"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Guilty V Not Guilty & What Level

• Guilty 1st Degree Murder - Totally Premeditated

Votes: 530 79.3%
  • Guilty 2cnd Degree Murder

Votes: 58 8.7%
  • Guilty Manslaughter - Not premeditated but during a Rage attack or a snapped moment

Votes: 61 9.1%
  • Not Guilty - Complete Accident

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • Completely Innocent

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in time now that the body has been found, and the medical examiner's findings state the cause of death is indeterminable, as well as stating she does not expect any toxicology to provide any additional light on the cause of death, any discussion about "drugging" is immaterial. It can't be proven so it's pointless.

There is also no history of child abuse, I guess people can speculate on that and perhaps channel their anger issues that way but it has no bearing because it also cannot be proven.

If we stick with what can actually be proven, behavior, car with the aura of death on it, body found close to the residence, and while we don't yet but assuming evidence was found at the scene linking back to Casey, she will almost certainly be found responsible for the crime.

Whether or not it was premeditated, based on what we know now and what can be proven, it's still a little iffy without drawing conclusions. I think the duct tape is going to play a major role there.

As far as the kidnapping theory, based on the evidence I stated above I think that will be blown out of the water. If indeed it was a accident, she certainly is making a critical mistake in playing kidnapping card and might actually sway a jury to the premeditated conclusion.

And what do I hope for? I hope that Casey get the most viperous defense possible. For the sole reason that as an American I know there is nothing more important than the Constitution and the rights it affords to all citizens.

I also hope that the prosecution presents the very best case possible, because that is their job and what they are being paid to do.

Good post SH. I totally agree!

This is exactly the point. It may be perfectly legal not to seek help; however, I believe that a judge's instructions to the jury will include something about the jury members' ability to use the defendant's acts to indicate "consciousness of guilt." This could be used against a robbery suspect if he fled LE, and I believe those 31 days can be used against Casey in the same way.

Here's a very brief summary of what I mean: http://blog.austindefense.com/2006/.../the-admissibility-of-consciousness-of-guilt/

So her actions afterward can be taken into account. You really are an angel- thanks for the link! :blowkiss:

Guilty! Lots of factors go into 1st degree. The fact that she knowingly and intentionally placed her daughter in harms way, drugging her for example, will pop it up to aggrevated 1st degree murder. The defense cannot argue that KC didn't know that it was wrong to "drug your child". Couple that with what she did with the body after the fact... dumped her in a trash bag on the side of the road.
Most crimes when convicted will have to answer to the "knowingly and intentionally" questions. IMHO, KC knowingly and intentionally did harm to her child which resulted in the death of Caylee, and with malice and forethought "hid" the body and treated a corpse in an undignified manner.
The defense will not be able to state that KC didn't know better.

Who in the world would have a "kidnapped child" and at same time go get a tattoo that means "Beautiful life" ????? Guilty! nuff said!!!!!!

Guilty! Lots of factors go into 1st degree. The fact that she knowingly and intentionally placed her daughter in harms way, drugging her for example, will pop it up to aggrevated 1st degree murder. The defense cannot argue that KC didn't know that it was wrong to "drug your child". Couple that with what she did with the body after the fact... dumped her in a trash bag on the side of the road.
Most crimes when convicted will have to answer to the "knowingly and intentionally" questions. IMHO, KC knowingly and intentionally did harm to her child which resulted in the death of Caylee, and with malice and forethought "hid" the body and treated a corpse in an undignified manner.

If prosecutors have evidence that proves Caylee was drugged, I would most certainly have expected a felony murder charge to have been attached by now. That would be the charge most likely to result in a murder one conviction, because, unlike charging a person with a premeditated murder, felony murder does not require prosecutors to prove intent.

It's a prosecutor's (heartless) dream charge. The fact that they have not played that card, tells me it is not yet in their hand.

Yes, you're right. Lots of factors go into 1st degree.
However,evidence is required before drugs can become one of those factors.

Toxicology reports are not in yet. And from what I understand any level of drug that is found can be used to boost the charge. Chloroform for example would indicate malicious harm; wheras Benedryl would most certainly put doubt of malicious intent in anyones mind. I am not a scientist so I am not sure what chemicals they can gleem from the reports; however, anything other than childhood standard medication would provide the "knowingly and intentionally" part of a higher charge of homicide. Homicide is a felony, as well as improper disposal of a corpse, which I am not sure why they have not tacked on as of yet, because the car clearly indicates improper disposal in the very least.

Toxicology reports are not in yet. And from what I understand any level of drug that is found can be used to boost the charge. Chloroform for example would indicate malicious harm; wheras Benedryl would most certainly put doubt of malicious intent in anyones mind. I am not a scientist so I am not sure what chemicals they can gleem from the reports; however, anything other than childhood standard medication would provide the "knowingly and intentionally" part of a higher charge of homicide. Homicide is a felony, as well as improper disposal of a corpse, which I am not sure why they have not tacked on as of yet, because the car clearly indicates improper disposal in the very least.

You're right. Toxicology reports are not in yet. So, it is not fact yet that Caylee was given drugs.

I'd bet that preliminary toxicology reports are in. Ask yourself, after 7 days of experts working overtime to determine the cause of death, would Dr. G put herself on the line by saying:

"My examination of the body and evidence is complete, barring no further bones being found...Toxicology testing is still to be completed on the bone and hair. While this analysis may prove to be informative, it will be difficult to interpret levels from these specimens, and thus will not be definitive in helping determine the cause of death."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28316044#28316044

IMO, she would not have said this if she had absolutely no idea what the toxicology report would show. Playing devil's advocate, assume she didn't know. She still would not have said this without knowing the remains at this stage could not prove Caylee was drugged.

I think any evidence she was drugged is off the table.

I'd bet that preliminary toxicology reports are in. Ask yourself, after 7 days of experts working overtime to determine the cause of death, would Dr. G put herself on the line by saying:

"My examination of the body and evidence is complete, barring no further bones being found...Toxicology testing is still to be completed on the bone and hair. While this analysis may prove to be informative, it will be difficult to interpret levels from these specimens, and thus will not be definitive in helping determine the cause of death."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28316044#28316044

IMO, she would not have said this if she had absolutely no idea what the toxicology report would show. Playing devil's advocate, assume she didn't know. She still would not have said this without knowing the remains at this stage could not prove Caylee was drugged.

I think any evidence she was drugged is off the table.

There were no tissues or organs to test so if she died from a chemical source it would not have had time to process to the hair and bones. In theory if the toxicology on the bones shows xanax present that would definitely open up serious questions, but it would not show cause of death or even when they were administered (let alone by who). I have seen others post that chloroform does not deposit in the bones and hair, but I don't know that for a fact. Again though if it did show in her bones it would not be from a dose that caused death and would open up questions as to when she was exposed, how and by whom but the unfortunate answers is we will never know.

Toxicology=highly unlikely to bring in cause of death.

<<There are a few similarities between this case and the Scott Peterson case>>

A few? That's the understatement of the year. LOL! Just kidding. Even my husband made the comment that Casey was a female Scott Peterson and he doesn't even watch the news shows and follow cases like I do. The similarities between Scott and Casey Anthony are astounding, in my opinion. On NG's show, Jesse kept remarking how he didn't know "this" Casey. How many of SP's friends and relatives said that very same thing about him?

Based on the evidence we know of, a jury would need to speculate to convict Casey. Unfortunately, juries often speculate. The Scott Peterson jury did. The jury in Cynthia Sommer's trial did too.

Can anyone come up with a plausible theory of how Casey could possibly be innocent of killing Caylee?

Her parents seem to think so. I wonder what their theory is? "The nanny did it?" Despite a complete lack of evidence...

One could have imagined (yes, a stretch) at one time that Casey was playing dumb to protect her daughter in a kidnapping situation...but not after the body has been found.

Can any of the sleuths here come up with a single theory as to how this girl could be innocent - I know there are a lot of creative minds here, and it would be interesting to have a theory to look at, and therefore gain some insight into what tack the defense could possibly take.

Can anyone come up with a plausible theory of how Casey could possibly be innocent of killing Caylee?

Her parents seem to think so. I wonder what their theory is? "The nanny did it?" Despite a complete lack of evidence...

One could have imagined (yes, a stretch) at one time that Casey was playing dumb to protect her daughter in a kidnapping situation...but not after the body has been found.

Can any of the sleuths here come up with a single theory as to how this girl could be innocent - I know there are a lot of creative minds here, and it would be interesting to have a theory to look at, and therefore gain some insight into what tack the defense could possibly take.

I don't think her parents think she is innocent, especially after watching the Aug 14th video visit. They just want to portray their family as perfect to the outside world.

How could KC be innocent .................

maybe..... If we are in the T W I L I G H T ~~~ ZONE ! ! !

cause in FLORIDA & the USA
Certainly does N O T L@@K like she is................

JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

******* I Wish little Angel CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY did NOT
have to die.............
but I KNOW that she is in HEAVEN WITH GOD & He created her...
He Loves Her and HE IS INDEED HER HEAVENLY FATHER!!!!!!
more
than I can say for KC being her earthly mother/parent ! ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member