FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Mrs. Linky Link...lol
I knew you would not stop til you found it.

I wonder how rare molestation by someone who looks at a lot of child *advertiser censored* is?

We know he's touched at least one other child.

And I agree he killed Somer to shut her up.

I thought the touching was so that he'd get the photos/videos he wanted.

But that in doing so, he broke the law.

I cannot bring myself to discuss that any further.

Oh, I think he molested the 3 year old.
He got the pic/video but IMO he did more than just pose her. KWIM

He is one Sick B*s**advertiser censored*d.

Even if he didn't, I think we now know he sexually abused Somer.
So, IMO his *advertiser censored* habit did lead to other things. In turn, those other things led to the murder of Somer. Because, if he would not have "just had" to do what he did to her, there would have been no reason to murder her to shut her up.

So basically, you can say his *advertiser censored* habit led to Somer's death. Even if he did not intend on it initially.

Yeah, I think there are some differences between non profit and not for profit.
I think the laws are a little looser for not for profit.

The Somer Thompson Foundation, Inc. is non-profit.

I found this on the 501(c)3

http://www.amerilawyer.com/fl_501c3corporation.htm#whatis501c3

WHAT IS 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPTION? Return to Menu
A 501(c)(3) organization is a non-profit corporation formed to carry out a charitable, religious, literary, educational or scientific purpose that is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax exempt. Such a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation doesn’t pay federal or state corporate income tax on profits it makes from events carried out in furtherance of its exempt function. In essence, this is because both state and federal taxing authorities believe that the benefits the public receives from these organizations entitle them to this advantageous tax exempt status. These corporations are known as 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations because they are granted tax exempt status from Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal revenue Code.

I'm still digging trying to find the laws of how the foundation's money is overseen/used.
If there is a certain % that goes to charity...if so, what is that %.

I have PMd someone who may have the answer.

That is really wonderful, and it would be nice to see Deina hand the first cheque from this foundation to the first recipient.

I know my hope is not a realistic one, but I hope there is NEVER a recipient from this foundation and I believe you do as well, because that would mean the end of murdering little children....that there would be NO MORE. But every day we hear about more and more children being murdered and their little bodies left to rot and this will, no doubt, continue as long as there is that kind of evil in this world.

As far as people who are tried and convicted of sexually abusing children, I would say the punishment for that crime should be GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO, and while you are there, get prepared to have your offending body part removed with little or no anesthesia.

I'm paraphrasing an article I read ... which talked about different foundations having different admin costs ... like a food bank only spending 2% on admin costs while a fancy schmancy foundation would have higher admin costs (e.g., 18%).

So it is going to vary from foundation to foundation as far as admin costs.

ETA
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
To maintain its status as a charitable foundation, it must donate at least 5% of its assets each year.[14]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_Foundation[/ame]

I agree New1, that's the only way it will stop.

But, since we all know it will happen again, I hope the foundation can make a difference in the lives of families that need it.

Noway,

Do you know if there is a way those costs are overseen?
I would think there would be laws about that since the foundation is non-profit.

I guess I mean, like the board members could not make money off of the foundation because it's non-profit right?

FYI

How much of my contribution is actually spent for the purpose of the solicitation?

Every organization has administrative expenses, such as salaries, rent, utilities, telephones, etc. Therefore, the amount spent for the organization's stated purpose will vary depending on the individual organization.

Some organizations may spend as much as 95 percent on their purpose or cause, while others as little as 1 percent - with the remaining portion devoted to administration.

Some organizations hire businesses - professional fund-raisers - to solicit contributions on their behalf In those situations, the businesses are paid a portion of the money collected for their efforts.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that solicitation of contributions is a form of speech and, therefore, no government entity can limit how much an organization may spend on fund raising, administrative fees, etc. It is up to the prospective donor to ask for the financial information before making a contribution.

So are you saying the board members could collect a sallary?

I thought that was so in not-for-profit, but not for non-profit.

I'm so dad gum confused.

? non profit and not for profit. JMO but to me, it means the same thing.

From Cathdawg's link above:

Do solicitors have to provide me with financial information about the organization if I request it?

• According to the Solicitation of Contributions Act, if you request it, the organization must advise you who to contact to obtain the information. The information must be provided to you within 14 days.
  • Federal law also requires that a copy of the IRS tax return must be made available upon request.
  • Consumers also can get information about registered organizations from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

And later

How do I check on an organization?

• Both the National Charities Information Bureau (NCIB) and the Better Business Bureau Philanthropic Society (BBBPS) have set their own standards, including record keeping, expenditures, etc., for organizations that solicit contributions. They publish a list indicating whether organizations have met their standards.
  • Prospective donors should also contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' Florida only toll-free hotline at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) to verify registration and financial information, or visit our online Gift Givers' Guide. If you are calling from outside Florida call 850-488-2221.

I am not an expert but after following the Anthony's and Kidfinder's saga , I think they can take salaries and the cost of this would come under Admin costs.

I don't know that this explains it that well but I think from a legal standpoint, there is a difference. The public uses them interchangeably.
http://www.bankersonline.com/compliance/guru2005/gurus_cmp041805g.html

snipped
In many states there are laws permitting the chartering of non-corporate associations (almost universally non-profits). In those states, these non-corporate associations are separate legal entities, too.

Groups from either list can obtain non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Code. Whether they qualify for NOW account status will depend upon the paragraph of the IRS under which they receive their letter of determination from the IRS.

Is "RI" (from the PDF of the Foundation) also known as the "Bobby Ingram" of Molly Hatchet? Or is that just one weird coincidence?

ETA
Took out name of RI in case we're not supposed to use their names.

? non profit and not for profit. JMO but to me, it means the same thing.

I think there are different laws and guidelines for the two.

The Somer Thompson Foundation, Inc. is a non-proift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably