Found Deceased FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, will we know the cause of death?

The Medical Examiner is typically responsible for determining the manner and cause of death. If there is foul play involved then the public will be advised on both the manner and cause of death. If this is a case of self-harm, it's likely the information will not be broadcast and/or published out of respect to the decedent and her family. However, the laws of Florida do provide where the public can request a copy of the autopsy report.

Frequently Asked Questions - Medical Examiner

Thought I would share this after seeing questions about SH's 2000 Tahoe. Vehicles in 2000 had electronics, computerization, etc. (I'm feeling ancient having to say that). Whether the automatic windows, locks, airbags, keyless entry, automatic hatch, etc still worked is something we don't know.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...19-chevrolet-suburban-tahoe-owners-manual.pdf
Yes ..... nearly everything is electronic and computerized ... I have extensive experience as an autobody technician so here is some trivia that may or may not apply to this case:

-- most GM vehicles come standard with electric locks and windows ... at one time they were optional equipment ... but the old mechanical window cranks and heavy mechanisms were set aside because electric was lighter and cheaper and easily mass produced

--- Many GM vehicles will automatically lock all the doors when gearshift is put in drive ... it is considered a safety measure so passengers (children) cannot open the doors and fall out. ... if a person accidentally drives into a pond the engine will stop running immediately but the locks and windows should work for a minute or two ... the problem is most people (including me) would not think to put the sinking car into "park" to get the doors to unlock.

“Stephanie’s anxieties depression led to a need to escape, a need to literally escape her own skin," Scott Hollingsworth said. "And I feel like for millions of Americans who are feeling those same thoughts and those same feelings, (they) are in such fear of being able to articulate or express what is happening and it’s so much easier for people to bury this deep down inside."
Belle Isle Man Urges Those Battling Anxiety and Depression to Seek Help

I wonder if the autopsy results will be released? nothing local so far that I can find.
JMO
The Medical Examiner is typically responsible for determining the manner and cause of death. If there is foul play involved then the public will be advised on both the manner and cause of death. If this is a case of self-harm, it's likely the information will not be broadcast and/or published out of respect to the decedent and her family. However, the laws of Florida do provide where the public can request a copy of the autopsy report.

Frequently Asked Questions - Medical Examiner

I don't expect anything public here if the investigation is closed. You can always contact the
ME. My experience is they are very prompt to respond.

Family, friends remember Belle Isle mother with sunflowers, tales of ‘glamorous’ woman

10/24/2020

Authorities have not yet determined a cause of death, but Scott Hollingsworth told the audience that his wife had suffered from “demons in disguise.” Before she went missing, the 50-year-old mother was getting ready to undergo rehabilitation for alcohol treatment and suffered from anxiety and depression.

Following the service, he and [Pastor] Harper encouraged attendees to seek counseling and spiritual guidance if they were afflicted with mental health issues.

ETA: Investigators went out of their way to publically clear the husband even before SH was located, and it was pretty clear they had more information to go on than we had. On the other hand, the other FL woman/water case (T Rieker) cite 8 months before the autopsy results available, and that the investigation is very active.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back