FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hugs, Ms Suzanne. Maybe this will be the year.

Happy belated birthday, Tammy.
You have a lot of good people searching for you, who care about you.

Hey Suzanne, there's a news article dated 07/12/1983 that offhandedly mentioned something about Linda having another missing child. This is the only mention of her having a missing son that I could find in any of the dozens of news articles I read.

Leppert has been winning talent and beauty contests since age 4 and has appeared in various television shows, commercials and movies. And the stunning girl is up for major roles in three upcoming movies, Curtis said.

"They may be just thinking of her as another runaway," said Curtis, whose son has been missing for five years.

Is this accurate? If so, was he ever found?

Regarding Nancy Kay Brown: There are several news articles about her murder, and the later ones state that sheriff's officials believed she was killed by Christopher Wilder. There are multiple similarities between her case and that of victim Theresa Wait Ferguson: They were about the same age, both attractive brunettes, they disappeared less than one year apart and just 7 miles from each other, and both their bodies were found in Canaveral Groves. Nancy died of blunt force trauma to the head; Wilder is known to have beaten at least one victim to death. There's certainly a stronger case against Wilder than anyone else in Nancy's case.

Is it related to Tammy's disappearance? I don't know, but after plotting the locations of all three aforementioned women's disappearances (and bodies in Nancy and Theresa's cases) onto a map, they all took place alarmingly close to each other. The mall from which Theresa was abducted is 6 miles from where Tammy disappeared and 7 from where Nancy did. Tammy and Nancy were one mile apart on the same street (A1A). Nancy and Theresa were dumped in the same general area. Just thought the closeness of everything would be interesting to mention.

Outside the Wilder angle, I noticed something interesting regarding the theory that someone owed money to Tammy. Suzanne mentioned it all the way back in 2004 on the first page:

There is a new lead out that I hope the cocoa beach police department is following up on. someone said Tammy wanted some money?back that someone owed her and Tammy said if this person did not pay her back she would tell on this person.Maybe she did.This person threatened to kill her.

There is an article from Florida Today dated 03/18/1990 that says Tammy told her mother a friend had bragged to her about a local drug/money laundering scheme. Linda encouraged her to go to police, and the officer who spoke to Tammy (who was interviewed for the article) said Tammy didn't mention being afraid for her life or knowing about a money laundering scheme. Quote: "The best I recollect, the conversation didn't have anything to do with anybody trying to kill her. I think she came in to talk about some stolen property she wanted back."

Do you think this is the same thing the 2004 lead was about? What are you guys' thoughts?

I usually do not discuss on the message boards on my sisters case anymore.Her son was found.He is not missing.I have mentioned a long time ago I do very much think there could be similarities between Nancy Kay Brown and I have always wanted that looked into.They came up missing near the same area.I do not think Nancy Kay Brown was a Christopher Wilder victim.If anyone finds out anything on Nancy Browns case please let me know ok? The CBPD ruled out Christopher Bernard Wilder and John Crutchly as suspects in my sisters disappearance.

My quote

There is a new lead out that I hope the cocoa beach police department is following up on. someone said Tammy wanted some money?back that someone owed her and Tammy said if this person did not pay her back she would tell on this person.Maybe she did.This person threatened to kill her.

I have left this lead for the CBPD and FDLE to handle.If anyone knows more on this please let me know.

I usually do not discuss her case on the message boards anymore.I let the CBPD handle things.I just keep her information out there to help find her.

This is the age progression they made of my sister Tammy to help find her.I have looked for her for a very long time.I care very much of what became of her.I just want to know is she ok. Is she alive or dead?
http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1180588/1

First let me say how sorry I am that you are and have been going through so much, not knowing what happened to your sister. She is lucky to have you on her side. I have not read the whole thread, but I see that you have make great progress with this case since 2004. You have her in NAMUS and NCMC did a beautiful age progression, you have familiar DNA in CODIS. That is amazing and a great credit to you. I work cold cases these days with my local sheriff's office in FL. Has the person that was last with her re-interviewed? Just curious. Is he still around? You can pm me if you are not comfortable posting here.

I don't like how some of the media coverage of Tammy over the years concentrates on (charitably) her pageant queen status, or (less charitably) her *advertiser censored* and *advertiser censored*. They're saying “Look at how hot she was! Of course that was going to get her into trouble. Who wouldn’t want to take her?”
Completely disgusting.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tamm...=hqMUWYnALKusjwTwqayoBw#imgrc=4-81S3GELsuI6M:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 9abad1ad9f8b6526ba262e6447c9a672.jpg
    9abad1ad9f8b6526ba262e6447c9a672.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 161
Here is a link to an episode of the Dennis Farina version of Unsolved Mysteries that contains a segment about Tammy:

https://youtu.be/X7isj5c5Z2k?t=1m27s

Thanks so much for posting it. I hadn't seen it before. It sounds like either the last person with her is lying or whoever she was afraid of found her. Would be nice to find her to bring her family answers

I don't like how some of the media coverage of Tammy over the years concentrates on (charitably) her pageant queen status, or (less charitably) her *advertiser censored* and *advertiser censored*. They're saying “Look at how hot she was! Of course that was going to get her into trouble. Who wouldn’t want to take her?”
Completely disgusting.

If you're talking about the Unsolved Mysteries video, I didn't see it like that. Her family is proud of her for all she accomplished with beauty pageants, modeling and acting. It was very much a part of her life. She was a beautiful girl but 5'4" is very short to be modeling back then. They wanted much taller, especially in NY City if Tammy would have gone there.

The video said Tammy mentioned money laundering which makes me think of cocaine. There was a lot of cocaine in 1983 in NY and New Jersey, no doubt in FL too, especially in the modeling industry. It had been my experience in NY back in 83 and 84. I'm not saying Tammy did coke, I'm just giving a possible reason for the money laundering.

It's possible that person or persons unknown feared that Tammy knew too much and decided on what usually happens when people fear others know too much. Human - problem. No human - no problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314
Back