GUILTY FL - Steven & Michelle Andrews, both 28, murdered, Fort Myers, 27 Dec 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The news-press.com reader message board is an interesting place (some scary posters there).

Many posting there have heard that Steve was having an affair with a co-worker, and that her boyfriend and father of her child found out, and went to the home and raped Michelle in front of Steve before killing them. The boyfriend is reportedly under surveillance.

IdahoMom said:
The news-press.com reader message board is an interesting place (some scary posters there).

Many posting there have heard that Steve was having an affair with a co-worker, and that her boyfriend and father of her child found out, and went to the home and raped Michelle in front of Steve before killing them. The boyfriend is reportedly under surveillance.

That is awful! :eek: Lots of times these rumors have a grain of truth. How horrible!

Did they find the murder weapon? If not then that is likely what they are looking for. And it also probably means they have had a tip that pointed them in this direction. The article indicates that they are putting up orange flags to indicate that potiential evidence has been found. So there is a possibilty that they are talking to someone in the know.

ShowerSinger said:
My sister lives in Naples. Her office is in this same gated community as this crime. She says the word is that the woman was having an affair, and decided to call it off, and stay with her husband and child. The man she was having the affair with lost it, and he is the #1 suspect. Still, she is so busy with her world, she hasn't been following it, as of late. But, she was at her office this afternoon, and LE assured her, there was nothing for her to be worried about.
Thanks for posting this information. IdahoMom posted a link to a message board that is speculating that it was the husband who was having an affair. So, perhaps, one of them was. Let us know if you hear anything else.

It's so sad. From the looks of the photos posted by IM, they look like such a loving and happy couple. It's too bad that someone took their lives, no matter the reason.

ETA: From what I have read on the message board posted by IM, it sounds like many posters are saying that Steve, the husband, was having an affair with a girl in his office where he worked as a landscape architect. The girlfriend's boyfriend who worked as a mechanic at Sunsports went to their home, tied up Steve, raped the wife and then killed them both. Of course, this could just be wild rumors by several of the posters. So, take it for what it is worth...

This article is worrying me. Plus, why haven't the DNA results arrived yet? I thought the Sheriff was waiting by the phone a week ago!

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060111/NEWS01/601110423/1075

Sheriff's officials announced last week that they have a suspect but said they are waiting for DNA evidence to come back from a laboratory in Ohio.
Investigators searched the area immediately after the crime but were retracing their steps Tuesday. Sheriff's office volunteers and crime-scene technicians hunted for any clues that could link the killer to the crime.

"It's not a last-ditch effort," sheriff's office spokesman Angelo Vaughn said. "This is a double homicide. Things have to be done thoroughly."

...Vaughn wouldn't say whether investigators were looking for a murder weapon, only "anything that may tie into the case."

Cypress Pointe resident Scott Provencher, 34, said he couldn't figure out why investigators were back as he walked his dog near the search crews.

"It makes no sense," he said. "I'm sure they have evidence, but obviously there must be some reasonable doubt. :eek:

"If they had concrete evidence like whatever kind of weapon with fingerprints, it would be a closed case."

nanandjim said:
Thanks for posting this information. IdahoMom posted a link to a message board that is speculating that it was the husband who was having an affair. So, perhaps, one of them was. Let us know if you hear anything else.

It's so sad. From the looks of the photos posted by IM, they look like such a loving and happy couple. It's too bad that someone took their lives, no matter the reason.

ETA: From what I have read on the message board posted by IM, it sounds like many posters are saying that Steve, the husband, was having an affair with a girl in his office where he worked as a landscape architect. The girlfriend's boyfriend who worked as a mechanic at Sunsports went to their home, tied up Steve, raped the wife and then killed them both. Of course, this could just be wild rumors by several of the posters. So, take it for what it is worth...
Hmm...
It would almost make more sense that she was having the affair and wanted to stay with her husband, so the guy got insanely jealous and full of rage and psycho obsession and raped her in front of her husband to make him watch and then killed him because he was the guy she chose over him and her too, because he was so angry.

But who knows.
It could be the other way around, too.

Whoever did this is just sick, sick, sick.

I have a weird thought. Please don't slap me.
But, LE has announced that they have a suspect, they have announced they have him under surveillance, media is all over this. I would bet you couldn't pick up a paper in that area without seeing related headlines, and it would be all over the news.
So what is the perp thinking? He knows he left DNA there. He knows the DNA is being tested. He knows the public is outraged. He knows or thinks that LE is watching him. His only options are to give himself up, run, or wait till they come and get him, or kill himself.
Me, I would figure it was all over and probably give myself up (assuming of course that I would ever commit such a crime). But this guy hasn't. So what is he thinking right now? Does he go about his regular routine without any change? Does he become extra loving toward his loved ones, and try to do the things he knows he will do without after this? Does he appear nervous, and jumpy? He can't talk to anyone, because he knows if he does they may end up on the witness stand against him. Is he relieved that they aren't talking about the DNA right now?
I just wonder what he is thinking about right now.

mysteriew said:
I have a weird thought. Please don't slap me.
But, LE has announced that they have a suspect, they have announced they have him under surveillance, media is all over this. I would bet you couldn't pick up a paper in that area without seeing related headlines, and it would be all over the news.
So what is the perp thinking? He knows he left DNA there. He knows the DNA is being tested. He knows the public is outraged. He knows or thinks that LE is watching him. His only options are to give himself up, run, or wait till they come and get him, or kill himself.
Me, I would figure it was all over and probably give myself up (assuming of course that I would ever commit such a crime). But this guy hasn't. So what is he thinking right now? Does he go about his regular routine without any change? Does he become extra loving toward his loved ones, and try to do the things he knows he will do without after this? Does he appear nervous, and jumpy? He can't talk to anyone, because he knows if he does they may end up on the witness stand against him. Is he relieved that they aren't talking about the DNA right now?
I just wonder what he is thinking about right now.
I was thinking the same thing. I have been reading the other forum that someone listed above and I read some where on that forum in a post that the girlfriend of the supposed suspect has killed herself............I am trying to find any articles that support that but have been unable to.

This is such a sad case I hope they will be able to arrest who ever did this.

Misty,

The females name who supposedly comitted suicide is "Kelly" if that helps any in your search. There was also mention of a CVS? Drug store? I think that is where she worked or maybe where the suicide occured. There is also speculation over on that other board about a public official being involved. This case is quite interesting.

Shadow205 said:
Misty,

The females name who supposedly comitted suicide is "Kelly" if that helps any in your search. There was also mention of a CVS? Drug store? I think that is where she worked or maybe where the suicide occured. There is also speculation over on that other board about a public official being involved. This case is quite interesting.
Thank you for the information - I was trying to read all of the thread at the other site but it is so long & so much bickering etc it is hard to weed through it all.

This case indeed in very interesting and I am suprised I ahve nto heard more about as I am from Minnesota. I did however see their obits in the Minneapolis Star Tribune paper on Sunday.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

http://www.bonitanews.com/news/2006/jan/04/tom_hanson_couples_murder_has_makings_classic_nanc/

snip

Tom Hanson: Couple's murder has the makings for a classic 'Nancy Grace'

By Tom Hanson

Wednesday, January 4, 2006

The murders of Steven and Michelle Andrews in their Gateway home, two days after Christmas, has piqued the curiosity of the area — and soon the nation.

This case is a "Nancy Grace" show in the making. Grace, the outspoken and aggressive former violent crimes prosecutor turned CNN anchor, lives for cases such as one involving this young Fort Myers couple.

Gregg McCrary, a former FBI agent who is the co-author of "Crime Classification Manual," agreed that this case has all of the elements to garner national headlines. And even though local investigators have been understandably tight-lipped with much of the information, McCrary, who has appeared on "Larry King Live" and "Rivera Live" as an expert murder profiler, said the smallest details are telling.

The fact that this isn't a random crime — this according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office — the murder of the couple, both 28, falls into a distinct category.

"Most homicides, in general, are committed by someone the victims knew," said McCrary, who worked for the FBI for 25 years, the final 10 as a behavioral science expert.

"And since you know that this wasn't a random crime there are a couple basic theories you would start with," he added. "You look for something that triggered the (killer's) anger."

Did someone hold a grudge against the victims?

Was one of the victims having an affair?

Was there some sort of love triangle?"

McCrary said this type of a murder, one where the victims were evidently familiar with their assailant, typically is a crime of passion. In these cases, a killer doesn't have a well-thought-out plan and doesn't worry about leaving a trail of fingerprints or DNA, according to McCrary. He understands why the Sheriff's Office is confident that they have a suspect in the double murder and an arrest is near. "This is called affected violence," McCrary said. "We are probably dealing with a non-evidence conscious person who had an emotional breakdown and acted out of raw passion. It's an impulse crime and it's very unlikely (he or she) will kill again." .....

New evidence was shipped Tuesday via overnight express to a private lab in Ohio, where Taylor said the case is the No. 1 priority.

I sure hope whoever the possible "suspect" is that they really are keeping an EYE on.....because whoever it is has to know that they have an "idea/clue" who they are and it wont be long before they arrest them.

Sheriff calls Gateway murder news conference
The sheriff's office will hold a news conference at 5:30 p.m. regarding the Gateway double homicide. Tune to NBC2 News at 5:30 for details from the briefing or check back to this site.

http://www.nbc-2.com/

Could this be the new we're waiting for?

sorry, I took the graphic out. I hope it didn't annoy anyone!

PrayersForMaura said:
BreakingNews.gif

Sheriff calls Gateway murder news conference
The sheriff's office will hold a news conference at 5:30 p.m. regarding the Gateway double homicide. Tune to NBC2 News at 5:30 for details from the briefing or check back to this site.

http://www.nbc-2.com/

Could this be the new we're waiting for?
Ok it is 4:14 Central Standard Time here in MN so what time would that be here???? 7:30 pm??? I can never keep the time zones straight

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM
Back