Follow the Money....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bates 2994-2999 in document dump #1 are for subpoenas for Bank of America account for Teresa. She may have had up to 6 accounts at that bank because the other bank accounts are only one page each?

I haven't come across subpoenas for mark accounts in the first Dump yet as I'm working on the indexing for the first doc dump right now and I'm halfway through.
Kate / mods which thread should I post it in when I finish it, and as you did with the second doc dump indexing I did .. you can copy it elsewhere?

Put it here and then it can be copied anywhere:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rs-Documents-miscellaneous-and-discovery-docs

Thanks.

maybe the money and coins laying around was part of the staging? Who in their right mind leaves all that just laying around. MS left out dope, needles etc also...............is this left to say 'I'm innocent, I would of gotten rid of it knowing cops were coming to my house for my wife's murder?'

That's an interesting thought!

When MS told Skinner (Skinner thread, MS friend) LE made him open the safes..(!)..it sounded to me like MS was surprised he even had to do that, since the safes seemed undisturbed, although LE just wanted to make sure, nothing was taken from the safes. So, why wasn't it in MS's interest to check, if the content was untouched. The house was a crime scene, his wife was murdered, and the safes were full of money and other valuables. But the police made him opening the safes..hmm. Didn't he expect the contents being scrutinized? Perhaps not, if it was a 'burglary gone wrong'. But an ordered hit - if that's what happened..- everything and everyone will be scrutinized.
So, yes, the stuff laying around could express, what you are suggesting. Also, it could suggest additional motive for burglary, intruders peeking through windows and possibly spotting money laying around (on MS's desk for example).

-Nin

Maybe he wanted it to appear as if they had lots of money so that their finances wouldn't be investigated as part of the criminal investigation.

H
That's an interesting thought!

When MS told Skinner (Skinner thread, MS friend) LE made him open the safes..(!)..it sounded to me like MS was surprised he even had to do that, since the safes seemed undisturbed, although LE just wanted to make sure, nothing was taken from the safes. So, why wasn't it in MS's interest to check, if the content was untouched. The house was a crime scene, his wife was murdered, and the safes were full of money and other valuables. But the police made him opening the safes..hmm. Didn't he expect the contents being scrutinized? Perhaps not, if it was a 'burglary gone wrong'. But an ordered hit - if that's what happened..- everything and everyone will be scrutinized.
So, yes, the stuff laying around could express, what you are suggesting. Also, it could suggest additional motive for burglary, intruders peeking through windows and possibly spotting money laying around (on MS's desk for example).

-Nin

And if it really was a burglary, all of those little safes would've been taken out of the house. None of them seemed to be bolted down or cemented into the floor.
A true burglar would've simply removed them--they had plenty of time.
And for 2 guys, shouldn't be a problem & they could pry them open at their own convenience when back at their own digs.

Sometimes "common sense" should apply.....

Maybe he wanted it to appear as if they had lots of money so that their finances wouldn't be investigated as part of the criminal investigation.

Then he picked the wrong guy to discover TS. Gotta love MP for having his wits about him during that initial interview and revealing just enough.

It is pretty obvious, to me anyway, TS did not or could not busy herself with the business end of the practice, as evidenced by the website. It really is not very professionally done. AR described TS as a Type A person, preferring everything to be neat and tidy. This is a perfect example (I think) about what kind of control MS had on her. I don't think for a second, based on what I've read about TS and her proclivity for order, this website would have passed her 'litmus test'. On the other hand, I don't know why the website surprises me- just take a look at MS's van and home office. She really had very little influence on him and was probably sick of it. JMO.

I think TS's hands were tied and she had to pick her battles. Perhaps at the end she chose to fight him or criticize him on matters that involved the girls. Or maybe she had just given up. Seeing that room in the house that TS hollowed out for herself amongst the chaos MS created is so sad.

maybe the money and coins laying around was part of the staging? Who in their right mind leaves all that just laying around. MS left out dope, needles etc also...............is this left to say 'I'm innocent, I would of gotten rid of it knowing cops were coming to my house for my wife's murder?'

There was dope left out? Where? (I think I missed that)

Also, I could be wrong but I thought those insulin syringes were inside a safe?

-----------------

I will say this - the entire inside of that house kind of gives me the creeps in some way. I don't know exactly what it is. I've certainly seen messy houses before in my lifetime. The shelves upon shelves of overstuffed baskets of - stuff. Just lots and lots of stuff.

The upholstery on the living room sofa is just absolutely filthy. The arms and the seating areas are terrible looking. There is what appears to be a bunk bed ladder up against the wall near the sofa. And the pictures on the wall above the sofa look to be hung rather haphazardly and crookedly. In the overall, I'd say that it looks like they were "living rough".

Perhaps it is just not what I expected to see of the interior of a medical doctor's home. It rather looks like the home of immature twenty-somethings with a tendency to rat-packing.

Sorry if I am being too harsh. Just the impression I've gotten from it all.

H

And if it really was a burglary, all of those little safes would've been taken out of the house. None of them seemed to be bolted down or cemented into the floor.
A true burglar would've simply removed them--they had plenty of time.
And for 2 guys, shouldn't be a problem & they could pry them open at their own convenience when back at their own digs.

Sometimes "common sense" should apply.....

Yes! I think that's the kicker. The attempt at staging was pathetic, amateur hour. The "burglars" stick around and clean themselves/crime scene but they don't bother to take anything??? So clearly the "burglars" didn't panic and run.

There was dope left out? Where? (I think I missed that)

Also, I could be wrong but I thought those insulin syringes were inside a safe?

-----------------

I will say this - the entire inside of that house kind of gives me the creeps in some way. I don't know exactly what it is. I've certainly seen messy houses before in my lifetime. The shelves upon shelves of overstuffed baskets of - stuff. Just lots and lots of stuff.

The upholstery on the living room sofa is just absolutely filthy. The arms and the seating areas are terrible looking. There is what appears to be a bunk bed ladder up against the wall near the sofa. And the pictures on the wall above the sofa look to be hung rather haphazardly and crookedly. In the overall, I'd say that it looks like they were "living rough".

Perhaps it is just not what I expected to see of the interior of a medical doctor's home. It rather looks like the home of immature twenty-somethings with a tendency to rat-packing.

Sorry if I am being too harsh. Just the impression I've gotten from it all.

BBM. IIRC small amount of marijuana found in the safe.

AlwaysShocked here ya go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...w?pref=2&pli=1
Bates 29838, photo 24.

In this picture there are syringes and something labeled "doob tube". There appears to be marijuana residue at the bottom end of the doob tube. I had to look up the meaning of doob tube: TOP DEFINITION
doob tube
A paper towel or toilet paper roll stuffed either with scented drier sheets or fabric soaked in Febreeze. It is used to blow weed smoke through to get rid of the smell.
Man, me and my friends smoked at church the other day, but no one knew 'cause we used the doob tube.
by ecotton December 23, 2005

I do know what marijuana looks like (don't ask, don't tell) but until now never heard of a doob tube.

Alright, I count 6 safes so far, but there may be more.

1. "The Protector" black fire safe with tape over combination dial
2. White Sentry with keypad combination on top of black safe
(1 & 2 are stacked on each other.)
3. Tall safe (SG on dial) (1) next to double decked safes. contents: ammunition, gold/silver/cash, removable lock box and shelf with another lock
4. Sentry Safe Tall with ties hanging over and binder clipped money hanging on inside door hook - long guns standing up - in MS bedroom closet
5. Small personal safe in Dr. Sievers' bedroom closet
6. Small bedside handgun safe on MS side of bed

Did I miss any?
Safes & contents: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Wl1Y2NBemZGT00
Master bedroom: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B717FUtKwdU8S2dVSXF4UHpjYWc

Alright, I count 6 safes so far, but there may be more.

1. "The Protector" black fire safe with tape over combination dial
2. White Sentry with keypad combination on top of black safe
(1 & 2 are stacked on each other.)
3. Tall safe (SG on dial) (1) next to double decked safes. contents: ammunition, gold/silver/cash, removable lock box and shelf with another lock
4. Sentry Safe Tall with ties hanging over and binder clipped money hanging on inside door hook - long guns standing up - in MS bedroom closet
5. Small personal safe in Dr. Sievers' bedroom closet
6. Small bedside handgun safe on MS side of bed

Did I miss any?
Safes & contents: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Wl1Y2NBemZGT00
Master bedroom: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B717FUtKwdU8S2dVSXF4UHpjYWc

I think 3 & 4 are opposite each other in the closet.

urqubj8cbpzburuzg.jpg

The keypad on 3 looks the same, next to the handle, as safe on right of the above pic.

kez7co78q0dkua7zg.jpg

Meaning 1 & 2 are also in the closet, next to 3, but not visible at that angle.

tgy8c2utaabuy9yzg.jpg

Pics from links in the quote.

(I'm not sure if I've got the position of 4 right. There should be a keypad/combination lock above the handle, maybe it's covered with clothes).

There is a certain level of fear a person must have in order to feel the need to have a gun bedside...at the ready. Sometimes it's from having been in the military in a war or growing up in an unsafe neighborhood...to me that safe by the bed is different then storing your inherited gun collection from your Dad. What was MS so afraid of?...that's my question.

I think 3 & 4 are opposite each other in the closet.

The keypad on 3 looks the same, next to the handle, as safe on right of the above pic.

Meaning 1 & 2 are also in the closet, next to 3, but not visible at that angle.

Pics from links in the quote.

(I'm not sure if I've got the position of 4 right. There should be a keypad/combination lock above the handle, maybe it's covered with clothes).

(snipped repeat of photos)
Excellent! The reason I thought 3 and 4 are 2 different safes are due to the contents. One has long guns standing up and the other one is full of ammunition, with a locking shelf and removable tray. I want to agree with you but only if you scrutinize the contents and confirm they all can fit in one and its a visual/optical thing with the photos that make them look like they hold different contents. Thanks for your eagle eye!

There is a certain level of fear a person must have in order to feel the need to have a gun bedside...at the ready. Sometimes it's from having been in the military in a war or growing up in an unsafe neighborhood...to me that safe by the bed is different then storing your inherited gun collection from your Dad. What was MS so afraid of?...that's my question.

Home invasions happen in the best of neighborhoods. Having a bedside safe only large enough to hold a handgun is due to the children in the household. Responsible home owners not only install security systems, many go a step further and have firearms for home protection. It has nothing to do with military service or high crime childhoods.

(snipped repeat of photos)
Excellent! The reason I thought 3 and 4 are 2 different safes are due to the contents. One has long guns standing up and the other one is full of ammunition, with a locking shelf and removable tray. I want to agree with you but only if you scrutinize the contents and confirm they all can fit in one and its a visual/optical thing with the photos that make them look like they hold different contents. Thanks for your eagle eye!

I think 3 and 4 are different, right opposite each other in the closet. You can make out handles on both and keypad on 3. I had it enlarged on my PC so was easier to see.

I'll see if I can make it clearer.

I find the number of safes in one home abnormal- SIX safes? Am I naive or uninformed?

Kind of like the number of Life Insurance policies- SIX?

Wow, I am dumfounded by this.

I have a childhood friend who collected guns, his father and brother did too- they had one big gun safe with all of the guns, ammunition, warranties etc. plus some valuable coins and some family jewelry.

My husband began hunting several years ago and has acquired a few guns from older relatives in the past few years. We have ONE stand up gun safe. Maybe we are naive, we don't use the safe to store his coin collection or my jewelry- even the family heirlooms I don't often wear (maybe we should rethink this). Anyway, the few other people I know who have home safes have ONE.

Mark Sievers was into much more then just his wives brutal murder- I'd put money on it and I think that is why he hasn't been arrested yet.

At least that is what I am hoping. Am I clueless about these things?

I agree with you Helper. The family had dogs (according to our local police chief thieves will skip over a house with dogs) and they had a security system.

I think in due time we will learn that your suspicions were accurate. I respect the opinion that home invasions can and do occur in many different types of neighborhoods- not just the highly affluent but this was not that- IMO.

In time we shall see.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926