Friends & Family of Susan Cox Powell offer public an alternative to ground search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-search-west-desert-0410,0,7102273.story

Today's search in the West Desert

TOOELE COUNTY, Utah - There is no lack of volunteers who want to help search for the missing West Valley woman, Susan Cox Powell. But this time they are leaving this search to an expert group of volunteers come Saturday morning. The Bridgerland Volunteer Fire Department and other expert volunteer searchers plan to begin the expedition near Simpson Springs, a region in Utah's West Desert, where Susan's husband, Josh Powell took their children camping.

Powell has been missing for four months now and her story has gone international thanks to her friends and concerned community members who have spread the word regarding her disappearance using social networks like Facebook and Twitter.

Law enforcement has safety concerns of a large scale volunteer search in such a remote area, so Saturday's search is not open to the public.

The First, Large Scale, Organized Effort to Find Susan ...

Friday, Apr 9, 2010 @11:54pm CDT

Friends, loved ones and strangers have been searching for missing mom Susan Powell for months since she mysteriously disappeared last December.

Early tomorrow morning, the first, large scale, organized effort to find Susan since she first went missing. The Search & Rescue teams will focus on a camping area two hours west of Salt Lake in Tooele County.

A 75 person search team will search the Simpson Springs Recreation Area in Tooele County for any sign of Susan Powell.

All of the volunteer teams will be well equipped with technonlogy and dogs trained in finding cadavers will help cover the vast area and pilot parachutes will even search from up above. They can cover a lot of ground in a little time.

This is the area where 28-year-old Susan Powell’s husband said he went to camp with the couple’s two young boy’s on one of the coldest nights of the year last December.

Josh who is now the only suspect of interest in the disappearance of his wife, said when he came home, his wife was gone.

Police searched the area back in December, but the ground was covered with snow and now the landscape is clear.

Searchers are looking for any clue that might lead them to Susan.

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=83292

I have not posted on this forum for awhile, just checking in to see what is happening

I have to contrast this late search with the wonderful efforts put forth in Florida that had a happy ending with our little Nadia...

and while this case probably had NO chance for a happy ending I do think that the LE could have stepped it up

I feel sorry for the family but I think at this point that the flyer idea is not going to find Susan any more than the "facebook" posts will find her

I think the idea of getting the word out to hikers, campers is a good one

It still freaks me out that JP has those kids and is out footloose and fancy free
I hope LE gets it's act together and makes a circumstantial case....I think they could put it together and charge JP !

I really hope and pray for a "break" and some good luck in this case....Susan needs to be found...and justice NEEDS to be served here

I have not posted on this forum for awhile, just checking in to see what is happening

I have to contrast this late search with the wonderful efforts put forth in Florida that had a happy ending with our little Nadia...

and while this case probably had NO chance for a happy ending I do think that the LE could have stepped it up

I feel sorry for the family but I think at this point that the flyer idea is not going to find Susan any more than the "facebook" posts will find her

I think the idea of getting the word out to hikers, campers is a good one

It still freaks me out that JP has those kids and is out footloose and fancy free
I hope LE gets it's act together and makes a circumstantial case....I think they could put it together and charge JP !

I really hope and pray for a "break" and some good luck in this case....Susan needs to be found...and justice NEEDS to be served here

Totally agree!!!!!

This case freaks me out. From JP's outlandish story, to the fact that (yes) he has those precious children, to the idea that SP might have been dead in the back of the truck when JP took the kids to make "smores" that night (MOO), I just feel FOR SURE that this guy is getting away with murder. LE needs to find what they need to get him and get those kids into safe hands. The fact that they can't arrest him yet, for whatever reason, makes me want to scream. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back