FL - Teens steal Girl Scout money; sorry they got caught

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O/T but I really want GS cookies and don't know any girl scouts. Any suggestions?

Authorities said the teens were not charged because they did not use force to steal the money, nor did they take the money from the Girl Scout’s hands.

The State Attorney's Office will decide if the teens will be charged.​
WTH, theft is theft ... sounds like "AUTHORITIES" don't want to charge these girls and are making up a bunch of garbaly-gook that they think people will buy.

Utter nonsense! :mad:

I was thinking the same thing! So I can go and steal my neighbors bike, car, ect and as long as I did not use force and take the keys or whatever from his hands it's not a crime?

Bull!

O/T but I really want GS cookies and don't know any girl scouts. Any suggestions?

We'll be selling publically in front of markets and stores like Target in a few weeks. Then we'll have the boxes on hand.

Not sure where you live but if you go to www.girlscoutcookies.org - enter your zip code it will take you to your local GS website. Mine has a big cookie that you can click on to locate where and when cookies are being sold.

On a side note my cousin informed me their troop leader has told the kids not to go door to door but to sell to friends, family and at cookie booths. It is a sad commentary on our society when girl scouts can't even go door to door to sell cookies safely anymore.

Not sure where you live but if you go to www.girlscoutcookies.org - enter your zip code it will take you to your local GS website. Mine has a big cookie that you can click on to locate where and when cookies are being sold.

On a side note my cousin informed me their troop leader has told the kids not to go door to door but to sell to friends, family and at cookie booths. It is a sad commentary on our society when girl scouts can't even go door to door to sell cookies safely anymore.

We only went door-to-door to a few neighbors we knew. Old couples I knew would buy from her. ;)

OMG! What vicious little b!tches! :furious:

My first question is why were these two girls able to go back to the same store a few days later and taunt the same little girl they stole from. At the very least, why aren't they grounded??????? Where are their parents???

Unbelievable and scary. Scary because these are young teens that will one day be adults with the same attitudes they have now. :furious:

I'm not given to violence but it would certainly appease my need for revenge to learn these two little darlings got their heads kicked in by some(s)! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Our only new ones this year are Lemon Cremes. I do remember when I was a Girl Scout the Do-Si-Dos being called Savannahs.

Our new ones this year are the Cinna-Spins and Lemonades. I wonder if the lemon is the same cookie just a different name. Like how our Do-Si-Dos are called Peanut Butter Sandwiches and our Samoas are called Caramel DeLites. Weird how different regions have different names for the same cookies. I don't understand why.

About the safety of girl scouts going door to door. I don't think it is safe for them to go out alone. My daughter has sold over 300 cookies so far this year door to door but my husband goes with her up to every single door and every single booth sale. He says it is too much cash for a child to be running around with. He does not even even want ME going alone with her to do it, LOL. A little paranoid but he is a great Dad.

I think I will keep this article to myself to keep his paranoia down to a minimum :crazy: .

OMG! What vicious little b!tches! :furious:

My first question is why were these two girls able to go back to the same store a few days later and taunt the same little girl they stole from. At the very least, why aren't they grounded??????? Where are their parents???

Unbelievable and scary. Scary because these are young teens that will one day be adults with the same attitudes they have now. :furious:

My thoughts exactly.

This is wrong on so many levels. I cannot believe those girls got on TV and told everyone that they did it and they were not sorry! OMG!:eek: I cannot even believe this happened. I used to sell in front of stores when I was a GS leader and while I was careful with our money, I never would believe this could happen. Those girls need to pay, they need help, and they need big fines, community service, etc.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpcookie0206pnfeb06,0,6323935.story

An 18-year-old was taken into custody Tuesday morning for violating the terms of her probation after she allegedly stole $164 from a young Girl Scout selling cookies last week, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The teen's name is being withheld. Detectives say she confessed to the offense while she was still a juvenile. She was on probation for an unrelated offense of battery on her boyfriend, detectives say. She is being held at the Juvenile Assessment Center in West Palm Beach.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpcookie0206pnfeb06,0,6323935.story

An 18-year-old was taken into custody Tuesday morning for violating the terms of her probation after she allegedly stole $164 from a young Girl Scout selling cookies last week, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The teen's name is being withheld. Detectives say she confessed to the offense while she was still a juvenile. She was on probation for an unrelated offense of battery on her boyfriend, detectives say. She is being held at the Juvenile Assessment Center in West Palm Beach.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Girl Scouts don't play. In college, I bounced two checks for my girl scout cookies and instead of a bounced check fee, I got a letter saying I was going to be charged with check fraud! :eek:

Since then, it's been CASH ONLY for me and my cookies!

Great news!!

Why are they withholding her name though. She's the one that put her ugly mug on the TV saying she wasn't sorry for what she did, only that she got caught.

Battery of a boyfriend? Interesting. Aren't these girls only 16? In her 16 years how did she learn to batter someone? Makes you wonder what goes on in her own home (not that that's any excuse for what she's done). I just hope authorities are taking a look at her family.

OMGosh need a judge to put these young "ladies" and boy do I use that term loosely in front of the store selling the girl scout cookies in huge yellow sandwich boards that say I am thief or something to that effect. Or better yet time for theri parents to stop paying for their mistakes and let them spend some time in the pokey or working it off. :mad:

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15235152/detail.html

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- An 18-year-old girl who gloated last week about helping to steal money from a 9-year-old Girl Scout now says she is sorry for the theft, WPBF News 25 reported.

"Yes, I'm very sorry, actually. I actually apologized. I was sorry from the start," Stefanie Woods told WPBF Wednesday.

Woods, who was arrested on her 18th birthday Tuesday on a violation of probation charge, was released from her first appearance in court Wednesday after her parents and lawyer did not show up, WPBF reported. Her appearance has been rescheduled for Thursday.

MORE AT LINK

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15235152/detail.html

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- An 18-year-old girl who gloated last week about helping to steal money from a 9-year-old Girl Scout now says she is sorry for the theft, WPBF News 25 reported.

"Yes, I'm very sorry, actually. I actually apologized. I was sorry from the start," Stefanie Woods told WPBF Wednesday.

Woods, who was arrested on her 18th birthday Tuesday on a violation of probation charge, was released from her first appearance in court Wednesday after her parents and lawyer did not show up, WPBF reported. Her appearance has been rescheduled for Thursday.

MORE AT LINK

So now that she has been charged she is sorry. That really does not fly when you were gloating to a news crew and saying that you were only sorry that you got caught when you thought that you could not be charged for the crime. Doesn't work for me and I hope that it doesn't smooth over a judge. The news interview says it all.

The blonde chick giving the beauty paegant wave that speaks first, is Wood. She says:
WPBF said:
"We went through all that effort to get it, we got all these charges and we had to give the money back. I'm kind of pissed," Wood told WPBF.
I don't buy for a moment that she's sorry, she's just trying to get out of jail time, and I hope the film of her saying that is shown in court. :furious:

I think it would be funny if these girls got "punk'd". They could wait until they go into a store and have someone "steal" their car and then wait for them to come out and drive past them smiling and waving. Now THAT would be FUNNY! Then they could tape the girl's reaction and we can all watch it on TV and laugh and make fun of them.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom
Back