GUILTY France - Three injured in attack on Amsterdam-Paris Thalys train, 21 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...blessees-par-un-homme-arme-dans-un-thalys.php

At the time of the weekend of the great return from the holidays, this unprecedented shooting in a passenger train crudely poses the question of security arrangements on the rail network. Since many months, the hypothesis of a terrorist attack on a passenger train is at the forefront of the scenarios of the specialized services without the latter having previously any information about the imminence of such an attack.

Working on drills for so-called "planned killings" and massive hostages takings, the gendarmes of the GIGN in particular possess ample documentation on the accessibility of the Thalys and TGV trains in order to intervene in case of an emergency. Reportedly, elite soldiers, who were especially trained in a Eurostar train blocked at the station of Hénin-sur-Cojeul (Pas-de-Calais) had also conducted a drill with their counterpart in April 2013 on a Thalys train. The attack on the convoy of travelers from Amsterdam to Paris confirms their gloomy forecasts.

BBM

I am a little confused,I thought one of the Americans was injured with a stab to the neck.Are these the 2 Americans?Any info on the condition of the other hero?

The Australians are waking up (is that correct, given the time zones?) and they say:

According to the initial information from investigators, the two men who tackled the gunman were American soldiers who had apparently heard him loading his weapons in the train's toilet and confronted him when he left the cubicle.

An American - possibly one of the men who tackled the attacker - and a Briton were reportedly injured although there was no official confirmation of the nationality of the victims.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/2...in-terrorist-attack-on-amsterdam-paris-train/

These two men shine like new chestnuts, so apparently they were not hurt.

In fact, they look so delighted that I secretly hope they decide to get married, just to spite ISIS.
Cherry on the cake. EAT THAT, ISIS!

Well never mind my imagination. You guys rock! and thank you so much.

The marines are being considered for France's highest honor.

[video=twitter;634868969975980034]https://twitter.com/benjaminhaddad/status/634868969975980034[/video]

Wow. WHY?

IS Europe under such fear of a terrorist attack? I'm not seeing that in the global news.

Many hotels across from the station makes it very convenient.We only stay over night to catch the plane next day and eat at the House of Crepes.We are very very careful in Brussels to not speak english or dilly dally any where.

There were 4 heroes: two soldiers, one student, Americans and a British man living in France.

Spencer Stone, the greatest hero, had to be treated in hospital for stabbing wounds.

Meanwhile, he has left the hospital:

Spencer Stone leaves hospital - the very latest on France train attack here http://go.shr.lc/1JCGEuj

(I tried to upload a picture but this does not work, what is wrong with .jpg?)

Wow. WHY?

IS Europe under such fear of a terrorist attack? I'm not seeing that in the global news.

Many hotels across from the station makes it very convenient.We only stay over night to catch the plane next day and eat at the House of Crepes.We are very very careful in Brussels to not speak english or dilly dally any where.

Muslims who have migrated to Belgium have traveled to Syria became radicalized and returned.I have no link but this is in European and American news.The Belgium police broke up a cell near Antwerp earlier this year.Belgium has been on high alert for sometime.I keep up with the news because I travel every few months.There are sections in Paris and Brussells that are not safe for Americans or Brits.Islamists have called for attacks on returning to Europe from Syria.

I do not have time at the moment to look up and link events but to name a few.
Brussells Holocaust Museum
Charlie Hebdo
Tunisia Beach
UK machete attack on Soldier
A few months ago France broke up and arrested a group planning an attack.

You can look through this section of threads on websleuths and see the threat.

Muslims who have migrated to Belgium have traveled to Syria became radicalized and returned.I have no link but this is in European and American news.The Belgium police broke up a cell near Antwerp a few months ago.Belgium has been on high alert for sometime.I keep up with the news because I travel every few months.There are sections in Paris and Brussells that are not safe for Americans or Brits.Islamists have called for attacks on returning to Europe from Syria.

I do not have time at the moment to look up and link events but to name a few.
Brussells Holocaust Museum
Charlie Hebdo
Tunisia Beach
A few months ago France broke up and arrested a group planning an attack.

According to The Daily Mail, quoting La Voix de Nord:

France's La Voix du Nord newspaper reported: 'According to our sources, he [Al Qahzzani] was part of the same jihadist group which attacked on Belgian anti-terrorist police in a violent fire-fight in January 2015, in Verviers, near Liege.

'It appears that he had been identified as a potential security threat by the Spanish authorities who had alerted French authorities and had asked them for further information about him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html#ixzz3jZV3n8UA

There is more info on the Jihadist cell in Verviers in the thread about Charlie Hebdo
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=11396611&highlight=verviers#post11396611

Thank you Za Zara for the links.

Although I will keep a low profile,I have never been more proud to be American with these brave men.

There appears to be A FIFTH HERO, a man who was hit by bullets.

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/c...les-deux-blesses-soignes-a-ia19b57391n3003242

The man who was shot is doing "well"

Another person was seriously injured by a bullet fired by the fanatic. The injured man, a Franco-American civilian, was transported by helicopter by Heli 59 to the University Hospital of Lille. His prognosis is not 'endagered'. According to Patrick Goldstein, the head of Lille emergencies, questioned this Saturday late afternoon, the passenger "is well" and is under medical supervision.

Patrick Goldstein said the man had "snatched a Kalashnikov from the hands of the aggressor." The passenger had immediately turned to get away with the weapon of war, but the attacker still had his gun, and shot him in the back. "A bullet hit his back, at the level of the lumbar vertebrae, crossed his body, the lung and then came out the same side, on the left side at the collarbone," he said, adding that the man had therefore "not undergone any operation."

He will have to stay in the hospital for several days.

He described this man, of about fifty years and living in Boulogne-Billancourt as "someone quite exceptional." According to him, the man would teach at prestigious schools such as the École Polytechnique.

BBM

:tyou:

I would consider tourists would be a target,in large groups like a plaza or hotel and restaurants and public transport.
It would be a good idea to have a plan of emergency at the hotel near Zuid Station.Does anyone have any ideas?Getting a room near emergency exit and only 1-2 floors up.Removing tags on luggage to inside.Covering any American labels,my luggage says American Tourister uggh!
It is best to be pro active.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/08/22/inenglish/1440250731_591451.html

Spain has information on this 26-year-old Moroccan national because he was legally resident in the country for seven years. Spanish anti-terrorism sources have told EL PAÍS that the suspect lived in Spain between 2007 and 2014, first in Madrid, then in the southern port city of Algeciras. He moved to France in March last year and from there traveled to Syria, allegedly to try to enlist with Islamic State. When he left Spain, Spanish authorities alerted the French intelligence services about his presence in France, describing him as “very radical and potentially dangerous.” He was also known to Belgian authorities.

The same sources also said that they had added his name to the police database of Schengen agreement countries back in 2012 because of his extremist connections.

El Kahzzani was legally resident in Spain, possessing a foreigner’s identification number, and his record shows that he was also arrested three times for drug trafficking, twice in Madrid and once in the Spanish north African exclave of Ceuta, the sources said.

BBM

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/c...les-deux-blesses-soignes-a-ia19b57391n3003242

The man who was shot is doing "well"

Another person was seriously injured by a bullet fired by the fanatic. The injured man, a Franco-American civilian, was transported by helicopter by Heli 59 to the University Hospital of Lille. His prognosis is not 'endagered'. According to Patrick Goldstein, the head of Lille emergencies, questioned this Saturday late afternoon, the passenger "is well" and is under medical supervision.

Patrick Goldstein said the man had "snatched a Kalashnikov from the hands of the aggressor." The passenger had immediately turned to get away with the weapon of war, but the attacker still had his gun, and shot him in the back. "A bullet hit his back, at the level of the lumbar vertebrae, crossed his body, the lung and then came out the same side, on the left side at the collarbone," he said, adding that the man had therefore "not undergone any operation."

He will have to stay in the hospital for several days.

He described this man, of about fifty years and living in Boulogne-Billancourt as "someone quite exceptional." According to him, the man would teach at prestigious schools such as the École Polytechnique.

BBM

Bless him and heal him,What exceptional people that were brought together at that very moment.And unbelievable that the Thalys crew locked themselves and did not undergo an emergency plan for passengers.

I would consider tourists would be a target,in large groups like a plaza or hotel and restaurants and public transport.
It would be a good idea to have a plan of emergency at the hotel near Zuid Station.Does anyone have any ideas?Getting a room near emergency exit and only 1-2 floors up.Removing tags on luggage to inside.Covering any American labels,my luggage says American Tourister uggh!
It is best to be pro active.

Skip the hotels, the Zuid-area. Try Airbnb and Uber.

CNN just said Kahzanni was in Turkey and may have had connections or planned it there.

The man who was shot is doing "well"...

Thankfully those 5 heroes (1 Briton, 1 French and 3 Americans, I think) were in the right place at the right time and overpowered alleged terrorist...Their parents and families should be so proud of them, they saved numerous lives and extraordinary selfless acts. I like what the Briton said something like, "Well, I thought we were going to die, so figured let's go, be active and try to take him down instead of being shot in a corner". I'm sure their adrenaline must have been in high gear. I hope the train system will install metal detectors/screens and/or patrols/bomb sniffing dogs. France has had a number of scares/incidents this year, so will it likely remain on high alert for a bit. Jmo/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLGHTMEDC1
Back