• She is angry that she cannot speak

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • She is furious at being caught in her lies

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • She is wallowing in self-pity at her incarceration

Votes: 61 22.3%
  • She believes she can sway the jury

Votes: 112 41.0%
  • None of the Above (Please comment with your answer)

Votes: 39 14.3%

• Total voters
All of the above....

she's mad at the world that doesnt move aside for her needs/desires
she's mad for being exposed
she's mad she got caught
no one is buying what she's already said
no one is treating her like her momma always has and giving her a pass on her lies

and this is exactly how she reacted when they found Caylees remains...
she never ever expected them to find the body, or the evidence.... never

and she never expected to have to get this far into her guilt....

welcome to the real world Ms. A., the end of the hallway draws closer every day and your gurney is waiting....

and THAT is the truth

I think there were a couple of "actual" tears yesterday, though I believe mostly it was just eye-poking. But I have a theory about why she was more upset yesterday than other days, and it has nothing to do with the graphic pictures (that she wasn't even looking at).

I could be totally off-base, but given that the two times I believe ICA showed emotion since the trial began were 1) after CA's testimony and 2) yesterday, I think it had more to do with her parents not being in the courtroom.

I truly believe that ICA has convinced herself, despite the lack of eye contact from her family and the prosecution-leaning testimony, that GA and CA are in that courtroom for HER, not Caylee. So when they left because they could not handle seeing those horrific images, I think that ICA believed that they once again chose Caylee over her. And THAT is the one thing that truly makes her sad/angry/emotional.

Also, maybe, feigning illness has been a way for her to regain positive attention in the past (from her nurse mother).

I could be totally wrong. I should also note that I have not had my coffee yet, so neurons are not all firing! :crazy:

Does anyone know if the defendant can wear makeup for the trial? :waitasec:

ITA. And after the first 15 minutes she pretty much gave up the facepullingskinscrapingnosepinchingeyepoking attempts to get herself to produce tears. By the time break came along she looked pretty much normal again. I look worse after reading my bills when they come in the mail.

If only she had watched more three stooges stuff.

to be reality based, i saw tears. in her eyelashes and running down her cheek. i honestly believe she is crying because she is being forced to face the horrors of what, i believe, she did to her daughter. i think kc lives in a fantasy world and when forced to face it, something happens to her, panic maybe. she is able to continue the fantasy throughout the photos of the general discovery area until they come to the photos of little caylee's remains. she can no longer live in denial at that point.
i also think she was looking sometimes for residue in the tissue from her nose. sorry, but i would do that, too.
kc, imho, is ODD, (oppositional defiant disorder) and ASD, (anti-social disorder).

I actually agree with you to a certain extent. I'm not sure much or any of the tears were real but I think she killed Caylee because she's a spiteful ***** and now she regrets it. I think she did love Caylee but she loved partying and hating her parents more. JMO

Interesting you mentioned onion juice. I wondered if she had access to ground pepper or another irritant.
Maybe the dust or cotton fuzzies from the kleenex.

Chloroform?

I have to chime in here....there is NO WAY those tears were for Caylee, if they were TRUE tears, she would have been sobbing, or her eyes would have been red and swollen, I mean, come on, remember the day that Cindy testified and took a break and then came back, her eyes were swollen and red, she looked like she had been crying because SHE HAD BEEN CRYING.....ICA doesn't know how to cry for anyone but herself!!!..... just sayin' and JMHO...

Good point!

This is a piece from AC 360 about yesterday's trial pictures.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/10/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html

Do we have any pictures of how Cindy and George reacted? When Cindy was on the stand crying that was real. That's how a mother cries when her baby is missing. That is the least a mother would do when a picture of her baby's skull with duct tape, hair is shown on a computer screen.

I voted none of the above.
She is angry that she's being forced to see what she has done.

Do we have any pictures of how Cindy and George reacted? When Cindy was on the stand crying that was real. That's how a mother cries when her baby is missing. That is the least a mother would do when a picture of her baby's skull with duct tape, hair is shown on a computer screen.

They were not in the courtroom for this portion. I understand they are not in the courtroom today either.

I voted she's wallowing in self pity. She's enraged as well but that is also concerning her incarceration on a *advertiser censored****g whim.
I have to say today she gets my nomination for best supporting actress. Oh the angst, the pain, the anger. It's a piece of art this performance and pretense that the reality of the babys remains are causing her grief.

Kudos Casey!! Dab, look, fold tissue and repeat x 1000. Will be a long day for sure.

When I watched her today, in her moments of "grief", I wondered if she was mimicking Cindy. I didn't see actual tears, either, but I noticed at one point she layed her head down.
Another observation (very small, but it bugs): my first impression on seeing her was, why so much eye makeup? It didn't seem that much on other days..... then I wondered, considering what you'd be experiencing that day, would you really use a lot of mascara? eh, petty, I know.
My firm opinion is that she is incapable of feeling sorrow, remorse, any true feeling for anyone but herself. I dunno, I think maybe she just didn't want to deal with sitting in the courtroom the rest of the day.

You noticed the make-up too!!! I believe her new BFF DCS bought her some non waterproof variety of mascara for this phase of the trial. Even if no real tears flow, it will smudge and make it look like you were crying just from the constant dabbing and wiping.
We aren't fooled mind you. HDTV ensures that but good try Dotty! :sick:

Yes, I too noticed she had on more eye makeup than usual and wondered why on this PARTICULAR day she chose to wear heavier makeup when there were so many other days when she did not appear to have ANY makeup on!

Regarding her acting skills, I don't think she is all that good. Really good actresses are able to produce real tears. Casey is mostly unable to do so despite all the prodding and poking of her eyes.

The obsessive tissue folding and dabbing really get to me.

Yep ,tantrum's the right word......and with real tears but minimal use of tissue. :waitasec:
Today, she really needed her kleenex prop.

When I see her pretend grief, my mind goes straight to the vt of her at Blockbusters and bouncing out of Target with her swag. And as LDB asked repeatedly throughout her opening statement....... Where was Caylee Marie Anthony. Well everyone saw today. Her mother threw her into a littered swamp surrounded by all sorts of trash.

The photo attached to your post reminds me of Ted Bundy when he was in court..no kidding

So yesterday and today ICA knew what was coming next. These are the days that she looks her best. Every hair in place, clothes nice and pressed. Yet, she's so upset (yeah right). I don't buy what they are trying to sell. It's show time for ICA. I don't think that the jury will but it either.

ITA. And after the first 15 minutes she pretty much gave up the facepullingskinscrapingnosepinchingeyepoking attempts to get herself to produce tears. By the time break came along she looked pretty much normal again. I look worse after reading my bills when they come in the mail.

LOL this is SO true

I do believe she is truly distressed, but exactly why, no one but her will ever know.

One moment made me stop and say..WHoa!...when she wiped her eyes with her middle finger. I know lots of young (and older) people that do this as a way of getting out their "up yours" attitude. She knows every eye is on her (out of court).

First picture here: http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28182689/detail.html

OK, I typed this up for the sidebar thread, but it got closed before I could post. This isn't regarding "tears" but rather emotions, so I'm hoping it's a close enough fit.
Interesting, I was just reading the Dr. Glass blog where she talks about KC's bout of illness yesterday. She says it's real, the most real we have ever seen her. Could it really be that she's sick, not with a virus or such, but that her own guilt or shame is effecting her? I have IBS, so I know first hand how strongly emotions can effect the body, how the stomach & intestines can cramp and feel twisted inside. On my worst ever episode, many years back (after my mother sent me a suicide letter -totally fake as it turned out), I was in so much pain I literally thought I was going to die. It wasn't just intestinal; I had muscles pulling & constricting around my ribs to my back. I could barely stand up. Is it POSSIBLE that KC's own body is betraying her?

You noticed the make-up too!!! I believe her new BFF DCS bought her some non waterproof variety of mascara for this phase of the trial. Even if no real tears flow, it will smudge and make it look like you were crying just from the constant dabbing and wiping.
We aren't fooled mind you. HDTV ensures that but good try Dotty! :sick:

I thought incarcerated inmates didn't wear makeup to trial. I'm thinking of Misty Cummings as well. I don't see any makeup on ICA, but could be wrong.

MOO

Mel

I voted none of the above because I think she's a fake. Personally I don't see any tears. I mean how many times can you wipe the same spot over and over. There wasn't anything there in the first place. It's all an act.

I don't know, I really have mixed feelings. I think I saw real tears yesterday. But I think it was a combination of what EntreNous said about finally having to deal (with at least some of this on a reality level). But I also think SOME of the tears are real, because she knows she is busted and going to have to pay on some level for her crimes. The tears after her mother testified were real too, I agree with several of the posters that Casey was angry and repressed and it just spilled out.

I answered none of the above, ICA is used to bullying, her mom, dad and perhaps LA, with her presence and I believe, she would leave if conversations or situations if they didn't go her way, and that meant Caylee would be scooped up too. So they treated her with kid gloves. She told them "I don't want any of you coming down here for my bond hearing" when they didn't give her TL phone number or when she couldn't control the conversation.
In court she cannot control what goes forth so imo she cries to manipulate ...

I also feel it was an act! To date she has shown no emotion for anything or anyone but herself. I hope the pictures haunts her & she has nightmares forever. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back