Forensic reports in

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, look, everybody, we need to be thoughtful and respectful here. We aren't scientists or lawyers, for the most part, and if we are we aren't involved in this case.
Let's not judge or comment negatively about these results or the evidence, ok?

what do you mean?

But Blink...This is an FBI report. From my understanding, they were under no obligation to release this either???

It is a chain of custody to the evidence issue. Who collects it, under what warrant or prob cause and what agency that decides the discovery burden. There are some issues as to the neglect filing and now murder filing that come into play as well, but I would be hesitant to outline that here. Perhaps a Fla licensed Atty could weigh in?

Good lord, the Body Farm did a pizza test, too.
I had to laugh when I read that. Seems they are anticipating the pizza argument from the defense. Will we see forensics from squirrel decomp. too?

Also of note - These tests results were preliminary and are dated July 28, 2008.

EVIDENCE - INTAKE VIA COLLECTION, SWORN STATMENTS, OR TESTING BY THE FBI IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE SAME DISCOVERY BURDEN AS THE STATE. WHAT WE ALL WISH TO SEE, WE WILL NOT UNTIL TRIAL. HOWEVER, REMEMBER THAT AGENT SAVAGE TESTIFIED BEFORE THE GJ, AGAIN, NOT SUBJECT TO DISCLOSURE TO THE DEFENSE.

If I were representing KC, I would be urging her to pursue a plea bargain.
JB is smart enough to know the forensics present here, in this document, would not have alone justified a GJ indictment on capital murder. He is walking into the shark tank with an open jugular, imo.

If I were him, I would assume that what the state presents at trial is going to seal a DP conviction for his Client. To my knowledge, his Co-counsel has 2 clients on Death Row, and 1 serving multiple LWOP.

I agree with you. I just want to know what the FBI knows....not happening, I know.

Well...Let's see what else we're still missing...The bag the pizza was in, soil samples and other samples possibly taken from the backyard...anything else?

I expect the cleaning fluid container has been analyzed and they have some sort of comparative analysis with the trunk interior.

The question will be-who scrubbed the trunk. No matter who did the cleaning, it looks bad, really bad.

I have never run anything over, but if I did, I would not have to clean the car interior, trunk or otherwise...good luck explaining that.
Pizza seems to be ruled out. What was decomposing? The spare tire?

What about the DNA from the paternity test, couldn't the results of Caylee's contribution be used?

Also I'm actually a little surprised the A's don't have a DNA sample from Caylee, our local FD and children's hospital did those all the time, I still have my daughters, they swab the cheek and snag a couple hairs and stick it in a container. One of those just in case and God forbid you ever need it things.

I wonder if the A's or KC kept a baby book with a little snip of hair from "Babys
first cut"?

If they did, would they willingly give it to LE to provide an exact dna sample for reference?

Didn't CA refuse to give Tim M some items of Caylee's for 'scent' purposes?

I think we have to put this into perspective. If any of us drove up to the body farm right now and opened our trunks and said, do the same test. Do you honestly think all these gases and chemicals woud be in them? NO! Barring, you aren't driving around with decomp. My point is. The fact that this stuff was detected at all no matter the wording, is a huge and I repeat HUGE red flag that the trunk housed decomp. If it didn't, non would be detected.

Deprived oxygen type of decompositional event- hmm. Does this lead to Caylee having been placed in a sealed container?

Or did she drown? Suffocated?

The gasoline - did KC put it on Cayl's body?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17793661/detail.html

DNA Results Released In Casey Anthony Case

POSTED: 8:21 am EDT October 24, 2008
UPDATED: 11:07 am EDT October 24, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News obtained the forensic report released late Friday morning in the case against Casey Anthony.

The report details findings from FBI tests on items found inside Casey's car, including DNA results on hair samples and forensic testing of debris and clothing (read details).

Among the results is confirmation that a hair sample found in the vehicle "exhibits characteristics of apparent decomposition." The report also says that hair is "microscopically similar" to hair investigators took from Caylee's hairbrush, but couldn't confirm it was conclusively Caylee's.

DNA testing done on that piece of hair and compared with a sample provided by Casey confirmed that neither Casey nor Caylee can be "excluded as the source of the hair," because the "mtDNA sequences ... are the same."

and we know Casey is alive

so this is the results of what we already knew

What I find interesting is that based on the findings (from what I gathered and I am no expert and have never read anything like this before) if a body was in the trunk it was only there for a short time at the very start of the decomp stage.

Add this to what we do know... The smell was strong at the end of June....

If we think the decomp smell came from Calyee's body, why did the smell only get strong near the end of the month? Where was she before then? They were saying 2-3 days decomp for the trunk chemicals.

Would her being in there from the 16-18th or 19th continue to get worse (smell wise) and then cause her to abandon the car on the 26th or 27th?

It makes me wonder was Caylee alive longer than we may have thought? And if she was where was she?

Also they seem to say the decomp occured in a setting with little oxygen. Could Caylee have used up all the oxygen then died and started to decomp? Geez I hate even writing that. I never really thought you could suffocate in a trunk, but then again I never really thought too much about it.

Woah. Sounds like she'd been dousing the trunk with gasoline. Lots of it.

goes to show there's a VERY VERY good chance those gas cans were in there when decomp was in there. Well George watcha gonna say now huh?????:mad:

But we ARE the type of people the jury will be made up of.....and that report was not as stong as I had hoped.

I'm sure they didn't release all of the evidence they had. I'm sure the most d**ning evidence is being saved for the trial.

what do you mean?

I'm saying that we don't really know the full significance of this report. We also don't know what else exists. It seems to me that we should refrain from dismissing the value of these reports.
It appears to me that there is plenty of incriminating information here.

Deprived oxygen type of decompositional event- hmm. Does this lead to Caylee having been placed in a sealed container?

I would think that this would mean only that she was in the closed trunk of the car.

So if I'm interpreting part of this correctly the control samples out gassed gasoline components also because of the make up of the synthetic carpeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214