FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaniya Davis's body was found in her tshirt and, I believe, her panties. She had been raped.

That may be debatable:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6426418/

One man who found the body said the girl was lying on the ground and was wearing only a T-shirt.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...ders.net/2009/11/17/shaniya-davis-found-dead/
She was found dead, decomposing, next to a deer carcass, wearing only a tshirt.

Shaniya Davis's body was found in her tshirt and, I believe, her panties. She had been raped.

Yes, and that's exactly how she left the house that morning. In an oversized t-shirt and panties.

ETA:
And, also seen on the video at the hotel in that shirt and panties.

ETAagain: Now that I'm thinking about it, she may not have had her panites on when found. I'll have to go check.

ETA again: Thanks for clearing that up Belimom.

Krowdkat, I swear I read a book that was loosely based on those murders. Can't remember the name of it but there was a serial killer leaving kids bodies along the roads outside of detroit. Had some stuff in it about crooked DA's. It was a pretty good book.

I haven't read any books on the case, but I moved to MI in 1983 and my significant other told me all about the fear in the community. Professor Robinson was one of the most kind and excellent professors I have ever had. There was a quiet sadness about him. Then after I moved to my current home (15 years ago), I found out my across the street neighbor actually dated him sometime after his daughter was discovered murdered. My handy carpenter and up the street neighbor disclosed that he and his buddy actually found her body in a snow bank after Christmas. They ran home and told their parents who then called Troy police. Talk about 6 degrees of seperation.

The case is still being investigated but many believe the perp/perps are actually dead.

It is so high profile I would think Corey would be the one to prosecute.

The child *advertiser censored* charges?

Or do you mean Somer's murder trial?

ETA
Because without the connection to Somer, Harrell's *advertiser censored* charges are not that high profile, are they?

We knew she was found in Georgia and she was found before she was buried in the dump so I always read that statement as they found her before she was buried with tons of garbage at the dump. I think the police spokeswoman told us just how it was done but she left out they did some searching at the transfer station.

The backend of the process would be buried in the dump.

You are so right!! Don't understand why that can't be understood.

CCSO is under no obligation to tell us anything until they are ready to charge someone. Period! Why should they explain everything to the public and chance hurting the case against whoever killed Somer??

And about the interview do you really believe the media over LE? I sure don't! Learned many years ago they screw up every story they write or tell. Either adding to or removing. They are know for taking a few clues and blowing them totally out of context just to have a story. Personally as much as I'd like to know what is going on I"M GLAD our Sheriff is not releasing what they have, why should he take that chance. I think we all need to just chill and wait until the time is right and LE will let us know.

I don't understand why we keep going over the same things over and over that has been discussed since day one and answered over and over. It's not going to change the answer and certainly not going to make LE tell us something that is not true to shut us up. They only want to tell us the truth when the time is right. JMO

But, we don't know for sure if Somer had her panites and pants on when found.

Either way, I think she may have been raped. *I HATE TYPING THAT*

Regardless of what our interpretation is of the statements, she was buried in tons of trash, just not as many tons as if she had undergone the entire process at the Georgia landfill and not been found.

Somer's murder trial.

Thank you. Just for clarification, my response to Eyes4crime was in regard to who would be prosecuting Jarred's *advertiser censored* trial.

And my answer to that depends on whether he is eventually connected to Somer.

Eyes4crime:
Just a couple comments:

Do we know for sure who is prosecuting JH regarding the child *advertiser censored*? And if there are more charges regarding Somer, do we know for sure Corey will be the prosecuting attorney? How about the Asst. States Attorney?

I can think of a couple reasons Somer may not have been raped:
...The perp was interrupted and short of time - had to get rid of the body
...Murderer used Somer for other purposes

Seems to me that I've read cases where the rapist didn't take ALL the child (victim) clothes off. I remember thinking she could have been partially dressed. Somer may have had on an identifying top with her legs sticking out unclothed, and identified by a tattoo on her leg - could mean she was found 1/2 clothed. MOO

Regardless of what our interpretation is of the statements, she was buried in tons of trash, just not as many tons as if she had undergone the entire process at the Georgia landfill and not been found.

Buried and amongst are two different words. She was probably no deeper in garbage when she was found then she was in the truck when first picked up and taken to the Station.

At the dump in just a few days she could have been buried under more garbage, dirt placed on top of that then buried under more garbage.

Thank you. Just for clarification, my response to Eyes4crime was in regard to who would be prosecuting Jarred's *advertiser censored* trial.

thanks Noway for the response. Child *advertiser censored* is a federal offense - and I would think that if he goes to trial for *advertiser censored* charges it would be the States Attorney. If he is charged with the murder of Somer, I would think a DA representing Clay County would do the prosecuting.

Buried and amongst are two different words. She was probably no deeper in garbage when she was found then she was in the truck when first picked up and taken to the Station.

At the dump in just a few days she could have been buried under more garbage, dirt placed on top of that then buried under more garbage.

Fessel, I swear I read somewhere that they did not have to dig at all. That she "popped to the surface" or words to that effect.

ETA
I misread but this is the article:
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/search_for_somer_thompson_experts_say_landfill_forensics_search_isnt_eas

"Even in a fresh situation like they were dealing with [in the Somer case], unless you're so lucky that the body just pops out on top, you're going to have to do some excavation," said Paul Laska, a forensic consultant in Palm City. As a crime-scene investigator, he spent a month in 1993 excavating a Martin County landfill looking for a little girl's body.

Fessel, I swear I read somewhere that they did not have to dig at all. That she "popped to the surface" or words to that effect.

Yes, I think I remember them saying her partially covered leg/legs were sticking out from under. So I am assuming the top protion of her body was covered by garbage and the lower part was exposed. So, not deep at all. IMO

She might have, just imagine a semi trailer backs up to dump, the trailer rasies up and the driver pulls ahead dumping the garbage on the ground. They would have a line of garbage as long as the length of the trailer and some of that garbage would be on top of the pile some would spill and fall off to the side of the long pile.

I was just answering the part of her question you did not.

(well not really, i misread it. LOL LOL)

thanks Noway for the response. Child *advertiser censored* is a federal offense - and I would think that if he goes to trial for *advertiser censored* charges it would be the States Attorney. If he is charged with the murder of Somer, I would think a DA representing Clay County would do the prosecuting.

Any idea who that would be? Is this accurate?

ETA: County Attorney
The County Attorney is Mark H. Scruby, who was appointed to the position on a full-time basis effective October 1, 1989. He is a graduate of Furman University (B.A. 1979), and of the University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1982). Email correspondence may be addressed to: Mark.Scruby@co.clay.fl.us

http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Attorneys/Attorneys.htm

I thought Fessel was right and Angela Corey would be involved.

ETA
I misread but this is the article:
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/search_for_somer_thompson_experts_say_landfill_forensics_search_isnt_eas

"Even in a fresh situation like they were dealing with [in the Somer case], unless you're so lucky that the body just pops out on top, you're going to have to do some excavation," said Paul Laska, a forensic consultant in Palm City. As a crime-scene investigator, he spent a month in 1993 excavating a Martin County landfill looking for a little girl's body.

I just read that article Noway and I don't think anything that guy said had to do with the kind of search they were doing for Somer. They were just dumping those truck loads and the guys going through them first before they allowed the bulldozers spread out the garbage.

Any idea who that would be? Is this accurate?

ETA: County Attorney
The County Attorney is Mark H. Scruby, who was appointed to the position on a full-time basis effective October 1, 1989. He is a graduate of Furman University (B.A. 1979), and of the University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1982). Email correspondence may be addressed to: Mark.Scruby@co.clay.fl.us

http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Attorneys/Attorneys.htm

I thought Fessel was right and Angela Corey would be involved.

I have no idea! Could be the Asst. States Attorney for all I know.

Here in Illinois, States Attorney, Lisa Madigan, is known for her convictions of sex offenders. If she had her way, there would be an island for all child predators to die on. But she doesn't prosecute them all - hardly.

Noway, it looks like a States Attorney covers a certain amount of Counties in Florida.

You can see the ones Corey covers here.

http://www.sao4th.com/

Every dang link on the page is a pdf. LOL LOL

Now I don't know maybe all the counties are divided into circuits and she is the head of them all. Let me keep checking.

LOL, Fessel ... I know ... I was on that page before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably