties, automatic sentencing, Jessica's Law etc for creeps who have this sort of stuff on their computers

35c0mkn.jpg

2q8vqmd.jpg

Screen caps of the vigil @1 min. 28 sec.
It really looks like him, in my opinion.
met_JarredHarrell021.jpg

Just for now, please do not post about the POI's mother and stepfather.

The mods are discussing what--if any--boundaries we need to have in place around that.

I will let you know as soon as I know.

Thanks!

Hoppy

More employment info from jacksonville.com article:

Queen City Recycling in Meridian at the time of his arrest - an operations manager for the company that owns Queen City Recycling said he never worked there.

Worked for at least a brief period n the food court of the Orange Park Mall.

COJ IT job - He got rejected for an information technology job with the City of Jacksonville in 2006. Someone more qualified was hired. (lol, I'll bet!)

Harrell's resume submitted for the city job shows that he worked jobs as a

thrift store floor salesman,
a pizza deliveryman
a cashier

in Mississippi between 2001 and 2005.

[btw - you can write on your myspace that you have a Phd in Economics or are employed as the Prime Minister of Canada if you want to. I'm def NOT beating up on cajgirl's find.]

which is exactly why i thought the myspace was fake... just a bunch of BS to make ppl think he was something that he wasnt...

I keep wondering why they are raking and digging in both yards on Gano that they have searched. It must have been something they found in the dump with her. Maybe she could have been put in one of those brown heavy paper leaf bags with rakings.

I keep thinking about the *rumored* puppy.

puppy hair. in yard. & on somer?

(I hope they have more than that to match, of course. And, so far I've only seen one neighbor discuss the puppy at that address...and who knows if that's accurate.)

But, yeah, it makes you wonder what's so unique or what it is that might be raked/dug out of the yard that they'd do that for...

35c0mkn.jpg

2q8vqmd.jpg

Screen caps of the vigil @1 min. 28 sec.
It really looks like him, in my opinion.
met_JarredHarrell021.jpg

I'm on the fence, i do see a resemblance but the guy in video looks a bit older and a bit bigger to me.

Just for now, please do not post about the POI's mother and stepfather.

The mods are discussing what--if any--boundaries we need to have in place around that.

I will let you know as soon as I know.

Thanks!

Hoppy

Hoppy, I used the exact street addresses (Wells Rd. and Gano Ave.) before because they are being published everywhere (newspapers, TV and online news) and they are also listed on the arrest record (public record).

http://www.news4jax.com/download/2010/0212/22538536.pdf

I know it's hard monitoring these boards, so I apologize for it and hope to read what you guys decide about the "boundaries."

:)

The arrest warrant on that link is different from the one I saw last night. Different dates and signatures. Hmmm...

can u link me to video please

I would like to see the video, too. It would be helpful to see who this person is standing next to, like the person we were discussing this morning in the white t-shirt. I am undecided-need to see the video first-could be same person we were looking at this morning.

My gut and my head both tell me they got the guy that did this.

It now makes sense of why LE was sitting in the park for several weeks before Somer was taken. The POI could maybe see that park from his window.

Somer could have already been in the house, even though the Police were sitting there. The thought of that breaks my heart for everyone.

My gut and my head both tell me they got the guy that did this.

I agree, I don't think they would have called him a POI so quickly if they didn't have something solid. I think they are just tying up the loose ends and letting him sweat it out till they get him back to Clay County. I think too they have been watching him sweat for a while and thats one of the reasons he high tailed to Mississippi. Maybe he realized he was under surveilance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member