FLDS compound in Texas Court proceedings ONLY please!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It bothers me a great deal there is any discussion regarding the LDS on these FLDS related threads as we do have LDS members on this site and i think it disrespectful of their beliefs to be linking the two absolutely, IMO, different groups.

i wonder if this is why a forum has yet to be dedicated to the FLDS case in Texas in order not to offend LDS members? i would hope not and also sincerely hope LDS members are not upset.

FLDS is, IMO, a monster of its own making and is so far apart from LDS .

I respectfully disagree. I have read many books about this religion. Here is one explanation. The internet is filled with information.

http://wri.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/mormon-god.html:

Christianity has taught monotheism from its foundation, the belief in the existence of one God. Mormonism believes in the existence of a plurality of gods. According to Mormonism, there are an infinite number of planets like earth in the universe, each with their god or gods who were once men who have evolved into godhood. Mormon theologian and Apostle Bruce McConkie states, "[A] plurality of gods exist . . . there is an infinite number of holy personages, drawn from worlds without number, who have passed on to exaltation and are thus gods."{3}

Joseph Smith wrote, "In the beginning, the head of the gods called a council of the gods; and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and (the) people in it."{4}

The Pearl of Great Price states in the Book of Abraham, "And they (the gods) said: let there be light and there was light. And they (the gods) comprehended the light, . . . and the gods called the light Day and the darkness they called Night. . . ." In these two chapters, the plural designation "gods" is used over fifty times.

Although they believe that numerous gods exist, Mormons consider themselves to be monotheists because they focus their worship exclusively on the Godhead of this earth. With this being the case, a more accurate description of Mormon practice is henotheism, a form of polytheism that stresses a central deity.

Pepper - I know that the internet is full of information - I can do a search and find out why Catholics are not really Christians as well. I can also do a search that will tell me why evangelicals are evil. Did you know Bush is the Anti-christ? It must be true, because I read it on the internet.

How many mormons have you talked to? The internet is filled with information alright - including mis-information. My sister & BIL are ex-fundies, I have heard it all.

I would love for a Mormon to come here & explain their beliefs. Because their is a ton of mis-information. As I said before - I am not a Mormon. You can read all the books you want, but if they are written by 'mainstream' Christians, the source will be suspect.

The source you sited above is an Evangelical site, which instantly makes any information they provide suspect.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, widely known as the LDS Church or the Mormon Church, is the fourth largest Christian denomination in the U.S.[

According to their beliefs, Jesus is the Divine Son of God the Father and the virgin Mary.[9] They believe Jesus lived a sinless life, and that his suffering, the shedding of his blood, his crucifixion, his death and resurrection were sufficient to satisfy the demands of eternal justice and make an infinite atonement for the sins of all humanity

They believe in Jesus' literal bodily resurrection, and that he currently sits at the right hand of God the Father. They believe Jesus is united in purpose with the Father, but that the Father and the Son are distinct glorified beings of flesh and bone, rather than solely spirit.

Here is some more food for thought (found on the trusty old internet)-

Alert!!!!

crossbn3.gif
The Roman Catholic "Church" is Not Christian
crossbn3.gif

Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic religion contradict the Bible repeatedly. It is the largest cult in the world and most preachers will not openly say so because it is so large. For Catholics who read this, please remember this: the person that tells you the truth is the one that cares.

And

From the Pope - Protestants won't be going to heavan

Why do the texts of the Council and those of the Magisterium since the Council not use the title of “Church” with regard to those Christian Communities born out of the Reformation of the sixteenth century?
RESPONSE
According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].
The Supreme Pontiff Benedict XVI, at the Audience granted to the undersigned Cardinal Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, ratified and confirmed these Responses, adopted in the Plenary Session of the Congregation, and ordered their publication.​

AND

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/

Great they left! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gosh - I am actually sad to say they were better off. Talk about falling off the wagon, they have gone so far down the wrong path now - that I actually wished they were still living in their Fundie world (she is toppless dancing now). :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's a LONG story....

Sorry about that post before - typing with an 18 month old on my lap was difficult. I didn't even realze I posted that before!!!

Gosh - I am actually sad to say they were better off. Talk about falling off the wagon, they have gone so far down the wrong path now - that I actually wished they were still living in their Fundie world (she is toppless dancing now). :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's a LONG story....

Sorry about that post before - typing with an 18 month old on my lap was difficult. I didn't even realze I posted that before!!!

I'm very sorry to hear things haven't worked out for them. :(

hardly surprising, i guess, when they weren't given good guidelines to follow within their cult. :(

baby out with the bathwater stuff, i suppose. :(

It's a LONG story....

Oh no, that's not good. Undoing the damage to one's psyche has to be near impossible.

I worry about the older FLDS kids being taught and experiencing that sex with an adult is ok as long as someone of authority says so. Does that mean they are easy targets for child molesting persons of authority in mainstream society? Not only do I worry that they are easy targets, I worry the FLDS kids may seek out those types of relationships.

It bothers me a great deal there is any discussion regarding the LDS on these FLDS related threads as we do have LDS members on this site and i think it disrespectful of their beliefs to be linking the two absolutely, IMO, different groups.

i wonder if this is why a forum has yet to be dedicated to the FLDS case in Texas in order not to offend LDS members? i would hope not and also sincerely hope LDS members are not upset.

FLDS is, IMO, a monster of its own making and is so far apart from LDS .

I hope a forum for this subject can be set up. Warren Jeffs trial is to begin later this week, and I feel that will intersect with the FLDS situation in Texas.

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - "Adult mothers who have been allowed to stay with their young children since they were taken from a polygamous sect will be separated from them after DNA sampling is completed next week, a child welfare official said Saturday.

Now, only mothers younger than 18 will be allowed to remain with their children once the sampling is complete. The welfare agency will also try to keep siblings together, he said."

Thank you for finding the answer to that question.

I hope a forum for this subject can be set up. Warren Jeffs trial is to begin later this week, and I feel that will intersect with the FLDS situation in Texas.

I just got a pm back, the mods are activly working on getting us a seperate forum.

I just got a pm back, the mods are activly working on getting us a seperate forum.

Excellent. we all have so much to say and it's all mixed up in different threads now it's impossible to find different subjects. i started a thread which has long slipped away for links only. :(

Excellent. we all have so much to say and it's all mixed up in different threads now it's impossible to find different subjects. i started a thread which has long slipped away for links only. :(

I added the CNN clip to it.

Thanks!

I've been trying confirm that Warren Jeffs trial is to begin this week. I had read that it was to start on April 25th (Friday) but can't find confirmation of that.

I did go to the Mohave County, Arizona Superior Court website, and checked the motions that have been filed in the case, and note that media in the form of cameras or recording equipment will not be allowed in the courtroom, but they will be allowed in the lobby outside the courtroom. They specifically mentioned Court TV. But I can't find a date for the beginning of the trial.

Thanks!

I've been trying confirm that Warren Jeffs trial is to begin this week. I had read that it was to start on April 25th (Friday) but can't find confirmation of that.

I did go to the Mohave County, Arizona Superior Court website, and checked the motions that have been filed in the case, and note that media in the form of cameras or recording equipment will not be allowed in the courtroom, but they will be allowed in the lobby outside the courtroom. They specifically mentioned Court TV. But I can't find a date for the beginning of the trial.
24 April 2008
http://www.newsahead.com/preview/20...aring-on-new-trial-for-warren-jeffs/index.php

I posted this on the other forum, but it seems to apply more here.

The ACLU may get involved in the case. They had a representative at the court hearings.

http://nvpolygamy.wordpress.com/category/kelly-fischer/
Despite the pleadings of several friends and family, Kelly Fischer has been sentence to 45 days in jail, 3 years of probation, and he must register as a sex offender. Letters were written to the court by friends and family asking for leniency, and specifically no jail time. Judge Steven Conn had the option of giving Fischer up to two years in jail.

A jury found Kelly Fischer guilty of having sex with a minor and conspiracy in an Arizona courtroom today. As the verdict was read, Fischer sat still, visibly clenching his jaw. The trial weighed on testimony from witnesses Issac Wyler and Richard Holm, according to the jury foreman.

Interestingly, there was no victim present in court. The minor Fischer had sex with was nowhere to be found. Neither were his other wives. Leaving the courtroom, Fischer was of few words. “You guys are like flies,” he said"

First Trial of the Eight Polygamists Start
July 17, 2006
http://nvpolygamy.wordpress.com/category/kelly-fischer/
Mr. Fischer is owner of Cozy Log Homes, and ATI Construction, both Nevada businesses. Cozy was moved from Hildale to Mesquite shortly after the UEP was taken out of the hands of Colorado City/Hildale leadership.

Mr. Fischer, along with 7 other men were indicted in a sweeping dragnet that included the prophet of the FLDS, Warren Jeffs. Charges against the eight included sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. Mr. Fischer turned himself in to authorities and currently is awaiting trial.

Another of the eight charged:

http://nvpolygamy.wordpress.com/category/law-enforcement/
A member of a polygamist sect who pleaded no contest to a child abuse charge for taking an underage wife has been sentenced to one day in jail and three years probation.

Colorado City resident Vergel Jessop will also have to register as a sex offender during his probation. County prosecutors say the judge in Mohave County spared him additional jail time yesterday because his wife has significant medical problems.

Jessop had been charged in August 2005 with sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He pleaded no contest to the lesser charge in December.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back