Forgotten Reports about Long Island Human Remains Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the remains found in the laundry type bag were id'd and the woman was killed by her boyfriend....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6505525&postcount=130"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9[/ame]

I think because we've run out of news on Gilbert & the others that we're all hashing/rehashing old news/posts....lol

They are calling this area an "Oak Beach Field" north of Ocean Parkway. Looking at a map, it's within a hundred feet of where the GB4 were found!

SOURCE: Body Found in Oak Beach Field: [HOME Edition]
Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 23 Jan 1987: 37.

A duck hunter yesterday discovered the body of a man who Suffolk County police said had been murdered, apparently by a blow to the head from a blunt instrument. Det. Sgt. William Pepper of the Homicide Squad said the victim had a wallet and personal papers, but his identity was withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The hunter discovered the clothed body of the elderly man beneath a tarpaulin about 11 a.m. in an open brushy area in Oak Beach about 90 feet north of Ocean Parkway and one mile west of Oak Island.

Pepper said police believe the victim was killed elsewhere and his body dumped in the field. He said the body was partially decomposed and appeared to have been dead for about a month. No weapon was found. Police said the victim had a watch and the wallet but no money was found on the body.

I am still searching for his identity.

Inspector any thoughts?!

that case was solved, it was a group of people, unrelated to this case.

I hope the board is not approaching the full circle point where we all start re-researching stuff we already have. Thats what happens when you are passionate about something and have run out of information to analyze. I have caught myself doing it. :banghead:

I think it is already happening. The problem is it has been so long now, facts are getting distorted. I thought I have understood everything that has happened here that we have discussed but now I am getting confusing and weary of having to look up old information. Another problem is the fact that a lot of the links to verify information are gone now.

ok do you have a link or anything about it?

Look it up in newslibrary.com I did, but I wont bother pasting in the articles that I buy from there because I can't post the full articles here anymore <modsnip> Many extremely relevant articles to this case are from Newsday but have never been made available online (1990's and earlier) so must be bought from an archive such as newslibrary.

not sure which you were all talking about:

Newsday (Melville, NY) - August 25, 1989

DA: 4 `Had Enough' of Murder Victim Suspects tell of abuse; cops say teen saw killing
Four people were charged yesterday with luring a Rockville Centre man to a house, clubbing him with a wrench, choking him with electrical cord, and while he was still alive stuffing him in plastic bags, then dumping his body on the side of the road in Oak Beach.As the bludgeoning took place, the 15-year-old son of one suspect was told by his mother to watch and later told to help carry the body out to her car, police said. The teen was not charged and will likely be called as a witness.

Newsday (Melville, NY) - January 24, 1987
"Robbery Suspected in Slaying of Man, 75
Investigators say they suspect robbery was the motive in the killing of a 75-year-old East Massapequa man whose body was found in Oak Beach on Thursday.The dead man, identified by the Suffolk County Police Department as Richard Hanan, of 164 County Line Rd., had been reported missing by his daughter on Christmas Eve, Nassau County authorities said. Det. George Doherty, of Nassau's Missing Persons Bureau, said Hanan apparently had told family members that he was working as a..."

I find it difficult to take Newsday seriously as it is a clandestine and insular news source due to it being a pay site. MOO. Don't they have advertisers?

I have followed many cases on WS and Newsday is the only paysite I've ever known of that is considered to be a valid news source by the locals. How credible is this site? thanks.

Look it up in newslibrary.com I did, but I wont bother pasting in the articles that I buy from there because I can't post the full articles here anymore (<modsnip>)

snipped and bolded by me

<modsnip> it violates copyright laws if we post more than 10% of the article. Just part of the rules that we follow here to be able to continue to sleuth cases without getting in trouble for not giving credit where credit is due.

We are all here for a common goal, and although our opinions differ at times . . . it's just not personal to anyone of us. :seeya: I am thankful for the opportunity to challenge my own thinking with other people theories, as I have learned so much from the talents that everyone brings to this board. :woohoo:

Newsday is a pretty solid source of information. THey have decent political connections as well as good connections with law enforcement here in Suffolk County. The reason why the site is paid is because people (like myself) pay to have that newspaper delivered to their house everyday. Newsday believes that it is unfair to have people pay for News12 and Newsday (cablevision) when you can just pluck news for free.

moreover, since this case is in suffolk county, you arent going to do much better than newsday in terms of breadth of coverage and local knowledge.

Thank you truthspider. I have been reading here since the beginning of this case and I've never seen mention of the article. I still feel that a body dumped in a similar spot years ago may have been remembered by the SK and used later on

Now that LE has said the LISK is also the Manorville Butcher, it may turn out there are a staggering number of victims left in his wake. I am assuming there are more details besides the victims being "wrapped" to tie them together. Wish they would release some more information.

Now that LE has said the LISK is also the Manorville Butcher, it may turn out there are a staggering number of victims left in his wake. I am assuming there are more details besides the victims being "wrapped" to tie them together. Wish they would release some more information.

Can you post a link. This is new information to me. Thanks.

Here's another real interesting case. "Sugar bear" was a tranny prostitute who was decapitated and his head was left in moriches while his body was in far rockaway. That's another body in rockaway. The circumstances of sugar bear's disappearance strongly resemble Amber's. He leaves the house to see his "secret friend". Drug dealer or special client? Maybe both. Amber might not wanted to tell Dave she was going on a date with the Dopeman. Pay attention to the witness report it's the one possible sighting of SK and it will surprise you:

Jordan gave investigators a key piece of information: One of her son&#8217;s pals had seen Isaac just before Thanksgiving getting into a car with a &#8220;secret friend.&#8221; He was never seen again.

&#8220;He went out without a coat and said he would be right back. He left his pocketbook,&#8221; she said.

Fitzpatrick said the car was a red, BMW-type coupe with &#8220;nice rims&#8221; driven by a Hispanic man.

http://nypost.com/2007/11/24/hunt-for-clues-in-tranny-slay/

So the hispanic man in the red bmw was her "secret friend". We know the SK loves trannies. Is the Sk hispanic? Is that why he is able to find an endless supply of people to murder without them being identified? He might live inside a "hispanic" community. I know Melissa's sister and John Terry called him white...so maybe he is white but something that could pass as hispanic? He could be preying on illegal immigrants because they can't be reported missing because they are illegal. Sugar bear was active in manhattan I believe on 8th ave just like our other victims. This has too much in common with the way the gilgo four were killed.

It's really the SK's mo to dump a skull in one place and the body in another. Jessica Taylor's skull was on OP and her body in Manorville. Sugar bear was killed by gunshot wounds to the head, like the wolf hill road man so perhaps SK uses a gun to control his victims before he kills them.

here some interesting additional info:

Arms and legs belonging to the same victim were later found in a plastic bag miles away in Suffolk County.
At that time, police officers and detectives from the 100 Precinct responded to an anonymous tip that there was a body in a plastic bag on Beach 63 Street near the boardwalk.

In the bag, police said at the time, was a partial human torso without a head or extremities.

Called in by an anonymous tip. I'm still thinking about this mushroom picker. Frankly anyone can say they are a mushroom picker and you can basically kill someone and bring the police to the body and say you found it mushroom picking and the police will be to busy not investigating John Hackett or Dave Brewer to investigate u

Were Tanya Rush and Sugar bear both from East New York? Maybe there is connection to those East New York crackhouse where they found body parts on the first page. I mean where do to two unidentified bodies come from? And the same part of town that atleast two possible victims lived. Was the SK using abandoned houses in Brooklyn to dismember and store bodies?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi
Back