GUILTY FL - Titus, 10, & John Wayne Lawson, 7, car drowning in canal, Cape Coral, 26 Nov 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

kelsie

Former Member
Reaction score
cape-coral-crash-Scarlett-Lawson-fb-web.jpg

Father of Cape Coral boys who died in canal crash is wanted in Michigan

The father of two boys who died after their car went into a canal in Cape Coral is wanted in Michigan.

The chief in Mount Morris Township, Michigan, says Kenneth Lawson is being investigated there after getting into an argument with a woman in front of two kids and shoving her. When one kid grabbed a knife to protect his mom, Lawson reacted angrily.

Mount Morris Police Chief Michael Veach said, “He then walks through the house with a gun trying to intimidate the kids and the woman. At one point, he goes into the kitchen and starts firing rounds off in the house. Kid had to get stitches because he pistol-whipped him.”

Lawson’s two sons, Titus and John Wayne, who were just 10 and 7 years old, died in a canal crash early Thanksgiving Day.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/27/two-children-killed-after-car-crashes-into-florida-canal/

The two adults in the car were identified as Kenneth Wayne Lawson and Julia Ann Drudy, both of whom only suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

One of the adults was the parent of the children, though the relationship between the pair is unclear, WBBH reported.

It’s not known who was behind the wheel, but authorities said alcohol or drugs are believed to have played a role in the crash.

The crash is still under investigation — and criminal charges are expected in the case, the outlet reported.

Two Florida children are dead after car crashes into canal

Two children were killed in a horrific tragedy in Florida when they became trapped in a submerged car — in an incident that cops said involved the use of drugs or alcohol by at least one of the adults with them.

Titus Lawson, 7, and his brother John Wayne Lawson, 10, were traveling in the vehicle that struck a bank late Wednesday and became airborne before landing in the canal near Northeast 31st Street and Northeast Fifth Place in Cape Coral, news station WBBH reported.

When emergency crews arrived at the scene, the vehicle had already become completely submerged, with the two kids trapped inside, authorities said.

Stranger tries to save kids from drowning after car crashes into canal in Cape Coral

Tyler Ravert heard the crash. When he found out two children were inside, he knew he had to do something.

“I ran out my front door it had to have been 30 seconds. By the time I got to that canal they were already on the other side of the bank, the parents,” said Ravert. “And, once I got into the water I asked if there were any other people in the vehicle and they said yes two small children.”

The WINK News drone followed the path the car took to land in the canal.

Ravert said he could only see the roof of the car because the rest of the car was underwater. So, with those precious lives at stake, Ravert jumped in to help. Meanwhile, his wife was dialing 911.

“It’s what you do when you’re a father so it just kicks in,” said Ravert.

Tyler did his best but the windows were difficult to get open. “I tried to open the doors tried to break out a window until an officer got there with a baton and he broke out the window and we pulled out a child,” he said.

That child ended up dying at the hospital. Ravert says the kids must have been underwater for at least five minutes.

Family remembers 2 brothers who died in Cape Coral canal crash

Their aunt and uncle told us last week the children brought light to every room, always gave big hugs and always were sweet no matter what they went through.

Now, they are honored with crosses and flowers next to where their car plunged into a canal.

The boy’s family wants to remember the smiles of two boy that could brighten their day.

“It just shows you how incredible kids can be,” said Courtney Getty, the brothers’ aunt. “Like no matter what they go through, they can just push through and make it seem like your bad day isn’t so bad.”

The family says John Wayne loved math, science and playing video games. Titus loved riding his bike, playing outside and going to gym class at school. Both loved their little sister dearly.

“I really feel for Evabelle, which is their younger sister, and her older brothers, you know? Her best friends,” said Devin Getty, the brothers’ uncle.

Piss poor parenting. How in the world did he get to have them???

Family remembers 2 brothers who died in Cape Coral canal crash
Snip
John Wayne and Titus were from Michigan. They had only been living with their dad in Cape Coral for three months before their lives were cut short. The family says memorial services will be held at a later date.

Their father, Kenneth Lawson, and Julia Drudy both face charges in the deadly crash. Lawson faces charges for DUI manslaughter, and Drudy faces a charge for permitting an unauthorized operator to drive.

They need to rot in there. I hope the Bio Mom can get down here and meet the man who cared enough to risk his life to save her babies.

Some comments
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...ZKBJJ0sc9wU08TGcoT-ztGelVC305AEqger7oXNZxNMF4

Kenneth Lawson Arrested For DUI Manslaughter — Cape Coral Police Department

Snip and press conference at this link also.
(December 4, 2020) - Interim Chief Anthony Sizemore today announced the arrest of Kenneth Lawson, who faces charges in a DUI crash that claimed the lives of Lawson’s two young sons.

Found this in the court site for Lawson, but nothing came up for Drudy

Lawson:

Offense Date Charge Plea Arrest Disposition
11/21/2020 1. MARIJUANA-POSSESS NOT MORE THAN 20 GRAMS Statute: 893.13(6b) Misdemeanor - First Degree 12/04/2020 Nolle Prossed

11/21/2020 2. GIVING FALSE NAME BY PERSON ARRESTED/DETAINED Statute: 901.36(1) Misdemeanor - First Degree

11/21/2020 3. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF LESS THAN $200.00 Statute: 806.13(1)(b) Misdemeanor - Second Degree

Docket:
Date Description
11/24/2020 Non-Arrest Booking Report/Notice to Appear Filed

11/25/2020 Case Opened by Notice To Appear/ Mandatory Appearance
12/01/2020 Application for Indigent Status Form Filed
12/01/2020 Not of Appearance/Wvr of Arrgn/Wrttn Plea NG/Dmd Disc Filed
12/04/2020 Continuance Form Filed
12/04/2020 Information and Notice to the Clerk Filed

Hearings:
Date Time Hearing Location
12/29/2020 1:30 PM Docket Sounding - George, Devin S. Jdge DSG ZoomID(844-888-8717)

12/08/2020 8:00 AM CANCELLED-Waiver of Arraignment Arraignment - George, Devin S. Courtroom 1-A

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Case/ViewCase

Well this article has Drudy arrested... and it says Lawson arrested for DUI, but he isn't charged with that - ??

Woman, father involved in Cape Coral canal crash that killed two boys arrested - NBC2 News

Dec. 5, 2020
Both Julia Ann Drudy and Kenneth Lawson, the father of the two boys killed, were arrested Friday, according to Cap Coral police. Drudy was arrested around 7:15 p.m. after turning herself in to police after seeing their earlier press conference announcing the arrest of Lawson.
[.....]
Lawson was arrested for two counts of DUI manslaughter, according to Cape Coral police. He was arrested around 2:05 p.m. on NE 2nd Avenue.

Drudy was charged with permitting an unauthorized operator to drive. She was taken to the Lee County Jail, according to Cape Coral police.
[.....]
Police did confirm that evidence from the crash shows Kenneth Lawson was driving the car when it went into the canal. They said he and Drudy got out of the white Ford Focus and left his two sons in the car.

Weird - I just did a search of inmates in Lee County jail and she (Drudy) is not there...
And also wondering "where" the 2 counts of DUI manslaughter are? Not on what I found at least.

Weird - I just did a search of inmates in Lee County jail and she (Drudy) is not there...
And also wondering "where" the 2 counts of DUI manslaughter are? Not on what I found at least.
Hm. She may have bonded out.
Her sister made a very interesting YouTube video last night talking about how the system is failing children.

Well this article has Drudy arrested... and it says Lawson arrested for DUI, but he isn't charged with that - ??

Woman, father involved in Cape Coral canal crash that killed two boys arrested - NBC2 News

Dec. 5, 2020

They said he and Drudy got out of the white Ford Focus and left his two sons in the car
This last sentence just infuriates me - these two jacka$$es only of saving themselves & not the two kids trapped inside the car. I would drown trying to save my kids.

(RS & BBM)

Father of Cape Coral boys who died in canal crash is wanted in MichiganGood Samaritan Tyler Ravert jumped into the canal in an attempt to save the boys. He set up crosses at the scene to honor the kids, yet he wonders why their father didn’t try to do anything.

“Why didn’t you try to get them out? I stayed, and you were on the bank saying, ‘Screw it; screw it; I can’t get them.’ It’s angering,” Ravert said.

I have no words for this

Looks like they had their first hearing yesterday, Saturday, 12/5/20.

First appearances for Lawson, Drudy in Cape Coral canal crash case

Dec. 5, 2020

The family of two young boys who died after a car crashed into a canal in Cape Coral now believes they’re closer to justice.

The boys’ father, Kenneth Wayne Lawson, and his girlfriend Julia Ann Drudy faced a judge Saturday for the first time after being arrested on Friday.

Kenneth Lawson’s bond was set at $550,000 and Julia Drudy’s bond was set at $10,000. Drudy turned herself in Friday night after Cape Coral police held a press conference stating that Lawson had been arrested and that they were looking for her.

Drudy was in the vehicle at the time of the Nov. 25 crash that killed the two boys, John Wayne, 10, and Titus, 7. She was charged with a moving traffic violation while Lawson was charged with two counts of DUI manslaughter and for driving with a suspended license.
[.....]
Drudy will be back in court Dec. 21 while Lawson won’t be back in court until Jan. 4.

So I'm guessing here - per court site is the MJ possession plus - hearing on 12/29 & 2 DUI counts on 1/4/21.

Okay - they are both now in the system...

Lawson:

11/25/2020 1. HOMICIDE-NEGLIG MANSL-VEH-DUI CAUSE DEATH TO HUMAN/UNBORN CHILD Statute: 316.193(3c3a) Felony - Second Degree 12/04/2020 OBTS:3607173888 Sequence:1 Control Number: 20022144 Arresting Agency:Cape Coral Police

11/25/2020 2. HOMICIDE-NEGLIG MANSL-VEH-DUI CAUSE DEATH TO HUMAN/UNBORN CHILD Statute: 316.193(3c3a) Felony - Second Degree 12/04/2020 OBTS:3607173888 Sequence:2 Control Number: 20022144 Arresting Agency:Cape Coral Police

11/25/2020 3. DRIVE WHILE LIC SUSPENDED DEATH SERIOUS INJURY Statute: 322.34(6b) Felony - Third Degree 12/04/2020 OBTS:3607173888 Sequence:3 Control Number: 20022144 Arresting Agency:Cape Coral Police

11/25/2020 4. DRIVE WHILE LIC SUSPENDED DEATH SERIOUS INJURY Statute: 322.34(6b) Felony - Third Degree 12/04/2020 OBTS:3607173888 Sequence:4 Control Number: 20022144 Arresting Agency:Cape Coral Police

Docket:
Date Description Docket
12/04/2020 In Custody 1

12/05/2020 Citation Required Per Statute Cnt # 4 / CCPD 2
12/05/2020 Citation Required Per Statute Cnt # 3 / CCPD 3
12/05/2020 Citation Required Per Statute Cnt # 2 / CCPD 4
12/05/2020 Citation Required Per Statute Cnt # 1 / CCPD 5
12/05/2020 Booking Report Filed 6 18
12/05/2020 Notice of Confidential Information within Court Filing Filed 15 1
12/05/2020 Notice of Confidential Information within Court Filing Filed 16 1
12/05/2020 Victim Information Confidential per Marsy's Law

12/07/2020 Case Opened by Booking Sheet 7
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - Fatality 8
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - By Offense 9
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - Fatality 10
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - By Offense 11
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - Fatality 12
12/07/2020 Application for Indigent Status Form Filed 13 1
12/07/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - Fatality 14
12/07/2020 Notice of Appearance of Counsel Filed 17 1
12/07/2020 Plea of Not Guilty Filed 18 1
12/07/2020 Demand for Discovery Filed 19 3

Hearing:
ate Time Hearing Location
01/04/2021 8:30 AM Arraignment - Branning, Robert J Courtroom 8-B

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Case/ViewCase

Drudy:

11/25/2020 1. PERMIT UNAUTHORIZED PERSON TO DRIVE Statute: 322.36 Misdemeanor - Second Degree 12/04/2020 OBTS:3605067193 Sequence:1 Control Number: 20-022144 Arresting Agency:Cape Coral Police

Docket:
Date Description Docket
12/04/2020 In Custody 1

12/05/2020 Booking Report Filed 2 13
12/05/2020 Original Traffic Citation Filed 3 1
12/05/2020 Record of First Appearance Filed 7 2

12/08/2020 Case Opened by Booking Sheet 4
12/08/2020 Application for Indigent Status Form Filed 5 1
12/08/2020 Mandatory Court Appearance - By Offense 6

Hearing:
Date Time Hearing Location
12/21/2020 1:00 PM Arraignment - Gagliardi, Josephine M Courtroom 1-A