Focusing Solely on Cindy's Inconsistencies

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's sad how many men look for and often "need" women like Cindy. The constant mother, caretaker and head of the household. Their only responsibility is keeping the "mother" happy so they can go on using her.

I have never seen my mother in any realtionship with a "normal" man (and I'm in my late 30's).. she has been mother or "boss" to everyone she has come in contact with. These women always run the show, always! ..normal men run from these types of women but there are so many "abnormal" ones these days who need this type of woman in their life. Cindy will do just fine if she and George split, IMO. Though I doubt George will ever find the b@lls to leave.

Your post reminded me of something my Mom has always said......."He opens his mouth, and her voice comes out." That describes G & C.

I believe CA has had the reality of Caylee's murder smack her directly in the face but her personality will not allow anyone other than GA to witness it. She has to maintain her image and HER reality she created years ago.

snipped by me...

ITA! I think the whole family has had it hit them, but they would NEVER let the general public know that. They are protecting their image of a "functional" family... instead of the dysfunctional clan we all know they are. She may break down in front of GA, or LA... but never ever in public.

It will be interesting to see how she will get through this trial.

snipped by me...

ITA! I think the whole family has had it hit them, but they would NEVER let the general public know that. They are protecting their image of a "functional" family... instead of the dysfunctional clan we all know they are. She may break down in front of GA, or LA... but never ever in public.

It will be interesting to see how she will get through this trial.

My guess is w/ the same bravado and moxie she has displayed all along. I think she will wear well during the trial. Oh, there may be times when we see what appears to be a softer, gentler side, such as she trotted out for her last LKL and Early Show appearance. But, all in all I think she'll be seething.

I can't wait......

MissJames, I'm so glad you brought that video up; it's been rambling around in my mind forever! I could never reconcile it with any of the other pieces I've seen of Cindy. She was so kind, even patting the lady's hand, in the face of being blasted to bits. . . Now this was a huge inconsistency!!!

Or, she was on the right combination of medication.

Countzero: And I agree with you. They say everyone grieves differently. In my husband's family he lost two younger sisters, his father, his mother all from Cancer within a ten year period. Then I lost him. By the time my husband passed from Cancer I pretty much knew what to expect. CA lies because it comes natural to her. She is in protective mode. With the decomp in the car we all know she went into denial and she is still pretty much there now. Look at the tapes from the Morgan depo. She is really angry and defensive. Guilt, guilt, guilt. I would think she will not let reality set in yet but it will. My guess if CA had opened the trunk of the car and found Caylee I would agree with you there would not have been a 911 call. There would be another thing CA could use to control KC. JMO

I'm so sorry to hear of your many losses Lambchop. Your post mirrors one of mine early on in this case. I too believe that if CA had discovered Caylee's body there would not have been a 911 call and I believe Caylee would have faded away into history with some explanation of her absence that they would "expect" everyone to buy into......

Hello WS ;)

Here is the first ten minutes of Cindy's video interview with FBI
July30th, 2008

LE: How ya holding up?
CA: It gets harder every day, it, it really does because I, I, the reason we reached out to you is because of our frustrations with the Orange County Sheriff's department and stuff and this(inaudible)I think it, I think the focus is not finding Caylee and that's really frustrating to us, and she's the most important thing finding her(inaudible)and ever thing else will fall right into place.
(another LE comes in room)
LE: Did you introduce yourself?
LE: No I did not, I apologize, I'm (name)
CA: Your the State Trooper
LE: (inaudible)Steve works for Seminole County and he's the one who arranged for us to be able to use this facility, out of the way...
CA: Yes, I appreciate this because, you know, its so nice to get away from the media and any other you know, stuff that's out there.
LE: (Inaudible crosstalk)I understand, I been around these situations before, I don't know what Josh told you but...
CA: You know, we really didn't talk to Josh a whole lot about you guys involvement and I'm sure you guys has a huge involvement in this situation. He(inaudible)knew that I was frustrated the other day and I said because, you know, they, they've been telling us that FBI was calling last, a week, not Monday the 28th but the 21st, there was, you know, we weren't sure if that was the case or not and we were kind of wondering why you guys weren't called in, in the beginning when it was said it was a kidnapping. So, and I'm sure there's, you know, channels of communication and everything but more frustration I got was from speaking with this ah, witness from the airport and you know, I urged her to reach out to the FBI and she did and she finally told me some information but I wanted to reach out as well because, I mean its just, I think we should...
LE: Are you talking about the lady that was on the plane that...
CA: (Name of lady)yeah
LE: I spoke with her twice as a matter of fact and she felt, you know, put some concern out that nothin's being done, I let her know, I mean, that day we'd sent out nine leads, um, so I'm working out of (inaudible)FBI office, I've been working out of that office for three years...
CA: Well there was some red flags with her, you know, not her, herself but her um, her reac, interaction with the sheriff's department, first red flag was when she thought it was strange as did I, that they wanted to meet up with her at a McDonald's to do her statement and a composite sketch. Her and her son at a McDonald's, I mean, I don't know what you all do I mean, this is the first time we've really had any major, my son, my husband was a deputy sheriff in Ohio fer uh, nine years before I met him and he, you know is in it for another year and a half until we said no more, that's enough I've, I've I want to have a husband, a son for my, I mean a father for my son(inaudible)I mean so we don't know all of the ins and outs and things like that, but I mean I could not imagine you would take a fourteen year old and a woman to McDonald's to do, get a written statement and do a composite sketch. That was kind of like a red flag and we were just kind of wondering were they blowin' her off? She kinda felt like they were blowin' her off, and her, her stuff was so compelling, I mean things that she said, she even said that she, Caylee had said her name and the way she said Caylee's name because when ever someone would call in and tell us they'd already spoken with the, you know, the tip line, now this particular tip came in, um, a week ago Tuesday on the 22nd, she called me, in fact I have um, I think the minutes, um she had called me on the 22nd I, we got home from the uh, bond hearing and I always listen to the messages just to see if there's anything I need to take care of right away, and her's was probably about a four minute message and then I call her back and I (inaudible)speaking with her, probably spoke for ten minutes, I immediately hang up, relay everything she told me to detective M. and I documented 8:40, I mean 8:14, that I spoke to him on his voice mail and told him everything, her sighting and what she said, I gave her the name and everything like that, ah, she told me she had a difficult time getting through to the tip line, she said that she'd been, had been trying since she got back from her trip and she didn't know until she got back from her trip, which was that weekend, that Caylee was a missing person or she would have said something prior to that, I mean, the things that she talked about Caylee...is Caylee. So, that's why its kind of compelling I mean, from the baby doll, to how she spoke, how Caylee would go up to her puppy, she has a Yorkshire Terrier, she was on the trip to take the Yorkie puppy, we have two Yorkie puppies at our home, um, you know, but, she came up ta her and her son and they spent ten, fifteen minutes with her, so not just sighting across a restaurant like some of them come in or across, you know, the street at a gas station or whathaveyou, but if this person said that she stated the name she state the fact that she was two almost three I mean there's a lot of things that, you know, sounded right. The other thing was she had a cap on, one kids don't like caps, Cay, Caylee has a lot of hats different types of hats, scarfs things like that, those usually don't stay on but the typical baseball cap type of thing she'll wear, she likes those and down to the baby doll that had no clothes on Caylee's m.o. is as soon as you give her a new baby doll its stripped down ta nothing, and you know Casey and I constantly would try to put the clothes on the baby doll so just things like that you know and then the fact that she said Caylee, and She said she really couldn't tell the middle name was because when Caylee speaks her name, full name she'll say, Caylee Marie Anthony, if you, if you ask her what her first name is she'll say Caylee, if you ask her middle name she'll say Marie, if you ask her what her last name is she says Anthony very clearly but what she winds it up to be, the way she says it all is one big sentence which for a little girl that's a sentence, three, you know, parts of her name, the Anthony comes out Antony instead of Anthony. So, again these are all, I told her, describe what you saw, I mean I didn't say anything to her one way or the other, oh my god, this is it, this isn't it, you know, I mean so those were the things that were very compelling, the fact, I mean, she described her down to what she was wearing, things like that and she noticed the other lady, so her frustration early on was from the 22nd until, like last friday or thursday she really didn't have any follow up and she was concerned about that um, that she hadn't had any follow up with anybody.
LE: Maybe to alieveate some of to those worries for you, in a much a lot of times that's the problem with(inaudible) tipsters they want to know what happened...
CA: I know
LE: ...and quite frankly its our job...
CA: Uh-hum
LE: ...to run leads but we're not going ot tell them because that influences later on...
CA: Exactly
LE: ...what they come back with, we understand, we understand it we hope that they understand that but uh, we want you to know that those minutes were followed up we did identify those kids that were on that plane...
CA: Did you?
LE: Yes
CA: Okay because the detective told my ah, son on the weekend, which was saturday, just this past saturday that they um, wasted a lot of time with the Orlando airport tip and that the video did not pan out, you know that there was, you know, nothing. Well, I have peop, I know someone that works at the airport, they said the video was not available because the videos not already run over so I don't know if that's true or not so if they're telling us that they looked at a video and they didn't see Caylee on that video, then is that truthful or is, was there a video and...
LE: I don't know, I don't know about videos, I know that, that, that(inaudible)should know more about this particular instance, with the manifest and that kind of stuff.
LE: (other) I know that I talked to (name) like I said twice, I'm sorry (name), and ah, that she, you know raised some concerns on friday about nothing being done and I explained to her, ah well actually after that we received information from Orange County somebody, 'cause we are trying to handle the out of state leads and we're working with the appropriate jurisdiction we're those agents can go out and ah, contact those individuals and that's what happened in this case and that was like one of the nine others we sent that day.
CA: Okay
LE: Um, and that's really the only reason I called her in the first place was, sometimes you just don't know whether people heard what they really did, ah, 'cause this one child's name was a similar name and its, its like a female being called(name)and her dolly is(name) what's your name? It's(dolly smith).
CA: Right
LE: And that's why I want to find out, you know, is this, I mean you know is she sure and certain she heard it. I never got to that point ah, because I ah, she was confident in her mind that when the little girl said my name is so and so, this is what she expressed to me, she said and she kept on referring to her as Caylee, that's I said well my point is moot, I don't think she's , she's got the mind set that this is what she feels happened so, uh, and, and I understand that and I wouldn't try and change her mind...thought that...
CA: ...Oh, I understand that too but she's a, was a red flag too because she said the agent, at that time she'd found out it was Steve and she said that one question that they asked is um did she speak with Mr(end video part 1)

Hello WS :)

Sorry to push up my own post but because of the doc dump I saw there was a "new" interview with Cindy. MyFox Orlando has the date of this interview as April 21, 2009. As I started to read the transcript it was familiar: my red flag post. This is not all of that interview transcribed: and now I am glad that it is but I want to make sure I am seeing this right. Why do I have that this interview was on July 30th of 2008?
Am I confused? Help.

Thanks everybody.

...jmo...I:blowkiss:WS

Sorry to push up my own post but because of the doc dump I saw there was a "new" interview with Cindy. MyFox Orlando has the date of this interview as April 21, 2009. As I started to read the transcript it was familiar: my red flag post. This is not all of that interview transcribed: and now I am glad that it is but I want to make sure I am seeing this right. Why do I have that this interview was on July 30th of 2008?
Am I confused? Help.

Thanks everybody.

It's MyFox Orlando that is confused, not you and other news outlets too have reported this was an interview from April 2009 and others that it was June 2009. Today's document included transcripts from 2 different CA interviews - at least there's 2 that I've seen so far but have not reviewed all docs. Anyway, the first one was the FBI interview on 7/30 as you stated but there is a date of 4/21/09 on the doc. My guess is this is the date it was transcribed. The second one was with OCSO on Aug 1st. Both transcripts were reviewed for accuracy & signed by OCSO in June 2009 which I'm guessing is why other news outlets reported the interviews during June of this year. It was oversights in the rush to get the docs out and someone just used the 1st date they saw and someone else used the last date they saw. But these are not new interviews and you are not as confused as you thought you were!

Thank you Patty G. and aafromaa for clearing up the issue of the dates of said interview with Cindy. :)

Statement to LE(Lee Anthony)
July29, 2008

LA: Uhm, I've always just heard nanny. Specifically "N"(chuckles)and not "Z", "N". Uhm, Casey maintained that you know uhm, "Caylee's at the Nanny's house. Uh, she's sleeping, I don't want to take her out of you know, what's been normal for her lately. We can go get her in the morning. Uhm, I don't want to interrupt her." And uhm, frankly it didn't make a lot of sense to me uhm, because it had been at that time weeks that my mother had not been able to, she hadn't seen my sis...even my sister. She hadn't talked to Caylee she, and while, while she's had communication with Casey she's not had any communication with Caylee and my moth..my mother was extremely concerned because of the nature of how the car, we were notified about the car, and that my sister even claimed that she was out of, out of the city when she wasn't. That my mother was saying, "Okay, if you weren't where you were how do I know where Caylee is where you say that she's been?
LE: Uh-huh
LA: So, she was pretty much saying, "Your going to have to prove it to me." So every time my mother would go outside I'd try to ask something to my sister that maybe she wouldn't feel comfortable saying in front of my mom. You know, asking what's going on? You know, what's the deal? And she still maintained everything, but she would say, uhm that's when she opened up to me and said uhm, uhm, "Mom has uhm, thrown it in my face many times before that I'm an unfit mother and you know maybe she's right and maybe I am." She offered up to me for the first time that uhm, even though Caylee's been the best thing and the best mistake, that she was indeed a mistake. That she was Casey's mistake.
LE: Now Casey's telling you that mom said this to her?
LA: To Casey, yes.
LE: I see.
LA: But she did not give me any indication on was there any uhm, period of time when this happened...
LE: Did it almost seem like an overall theme that she's...
LA: Yes
LE: ...carrying with her that her mother was disappointed in her...
LA: Right
LE: ...because of...
LA Or maybe not feel like Casey is being the Mother that she should be towards Caylee.

LE: There had to be uh, there has to be, whether its intentional or what, I know my mother has said on numerous occasions to me and even to uh, Yuri and the other, and the other guys that uhm, she feels Casey has some sort of resentment to my mother. That my mother has always been the provider for Caylee, even down to the extent that my mother was the first person to hold Caylee when she came out of the womb. So, my mom is convinced that my sister holds some, some kind of resentment to her.

So Cindy even told LE that Casey resented her re: Caylee. :confused:
When Cindy got depo'ed this week I wonder if they asked her about her relationship with Casey. Well, I bet they did, but I wonder what she said to them that day? I like seeing the old stuff when we get new stuff so I'm posting this and then some more of a LA statement but I might have to put that on another thread.

I was happy to see that the FBI interview has been transcribed, to get the first part for my other post I had to listen to the interview: that wears very thin, listening to CA. Reading what she has to say allows me to handle more of it at a time but not much.

For me there is a lot of fill in information in this interview with CA. I was able to copy up to page 33 and I will post that here(I have skipped through in some places it is not near all 33 pages). The reason I stopped is because it became all too clear that CA was trying to implicate AH, TL and really anyone else in the "kidnapping" of Caylee. It was making me sick to my stomach to be in her mind. I know some people still or always have had sympathy and understanding for Cindy, and that is good because it balances out people like me who have to pray to keep the hate they feel for her out of their heart. I am just admitting it, I am not proud of it, I do not enjoy feeling this way about anyone but...

A good mother will protect her child, but would a good person dismiss her daughters role while throwing innocent people under the bus?
No. She is not a good person and her pain is not an excuse for her behavior, it is a reason but not an excuse.

Need I say that what is said here is inconsistent with statements Cindy has made previously? There is a point in this interview where FBI actually uses the word: inconsistencies in reference to Casey and Cindy's statements. Seeing Cindy's behavior as a woman willing to do anything to "save" her granddaughter means accepting that the FBI and other law enforcement were not trying to save Caylee because Cindy is very at odds with LE per many statements(docs).

Am I truly to believe that an officer said: "the little girl is dead anyway"? How does the FBI take that? Will they find out if an officer said this?

Statement to FBI(Cindy Anthony)
July 2008

CA: ...was also brought into McDonald's, statement taken. I mean most mother's wouldn't bring in their children into something like this unless there was...they would have pretty you know, definite feelings about it. I know I certainly wouldn't involve my kids if...on a whim of something of this magnitude. Uhm, I lost my point, oh that officer, after I took the sketch her leaned into her and says, "I don't know why were doing this 'cause the little girls dead." And that's upsetting to family members, its upsetting to people like her uhm, to hear those types of things. And from the way every things being handled right now, you know its very obvious right now that they're focusing their concerns on building a case against my daughter. And for whatever reasons you know that's fine they can do whatever they want but I don't want the investigation stopped into looking for Caylee. Because uhm, I know my daughter did not kill her and I have more and more things I want to share with you today.
(skip)
CA: Because its almost like in the eyes of the media and in the eyes of the OCSD they always have...they already have an open and shut case against my daughter. There is a lot of evidence out there that's not evidence yet. There's a lot of um, mis-statements Melich's report there's holes all in it and mis-statements. So, there's also a lot of clues that Casey's been giving and I guess that's what brings us even before last night um, there was a lot of concerns, lot of red flags. My son and my husband and I have had an opportunity to get past that initial shock of not having Caylee in our lives right now. Um, we're starting to put things together and it does make a lot of sense. She's been saying all along that she's doing the best she can. Just wants someone to hear what she is saying.
LE: Right
(skip)
(paraphrase)Cindy wants to now why the FBI has not spoken to Casey and FBI says Casey has to initiate that: "The FBI can not initiate that contact at all" he says because Casey is a charged individual.

LE: My rules for Casey would be very simple. You were the last person with her.
CA: Uh-huh
LE: There have been inconsistencies and outright untruths that have been provided to Law enforcement up to this point. What is going to change in our conversation that is going to help us find Caylee. That's what, that's all I would want to know. Because quite frankly I've listened to a little bit of what she told them and what she has done up to this point. And I think we would be in agreement if we're looking at her from the outside in.
CA: And not knowing what her motive is.
LE: And not knowing what her motives are there have been misleading things done by her on certain occasions with regard to finding Caylee.
CA: Right
(skip)
CA: Right. Well, and I think understanding um, a little bit more everyday, again she's maintained from the day one that Caylee was taken away from her you know. She handed you know, she gave in good faith Caylee to this person that day. And then was betrayed by that person. Uhm, and that person has...you know is not bringing her back and is trying to make either some statement um, to Casey, which now makes more sense. I mean I'm finding a little bit more out having a conversation with her that I didn't have an opportunity to speak with her that, those few hours I had with her.
(skip)
CA: And uh, knowing Casey the way she is, she'll do anything to protect her daughter as far as if she feels that she's in harms way or her family. And those, I hope you guys her to see the um, tapes of George and my visitation with her because she, she's talks about this that she is protecting the family.
(skip)
CA: She says its not emotional mom its physical. So, I have to believe that she's fearful that someone is threatening her daughter or one of us. And what I'm gonna be telling you may make more sense than that, the more you start thinking she told me, "remember the conversations mom." When she talked to the detectives that night you know she told them that she you know, um, couldn't take the hurt, you know them to Caylee okay?
CA: Because she didn't know where Caylee was at but she knew who had Caylee okay but she didn't now where they were holding Caylee. And um, Casey told me 'cause I asked her I says, well why were you not there when you said you were? And she says, "well mom if I'd come home without Caylee it'd been a red flag, you would have called the authorities." She goes, it wouldn't have been safe that's why she didn't feel comfortable gong to, she was very relieved when I drove her to the first um, police annex. Mainly just to say can you help convince her I need to, I want to see my granddaughter. Because it, it just didn't make sense at all at that point, to me there was a big red flag.
LE: Okay I want to ask you a question.
CA: Yes
LE: Before you go on.
CA: Yes
LE: And have you listened to the new information that you haven't told me yet?
CA: (No verbal response)
LE: Step back objectively, does it make sense to you?
CA: Yes, it does.
LE: Okay
CA: Every things making sense more and more everyday.

I have more to this interview and I will post later but I want to end on that last statement: "Every things making sense more and more everyday." Really? Well if that is true, why have we never once heard any complete story from Cindy that "made sense" in all this time? Before Caylee's body was found they could say they were still protecting the family or Caylee but once Caylee was found: why continue?

...jmo...

July 30th, Cindy-FBI interview
In the FBI interview with S. Bolin Cindy went into great detail about the Tampa trip KC made when Zanny got into the wreck. She described each day (20th through 27th IIRC), what happened, when she spoke to KC, etc. She left nothing out of the story except one important part--KC returned home on the 24th of June (gas can day). If you read her account of this week, you can see that she's not just giving a general idea of the events of that week but talking specifically about what happened each day during KC's alleged Tampa trip. In this context, it would be impossible for her to forget to include the fact that KC was caught at home on the 24th by George Her last sentence is "Casey called me on the 27th, sometime in the afternoon said they were back in Orlando." pg. 7684-7685

July 31st, George- FBI interview
A day later, GA interviews with the same FBI agent, S. Bolin. He tells about the gas can incident/day, including KC's return home. He leaves nothing out of the story; it takes up 8 pgs. pg.7916-7923

August 1st, Cindy-Interview with Y Melich and E. Edwards
The day after, Cindy interviews with YM and EE. She describes the Tampa trip and doesn't fail to include a detailed account of KC's return home to get Zanny's insurance papers on the 24th. pg.7807-7814

I wonder if she purposely omitted telling the FBI agent on July 30th of KC's return/gas can incident or if she knew nothing about it at that time. Reading CA's account of the trip to Tampa/hospital incident in the FBI interview (July 30th) you can tell she wouldn't have left this important part of the story out. Next day, GA tells FBI all about gas can day, including KC's surprise return to the house. Curiously, on the day after GA's interview, CA's account of the Tampa/hospital incident to YM and EE includes KC's return home on the 24th, along with an excuse for why she's there...Zanny's insurance papers. Did CA realize after GA gave his interview that he told of KC's return to the house so that she felt she had to include it with her story to detectives the next day? Or, did GA not tell her about the gas can incident/KC's return until after his interview? I just can't believe that CA would inadvertantly leave out this part of the story when speaking to FBI agents. It became a major part of her story two days later when she spoke with Orange county detectives. I recall during the GVS interview that CA didn't want to go anywhere near the gas can story...she referred GVS to GA for any information on that.

In the FBI interview with S. Bolin Cindy went into great detail about the Tampa trip KC made when Zanny got into the wreck. She described each day (20th through 27th IIRC), what happened, when she spoke to KC, etc. She left nothing out of the story except one important part--KC returned home on the 24th of June (gas can day). If you read her account of this week, you can see that she's not just giving a general idea of the events of that week but talking specifically about what happened each day during KC's alleged Tampa trip. In this context, it would be impossible for her to forget to include the fact that KC was caught at home on the 24th by George Her last sentence is "Casey called me on the 27th, sometime in the afternoon said they were back in Orlando." pg. 7684-7685

A day later, GA interviews with the same FBI agent, S. Bolin. He tells about the gas can incident/day, including KC's return home. He leaves nothing out of the story; it takes up 8 pgs. pg.7916-7923

The day after, Cindy interviews with YM and EE. She describes the Tampa trip and doesn't fail to include a detailed account of KC's return home to get Zanny's insurance papers on the 24th. pg.7807-7814

I wonder if she purposely omitted telling the FBI agent on July 30th of KC's return/gas can incident or if she knew nothing about it at that time. Reading CA's account of the trip to Tampa/hospital incident in the FBI interview (July 30th) you can tell she wouldn't have left this important part of the story out. Next day, GA tells FBI all about gas can day, including KC's surprise return to the house. Curiously, on the day after GA's interview, CA's account of the Tampa/hospital incident to YM and EE includes KC's return home on the 24th, along with an excuse for why she's there...Zanny's insurance papers. Did CA realize after GA gave his interview that he told of KC's return to the house so that she felt she had to include it with her story to detectives the next day? Or, did GA not tell her about the gas can incident/KC's return until after his interview? I just can't believe that CA would inadvertantly leave out this part of the story when speaking to FBI agents. It became a major part of her story two days later when she spoke with Orange county detectives. I recall during the GVS interview that CA didn't want to go anywhere near the gas can story...she referred GVS to GA for any information on that.

I think you're right. This is a perfect example of how the family was not united in their story telling. When she tells the story after GA, she includes his tale in her's.

I think this is why she is careful to record things now.

CA speaking of the missing lanyard. It was there the night the sheriff's deputies arrived but gone the next morning when she went to give it to the detectives:

CA: That was the only thing that was missing. Casey never had an opportunity to go into that garage. Because as soon as I brought her home I followed her into the house. My son stayed with her while I was dialing the police. And the police kept her ever since. She was never out of their sight so she never had an opportunity to go into the garage. pg. 7547

Lee's story contradicts his mother's:

LA: Casey had uhm, uh, uh, advised me on the 15th while I was waiting to fill out my statement before I could go to Tony's house to pick up Casey's stuff. Uhm, I was in the garage because they had separated my folks from my sister. I sat in the garage with my sister.
EE: With the car right there?
LA: With the car right there. And it was atrocious. pg.1471

CA speaking of the missing lanyard. It was there the night the sheriff's deputies arrived but gone the next morning when she went to give it to the detectives:

CA: That was the only thing that was missing. Casey never had an opportunity to go into that garage. Because as soon as I brought her home I followed her into the house. My son stayed with her while I was dialing the police. And the police kept her ever since. She was never out of their sight so she never had an opportunity to go into the garage. pg. 7547

Lee's story contradicts his mother's:

LA: Casey had uhm, uh, uh, advised me on the 15th while I was waiting to fill out my statement before I could go to Tony's house to pick up Casey's stuff. Uhm, I was in the garage because they had separated my folks from my sister. I sat in the garage with my sister.
EE: With the car right there?
LA: With the car right there. And it was atrocious. pg.1471

Excellent catch!

I'm not here to defend CA but I took this differently. I haven't read through this in the transcripts released yesterday but I recall it from the video.

It was my impression that when CA was speaking to FBI about this she was relaying all the things KC told her about that Tampa trip, ZFG accident, new car, etc rather than what actually happened. It was during the part where she was telling them about how she had concluded that all the things KC said were actually clues to the truth. She was telling them each day what KC said about where they were and what they were doing and who she said she was with because she knew all those things were lies now but that she thought there were clues in those lies and she wanted the FBI to jump on the cryptic band wagon and follow up on those clues.

Anyway, I don't think she was omitting the gas can story for any reason other than she was focusing on relaying to the FBI the clues KC had been giving her and the gas cans weren't part of that.

I'm not here to defend CA but I took this differently. I haven't read through this in the transcripts released yesterday but I recall it from the video.

It was my impression that when CA was speaking to FBI about this she was relaying all the things KC told her about that Tampa trip, ZFG accident, new car, etc rather than what actually happened. It was during the part where she was telling them about how she had concluded that all the things KC said were actually clues to the truth. She was telling them each day what KC said about where they were and what they were doing and who she said she was with because she knew all those things were lies now but that she thought there were clues in those lies and she wanted the FBI to jump on the cryptic band wagon and follow up on those clues.

Anyway, I don't think she was omitting the gas can story for any reason other than she was focusing on relaying to the FBI the clues KC had been giving her and the gas cans weren't part of that.

That makes sense. I could see CA thinking that she was giving the FBI important clues. I am amazed that she really thinks the FBI agents would want to play "guess what I'm trying to say."

I think she did expect that, because she seemed frustrated that OSCO did not play along with the "clues" that KC was giving. As if, KC was giving important information that the cops were too dense to pick up on.

Am I wrong in thinking Cindy claimed the gas can incident never happened, or if it did took place much earlier than the 24th? I thought that was one of the major issues that George claimed that this event happened and Cindy denied it. Or was that the car chase..but then I thought that happened the same day. I'm so confused.

On July 30th, this story doesn't quite match... yet.

We know that GA stated that when KC and Caylee left on the 16th of June, KC informed him that they would not be returning home because she would be working late that night. They would stay overnight at Zanny's.

But, in her FBI interview on July 30th, CA said this about the last time GA saw KC and Caylee together:

"And George saw her on the 16th like I said leaving. And her deal was she had said she was headed off to work for a few hours and she was gonna drop Caylee off at Zanny's the baby sitter's and gonna pick her up and...plan was to be back later that night. But, I had gotten a phone call, God I don't know what point in the evening, and said that um, she had a lot going on. And that she wasn't gonna come home they were gonna crash at Zanny's that night her and Caylee were gonna just stay at Zanny's." pg. 7676-7677

I think they had it ironed out by the time GVS interviewed them.

I agree that the above does not match up, along with.....the fact in KC's statement she gave LE was that she went by Zanny's to pick up Caylee after work......if she was staying the night with her, why was she going by to pick her up....just like everyday......???

Respectfully, I disagree. All the stuff you're talking about comes at a different part of the interview than what I'm referring too. SB doesn't entertain any of that nonsense while he's leading her through the timeline and Cindy knows it.

Starting on page 7674, line 20, the FBI agent begins to lead CA through a very careful timeline, beginning with the last time CA saw Caylee.

SB: Alright, now we're gonna go back to, when did Caylee and, and I'm gonna play completely dumb with you.
CA: Okay no problem.
SB: Okay. 'Cause I don't know all the specific dates I know that...
CA: You want to know the last time we saw her. Yeah.
SB: We'll start with the last time you saw them.

The agent then leads her carefully through each date and CA tells him everything she knows about each day. The agent gets to the 20th, (with the agent naming each date in chronological order as they come to it) where CA begins to talk about the Tampa trip. The interview continues until they get through the Tampa story which ends on p.7688 All the talk of clues and such came prior to beginning this timeline (and some after). SB does not stray off the timeline he's putting together with CA. There's no nonsense or speculating about clues throughout the timeline discussion. Reading through it you can see right where she should have inserted the trip KC made back to Orlando on the 24th. CA's story doesn't even have a place to put it if she did just leave it out. It doesn't match what she's telling SB. This is a major part of the story that doesn't fit in nor is it even mentioned to the FBI agent. When she interviews with the detectives two days later, she fits it right into the story. She makes it match up in this interview. The detectives are doing a timeline with her in this interview as well. There's no way she could have just left it out when doing the timeline with the agent, imo. You really have to read it to see what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back