DNA Solves

Was this an attempted kidnapping?

• Yes, his story doesn't make sense to me

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No, it's obvious he was just trying to help

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I stuck with my gut on this one. I never thought the kid did anything wrong. Irregardless of any dirt prosecutors dug up on him, I just didn't see him being guilty. I'm glad the charges have been dropped and he can move on with his life. Unfortunately, this will teach him not to be helpful to anyone in the future. What a shame.

I stuck with my gut on this one. I never thought the kid did anything wrong. Irregardless of any dirt prosecutors dug up on him, I just didn't see him being guilty. I'm glad the charges have been dropped and he can move on with his life. Unfortunately, this will teach him not to be helpful to anyone in the future. What a shame.

actually belinda, he said he'd help her again, he'd just do things diffrently :)

Last year I posted the original story about the subject of this report.

In the poll at the beginning of the thread I asked:
Should this young man be charged with a crime or was he just trying to do a good deed?
4 said Yes, his story doesn't make sense to me
36 said No, it's obvious he was just trying to help

Here's the original thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106957

Today, this guy was charged with sexual battery on a 17 year old girl on their school bus. Does this change anyone's view on his original behavior?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ne-arrested-sexual-ba20110314,0,6768592.story

GROSS human being!!

Not that this absolves him of what he did.. but his mentors sure dropped the ball

"Edwin aspired to become a player in the National Football League. The men, along with several lawyers, volunteered to mentor Edwin. However, one of the lawyers, Dennis Salvagio, said Monday night that he had never spent time with the boy. Another lawyer said he hadn't been in contact with him for several months.

An action plan prepared by Jackson's office called for Edwin to be tutored at least once a week after school, play high school football, participate in Starks' youth football camp and attend Orlando Magic games with longtime fan Salvagio. He also was supposed to volunteer for a service organization, serve as a role model for his then-12-year-old brother and participate in activities and counseling at Discovery Church in Orlando."

For anyone who is a NBA basketball fan, Dennis Salvagio is also known as "the Fat Guy" and is said to be the #1 fan of the Orlando Magic. So, he couldn't get a couple tickets to one of the games and take the kid? Still, this is a 17 year old who made a choice to commit a crime and needs to be held accountable.

I voted no.
Oddly enough I have a friend who was in this exact situation and went to jail for it. She was at a hotel when she found a little girl wandering out by the pool she asked the girl where her mom was and she told her she was not there, but she was there with her grandma. So my friend takes the little girl by the hand and starts walking to the lobby area to talk to security when the little girls grandma starts screaming "SHE IS TAKING MY GRANDDAUGHTER STOP HER!!" The security guards call 911 and detain my friend, police came and took her to jail for 6 days, she had to go to court and she got probation.
Unfortunately, this is a cautionary tale because I think sometimes people do want to help but are afraid they might be misunderstanding the situation and don't want to get in trouble or make someone upset.

Wow, makes you want to think twice before you help someone out!

How in the world did that media station get that information I wonder?

That child is a minor and his school record should be confidential. Good grief. (not attacking the messenger RC :D)

I disagree totally. If charged with a crime any and all records should be fair game iof related to the offense they were arrested on suspicion of committing. Maybe not legally, but morally. It does make a difference.

I also have a HUGE problem with known juvenile sex offenders being in public schools, and "confidentiality" prevents everyone involved from knowing.

Last year I posted the original story about the subject of this report.

In the poll at the beginning of the thread I asked:
Should this young man be charged with a crime or was he just trying to do a good deed?
4 said Yes, his story doesn't make sense to me
36 said No, it's obvious he was just trying to help

Here's the original thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106957

Today, this guy was charged with sexual battery on a 17 year old girl on their school bus. Does this change anyone's view on his original behavior?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ne-arrested-sexual-ba20110314,0,6768592.story

No, I never believed him in the first place and I voted that way in the poll

GROSS human being!!

Not that this absolves him of what he did.. but his mentors sure dropped the ball

"Edwin aspired to become a player in the National Football League. The men, along with several lawyers, volunteered to mentor Edwin. However, one of the lawyers, Dennis Salvagio, said Monday night that he had never spent time with the boy. Another lawyer said he hadn't been in contact with him for several months.

An action plan prepared by Jackson's office called for Edwin to be tutored at least once a week after school, play high school football, participate in Starks' youth football camp and attend Orlando Magic games with longtime fan Salvagio. He also was supposed to volunteer for a service organization, serve as a role model for his then-12-year-old brother and participate in activities and counseling at Discovery Church in Orlando."

BBM

WHAT? You are going to blame his mentors? I blame all of the people that couldn't see him for what he was, all of the people that refused to take a good hard look at him and even consider the possibility that in the first case that brought his name to the media, he had tried to LURE that child. All the patting him on the head & calling him a "good Samaritan", "boys will be boys" talk and raking LE over the coals made me want to vomit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back