FL v. Franklin Tyrone Tucker - "Treehouse Murder Trial"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Six minute video

Defendant Franklin Tucker Discusses Plans to Take Witness Stand​

In exclusive interview with Court TV, pro se defendant Franklin Tucker says he has no problem taking the stand in Treehouse Murder trial. (1/23/24) MORE

Franklin “Ty” Tucker is charged with robbery, homicide, aggravated assault and battery for a robbery that led to the death of Matthew Bonnett and injured Paula Belmonte at a property known as “The Treehouse.”

Jurors are being excused at this time.

Edited: Jurors are being brought back in.
FTT will continue his direct testimony.

So he knew PB prior to the crime, and has been to the Treehouse three times previously. He met Matt once, to inquire about renting.

Is he trying to show that his DNA would be there? moo

Last edited:
Jurors are being excused at this time.

Edited: Jurors are being brought back in.
FTT will continue his direct testimony.

So he knew PB prior to the crime, and has been to the Treehouse three times previously. He met Matt once, to inquire about renting.

Is he trying to show that his DNA would be there? moo
Aha! I knew it! So I was right that these people all knew each other. I haven’t gotten to this part yet - I’m still on his initial narrative. Catching up! Wow! As we predicted he couldn’t help himself from testifying. He just has to get up there and “charm” everyone into liking him and feeling sorry for him. It may have worked on the CrossFit Queen turned suga momma but not on 12 jurors! JMO

Danielle Malone (lead detective at the time) is back on the stand for rebuttal

Video (body cam of interview with PB in the hospital) after the crime is being shown in the courtroom. PB suffered knife injury to the neck.

FTT cross of DM.

PB said Clay knew Rory “Detroit” Wilson. (note: Jurors convicted Wilson in December 2022 of first-degree murder and robbery with a deadly weapon while masked. He is serving a sentence of life without parole.)

Supposedly, A. Clay set up/planned the robbery at the Treehouse.

Last edited:
Belmonte told investigators she suspected the incident was set up by Anathea “April” Clay as “payback” for allegedly ripping her off on an alleged drug deal, according to the document.

The suspected getaway driver, John "Travis" Johnson, told investigators the plot was allegedly concocted by Tucker. The plan came after someone at a nearby Burger King told him Belmonte was "in possession of a large sum of money" at "The Tree House."

Johnson served five years at the local jail before he signed a plea agreement last year to agree to testify against Wilson and Tucker, according to Keys News. That testimony led to a life sentence for Wilson last year.

A Florida Man Is Charged in a Deadly Robbery at a Drug Hangout Called 'The Tree House.' He's Representing Himself at Trial

Updated 01/16/24 04:11 PM ET

Last edited:
Did the Judge do a 180... moo

Jurors are being excused for the day. Recess until 10:00 am ET. Jury instructions - deliberations tomorrow.

Last edited:
Iirc, Travis Johnson (getaway driver) was the only person putting FTT at the crime scene.

A third defendant, Travis Johnson, was arrested as the getaway driver. He pleaded guilty in 2023 to robbery with a weapon while masked, and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon while masked. Johnson, who testified against Wilson, has agreed to do the same against Tucker.

I thought Johnson’s testimony was that Rory Wilson was the one who got the intel about the Treehouse from someone else and HE brought it to Tucker and Johnson? Possibly this intel came from this Clay woman, I’m guessing.

Pro Se defendant redirect

Never seen a defendant (pro se) while testifying on the stand object to prosecution's cross before. :eek: wild.

Recess until 2:55 pm ET - next rebuttal.
It's a very Ted Bundy thing to do. Hate to say it, even Mr. Bundy did a better job than Mr. Tucker!

wonder if Tucker held a grudge against Matt, because he wouldn't rent to him. no reason to kill Matt because they were both masked

I don't like this defendant one bit. I think he's a slippery con man and his courtroom behavior infuriates me. But I have a feeling the State hasn't provided enough evidence for the jury to convict him of murder. Closing arguments tomorrow. Will be glad when this trial is over. JMO

I don't like this defendant one bit. I think he's a slippery con man and his courtroom behavior infuriates me. But I have a feeling the State hasn't provided enough evidence for the jury to convict him of murder. Closing arguments tomorrow. Will be glad when this trial is over. JMO
Tried watching but just couldn't. Had to turn on golf! Please get this over.

As much as I believe FTT most likely involved in the crime, and possibly committed the homicide, the states case was weak... they did not prove their case. Is the getaway driver believable? There was no evidence he committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. I wanted more than a witness testimony, especially someone involved in the crime.

If the jury's verdict (which I believe they will) is not to convict, he will have a bigger head than he already has now.

All a matter of opinion.

I think Paula Belamonte has been totally discredited today in rebuttal. So the only remaining question is does the jury believe Johnson? I say yes. He’s credible. To add to that, the defendant testified that he knew Paula before this incident (specifically he had been to the Treehouse “partying” and sleeping there) and he was hanging out with Rory and Travis the day of the incident. Prosecutor made a good point about why Tucker used a neck gaiter - to hide his recognizable long beard. He was homeless and using drugs at the time - that covers his financial motive as well as his drug seeking behavior. He comes across like the con man he is. Jury will find him guilty. JMO

I think Paula Belamonte has been totally udiscredited today in rebuttal. So the only remaining question is does the jury believe Johnson? I say yes. He’s credible. To add to that, the defendant testified that he knew Paula before this incident (specifically he had been to the Treehouse “partying” and sleeping there) and he was hanging out with Rory and Travis the day of the incident. Prosecutor made a good point about why Tucker used a neck gaiter - to hide his recognizable long beard. He was homeless and using drugs at the time - that covers his financial motive as well as his drug seeking behavior. He comes across like the con man he is. Jury will find him guilty. JMO
Oh Paula! Poor Paula. She is very sick woman who has been manipulated and controlled by Tucker. She is totally in his pocket. But I bet he dumped her after the last hospital visit. She is of no use to him now. My opinion

Over the course of their investigation, detectives learned that Tucker and Wilson might have been sent to rob Belmonte as retaliation for a drug debt owed to another Anathea Clay, aka “April.”
Tucker has accused the prosecution and even the judge of working against him, and a letter sent to the judge on Sept. 24, 2019, accused the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office of masterminding the robbery with a confidential informant.

Posted at 7:45 AM, January 23, 2024 and last updated 7:51 AM, January 23, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back