Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I have read that about JH.

Aunt says he was gentle, lazy, never would hurt anyone.

Boss says he was fired for temper.

Mom asked the roommates if JH could move in with them.

JH was home schooled before coming to FL.

JH is a thief according to roommates.

Is the Callahan house vacant too? I guess I was thinking the Gano house, as, per info, his parents had moved out and he was the only one using it.

Gads. He planned this. He was displaced and upset and he planned something to compensate for his bad feelings.

:furious:

And, we also know there was a search warrent for his computer in early October. He may have known he was going down on that and figured why not go ahead and act on his "urges". :furious:

What did he have to lose??? KWIM

Or, maybe he had no source to continue his sick "pastime" of watching child *advertiser censored*. He would know what ever computer he would touch would be searched.

So, he felt he needed to find another way to satisfy himself and thought he may be able to get away with it.

SICK

If le was following his cell phone pings, they could have had an idea where he went.

IMO the home in Callahan could be the crime scene.

Looking at the view of the Gano home from the maps, the shed sitting near the house gave me a creepy feeling. This shed sits right next to a fence line dividing two properties. When I looked at the shed, I could see Somer hiding behind that fence waiting to scare her siblings as they came by. My gut tells me that part of this crime took place in the shed. I suspect that they stored the trash cans in this shed, thus that is where Somer's body was at some point. I'd read somewhere that his shed had been moved to the new house, but I cannot find where I read that. I did read that they were paying particular interest in this shed here http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/exclusive-diena-thompson-mother-murdered-somer-thompson-remembers/story?id=9821495

I also saw a video where they showed a trash can near the house. It was one of those residential trash cans that is usually rented (not a large commercial one). These smaller rented trash cans are generally no-touch garbage collection, the truck pulls along side of it and two arms come out and pick it up, dumping it over the top of the truck. That would explain why none of the trash collectors noticed anything.

If it is true that the shed was moved to the new home, it would make sense as to why they are searching that home as well, even if the POI was never at that home. (Don't know if someone is in the area and can verify whether that shed is still at the house on Gano or not...I could not see it in any of the videos.)

I believe they are searching the yard for small things that could have fallen off during a struggle....commonly, they find things like buttons, clasps, jewelry, buckles, and even the smallest of fingernails.

Is the Callahan house vacant too? I guess I was thinking the Gano house, as, per info, his parents had moved out and he was the only one using it.

Gads. He planned this. He was displaced and upset and he planned something to compensate for his bad feelings.

:furious:

I think family lives in the Callahan house.

I agree and I bet he blamed his displacement on the girl roommate.

This really has me wondering about the burned out house now 1 block from where he was living. What caused that fire.

I think it's very possible that the crime scene is in two places. 1) the house on Gano 2) the house in Callahan ... maybe he cleaned up in Callahan... I just have a hard time believing that with as open as that street is, that he was able to do this in broad open daylight with no one seeing anything. He basically had what? an hour or so ? They searched all over but missed this house with a guy that could have been being watched already? that part doesnt make sense to me. I'm leaning more towards 2 crime scenes...

On GMA they said that there was a shed that had been moved to the Callahan address from the Gano address. (fwiw, if anything.)

You know what worries me? Have any other children been reported missing between FL and MS or in MS since the time he moved there? I wonder if LE is looking at him being a POI other child abductions in FL. This blows me away, that he was such a close neighbor. Get to know your neighbors folks! Especially those who set off the hinky meter!

I wonder if he continued to wash his car and smoked ciggies outside after the crime. Bet not.

I think family lives in the Callahan house.

I agree and I bet he blamed his displacement on the girl roommate.

This really has me wondering about the burned out house now 1 block from where he was living. What caused that fire.

I'm with you on that. What and who caused that fire. It would have given him a better view of the park. just thinking.

Thanks LFlorida:

It would make sense about the searching the landfill.

But LE said they followed the trucks because of a hunch from a detective. I don't know which detective...the name has changed several times.

I wonder if he continued to wash his car and smoked ciggies outside after the crime. Bet not.

His passive aggresive stalking style of children is creepy for sure. Yea, I'll bet he laid low after Somer's disappearance and then he moved out of the area.

I keep thinking about the past few months. He was into computers obviously.

I wonder how many times he read here. Kinda makes me quiver.

I bet he was smug.

The arrest warrant on that link is different from the one I saw last night. Different dates and signatures. Hmmm...

Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but from my limited knowledge, aren't pedophiles usually drawn to other pedophiles? Seems like they are often part of "rings" - especially on the internet.

Y'all just be careful what you click on.

[Just sayin', ya know?]

carp, and even as I try to post this, I get an error msg about a security token missing. grrr...

I wonder if he had a beard and./or mustache at the time. Is he a guy that was handing out flyers?

Dawn Nuss, a resident whose daughter walked home from school with Somer, told the Associated Press that Somer would often stop at that particular house and pet a white dog kept there. Nuss said she had never seen anyone come out of the house.

The arrest of Jared Harrell might be an indication that the Clay County Sheriff's Office have enough evidence to begin building a case of kidnapping and perhaps murder against the 24-year-old man. The Sheriff's Office has never disclosed the details surrounding Somer Thompson's death, including the cause of death, but given his proximity to the place of disappearance and his alleged predilection for child *advertiser censored*, Clay County authorities will no doubt attempt to build at least a circumstantial case against Harrell. At the very least, Harrell may have information that could lead to those responsible for the abduction and death of little Somer Thompson.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...terest_named_in_somer_thompson_pg2.html?cat=8

I keep thinking about the past few months. He was into computers obviously.

I wonder how many times he read here. Kinda makes me quiver.

I bet he was smug.

Ewww... excellent point. When you search Somer (or Haleigh), guess what shows up in the first page of results? W/S. [At least on my search results.]

Yep, I'll bet he did read here a time or two. Oh well, we were pretty off-track, so hopefully we helped out in a back-handed kind of way.

Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but from my limited knowledge, aren't pedophiles usually drawn to other pedophiles? Seems like they are often part of "rings" - especially on the internet.

Y'all just be careful what you click on.

[Just sayin', ya know?]

carp, and even as I try to post this, I get an error msg about a security token missing. grrr...

I would venture to say that you are right. Birds of a feather flock together and all that stuff. Just look how we sleuths form friendships, exchange e-mails. etc. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member