Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SUSPECT ADMITS HE TOOK MAËLYS INTO HIS CAR, DENIES FACTS

La Telegramme
http://www.letelegramme.fr/france/m...e-04-09-2017-11650512.php#rUFaKbWFHyrzew5u.99

The man indicted in connection with the investigation into Maëlys' disappearance admitted that he has taken the little girl into his car on the evening of the wedding, from Saturday 26 to Sunday 27 August in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère). DNA traces have been found on the dashboard of his car parked in the parking lot of the party hall.

Presented to the investigating magistrates this Sunday afternoon, he still contests that he committed the facts. "Confronted with testimonies, findings and scientific results, he persisted in his denials and provided explanations,"the prosecutor said in a statement.

BBM

BFMTV
http://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice...voiture-mais-nie-l-avoir-enlevee-1248816.html

The 34-year-old man claims that the girl had climbed into the car with another child to see if there were any dogs in the trunk.

The imprisoned man, who had a dog training business in the past, explains that Maëlys and another child would have entered his car in the backseat to see if his dogs were in the trunk.

BBM

Is he suggesting that he lured her into his car with the promise of seeing dogs? And is he suggesting that another child may have been in his car at one time as well?

WHAT IS KNOWN SOFAR ABOUT THE SUSPECT IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF LITTLE MAËLYS

Franceinfo.tv
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-di...pect-mis-en-examen_2355725.html#xtor=CS2-765-[twitter]-

According to Mr Bernard Méraud, the suspect's lawyer, investigators found a DNA trace of the girl on a "dashboard control element" of the man's car taken into examination on Sunday. The thirty-something had washed his car after the wedding, which caught the attention of the investigators.

When questioned on Sunday about the presence of DNA, the man had not been able to explain it, Le Parisien said. On Monday, he "declared that the girl had entered the vehicle with a little boy in the backseat to see if his [suspect' s] dog was in the trunk," his lawyer Bernard Méraud told AFP. Interviewed by franceinfo on Monday, Me Méraud said the suspect "admitted to having had contact with the girl, like a lot of people during this evening."

"He was standing next to his vehicle smoking and two children, Maëlys was one of them, came to see if he had his dogs in his vehicle," he added. The two children then went up in the back seat of the car, according to Me Méraud,"and left the car."

However, the lawyer wanted to nuance the discovery of this DNA trace. "There is a very small possibility that this will not be Maëlys' DNA," he said. This unique trace, among the many samples taken, was "mixed with my client's DNA" but we must not rule out the possibility of a "DNA transfer", explained Me Méraud. In other words, the trace could have been deposited by a third party on this control element of the dashboard, a place not "very compatible" with a possible presence of Maëlys, Me Méraud believes.

According to information from the Grenoble Public Prosecutor's Office, the suspect under investigation on Sunday was one of two men of 34 years old who had already been held in police custody as part of the investigation and then released on Friday morning. The AFP specifies that he is the first man arrested on Thursday in Domessin (Savoie), near the department of Isère.

When questioned by L' Obs, his lawyer points out that the suspect is living on "small jobs and temporary work". He currently resides with his parents on sick leave. According to a source close to the case, quoted by the AFP, the man is known for common law offences, related in particular to narcotics.

This suspect was present at the wedding where Maëlys, 9 years old, disappeared. He is an acquaintance of the groom and of the father of the girl, and arrived late at the wedding party. His lawyer, interviewed by franceinfo, says he was invited to the aperitif and then came back in the second half of the evening. The man had been taken into custody because of inconsistencies and inaccuracies in his earlier statements.

At the time of his first arrest, the suspect had a scratch on an arm and knee , which he justified by gardening in the "amid raspberries,"
according to LCI. On Sunday, the results of the technical and scientific police "led investigating judges and investigators to question this man again", the prosecutor said.

"He persisted in his denials and provided his explanations", which "did not convince the investigating judges", the public prosecutor added. The latter have thus "decided to put him under investigation for the arrest, abduction, sequestration or arbitrary detention of a minor under 15 years of age". The prosecutor's office then decided to remand him in custody.

Judges now have to review one by one the statements of the thirtyfour-year-old, Le Parisien explains. They will then use his different phones to better track his movements at the wedding party - and early last week. Excavations will also continue in the places he visited. The man's mother, interviewed by RTL on Monday morning, said that "at no time could he do such a thing". "He swore to me that he had nothing to do with it," she confided.

BBM

Did one om9f you suggest earlier that someone might have lured her away with talk of a puppy?

She has to be nearby i would go over this creep's home wirh a fine tooth comb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41144230
The suspect was one of two guests at the wedding who were detained last week because of inconsistencies in their statements to police but were later released.
In a statement issued on Sunday, Grenoble's prosecutor said a 34-year-old man had been charged with "kidnapping, illegal confinement or arbitrary detention of a minor of less than 15 years".
Several days ago Mr Méraud revealed that his client had washed his Audi A3 car the day after the wedding as he planned to sell it and had already found a buyer.
In an interview with French radio on Monday, he questioned the relevance of the DNA trace found on the dashboard.
The girl's DNA could have been transferred to the dashboard by his client, he argued, so the discovery did not necessarily mean his client was guilty. "He protests his innocence, he cites an unfortunate combination of events," he said.

Quotes from ZaZara's post #62:

According to Mr Bernard Méraud, the suspect's lawyer, investigators found a DNA trace of the girl on a "dashboard control element" of the man's car taken into examination on Sunday. The thirty-something had washed his car after the wedding, which caught the attention of the investigators.
When questioned on Sunday about the presence of DNA, the man had not been able to explain it, Le Parisien said. On Monday, he "declared that the girl had entered the vehicle with a little boy in the backseat to see if his [suspect' s] dog was in the trunk," his lawyer Bernard Méraud told AFP. Interviewed by franceinfo on Monday, Me Méraud said the suspect "admitted to having had contact with the girl, like a lot of people during this evening." "He was standing next to his vehicle smoking and two children, Maëlys was one of them, came to see if he had his dogs in his vehicle," he added. The two children then went up in the back seat of the car, according to Me Méraud,"and left the car."

Unless he has a two-door car, how can the children touch the dashboard when climbing into the back seat. Anyone know "what" kind of car this guy has?

TIA!

The man's mother, interviewed by RTL on Monday morning, said that "at no time could he do such a thing". "He swore to me that he had nothing to do with it," she confided

Of course she would say that....

JUSTICE for Maëlys! :rose:

Oh I noticed in all the articles they do not mention his name - just the man. I guess France is not allowed to release his name?

TIA!

And if anyone knows "when" his next court date might be - TIA!

Another one to follow here...

Hope he tells where to find Maelys. Does anyone know how to pronounce her name? Is it May - Liss?

TIA! :wave:

Quotes from ZaZara's post #62:]

Unless he has a two-door car, how can the children touch the dashboard when climbing into the back seat. Anyone know "what" kind of car this guy has?

TIA
!

The man's mother, interviewed by RTL on Monday morning, said that "at no time could he do such a thing". "He swore to me that he had nothing to do with it," she confided

Of course she would say that....

JUSTICE for Maëlys! :rose:

BBM - post #65 says it's an Audi A3

SUSPECT NAMED AS NORDAHL LELANDAIS

FranceSoir
http://www.francesoir.fr/societe-fa...-beauvoisin-domessin-profil-suspect-recherche

Finally, it was a DNA trace found in the car that led to his second arrest, indictment and pre-trial detention. After being released after a first arrest, Nordahl Lelandais became again the main suspect in the case of the abduction of Maëlys, who disappeared more than a week ago in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère).

The suspect is 34 years old and lives with his parents in the municipality of Domessin (Savoie) a few kilometres from the child's disappearance site. He is described as a man who "lives on small jobs and temporary employment" and is currently on sick leave. Apparently passionate about canine breeding, Nordahl Lelandais had started his own business in 2010.

He explained that the DNA traces of Maëlys were found in his car because the child would have entered the vehicle to check for the presence of his dogs.

When questioned by RTL, Nordahl Lelandais's mother assured that her son "is not a monster" and that "at no time could he do such a thing, it is not possible (...) He is a nice boy who would not hurt anyone."

His name had been circulating for several days but it was difficult to reveal it, given the fact that the young man had ultimately been released from a prolonged police custody. Now Nordhal Lelandais is under investigation, and officially the main suspect. FranceSoir has therefore decided to reveal the information available, confirmed and cross-checked by our local and official sources. This does not change the presumption of innocence of whoever is, at this stage, this Monday morning, only a suspect. It is important to remember this because the investigation has not yet been completed and history is full of miscarriages of justice and even tragedies linked to a broken presumption of innocence. It is up to the authorities to seek and reveal the truth.

BBM

Nordahl is a Swedish or Norwegian surname, and an unusual first name in France.

Oh I noticed in all the articles they do not mention his name - just the man. I guess France is not allowed to release his name?

TIA!

Hope he tells where to find Maelys. Does anyone know how to pronounce her name? Is it May - Liss?

The French justice system is quite different to what most of us on WS are used to, & the initial detention & questioning is not the same as an arrest as we know it. Thus the withheld name.

Maëlys name is pronounced My-Li.

12448325_l_f131e0203736ce0a86fb0b78d84bb016.jpg

https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/tyron973

Interesting - that's nowhere near his current address (he lives with his parents so I'm not going to cite it here).
The age is right. And it seems to be from 6 years ago so may have moved. I don't think there'll be too many 34 year old Nordahl Lelandais in France.

The age is right. And it seems to be from 6 years ago so may have moved. I don't think there'll be too many 34 year old Nordahl Lelandais in France.

I'm pretty sure that you have the right guy. As you say, his name is quite unique.

I've found his 2010 (since closed) business registration & school details (both in his current area of residence), but there's nothing useful there :(.

Thank you Sjm_qc for the pronunciation of her name - so Miley Cyrus's name...

I realize France has a different court systems - just thought maybe he'd be in court again (soon) :) and just wanted to know if anyone had seen a date!

Thanks again!

Thank you Sjm_qc for the pronunciation of her name - so Miley Cyrus's name...

I realize France has a different court systems - just thought maybe he'd be in court again (soon) :) and just wanted to know if anyone had seen a date!

Thanks again!

He hasn't, as yet, been in court at all (yes, it's really a very different system!!). He was initially detained for questioning, released, & is now detained & formally under investigation for kidnapping of a child & "séquestration", which is holding someone against their will.

There are as yet, no formal *charges*. If you're checking French media for updates, look for the words "inculper" or "inculpé", that will appear when charges and a court appearance are to be made.

I've set myself a reminder to watch the French evening news tonight to see if anything new comes up.

TIA!

BBM

Yes, the name is pronounced as Ma-eelys with a sharp s at the end.

In this video, you can hear the name clearly at around 1.08 minutes:

http://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice...lette-disparue-lors-d-un-mariage-1244228.html

[video=youtube;Drq_2eLo7a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq_2eLo7a0[/video]

[video=youtube;Drq_2eLo7a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq_2eLo7a0[/video]

So, interview with mother then a neighbour.

Why is maman waving a bunch of 500Euro notes around??? Likely irrelevant, but was she paid for the interview?

ETA: 500€ is just under 600 USD, and there's more than one in her hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210