Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The General Rule…​

There is a general rule that children can usually walk 1 km for every year of their age. So a 10 year old could be expected to walk 10km in one go. For those of you who are “miles” people, 1 km is 0.6 miles so you could just round it down to a 1/2 mile.

As with most rules there are plenty of children who will struggle to walk that far and those who will exceed that by a good few miles.
Just food for thought.....

Haut Vernet, Francia
There are several images of the hamlet on Alamy. There are a few different angles and we can see the stairs outside houses properly.

Hut 3.jpg

A different angle where you can see the little chalet-style house behind the grandparents. It gives you an idea of the surrounding area and how the grassland/trees really sit.
Hut 4.jpg

I really like the big picture of Haut Vernet at the beginning of this article. Too big a file to upload I think. I saved it but I can't even open it outside my browser. But viewing the saved file in the browser, the resolution is great.

Last edited:
Haut Vernet, Francia
There are several images of the hamlet on Alamy. There are a few different angles and we can see the stairs outside houses properly.

View attachment 447814

A different angle where you can see the little chalet-style house behind the grandparents. It gives you an idea of the surrounding area and how the grassland/trees really sit.
View attachment 447815
I can't place that bottom picture.
(Edit: OK I've got it, it's basically from the same direction as the one in the link below, from a more aerial angle and a different lens maybe.)

This one is looking uphill from behind the houses where the laundry or fountain is: Disparition d'Emile : pourquoi le maire referme l'accès au hameau du Haut-Vernet jusqu'au 31 août

Last edited:
What a lovely hamlet. It hardly seems anything bad could happen there. Seems where a child could happily puddle jump, with nothing but a pocketful of rainbows.

What ever became of the little?

We had a missing 3 year-old in our province who was seen running off into the forest and just vanished. The searchers looked for hours. They were searching down hills, as it’s believed that’s what 3 year-olds would choose, but the mother was insisting that the girl would choose to climb.

So one searcher with a dog listened to her and starting climbing hills through heavy brush with his dog and ultimately the dog alerted to a scent. They found her safe up an embankment.

I’m wondering if Émile did something that seemed impossible to the searchers?

We had a missing 3 year-old in our province who was seen running off into the forest and just vanished. The searchers looked for hours. They were searching down hills, as it’s believed that’s what 3 year-olds would choose, but the mother was insisting that the girl would choose to climb.

So one searcher with a dog listened to her and starting climbing hills through heavy brush with his dog and ultimately the dog alerted to a scent. They found her safe up an embankment.

I’m wondering if Émile did something that seemed impossible to the searchers?
there were hundreds of searchers tho combing the place

Earlier today, they were searching a small body of water near the pool, but that search has come to an end. Nothing new.

Interesting. I can't hear any audio or see any text on the link (but thanks for it!). What pool is this and how close to their village/homes is it?

Interesting. I can't hear any audio or see any text on the link (but thanks for it!). What pool is this and how close to their village/homes is it?
It was a pond near the village's pool, in Le Vernet, just a few kilometers away from Haut Vernet.

Picture and map here:

Lost Michigan toddler found asleep in woods using family dog as furry pillow

Story in the Guardian today about a little girl who wandered off in the US, found alive and well, but interesting that she was also 2 years old and managed to wander off three miles away, which proves in some kids their physical capability is somewhat underestimated!
I've been thinking that too. Toddlers are go go go. IMO the only thing stopping them from travelling incredible distances is their tendency to get distracted

I've been thinking that too. Toddlers are go go go. IMO the only thing stopping them from travelling incredible distances is their tendency to get distracted
The difference is that the toddler in Michigan went for a walk in the relatively flat area and during mild temperatures. Emile went missing in the mountains and during hellish heat. None of it helps a toddler to walk far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1