For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution failed to prove Casey murdered her daughter. That's it in a nutshell. And they overcharged! I've often wondered why AF was asking each and every prospective juror if they could give Casey death.

What a fiasco of a case, and the jury came back with the correct verdict based on the evidence or lack thereof.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit".

Hi Dunnie, you are so right. I am shocked at how many think the evidence proved she killed him BARD. I think it proved it was likely but that is a very different animal. The state failed and the state did not do their job..imo..like you said, it was over charged. It was quite plausible the duct tape was taped around the bag (likely imo) and then when torn open in the water and elements it landed on her skull. in fact i find it highly unlikely it stayed there in the water for six months in position. Yet JA thinks that was all that was needed. No wonder they lost.

Again, I think she killed caylee somehow..my belief is more of an accident and she is cold enough not to have cared about anything cept her own skin and would/will never even own up to that. could be cold blooded murder too. But the state did not prove it.

IMO

I could totally understand people really thinking she killed her child in such a odd manner, if there had been legit 89 searches and the car had been taken from the lot to the cops and the air was taken directly from the trunk and it was untouched. But the hatred for Casey causes some to forget that, there was one search months prior and cleaned out air samples the FBI say are consistent with cleaning, and that is enough for some to overlook the pool in the yard and say, yep, this high school lazy dropout got all Mr Wizard like and killed her kid to party, even though the State entered one night out of 31 to fit that motive. Its actually disgusting.

I posted a Supreme Court decision someplace last night, that upheld a decision to vacate a murder conviction with a death penalty due to Jeff Ashston withholding evidence from the defense, in 1999. Defendant won a new trial. So this kind of thing does happen and even by Ashton. Eventually the man was retried and convicted again, but that is not really the point, at least not to me...it shows a willingness to stoop to the levels that the defense has been blasted for all along...
(Also Judge Perry was the judge who initially decided that the defendant right to a fair trial had been violated, FWIW.)
Interesting. Thank you. Additionally, isn't Ashton Perry's protegee?

Yeah, one search from months ago and air samples from a cleaned out aired out trunk logically says, someone killed their child with chloroform.

What was the State thinking?

I questioned the air samples myself, but I have a lot of respect for the Body Farm and Dr. Vass. IMO, he may have been a little over-zealous in his advocacy for the Prosecution. I am still unsure about the chloroform, and I hope that its studied further.

You know, some posters here agree with the verdict, if not for the same reasons some of the jurors are talking about, and you really don't need to be insulting anyone and everyone who happens to agree that the state did not prove their case.

It'd be a lot easier if those who agree with the verdict were more respectful and less venomous to those who don't agree with the verdict. All I've seen here lately is venom and malice towards anyone who doesn't believe the state was corrupt, the defense was perfect, and the right verdict was rendered. There should be intelligent conversation here, not two sides fighting each other. We should just agree to disagree, yet I find myself like others needing to defend what I believe instead.

And people should be screaming for justice. Can you imagine if the State was trying to kill you saying you used chloroform to kill your child and they used evidence that was wrong and they knew it? Can Jose sue the State for this?

No, I can't imagine that because there was ample evidence of chloroform in the trunk of the Sunfire as well as a dead body.

Jose may not be suing anyone as he may get disbarred for tampering with witnesses.

Hi Dunnie, you are so right. I am shocked at how many think the evidence proved she killed him BARD. I think it proved it was likely but that is a very different animal. The state failed and the state did not do their job..imo..like you said, it was over charged. It was quite plausible the duct tape was taped around the bag (likely imo) and then when torn open in the water and elements it landed on her skull. in fact i find it highly unlikely it stayed there in the water for six months in position. Yet JA thinks that was all that was needed. No wonder they lost.

Again, I think she killed caylee somehow..my belief is more of an accident and she is cold enough not to have cared about anything cept her own skin and would/will never even own up to that. could be cold blooded murder too. But the state did not prove it.

IMO
BINGO. Way too many unanswered questions to put a needle in Casey's arm. Coulda woulda shoulda?

Where does that leave us? No where except NG. I was even hesitant about manslaughter. Baez did a damm good job.

I questioned the air samples myself, but I have a lot of respect for the Body Farm and Dr. Vass. IMO, he may have been a little over-zealous in his advocacy for the Prosecution. I am still unsure about the chloroform, and I hope that its studied further.

But the samples came from a trunk that was aired open for hours and the FBI says the levels are consistent with cleaning products, and Cindy used cleaning products in it. How do samples from an hours aired out trunk reflect the original condition?

Respectfully disagree. I held my opinion in abeyance to see what the evidence would be. At the end of the trial I still had what I consider reasonable doubt.

I respectfully submit that this doubt was not reasonable and let a killer walk free.

No, I can't imagine that because there was ample evidence of chloroform in the trunk of the Sunfire as well as a dead body.

Jose may not be suing anyone as he may get disbarred for tampering with witnesses.

Evidence the FBI said was consistent with cleaning product, and the trunk was cleaned. But the hatred for Casey is greater than logic. Jose nailed it. And won. I bet Ashton quit before he got disbarred. jmo

But the samples came from a trunk that was aired open for hours and the FBI says the levels are consistent with cleaning products, and Cindy used cleaning products in it. How do samples from an hours aired out trunk reflect the original condition?

These were the questions I had. But I could see the possibility that a saturated stain would continuously emit odor and that it could be captured and analyzed. What kept me listening was the FBI analysis of a swabbing of the trunk liner that indicated chloroform in addition to Dr. Vass' findings. Neither of these stood up solidly in trial IMO.

Evidence the FBI said was consistent with cleaning product, and the trunk was cleaned. But the hatred for Casey is greater than logic. Jose nailed it. And won. I bet Ashton quit before he got disbarred. jmo

You got it! The hatred against her is greater than any logic. Great way to put it.

Cindy never said she cleaned it out. She said she brushed away some debris and that was it. We have speculated here that she cleaned it out but NEVER was that proven in court, only speculated on. Also, if you understand the forensics completely, chloroform is volatile and evaporates quickly. The fact that some was even left for the air to be picked up by Vass's equipment is astronomical. Even further that some was left in the actual carpet is beyond astronomical. NONE should have been found in that trunk at all, and yet some was still found after the car was aired out. That tells me a large quantity, more than was in cleaners that were never proven to be used, was in that trunk. Normal people don't dump vast amounts of chloroform in their trunks for any reason.

And that had me convinced of the chloroform long before the disputed searches. I think some mountains are being made of molehills here...

I don't keep track of TH links or even fully listen to them.....so consider this completely a RUMOR, but many have said that Ashton has made probably in the range of $2 million in the last two weeks doing interviews, etc.

BTW.....Ashton himself said in an interview that he was SCHEDULED to retire before he took this case on and agreed to do it as his last case. Most likely for the very reason above OR as in many "retired" SA, he plans to run for a political position and a case like this gives exposure that no campaign fund could ever match....and it was all FREE face time on camera.

jmo

I don't keep track of TH links or even fully listen to them.....so consider this completely a RUMOR, but many have said that Ashton has made probably in the range of $2 million in the last two weeks doing interviews, etc.

BTW.....Ashton himself said in an interview that he was SCHEDULED to retire before he took this case on and agreed to do it as his last case. Most likely for the very reason above OR as in many "retired" SA, he plans to run for a political position and a case like this gives exposure that no campaign fund could ever match....and it was all FREE face time on camera.

jmo

Which is why we don't post rumors here and have links. I am really getting tired of people tearing down the DA based on rumors and speculation. They lost, she was acquitted, and I think that is bad enough for them. There is no reason to continue to trash them. We don't know if JA was paid or what he is doing in the future, so let's not speculate and trash him. Isn't losing this case to Baez bad enough? Sheesh.

jmo

Oh, I am sure he thought his conviction of Casey Anthony would probably get him his own show and a cushy legal analyst job forever. He would have been the equivalent of the Navy Seal who took out Bin Laden. Thank goodness the jury saw through the arrogant slam drunk dramatics.

jmo

Cindy never said she cleaned it out. She said she brushed away some debris and that was it. We have speculated here that she cleaned it out but NEVER was that proven in court, only speculated on. Also, if you understand the forensics completely, chloroform is volatile and evaporates quickly. The fact that some was even left for the air to be picked up by Vass's equipment is astronomical. Even further that some was left in the actual carpet is beyond astronomical. NONE should have been found in that trunk at all, and yet some was still found after the car was aired out. That tells me a large quantity, more than was in cleaners that were never proven to be used, was in that trunk. Normal people don't dump vast amounts of chloroform in their trunks for any reason.

And that had me convinced of the chloroform long before the disputed searches. I think some mountains are being made of molehills here...

BBM. ITA. There is a form of illogic where importances are altered and there has been a great deal of that in weighing the evidence in this case.

Which is why we don't post rumors here and have links. I am really getting tired of people tearing down the DA based on rumors and speculation. They lost, she was acquitted, and I think that is bad enough for them. There is no reason to continue to trash them. We don't know if JA was paid or what he is doing in the future, so let's not speculate and trash him. Isn't losing this case to Baez bad enough? Sheesh.

Oh but its ok to say Baez and Casey are probably going to run off and have kids and all this stuff, so these accusation speculation goes both ways. The defense won, but its ok to trash them right?

Nothing in my quote in any way has "torn down" the SA. It is simply a synopsis of what Ashton himself has said and known facts about what his future plans were before the case. If he wants to retire and do interviews for money that is fine, its his business. BUT, it can not be denied that he is making money off of this case, he isn't traveling around the country doing interviews for free and paying for his own plane tickets and hotel rooms as some sort of a public service, he IS getting paid, as are many others. If anyone wants to look through all 3,000 plus of my former posts....they will find that I have trashed NO ONE ever.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member