FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I stand by my assessment that the guy was cosplaying assassin. He is living in a make-believe world. Unfortunately for the real world, he was armed and dangerous as well as delusional.

jmo
There's a lot we don't know and may never know. Thankfully, Congress is doing it's own investigation and the Governor of Florida is doing one also. We do know that the guy was radicalized but whether he is a lone actor or not, we just don't know and may never know.

In the court filing, the federal prosecutors copied two attorneys in the office of federal public defenders - Kristy Militello and Renee Michelle Sihvola. I assume at least one of them is representing RR at this time. Maybe both.

EBM - corrected spellinng of federal public defender's last name (Sihvola).

Also adding: These two attorneys with the office of Federal Public Defenders in the South District of Florida are from the West Palm Beach office.

Last edited:
The court filing by the federal prosecutor states that a Secret Service agent riding in a golf cart ahead of President Trump spotted a partially obscured face in the brush along the fence line and then the agent spotted the rifle barrel pointed through the fence.

So the agent saw a face first, then the rifle.

Also the court filing says that the witness who saw RR run from the brush to his car "made eye contact with him" before she followed him. So she will be a good witness.

(BBM)

I wonder who RR left the metal box with and why the individual didn't open it before he was arrested. Girlfriend? Daughter? Other? If the person had opened it before the assassination attempt, RR could have been arrested before the attempted shooting ambush of President Trump. RR was planning to escape to Mexico. Still need to know how he was funding his month in Florida, escape plan, etc.

Routh allegedly left the note in a metal box with someone, who wasn’t named in the court filing, months before the incident at the golf course. The witness opened the box after hearing about Routh's arrest, and law enforcement visited the person Sept. 18. The box also contained ammunition, a metal pipe, building materials, four phones and several letters, prosecutors said.

EBM

Federal prosecutors on Monday said in a new court filing that Ryan Routh, the accused would-be assassin of Donald Trump, stalked the ex-president for a month before being arrested last week outside of his Florida golf course.

The man accused in the apparent assassination attempt of Donald Trump wrote a note months earlier saying that he intended to kill the former president, the Justice Department disclosed Monday in arguing that he should remain locked up as the case moves forward. The note, addressed “Dear World,” was placed in a box that was dropped at the home of an unidentified person who contacted law enforcement officials after last Sunday's arrest of Ryan Wesley Routh.

The box, which also contained ammunition, a metal pipe and other items, was not opened by the person until after Routh was taken into custody. The person who received the box and contacted law enforcement was not identified in the Justice Department's detention memo Monday.

“One handwritten letter, addressed to “The World,” stated, among other things, ‘This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you,’ ” the filing revealed.

″ ′ I tried my best and gave it all the gumption I could muster. It is up to you now to finish the job; and I will offer $150,000 to whomever can complete the job,′ ” the letter said, according to the court filing.

Detention Memo:

Snipped from the document above:

1727115918386.png
1727116012609.png

Where was he staying in Florida during this time? Who does the Xterra belong to? Who are those phones registered to and how was he paying for them?

Just a few of my questions from todays information!

Prosecutors say Routh’s rifle had a scope attached, as well as an extended magazine, allowing the gun to hold more ammunition. The rifle was loaded with 11 bullets with one in the chamber, ready to fire, according to the court filing.
The SSA is lucky to be alive.

I wonder how many attempts Routh made to breach perimeters before that day. Easily he could have taken down the SSA.

Those agents put their lives on the line every day.

I hope Routh was his own one man war machine with no leaders and no disciples.

JMO

• Judge orders Routh to be detained awaiting trial
  • Suspect was arrested on Sept. 15, faces two gun charges
  • Planned new charge carries life sentence if convicted
  • FBI Special Agent Christian Hull, who testified during the hearing, revealed that another letter had been found near Routh's alleged perch at the golf course that was addressed to The New York Times. Hull did not reveal its contents and it was not used as evidence by the prosecution.
  • Lawyers representing Routh unsuccessfully sought his release on a $250,000 bond, questioning the prosecution's evidence and arguing that Routh has attempted to aid democracies including Ukraine and Taiwan.
  • Kristy Militello, a lawyer representing Routh, argued that the letter indicated "an intent to fail" at the assassination.
    "Perhaps this was more of a publicity stunt than anything," Militello said.

Publicity stunt is a scaling a tall building.

Attempted assassination of a former (and campaigning) president, regardless of Routh's expectation of failure or success, is NOT a publicity stunt. It's a felony.

JMO

Publicity stunt is a scaling a tall building.

Attempted assassination of a former (and campaigning) president, regardless of Routh's expectation of failure or success, is NOT a publicity stunt. It's a felony.

JMO
I am NOT defending him in any way whatsoever.

But, I have wondered from the start if he wanted a selfie of himself holding his weapon with Trump playing golf in the photo. In that respect, it is a publicity stunt. With a selfie like that, he could then brag in his make-believe fantasy world that he is capable of being an assassin. In his make-believe world, he's graduated from being a soldier in Ukraine that nobody wanted to a stealthy (in his mind) assassin.

I think is deranged and dangerous, and I condemn his actions. But I also think he's a nut (sorry to use inelegant description) and a lone wolf, not radicalized and not part of a conspiracy.

I'm glad he was caught before he hurt anyone.

jmo

I am NOT defending him in any way whatsoever.

But, I have wondered from the start if he wanted a selfie of himself holding his weapon with Trump playing golf in the photo. In that respect, it is a publicity stunt. With a selfie like that, he could then brag in his make-believe fantasy world that he is capable of being an assassin. In his make-believe world, he's graduated from being a soldier in Ukraine that nobody wanted to a stealthy (in his mind) assassin.

I think is deranged and dangerous, and I condemn his actions. But I also think he's a nut (sorry to use inelegant description) and a lone wolf, not radicalized and not part of a conspiracy.

I'm glad he was caught before he hurt anyone.

jmo
Deranged, probably.

Publicity stunt/photo op? Not with a loaded gun.

I think there's no question here of intent.

JMO

I haven't seen this addressed, but I might have just missed it--there was a letter in a locked box left with someone before the attempted assassination and in the letter he said "This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you" So, he knew before he attempted it that he would fail? I don't get that. Was he planning on failing all along? Why did he leave a letter beforehand saying he failed? Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding or being slow.

I haven't seen this addressed, but I might have just missed it--there was a letter in a locked box left with someone before the attempted assassination and in the letter he said "This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you" So, he knew before he attempted it that he would fail? I don't get that. Was he planning on failing all along? Why did he leave a letter beforehand saying he failed? Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding or being slow.
Maybe if it ‘succeeded’ he thought he could get back to the lock box? Or it was only ever a gesture. IMO MOO

My thought is he tried prior to the Florida event and failed. It's been reported that the box was left with the the "friend" months ago. It will be interesting to know a timeline and where he's been during that time.

I don't agree with Barr. JMO
People want info and if it doesn't jeopardize the case, I don't see a problem with it. The DOJ could chose to release the info now or with an indictment. Now we know that an indictment for something other than gun charges is likely.

Last edited:
maybe it is his genius defense.. as they say in law "it cuts both ways"- you can say that it shows intent to commit the act, or that it shows intent to fail....

I don't agree with Barr. JMO
People want info and if it doesn't jeopardize the case, I don't see a problem with it. The DOJ could chose to release the info now or with an indictment. Now we know that an indictment for something other than gun charges is likely.

What determines if it will or won’t be released? Is there a protocol for this?

I personally think highlighting this type of information encourages other freaks to do the same.

It’s like a brotherhood. Many have been bullied and it doesn’t matter if they die in the process. It’s worth it to have their names remembered for decades.

dbm
What determines if it will or won’t be released? Is there a protocol for this?

I personally think highlighting this type of information encourages other freaks to do the same.

It’s like a brotherhood. Many have been bullied and it doesn’t matter if they die in the process. It’s worth it to have their names remembered for decades.

For some time now, the emerging "protocol" has been that LE would not publish the manifesto of an assassin (would-be or accomplished) due to the kind of "brotherhood" that you mention.

In this case, however, federal prosecutors have decided in favor of the publication of a manifesto with a call to arms and a bounty on our former president and candidate for the presidency. It could have been redacted or there could have been a motion to keep the letter from the public eye until the trial due to its inflammatory and dangerous contents.

So former Attorney General Bill Barr makes a solid point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka
Back