FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
~snip~

Without a Trace will mention Duckett's case at the end of the Thursday's episode, which airs at 9:00 p.m. on WKRG News 5.
Duckett is a bi-racial (Asian/White) male, stands 3'0" tall, weighs 35 to 40 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.
If you think you know anything that could help authorities find the boy, call the FBI hot line at 1.800.CALL.FBI

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/missing_fl_toddler_featured_on_without_a_trace/10960/

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_063185705.html

A proposed state law, named for a missing child with local ties, aims to bring day care providers into the fight against child abduction.

“Trenton’s Law” — named for Trenton Duckett, son of Lockport native Melinda Duckett — would require parents and guardians to produce original birth certificates when enrolling their children in any day care facility.

Trenton I hope the Easter Bunny brought you a huge basket of goodies.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_063185705.html

A proposed state law, named for a missing child with local ties, aims to bring day care providers into the fight against child abduction.

“Trenton’s Law” — named for Trenton Duckett, son of Lockport native Melinda Duckett — would require parents and guardians to produce original birth certificates when enrolling their children in any day care facility.

That seems like a very good idea.

I am wondering though how this would go for children who were born outside of the US, like my DD. Even the post office got confused about her foreign birth certificate when we went to apply for her passport. I can only imagine the confusion at many daycares if they were shown her birth certificate. As always, I have to question *something*. ;) lol

Josh is a daddy again! I truly hope Ryder is reunited with his big brother very soon and they both have long, happy lives! :blowkiss:

He's not forgotten. His family is still searching. He got a mention in an article today.

There are new postcards out approved by Melinda's grandparents. They suggest we carry a picture of trenton with us to compare to children at our daycares, in our children's classes at school, on the playground, the bus or at the store.

I think the cards are practical. It only takes ONE person to see that baby and make the call.

This is the article with a mention of Trenton:

Trenton Duckett, 4, has been missing from his home in Lady lake, Fla., since August 2004. He was taken for a drive by his mother that night and hasn’t been seen since. His mom killed herself two weeks after he went missing.

http://ny.metro.us/metro/local/article/Tens_of_thousands_of_Madeleine_McCanns/12380.html

The article wasn't researched very well. August 2004? 4 yrs old?
not one that I would trust for news.

but thats just my 2cents

The article wasn't researched very well. August 2004? 4 yrs old?
not one that I would trust for news.

but thats just my 2cents

I won't argue the lack of research.

BUT, people are still looking.

It only takes one person to see Trenton to make a call and bring him home.

ummm I posted that almost word for word on another board....
so that would be preaching to the choir..... I know it only takes one person. It happens , its just sad that this has gone on for so long without that one person.

I understand 350,000 people attended a bike fest in Leesburg where posters were handed out.

I respect Josh and and Melinda's parents and grandparents for printing out the postcards, handing out posters at events, working for the requirement of ID at daycare and not giving up.

As you have said here and elsewhere, it only takes one person to make the connection and make the call. All who put Trenton's picture and infomation into people's hands should be applauded.

I just read this article about 2 year-old Everlyse Cabrera. She has been missing since 2006. A new update says she may have been found alive:

http://missingandmurderedchildren.f...2008/05/03/new-lead-in-everlyse-cabrera-case/

I hope so.

As for Trenton...he needs to be brought home.

People have to keep looking and spreading the word. When a child is missing for so long the public gets moved on to other cases by the media. The media is either friend or foe in some cases. When the child isn't in the headlines (above the fold) people forget.
That is why the postcards are a wonderful idea. Just like the milk cartons were once upon a time.

People have to keep looking and spreading the word. When a child is missing for so long the public gets moved on to other cases by the media. The media is either friend or foe in some cases. When the child isn't in the headlines (above the fold) people forget.
That is why the postcards are a wonderful idea. Just like the milk cartons were once upon a time.

The child isn't in the media because of a lawsuit filed against CNN by his grandparents in NY.
A handful of postcards sent out almost 2 years after he disappeared is a lame attempt to pretend they care in order to win the lawsuit.

The child isn't in the media because of a lawsuit filed against CNN by his grandparents in NY.
A handful of postcards sent out almost 2 years after he disappeared is a lame attempt to pretend they care in order to win the lawsuit.

That isn't the reason. Most people would understand that and just be glad that his picture and name were being put out there to the public as a reminder and not make bitter remarks about something other than finding a missing child.
Why turn it into a bash of the maternal grandparents and not just be glad about one more way to search for the missing?
Snarky remarks about either side of Trenton's family have no place in this.
To quote myself neither side is full of saints, but my guess would be neither is my family or yours.
just my 2cents.... take it or leave it- but remember its about the missing children. One person is all it takes to bring them home. I would pray that is easy for everyone to understand. So few do make it home alive or unharmed.

Actually, the postcards were the inspiration and creation of a caring individual who is not associated with the family - they are a sleuther just like us. Once the cards were in the "proofing" stage, that person did seek and obtain permission from the grandparents to print and mail them.

I personally think it was a brilliant idea and I hope it bears fruit!

Actually, the postcards were the inspiration and creation of a caring individual who is not associated with the family - they are a sleuther just like us. Once the cards were in the "proofing" stage, that person did seek and obtain permission from the grandparents to print and mail them.

I personally think it was a brilliant idea and I hope it bears fruit!

I've got a copy of the card on my website, plus links to Team Trenton's posters.

I pray that Trenton will be found soon.

His entire family is included in my prayers.

I've got a copy of the card on my website, plus links to Team Trenton's posters.

I pray that Trenton will be found soon.

His entire family is included in my prayers.

Awesome. I join you in praying for Trenton and his entire family!

Awesome. I join you in praying for Trenton and his entire family!

As do I and most of us that care about the missing children. Seems that posters forget there are real live humans attached to every case. The word victim is a blanket term to include all members of a missing child's family. We should think before hitting that enter key. There is no need to make family members victims again and again just to keep posting something on a message board.
again just my 2cents...

As do I and most of us that care about the missing children. Seems that posters forget there are real live humans attached to every case. The word victim is a blanket term to include all members of a missing child's family. We should think before hitting that enter key. There is no need to make family members victims again and again just to keep posting something on a message board.
again just my 2cents...

WONDERFUL AND MUCH APPRECIATED POST, BECCA. Thank you.

You actually made my eyes a little misty.

WONDERFUL AND MUCH APPRECIATED POST, BECCA. Thank you.

You actually made my eyes a little misty.

Thanks but its how I feel. When you work with victims of crimes and see what the families go thru over and over again, it gets to ya. I have a problem with how people post about family members on these boards. I feel that both sides of a victims family should be treated with a bit of respect unless they are found to be guilty of a crime against said child. or adult for that matter. Post counts are not part of caring about the missing.
again just my 2cents.... or 4 today. :)

Thanks but its how I feel. When you work with victims of crimes and see what the families go thru over and over again, it gets to ya. I have a problem with how people post about family members on these boards. I feel that both sides of a victims family should be treated with a bit of respect unless they are found to be guilty of a crime against said child. or adult for that matter. Post counts are not part of caring about the missing.
again just my 2cents.... or 4 today. :)

Hey Becca nice to see you! Do you hear or see anything about little Trenton in the area, being you are kinda close and all?

I often think of a few of your posts, made a long time ago. You were the one who heard the report (local report) and posted about LE reporting a body had been found in a dumpster. Do you remember? What I remember, during the time, it was only a short time after 'the report', that Melinda was found dead. I may have printed the posts, and I'm not sure right now tho. So I don't exactly remember the timing. I am wondering if you have given that any more thought and remember the times.

My guess at the time, Melinda had taken the life of Trenton, and then followed by taking her own life, after hearing the news reported/dumpster. I want to have HOPE for little Trenton, but I can't erase the reporting (false as it turned out to be) of the co-incidental events from my mind in connection to Trenton being missing/false report of body being found/Melinda's suicide.........

I really think the little darling baby Trenton is in Heaven! God Bless his soul where-ever he is now.

I don't think I ever posted this here, but I might have. We were on a trip in Ohio, and I thought a little boy I saw looked like Trenton. And NO I am not one of the two ladies who were from Ohio who made a report. An FBI agent called me about two months after my call. Not too Speedy eh? He did tell me the ladies in the fast-food drive thru were NOT credible!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back