Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BlueCrab said:
BeeBee,

Burke is a suspect.

Let's use common sense about what a suspect is, and not use Hunter's convoluted description of what a suspect is in the Ramsey case. We all know what a suspect is.

Common sense says Burke had to be a suspect at one time or another. When there's a murder, everyone on the face of the earth is a suspect. But by the process of elimination the number of suspects is usually quickly peeled down to several suspects.

Burke was one of three people known to be in the house that night and had to be considered a suspect from the very beginning, regardless of what kind of snake oil Hunter is trying to sell. Therefore, Burke has to be cleared or remain a suspect. He hasn't been cleared.

JMO
No BC, Burke is not a suspect, he is a witness.

However, legally, his status could be changed at any time if evidence were to come up that he would need to be investigated over.

If anyone knows anything about this case - #1 - it was all political.

JAR and Melinda were "cleared" simply as a negotiation tool for the Ramseys to be "interviewed."

The JonBenet case is full of politics and word play.

If you think Burke has been cleared - so what? Doesn't mean he can't be "uncleared" if something pops up.

He was in the house that night - calling him a "witness" is just as ridiculous as "clearing" him - he didn't see anything. Remember, he was asleep the whole time.

:boohoo:

Ok. I'll just call him an "Innocent Sleeping Bystander" and be done with it. LOL. :p

jasmine said:
Maninthebox. You are beating a dead horse. Burke was CLEARED! Burke is not a suspect! Burke didnt do it!!! Look in another direction.
Then the Ramsey's themselves must really enjoy beating dead horses. They investigated people that the Boulder Police or the Boulder DA have cleared. Now Burke has never been cleared because he has never been considered a suspect. No one really in the Ramsey house has. They have been called suspects (about a year or two into the investigation) but never seriously considered.

UKGuy said:
Maybe Patsy was using JonBenet in some form of bondage game, tied to a chair , or alternatively disciplining her using ropes to restrain her. For some reason the chair falls backwards , JonBenet's head hits some protruding object, she appears dead. The rest is her staging downstairs, followed up by John's contributions. I may have missed this one, but Ive never seen where someone asked Burke, "Now you and JonBenet were sipping tea and snacking on pineapple that night, tell me Burke what happened next ?"
:eek:

I watched a documentary about the Canal Street Brothel in New Orleans. The mother prostituted her six year old daughter (now 23) to lawyers and doctors. Three generations of the family operated the bordello. I was surprised to learn young girls started the prostitution at age six. Coincidence?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/20/48hours/main554851.shtml

TLynn said:
He was in the house that night - calling him a "witness" is just as ridiculous as "clearing" him - he didn't see anything. Remember, he was asleep the whole time.

TLynn,

So Burke is not a suspect; he is a "sleeping witness". I wonder what a sleeping witness testifies about for five hours in front of a grand jury?

JMO

Yeah, it's all legalese. I read the statement as a maneuver rather then any clearing of Burke as a suspect. A suspect, these days is never called a suspect unless an arrest is imminent. In this case, an arrest is not imminent. Unfortunately, an arrest will probably never be imminent.

One way to interpret Hunter’s affidavit and statement is Burke was cleared regards the intentional first-degree murder of JonBenet but not cleared of the lesser crime of manslaughter as would be the case in an accidental head injury.

AbigailCrane said:
:eek:

I watched a documentary about the Canal Street Brothel in New Orleans. The mother prostituted her six year old daughter (now 23) to lawyers and doctors. Three generations of the family operated the bordello. I was surprised to learn young girls started the prostitution at age six. Coincidence?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/20/48hours/main554851.shtml
Maybe your post would be more appropriate under a thread titled "Abigail believes Patsy prostituted JBR", but, I don't think this is "on topic" here.

So, does anyone have any remaining issues about Burke being the killer that needs to be debunked?

popcorn said:
One way to interpret Hunter’s affidavit and statement is Burke was cleared regards the intentional first-degree murder of JonBenet but not cleared of the lesser crime of manslaughter as would be the case in an accidental head injury.

I'm not a Burke did it type....but I still do not think it is out of the question. Burke could have accidentially hit JonBenet on the head and Patsy or John and Patsy covered it up to protect their son.

Burke's age leaves a lot of gray area....and I must agree with BlueCrab. What testimoney can a sleeping suspect give for 5 hours?

The only way ANYONE is officially cleared is to have another charged and convicted.

The Burke didn't do it affidavit is worthless. It was written in his defense by the unscrupulous attorney; Leroy Wood, for profit and presented to Hunter as a threat. It was coerced, not a volunteer effort by the DA in any step of the imagination.

popcorn said:
The only way ANYONE is officially cleared is to have another charged and convicted.

The Burke didn't do it affidavit is worthless. It was written in his defense by the unscrupulous attorney; Leroy Wood, for profit and presented to Hunter as a threat. It was coerced, not a volunteer effort by the DA in any step of the imagination.
That worthless affidavit is a legal document. Please show me where it says it "was for profit and presented to Hunter as a threat. Please show me where "It was coerced, not a voluntter effort by the DA". While you are at it show me where the DA was shaking in his boots over that great threat. Popcorn. Its time to get the facts of the case out and not this nonsense that you are spewing.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/solvingjbr-main.htm

Excerpt:

Mary Keenan, who was an assistant D.A. under Hunter, didn't take any publicly known action on the case until nearly two years into her term, and then she did so only after receiving a letter from Ramsey attorney Wood informing her, according to press reports, that the Ramseys were considering suing Boulder unless they were exonerated.

Keenan didn't tell Boulder residents of her decision to take an active role in the case, but she did tell Ramsey attorney Wood. In a letter to him, she said the Boulder police investigation of the Ramseys had been "exhaustive and thorough," that she would proceed without any further investigation by police, using her department's own investigators, that she would focus on new leads or leads not previously investigated, that she would work "cooperatively" with retired detective Smit who is the prime advocate of the intruder theory, that she would make "every effort to communicate openly with you," and that she would not go to the press to publicize her decision.

She was acting, she wrote, because a "violent child murderer is at large."

Ramsey attorney Wood was delighted. His clients "are out from the umbrella of suspicion," he declared.

Keenan is either unaware of the evidence that gives prosecutors reason to believe that the Ramseys perpetrated a cover-up, or she has decided not to act on it.

~~

imo

Show Me said:
I'm not a Burke did it type....but I still do not think it is out of the question. Burke could have accidentially hit JonBenet on the head and Patsy or John and Patsy covered it up to protect their son.

Burke's age leaves a lot of gray area....and I must agree with BlueCrab. What testimoney can a sleeping suspect give for 5 hours?

From what LE has said as well as the coroner, (I believe) Burke could not have hit JBR as hard as she was hit. A 9 year old couldn't do it unless he was a "Baby Huey" 9 year old. LOL.

BeeBee said:
From what LE has said as well as the coroner, (I believe) Burke could not have hit JBR as hard as she was hit. A 9 year old couldn't do it unless he was a "Baby Huey" 9 year old. LOL.

Still she suffered 2 blows...although my bet is really on John and Patsy. Especially Patsy.

I have never read that she suffered two blows. Where does this come from?

BlueCrab said:
TLynn,

So Burke is not a suspect; he is a "sleeping witness". I wonder what a sleeping witness testifies about for five hours in front of a grand jury?

JMO
Good One, BC!

If you go on the theory that the killer wrote the note - then, that may be a reason to eliminate Burke as a suspect.

BUT - that can't conclusively be done.

So, I still have an issue re: Burke -

Burke was in the house that night and because of that - he cannot be eliminated as a suspect! However, if so, he was not alone in this crime. He could not have written the ransom note.

TLynn said:
Good One, BC!

If you go on the theory that the killer wrote the note - then, that may be a reason to eliminate Burke as a suspect.

BUT - that can't conclusively be done.

So, I still have an issue re: Burke -

Burke was in the house that night and because of that - he cannot be eliminated as a suspect! However, if so, he was not alone in this crime. He could not have written the ransom note.
So if he was not eliminated from the crime (I don't consider him eliminated) and it is agreed there isn't really a way he could have written the not. That leaves one obvious question...since John was cleared of writing the note and Patsy was almost cleared then who did?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June
Back