FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone live in the camper?Who lives there?
I do not think anyone lives in the camper, but it is parked right next to the fence by the 1080 home....I think it even has a "for sale" sign leaning up on it....let me post that pic again for you....

RANT: I'm so sick of having to worry about stepping on the toes of criminals. I feel that day they chose to touch a child in a way that is not natural is the day they forfiet rights and liberties.
During all of this, I went to family watchdog site and found a man in my small town that has been CONVICTED 5 times for molestation. You can pretty much bet he has done it a lot more times that 5. He lives about a block from the school my daughter goes to. I had no idea he existed till a sleuther gave me the link to the site. The site I always go to is thru Louisiana State Police. That site only gives you the ones in your "area". I guess the 3 or 5 mile radius of your house.
I will never, for the life of me, understand why SO's are roaming the streets. People who sell dope on the corner to consenting adults who pay for it get much more time in prison than these animals.
I don't get it and I think it is time for a change!!!

Wait a minute. Something happened here, I'm usually the one that thinks unicorns, not horses, and everyone tells me my theories are too out there.
On this one, I am hearing an ordinary, everyday sicko pedophile horse and every one else is going after zebras.
This is officially the most confusing case in a while.

LMAO - you've had a rough couple of days here haven't you nmk?

102_1639.jpg

Bodies have been found who were dead a week or more and still recognizable, believe it or not.
As for NG saying that the perp tried to dispose of her body in a landfill, trash from dumpsters does eventually end up in a landfill, so that is partially correct. Don't know about FL, but around here, not just anyone can get into a landfill... they are not accessible to someone who doesn't have authorization to enter. They are fenced in, with a locked gate.

Right, not to get horribly graphic but the birthmark would likely still be visible. After three days the facial features would be distorted by bloating and swelling, if she was face down there would be severe discoloration, not to mention they would not want to roll her over until all of the crime scene had been processed as found. And all of that also assumes that her face did have any trauma inflicted upon it prior to death. They are simply specifying how they IDed her at the scene without DNA confirmation. The clothes match and an identifying mark on her body has been verified.

DUH!!!!!!! Thanks Kimberly - I couldn't figure that one out for the love of Pete!

kwim = know what I mean

Don't feel bad. For my few first weeks here, I thought KWIM was a poster here that everyone was fond of.

Wait a minute. Something happened here, I'm usually the one that thinks unicorns, not horses, and everyone tells me my theories are too out there.
On this one, I am hearing an ordinary, everyday sicko pedophile horse and every one else is going after zebras.
This is officially the most confusing case in a while.

I feel the same way. I don't think Somer's mom or her brother had anything at all to do with this. It just has the earmarks of a sick psycho that goes after kids, and when they're done, they dump them like garbage. Not too many moms will throw their own child in a dumpster. They would bury them somewhere. And I don't think Diena knows who did it, she might have suspicions... but her reactions have been normal, IMO.

kwim = know what I mean

Don't feel bad. For my few first weeks here, I thought KWIM was a poster here that everyone was fond of.

That's what I was thinking! Then I thought it might be one of the SPs or SOs that when I blinked, I missed his picture:eek:

I may live to regret saying this one day, but odviously we live in a jacked up world, if you take the correct precautions with your children, (i.e. not letting them walk over a mile home from school alone) you really can help protect them. I may not have the expereince to justify my statement (15 month old daughter) but I would be damned sure my child had a bus or local mother to get my child home from school if it was that far away. While I am on my soap box let me also say that this is another one of the reasons I hate divorce. In no way am I saying that if the parents were still together that Somer would be alive, but if both parents were invloved then possibly they could have found a way to drive the children to and from school. I know that as parents we should not have to worry about our children walking home from school, but this is the frustrating world we all live in.:furious:

I agree, and with the same sentiment, I believe that NOT ONE SCHOOL DISTRICT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA should turn a child away from riding a bus because of the mileage.
I am appalled that in the US of America we feed inmates 3 meals a day, yet can't put a child on a bus that lives a couple of miles away?
I would never let my child walk to school even 3 blocks away with the world we live in today, and to be honest with you, If I were this family I would sue the hell out of the school district for not providing public transportation to a public school for an elementary school student...I don't agree with why people sue for frivolous reasons, but gee, these are our children! Parents in most situations do the best they can do, but what about the school district itself? Why is it that the ADULTS running this school find it okay for little children to walk a mile home? Why is it that we can send inmates to school for free in prison in the state of Florida, yet can't make sure that all vulnerable children have a bus ride home?
:banghead:

I think this was 161 SOs ... of course not all are sexual predators and not all were sexual predators with victims under 12 years old.

OT (sort of)
If anyone remembers seeing a male, expert of some kind, possibly on JVM or NG, talking about sexual offenders not normally moving outside the age range of their victims, let me know.

He said you wouldn't normally see someone rape a 20-something year old woman and then rape a 6 year old (paraphrased). This would have been last week sometime.

I was in and out of the room and only caught what he said at the end of him saying it.
Right, I saw that, too.
Leopards and spots kinda thing.

question....wonder what the Mom told the boyfriend on the phone, when she called from work, to make him stop and get the little twin boy? I would think it would be much easier and faster to search as an adult, and not having to watch a child in the process...just a thought....

RANT: I'm so sick of having to worry about stepping on the toes of criminals. I feel that day they chose to touch a child in a way that is not natural is the day they forfiet rights and liberties.
During all of this, I went to family watchdog site and found a man in my small town that has been CONVICTED 5 times for molestation. You can pretty much bet he has done it a lot more times that 5. He lives about a block from the school my daughter goes to. I had no idea he existed till a sleuther gave me the link to the site. The site I always go to is thru Louisiana State Police. That site only gives you the ones in your "area". I guess the 3 or 5 mile radius of your house.
I will never, for the life of me, understand why SO's are roaming the streets. People who sell dope on the corner to consenting adults who pay for it get much more time in prison than these animals.

As long as people continue to believe these people can be fixed or control their behavior they will continue to be out among us. It is ridiculous. It does not matter one iota how they became defective, their sexual wiring is messed up and it cannot be fixed. No amount of therapy, drugs or surgery would change what you or I find sexually fulfilling and nothing is going to change what they find sexually gratifying.

Picture any animal on the planet that has identified a pack member that is defective and a threat to the offspring of the pack that responds by leaving that defective member among the ranks and with access to the cubs. It would never happen, it is not natural, it is not productive to the species. Mama Bear would kill it before letting it near her cubs.

I agree, and if that SO was in my neighborhood, he'd better hope that he never runs into a mother like me...
I firmly believe that until our jails are overcrowded with parents who take matters into their own hands, nothing in our laws will change..
I'm up for the challenge though..no mercy coming from this mother!

question....wonder what the Mom told the boyfriend on the phone, when she called from work, to make him stop and get the little twin boy? I would think it would be much easier and faster to search as an adult, and not having to watch a child in the process...just a thought....

At the risk of sounding like an idiot:

Huh?

True. But who would know her better (and where she might go) than her twin? That's what I thought anyway.

is it normal for the police to not tell a parent what they know?

Yes, and not just because the parent is a suspect. Police often give families NO information at all, even if an investigation goes on for years and it is clear that the family is not involved (e.g., the child was abducted or killed in a public place, the child is a teenager or adult and the parents are in another state, etc.).

Think of it this way: if you tell an ordinary secret--something that you want held in confidence--to another person, that person can inadvertently slip and reveal the information. So we are smart and we don't tell those things that we want to keep private. If the police tell parents "everything," then many, many things will leak out if the parents are overheard, slip up, etc. Not to mention that the suspects may be relatives, neighbors, friends, or others.

I'm not sure why people believe that parents are told everything by police. There are hundreds of cases in which parents have said publicly that LE doesn't tell them anything even though they aren't suspects. And if parents are told anything, they are likely told not to let on what they know. So there is no way that WE can tell, based on what parents SEEM to know or not know, whether parents are "suspects" or "guilty" or "know more than they are telling." We also can't know what LE will NEVER tell parents because it is unnecessarily cruel or gratuitous or because the information is crucial to identifying the perpetrator or because the evidence is crucial to a conviction. And we can't know what LE might be telling parents that isn't true and is designed to trip them up (see the Susan Smith case as a prime example).

I do think that a parent's general affect might say something if it is very "off"--but that, too, is dangerous. Better to try statement analysis to see what indicators there might be that the statements aren't true. And even statement analysis won't indicate guilt--just that a statement may be false and require follow-up questioning.

Usually when parents are guilty it is the story that is unbelievable. (The nanny took the child and the mother hasn't seen her for a month; a random black man carjacked me in the middle of nowhere and took the kids along for the ride even though no one saw it; the mom just got out of jail for cracking a baby's skull but the older child has been kidnapped...). Once a body is found there is a lot of forensic evidence that will sort things out quickly. There may well be some connection between the family and the killer, even if it is just a neighborhood one, but that doesn't mean that the family members are responsible for what happened. But at least in this case, we are likely to get a resolution.

No offense to anyone who uses it, but KWIM bugs me so much, LOL! I can't read it as 'know what I mean' but as "KWIM." Like "SWIM." If I could ban an acronym from the planet, it'd be that one.

On topic? I'll be really curious to see what this profile says, but won't it trend SO by default? I mean, horses, not zebras, all that. A female child disappears during an apparent stranger abduction. You don't have to be a behavioral science expert to nail that one. I'm not sure it'll be that helpful if they're not exploring other scenarios. Which maybe they are, but the focus certainly seems to be on SOs because that's the most logical given what we were told.

I betcha I bug you a lot... lol (kwim)
I love acronyms- have to use them all day long with my job. :)

Profilers like suppose Dayle Hinman... ever watch her? Most of the time she doesn't say anthing that LE shouldn't already know. IMO - kwim?

As for the behavioral science issue, well I will post my opinion about the BSU original posting and that one post alone completely changed the direction of this board. IDK could just be... kwim?

At any rate- anyone every know of a perp or RSO to come to boards?
Is it possible for that to happen and change our course? Could we have been going down a hot trail and got derailed?

IDK.... :)

I love opinions and all angels.... kwim?

:)

As long as people continue to believe these people can be fixed or control their behavior they will continue to be out among us. It is ridiculous. It does not matter one iota how they became defective, their sexual wiring is messed up and it cannot be fixed. No amount of therapy, drugs or surgery would change what you or I find sexually fulfilling and nothing is going to change what they find sexually gratifying.

Picture any animal on the planet that has identified a pack member that is defective and a threat to the offspring of the pack that responds by leaving that defective member among the ranks and with access to the cubs. It would never happen, it is not natural, it is not productive to the species. Mama Bear would kill it before letting it near her cubs.

ITA Impatientredhead!
The fact they are the first people that are looked at at a time like this should tell our country something shoudn't it??? They will repeat actions, its only a matter of time. So, lets check them out first, then investigate.
Like the children of our country should have to be at the mercy of these animals. I care a heck of a lot more about our innocent children's rights and liberties that RSO's. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member